Mini 68, Homestar Runner Mafia (Game Over!)

rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:54 am

Post by rite »

I like the idea. In fact, I plan on role-claiming before the day is through, either way, because I believe I have some vital information for the town, and I'm afraid of being killed overnight. However, the information may prove to be more useful if other people claim before me-- I may be able to catch people in their lies.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:02 am

Post by Dirge »

There are only three who haven't made a role claim.
[size=75]I wouldn't change a stroke, cause baby I'm the most... - Prince[/size]
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:27 am

Post by rite »

You know what? I am going to claim. In doing so, I am claiming for gslamm, and d8p, I am requesting that you claim. The longer you resist it, the longer you seem scumming to me.

I am Marzipan, and, contrary to Saigon's ramblings, I do exist. All my role claim post told me was that I would receive messages from different people. On both nights one and two, I received messages from Homestar Runner. Gslamm. It makes sense that Homestar would be able to contact Marzipan every night.

I also received Blackhawk's messages. So Blackhawk can confirm me: Night Two's message was "CoAcH" (which, by the by, I found odd, considering that Coach Z was killed that night. Blackhawk, did you somehow gain the ability to know who was going to be killed?). I'd like Saigon to reveal to all of us exactly what Blackhawk's night one message was.

On Night Two, I received a message from Pom Pom (Wacky, I'm assuming). One significant thing it told me was that he had in fact lied (again??) in his role claim, and that this was in fact a one time ability, and he had been trying to attract the attention of the mod. From the sense I got, Wacky was thinking very stupidly day one, so stupid that he made a stupid role claim that wasn't even his.

One thing I'd really like to note: I have NO PROOF that anyone who sends me a message is telling the truth, or that anyone sending the message is who they say they are. I am somewhat confident that Gslamm is Homestar, considering his ability to contact me every night. I honestly don't think Blackhawk is clever enough to fake a role ability as elaborate as the one he stated, so I think he is probably Homsar.

Wacky, however, has not lost or gained any credibility in my eyes sense receiving his message. I see no reason to either credit or discredit his role claim.

Rite
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:12 am

Post by gslamm »

And I can confirm Rite is Marzipan, or definately has access to the message I sent last night, since he used the two code words that I gave him last night for that purpose. I was debating whether to do this myself.

So you see this leaves only d8p, Dirge, and Saigon.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:20 am

Post by blackhawk »

i dont remember what i sent so dont count on me to back you up, but i do know i sent something
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:40 am

Post by rite »

blackhawk wrote:i dont remember what i sent so dont count on me to back you up, but i do know i sent something
Check your "Sent" box. I'd kinda appreciate the backup :P
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:10 pm

Post by blackhawk »

someone must've deleted it cuz it's not there anymore
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:11 pm

Post by blackhawk »

someone must've deleted it cuz it's not there anymore
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:01 pm

Post by Dirge »

blackhawk wrote:someone must've deleted it cuz it's not there anymore
If you didn't delete it you could check to see if it is on a second page.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:05 pm

Post by Dirge »

gslamm wrote:So you see this leaves only d8p, Dirge, and Saigon.
Leaves us what?
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:05 pm

Post by blackhawk »

nope it's gone :cry: i'll just go and sit in the corner :cry:
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:20 pm

Post by Dirge »

We now have five people who have access to Marzipan's answering machine:
-rite, Marzipan, no one else is claiming this
-gslamm, Homestar Runner, not confirmed to be character but confirmed to have access
-Blackhawk, Homsar, same as HR
-Wacky, Pom-Pom (the Ladies Choice), same as HR and Homsar except is a compulsive liar. Therefore making him more suspicious than the other two.
-Saigon, Bubs a character of questionable... well, character, not confirmed to have access, has made fantastically wild abilities claim and is unwilling to or unable to back them up.
rite wrote:One thing I'd really like to note: I have NO PROOF that anyone who sends me a message is telling the truth, or that anyone sending the message is who they say they are.
If all these people truly do have access to rite’s machine then I think as rite does that we need to be aware that anyone claiming the ability to access it could be scum. This is not as gslamm would like to assert an instant town identifier.
gslamm wrote:You mentioned 4 townies being able to clear each other. Wacky and Blackhawk are two, Marzipan makes three. Who is the forth? That is what I'm after with the mass claim. (although I'm hoping for 5) How can that be bad for the town?
In the
Marzipan’s Answering Machine
feature on HR.com there are about as many prank messages as there are true ones. I have also seen characters change other people's messages and coach Z once admitted to sneaking into Marzipan’s place.

I still think that four, now FIVE people having access to this machine is too many. That is why I think that Saigon’s claim is the
most
scummy.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:12 pm

Post by Wacky »

I said mafia, not mod. Attracting attention of mafia. But I don't think I used the word "again". Close enough.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:20 pm

Post by Saigon »

The reason why I can't tell what Blackhawk's message was. Is that I can only use my souped up wire tap once, and I haven't used it yet. The reason why I was sure Blackhawk's claim was true day 1 was that he couldn't have known about Marzipan's messages at that time if he didn't have some sort of access, and that if he was scum with access to Marzipan's messages someone would reveal him as scum. If you read my posts after Blackhawk's claim to the end of day 1 you will see that I said I was almost certain that Blackhawk was innocent. This couldn't have been the case if I didn't know about Marzipan's messages one way or another.

---

The reason why I just want to get this day overwith. Is that you're all almost certain that there are 2 mafia left and you have 3 persons that haven't been confirmed. Isn't it a little strange that I told you at the beginning of the day that Dirge and d8P were almost certainly scum? But since my doc ability doesn't last for only one day, but instead lasts for the rest of the game untill someone attacks that person. I know you will win, either way.

---

The reason why I haven't told you what my doc ability is, is a post Dirge made a while ago that I knew would make everyone sure that I was scum.
...you are the alpha and omega?

...have a ketchup bomb?

...wear black pants with a green sash?
The problem with this post is that Dirge guessed exactly right with his second proposal. My doc ability consists of placing ketchup bombs outside people's houses and thereby protecting them untill someone targets that house. But think about it if I was scum I would never say I had 2 ketchup bombs when Dirge mentioned it. I would say something like having Soy sauce bombs that made the attackers mad for a night or something like that.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:57 am

Post by d8P »

Oh my. OK.
Gslamm
is homestar.

~turns off intuition, which was obviously on the blink for a while~

I am Strong Sad. Refer to sighing in my first post, the used handkerchief in my third, Hamlet quotes throughout. Don't ask about my details. They're embarassing.

~sighs~
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:22 am

Post by Dirge »

Saigon wrote:Is that you're all almost certain that there are 2 mafia left and you have 3 persons that haven't been confirmed. Isn't it a little strange that I told you at the beginning of the day that Dirge and d8P were almost certainly scum?
Nobody's been confirmed innocent. There have been confirmed users of the machine. The only thing it shows is that you figured that two of us didn't have access to that machine and you could start a bandwagon on one of us. It is too presumptuous to assume that only town have access to the machine or that scum don't. It is certainly abused on HR.com. It seems that you would like us to overlook that fact.
Saigon wrote:If you read my posts after Blackhawk's claim to the end of day 1 you will see that I said I was almost certain that Blackhawk was innocent. This couldn't have been the case if I didn't know about Marzipan's messages one way or another.
Obviously scum who had knowledge of the answering machine could draw the same conclusion. Then, they could use it later in hopes it might help confirm their innocence.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:39 am

Post by Dirge »

One more thing...
Saigon wrote:The problem with this post is that Dirge guessed exactly right with his second proposal. My doc ability consists of placing ketchup bombs outside people's houses and thereby protecting them untill someone targets that house. But think about it if I was scum I would never say I had 2 ketchup bombs when Dirge mentioned it. I would say something like having Soy sauce bombs that made the attackers mad for a night or something like that.
About this BOMB!...This BOMB is used for good? The ketchup bomb is an obscure reference, a throw away joke at the end of one of the 'toons. I believe that the real reason you wouldn't say Soy Sauce bomb is that it doesn't exist on the site.

You have had like four days to reinforce your claim. Yet you still are...
Bubs, but a good Bubs? You have a Ketchup BOMB, but it's a good ketchup BOMB? An answering machine tap, but you can't or won't prove it?

Maybe you should have used a few more days to come up with a better claim. :roll:
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:16 am

Post by gslamm »

blackhawk - Homsar !
d8P -Strong Sad
Dirge -fhqwhads
gslamm -HomestarRunner !
rite -Marzipan !
Saigon -Bubs
Wacky -PomPom !

In my notes the "!" means confirmed. Thats why I said "That leaves Saigon, Dirge and d8p." Though I guess there is still a little question about Wacky.

I'm willing to go along with Dirge's plan to let him have one night to prove himself by blocking someone. I'll even volunteer to be the one blocked, since my ability has served it's purpose, and has been proven to work both nights. That still leaves a problem if Rite is killed tonight, then Dirge will not be confirmed. Any other suggestions?

Are we agreed we lynch Saigon today? d8p is there any way to confirm your role?
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:41 am

Post by d8P »

Not yet, anyway. I figure cos of the seance thing at Halloween, and a few appearances on Marzi's answering machine on .com , and the way she was the one who filmed my character story, and that we seem to be kindred spirits in many things that well, we'd kinda be friends and I'd call her at some point when I heard about the answerin machine bing a part of this game. So I guess no, really, not yet, but I was thinking maybe later. If the mod remembers me. I mean, she
is
as close as it gets to a human friend.~sigh~
[<<<loves roleplaying^_^]
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:47 am

Post by Saigon »

I agree that you should lynch me today, because if I'm telling the truth that means the town will win anyway. Although I actually believe d8P's claim.
Maybe you should have used a few more days to come up with a better claim.
Wow, are you gonna regret saying that tommorow :D
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:12 pm

Post by rite »

I'm not going to regret him saying it. If you are pro-town, you are pretty crappy at it.

vote: Saigon
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:19 pm

Post by Wacky »

Gah. Can't really not agree with that. The guy wants to be lynched, we go and lynch him, especially if it could be some kind of reverse psychology.

And I'm recently back from having seen about 40-50 strongbad emails, so hopefully I'll have some kind of input tomorrow. Like whether Strong Sad could possibly be some kind of Mafia Traitor or something. Or voting Dirge.

Vote: Saigon.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:26 pm

Post by gslamm »

I have to agree
Vote: Saigon

We never got an answer to why blackhawk sent the word "Coach". Just a reminder.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:45 am

Post by d8P »

Well, it's twilight. Saigon what was that all about. You're dead now, so you might as well tell. Was it part of your role or just apathy?
Strong Bad
Strong Bad
Townie
Strong Bad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:22 am

Post by Strong Bad »

Final Vote Count:

Dirge: 2
(Saigon)
Saigon: 1
(Dirge, gslamm, rite, Wacky)
Not Voting:
blackhawk, D8P.

"I'm gonna catch the mafia red handed, I am I am." said Saigon. "But how will this be done?" was the overwhelming response. "Maybe he'll use ketchup bombs." Dirge joked. Saigon became quiet. As the town pressed him, he finally gave in. "I DO use ketchup bombs." he said. This was too much. How could he use BOMBS for good? As Saigon was hauled to the bottomless pit, he was surprisingly quiet. When everybody explored his concession stand afterward, they did, in fact, find a ketchup bomb and a wire tap, and somehow everybody knew that he was working for them.

Saigon(Bubs) has been sent to the bottomless pit. He could set two ketchup bombs on anybody's house to protect them. He could also listen in on Marzipan's machine once.

Nightfall, for the third time.
Holy crap! It's [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18814#18814]Homestar Runner Mafia[/url]!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”