A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:05 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

VOTE COUNT

Magua (1) - Danakillsu
Zdenek (
Lynch Immune
) (1) -popsofctown,
Locke Lamora (4) Zdenek, Magua, Twilight Sparkle, Benmage

Danakillsu (1) LynchMePls
LynchMePls (1) Shadow1psc
Twilight Sparkle (1) Locke Lamora

Not voting (1) hasdgfas

*10 players remain, 6 to lynch someone.
*Checking if anyone needs a prod
*Don't drink and post. You may embarass yourself.
*Deadline here
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

LynchMePls wrote:
popsofctown wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
danakillsu wrote:If I was given a fakeclaim that WASN'T VT, then it wouldn't make much sense AS A VT. Therefore, the fact that my claim makes sense as a VT should tell you that my fakeclaim would have had to be VT from the start to make me scum.
This makes me less likely scum,
though admittedly not a ton less likely
This is flatly false. Any claimed name could be VT.
You are stretching and you are refusing to acknowledge that even if your point were true
(which it isn't),
IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU CONFIRMED TOWN
.hat
But pops, this is ignoring the full chain of questioning. My original question was "Why are you calling yourself confirmed town". His response had 2 arguments, BOTH OF WHICH I SHOWED DO NOT MAKE HIM CONFIRMED TOWN. But nowhere did he admit that those pieces of evidence do NOT make him CONFIRMED town.

This argument is stupid, and I'm tired of it. The simple fact is dana was blatantly exaggerating by calling himself "confirmed", which is hugely anti-town at best. When people use the word "confirmed", it better damn well be fucking confirmed. I don't keep a spread sheet of all the claims, so when he called himself "confirmed" I spent about a half hour or so looking back in the record trying to figure out what the fuck he was talking about, when I couldn't figure out why he was confirmed I asked him to explain it, and it turned out to be BS.

I do not like the LL lynch. Zoraster's flip confirms LL's name, and Clegane being a SK against Lannister town doesn't seem right.
The colored clause clearly demonstrates that he uses the word confirmed much more loosely than you do. You know that, you just want to rage over semantics and argue past dana. You like to yell things.
The colored text describes the chance of dana being town as if it's somewhere between 0% and 100%. That's not claiming to be guaranteed town.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

Zdenek wrote:
pops wrote: HE SUBTLY TRIES TO MAKE US GUESS IF HE'S SK OR SCUM, WHICHEVER WE DON'T WANT TO LYNCH.
This is ridiculous. I have explained why I can't be the SK and why I am not Stark.
You specifically focus on defending whichever front is most pressing at the moment instead of like, being protown, or claiming to be protown.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

@Twilight Hito : Ok. Yes. It's possible that zoraster is a lyncher with a bulletproof, uninvestigateable SK target. Which requires zoraster to get him lynched before he dies, period. Meaning the gameplay dynamic is that he pisses Locke Lamora off during the day, then gets shot by Locke Lamora at night by the defensive SK. Sounds like a real treat to play, if only Locke was the one screaming obscenities, then I could enjoy that fabulous role. And I'm sure this has been done before, in some thread, somewhere.

But there's a multitude of reasons that it doesn't look like good design this game. The clause about the NK scenario doesn't confirm Locke, but it does make him being SK less likely. The hard mode difficulty of a lyncher going after LockeSK does not confirm Locke, but it does make him being SK less likely. The presence of a flipped anti town BP... wait zdenek hasn't flipped yet.. I hate this game.... the presence of someone whom I shall consider a flipped antitown BP makes LockeSK less likely (can create draws, if I'm not mistaken).

If Locke's play was terrihorrifailibad, then he could be an optimal lynch in spite of these things. But it hasn't been that bad. LMP hasn't been multiquoting him and caps locking, that's how you know it's not that bad. Actually some of his posts even sound townie.

I'm beginning if zoraster was the only Locke-lyncher.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

ebwop beginning to wonder if
"Well, I..."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Benmage »

unvote vote magua
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Benmage wrote:
unvote vote magua
lolwut?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Benmage »

Shadow1psc wrote:
Benmage wrote:
unvote vote magua
lolwut?
PoE there is noone else.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Benmage »

Pops is modconfirmed Jaime lannister. That's town.
Dana is investigated VT. That's town.
Cow is Payne who shot xtom. That's town.
LMP is qyburn CPR doc. Flavor checks out. Early claim and motive makes sense. D2 claim with other killing entities doesn't make sense. Unless he's the sk. Unlikely nonetheless. Cause D2 claim his delayed full claim etc etc was askinn for rbs. His feysal push uncharacteristic of nontown. That's town
Shadow has played a town game. Was table conductor. Is least mechanically cleared, is most Mafia cleared. That's town.
LL, the mountain that moves. Is lannister vanguard. Is town. Had a lyncher, pops is right about the mechanics and ll simply killing zoraster. That's town.

Whose left???
TS? Claiming VT ....not good. But Mina is town.

So zdenek who will die tomorrow, and magua.

That's it. It has to be that. PoE.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

I personally got more towntells drops from Magua than from Shadow, but I respect your opinion.

Assuming there is a stark other than zdenek, whoever that stark is looks pretty townie in the eyes of the town.
If you're going down in flame like Setael, and you have a partner who's doing well (I don't think it's as good if he's doing bad), you would do whatever you can to protect him.

You can interpret Setael's actions as protecting Magua, or WIFOM them back to hurting Magua, but I think it's the former. She had to be doing something. She was far, far too zealous for caught scum.

So I do like a Magua lynch in that respect, and I can go with this.
Vote: Magua
"Well, I..."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Magua »

pops, your reasoning is terrible. You're town, but your reasoning is still terrible.

Benmage, your PoE reasoning isn't terrible, but goddamn, your governing of Zdenek was.

I think Benmage, hasdgfas, Shadow1psc, and popsofctown are 100% confirmed. I don't care what anyone says.

I think that Locke Lamora, Twilight Sparkle, or danakillsu cannot be Stark.

Hopefully I've made all of my other reads abundantly clear.

Also, I'd like to end this by saying that all of you who think I'm Stark or could possibly be Stark are just fucking terrible. I mean, seriously, seriously, incredibly bad. I really do mean you here, pops, hate to be singling you out on this, but no two sentences you put together make sense in any possible fashion, and I think I may have actually become dumber by trying to read them.

Those of you who think I'm the SK are only marginally terrible. I mean, don't get me wrong, you're still incorrect, but I can at least see where you're coming from.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Magua »

Missed adding this: Don't think LynchMePls is the serial killer and highly doubt danakillsu is.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Magua wrote:pops, your reasoning is terrible. You're town, but your reasoning is still terrible.

Benmage, your PoE reasoning isn't terrible, but goddamn, your governing of Zdenek was.

I think Benmage, hasdgfas, Shadow1psc, and popsofctown are 100% confirmed. I don't care what anyone says.

I think that Locke Lamora, Twilight Sparkle, or danakillsu cannot be Stark.

Hopefully I've made all of my other reads abundantly clear.

Also, I'd like to end this by saying that all of you who think I'm Stark or could possibly be Stark are just fucking terrible. I mean, seriously, seriously, incredibly bad. I really do mean you here, pops, hate to be singling you out on this, but no two sentences you put together make sense in any possible fashion, and I think I may have actually become dumber by trying to read them.

Those of you who think I'm the SK are only marginally terrible. I mean, don't get me wrong, you're still incorrect, but I can at least see where you're coming from.
Well what do you want me to do Magua. My number one pick for scum was governed. The rest of the town is quasi confirmed or full confirmed. Those who aren't confirmed in some degree have played a good town game. The only other option I'd be allowed is LL, and I disagree with you on LL. I have to grab at straws. Are you referring to my play all game? If that's the case, I'm surprised you let it go on for dozens of pages, and only commented on it roundabout survival motive time.
"Well, I..."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Magua »

popsofctown wrote:Well what do you want me to do Magua. My number one pick for scum was governed. The rest of the town is quasi confirmed or full confirmed. Those who aren't confirmed in some degree have played a good town game. The only other option I'd be allowed is LL, and I disagree with you on LL. I have to grab at straws. Are you referring to my play all game? If that's the case, I'm surprised you let it go on for dozens of pages, and only commented on it roundabout survival motive time.
That was pointed almost entirely on your post trying to draw a connection between Setael and I as being buddies and Setael protecting me.

If I can't get a Zdenek lynch, I want a Locke lynch. If I can't get a Locke lynch, I want a Twilight lynch. Benmage has stated pretty upfront that I'm getting lynched in preference to Twilight. Benmage also said Zdenek is town. I'm not going to fucking argue with him because it will just make my head explode.

But saying I'm Stark or that Setael and I are buddies really flies in the face of posts 1 through 106 or so of this game. EVERYTHING ELSE ASIDE, if I'm Stark, that means I'm taking credit for the SK kill, claiming scum to the SK before everyone had even claimed while simultaneously arguing there was no SK, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. Not to mention the aforementioned if I'm Stark then it means that I have bussed every single day except for D2.

If I'm going to be lynched, then it's going to be outside of lylo. There's zero reason for me to survive the lynch today if it only means coming back to me D7. That's fine. But bullshit things like a Setael-Magua connection just make my lynch look stupid, which isn't fine.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Magua »

10 alive. Hope it's 8:1:1, because if it's not, then Benmage has simply fucked us all over and lost. But I think it's 8:1:1, so maybe it's ok.

Lynch me, 7:1:1. Two nightkills, worst case, 5:1:1. One nightkill isn't really any better for us, because it doesn't give us an extra mislynch.

Lynch Zdenek, who is going to be scum. 5:1. One night-kill. 4:1.

This gives you one mislynch.

Lynch Twilight Sparkle, because they fit into either category.

If that's a mislynch, it's now 2:1. Unless I miss my guess, final day in that case would be LynchMePls, danakillsu, and Locke Lamora. Think dana is clear. LL can't be Stark. LMP can't be SK. So that should make it easy.

The only difference to this plan would be switching me and Twilight, which Benmage isn't going to do, and, since even best case TS turns out to be SK, one nightkill tonight doesn't give us an extra mislynch *anyways*, is simply not worth it for me to argue about.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Magua »

If anyone thinks my plan is wrong, I want them to argue with me about it *now*. Argue with me as if I were confirmed town, since I'll be confirmed after I flip.

That is, the lynches should go:

Zdenek > Twilight Sparkle > (LMP or LL)
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by danakillsu »

I lol'd when Magua admitted to flailing. Continue with the lynch. If he somehow isn't scum, we reconsider what we think we know.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Magua »

danakillsu wrote:I lol'd when Magua admitted to flailing. Continue with the lynch. If he somehow isn't scum, we reconsider what we think we know.
You're bad at this. I mean, really bad.

But I'll take this as tacit approval of my plan.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

unvote

ugh..
"Well, I..."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Benmage »

Mod
in a clash of kings what message would the cop get if he was roleblocked??
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

vote: Twilight Sparkle

Reasoning: I'm conftown I don't have to post reasons when I vote.
"Well, I..."
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:45 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Benmage wrote:
Mod
I see no reason to answer this question.
War has arrived!

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Benmage »

Eddard Stark wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Mod
Was it not open information?? That games over...
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:51 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Benmage wrote:
Eddard Stark wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Mod
If it's public information it's be available to you (via the thread). I'm not answering questions about past games. (there is also precedent for this in Clash, actually)
War has arrived!

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:58 am

Post by Benmage »

Eddard Stark wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Eddard Stark wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Mod
If it's public information it's be available to you (via the thread). I'm not answering questions about past games. (there is also precedent for this in Clash, actually)
Alright alright, myb on my phone and was just pondering. But looking back at last he says "no role name" which makes me think he got that specific message.

Dana is still conf town.

Zzzzz VC?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”