PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 2694, callforjudgement wrote:I thought it was the list mod who locked old game threads, not the game mod. (And for large themes, there's no real reason for them not to stay open pretty much indefinitely, because they don't have a numerical order that they have to be sorted in.)

I hope your right, its taking me sometime to catch up on everything after my death and during my vacation. I'll give some overall comments as soon as I can though
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p4106841
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p4106849
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p4107192

Counterproductive? I think McQueen's PR combined with the additonal PR from Haddock, would have hard for mcqueen to deal with. The Fonz had 2 mutually exclusive PR's in the original worst ideas thread and as he couldn't fufill one without breaking the other he effectivly could not post until his death

So giving McQueen a PR would have actually hurt the town however the town as a team didn't play well. The action of hurting the town was unecessary and not counterproductive at that point in the game. The lynch of the vote magnet was horrible. I thought my support of an FOS there would be interpreted as encouragement on the magnet but instead it egged on a rather horrible lynch in a long line of town mislynches. The town's play as a whole was pretty rough and I think it would have been nice had we won in the 3 person endgame, but I really don't think we deserved it.
Town had alot of lynch related mistakes throughout the game

As I said in the death thread, my job and my real life did effect my activity in this game. If me role had been as bad as everyone else's I likly would have lurked way moar. My role's skill and info really helped direct my scumhunting and the comments of others in the game gave me grounds on where to start as I often ave trouble hunting when i am in the dark. So scumhunting wise in the truest sence I don't think I did good. My role itself and the play of others did greater things. I made good tracking and inspecting choices. Found mafia that led me to more mafia by association which is something I am good at. Who better to track than the guy who is claiming the most crazy actions? And I found an innocent in a rather confusing situation with noob

I believe I can say I made good vidge and doc choices as well. I shot scum which is always good. And made another shot that helped confirm a townie in my eyes. I feel bad that I had to kill one to confirm one but I feel I still made up for that with the shot on saul. Red Panda was scum and he was likly the scum with the overall best play. I never would have suspected him and had he died night 1 I think the Mafia could have really run away with this game.

Red Panda did the most to identify who the 3 mafia were in this game. The wolves as a hole did more damage to the mafia then the town did.
However they made the crucial mistake of trying to lynch the mafia with the town as apposed to just killing the mafia at night.
Town was playing bad so using them to help you, I feel was a bad choice. Panda obviously thought Haddock and Dana and Bad Mason were scum and he should have talked his werewolf buds into mauling the mafia at night.
That choice and Saul claiming werewolf were only mistakes. Amrun's skill getting the red shirt, lynched was genius

Mafia didn't so much beat the town as they beat the werewolves. The town beat themselves. Mafia killing Amrun and Panda were great choices. Haddock PRing Saul was also a great move. Dana and CFJ's bussing back and forth late in the game, I don't think really got them much. With how bad town was playing and wolves being out of the game at that point, I'd like the think Mafia could have thought of a better strategy to finish off the town faster and keep their numbers, but meh the bussing still worked so I guess no harm no foul.

TLDR, Town didn't deserve the win as a whole, wolves lost to the mafia, so mafia wins.
Yep that says it all. I want to and thought I'd have more to say but yay I'm just going to far at this point, but at least I am concious of it so that's some improvment. I want to thank izak for the great game. Sorry I was not active as much as others this game, but I still had fun.
Also I applaud your efforts to muddy the neighbor mason meta, izak. You had 2 town neighbors and 2 scum masons.
Well done there sir!
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:43 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 2726, PokerFace wrote:
Also I applaud your efforts to muddy the neighbor mason meta, izak. You had 2 town neighbors and 2 scum masons.
Well done there sir!

:mrgreen:
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

My bussing of dana was because I didn't think anyone would believe I'd do anything else as town, so not doing it, I'd have been caught out. (That it helped convince people in the endgame was an unexpected bonus.) I'm not sure offhand why dana bussed me, but I don't think it hurt (apart from me confusing what dana and BBmolla had said about me, which in retrospect, was probably a scumslip.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Oh, and the werewolves deserve quite some credit for town's implosion, because they were clearly focusing on killing competent players.
scum
town
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Post by Phillammon »

In post 2729, callforjudgement wrote:Oh, and the werewolves deserve quite some credit for town's implosion, because they were clearly focusing on killing competent players.

Hey!
I see what you did there!
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Post by inte »

jesus christ you seriously haven't won a game?????
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Post by Phillammon »

No. Out of my 9 complete games, I've won 0.
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Post by Phillammon »

*No, as in, No I haven't won any. So correct.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:18 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Well, I'm glad I didn't disturb your losing streak!
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:29 pm

It actually motivated me to try really hard to win, because I didn't want to be responsible for breaking it.
scum
town
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I wonder what my losing streak is. It's probably quite impressive by now.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:47 pm

Also, sorry for the stealth insult, Phillammon; I hadn't thought of it like that.
scum
town
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Post by Phillammon »

Nah, s'okay. If I were competent, I might have won something by now. I'm gonna do a little looking around, actually. I think that 9 games on site with no wins is probably a record of some kind...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”