Normal 10 (Intrigue Mafia) - Deadline: March 18th 11am.

Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:54 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Vote NS
(I think everyone knows why)
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:46 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Just posting to show I am still following the game. No reason to change my mind about ducky.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:50 am

Post by Leonidas »

unvote: PolarBoy
. Bah.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:58 am

Post by Angel Fish »

Am I the only one who doesn't think that Polarboy's scheme will work? With a game in which all the player have roles, it would be pretty easy for any anti-town (or even pro-town) role to mess up rubber duck/ warrior's actions tonight and both prevent us from learnign anything and/or get us to have to lynch one or other of them (or polarboy) anyway.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:42 am

Post by PolarBoy »

I said it wasn't a complete plan. let me try to explain the reasoning behind it, that might make things clearer. Firstly, the reason for loading up RD with votes is because I suspect that he only gets to investigate people who are still voting for him at the end of the day.

Secondly, If Warrior and/orRD die overnight we get about as much information as we will if we lynch one of them, the point of my plan is to open the possibility of getting even more information and discovering mafs.

It's occured to me since then that there is a major flaw in this plan. If RD lives through the night, then it may mean he's actually a maf and when he reveals his investigations we won't be able to trust them. This basically leaves us back at square one, with nothing but our suspicions. Actually my plan was already being made moot by the fact that there are 10 hours and 20 minutes left in the day and RB still has a huge bandwagon on him.

Does all of this irritate anyone else as much as it irritates me?
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:50 am

Post by cuban smoker »

There are actually
20 hours and 10 minutes
to the deadline. If the vote count changes dramtically, I will extend the deadline. If RubberDuck has enough to be lynched at the deadline, there is a good chance the deadline will not be extended.
Kelvin
Kelvin
Ninja
Kelvin
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:13 am

Post by Kelvin »

Voting for RubberDuck: ambic, Werebear, Corsato, DarkBlade, DP, Polotet, mathcam, mikegoo, warrior, jadesmar, Night Stalker

Please, of those of you that are voting to load RD up with votes so he gets a high investigation, three of you please vote for NS.

As he has not given a convincing role-claim and RD has, it seems to me we should kill him.

DP, I take it that you still think him guilty by your previous post?

/goes off to reread first day.
Kelvin
Kelvin
Ninja
Kelvin
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:14 am

Post by Kelvin »

/doesn't actually reread thread, instead breaks fast.
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:33 am

Post by Night Stalker »

First off, I'm fasting too, so forgive me if this is a less eloquint then I'd like it to be.

I have no clue why you all are voting for me at the last minute. One or two of you mentioned something about my not talking much - but I never talk much on the first day (there's not much to say) and I've talked more then several other players.

Also, if I did have an evil role, I wouldn't be voting for RubberDuck and letting him investigate me.

But if more of you want a role claim, I'll give one. Better to get shot by the mafia tonight then lynched.
[size=75]"It's only a bunny!"[/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:49 am

Post by mathcam »

Something about our approach to this game just seems a little weird. We bandwagon people until they reveal their roles, switch to someone else, and repeat. Why don't we just all demand at the beginning that all roles be revealed? We then all have all the information and can pick the most suspicious roles out of there. This is mostly a rhetorical question, but it seems to mirror the approach taken in this game a lot.

I don't find Night Stalker at all suspicious, but then again, I don't find anyone but jeep suspicious. My priority, however, is not getting RD killed, so

Unvote: RubberDuck Vote: Night Stalker

Note it has nothing to do with you not talking...I just agree with PolarBoy's plan.

It's occured to me since then that there is a major flaw in this plan. If RD lives through the night, then it may mean he's actually a maf and when he reveals his investigations we won't be able to trust them. This basically leaves us back at square one, with nothing but our suspicions.

I disagree. Information that he spews might be useful even if he is mafia....and in my mind, more likely than not he's actually a townie. Warrior, I suggest you protect RD tonight (assuming we can get enough votes off of him).

Cam
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:00 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

OK, reread the last few pages of the thread, and I suddenly realized I never got around to this:
unvote: warrior

I agree with mathcam... the plan seems sound, and since we need to make sure
someone
has more votes than RD, I will reluctantly
vote: Night Stalker
, especially since there has been no role claim.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:41 pm

Post by Polotet »

I don't know why people think RD is innocent. His claim is completely ridiculous. It sounds nothing like a real role.
FOS Kelvin
for calling RD's claim "convincing" and
FOS mathcam
for voting someone he doesn't find suspicious, at all.
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:39 pm

Post by Night Stalker »

You want a role claim? I'm a superhero. I can either investigate or protect someone each night.

Unfortunately, I doubt I can protect myself, so I'm probably toast tonight.
Thanks alot.

Now that I've revealed my own role, might I suggest Green Crayons as the next to be forced to reveal?

For that matter, in a game where there are no townies, perhaps it would be a good idea to have everyone reveal their roles?
[size=75]"It's only a bunny!"[/size]
warrior4037
warrior4037
Watcher
warrior4037
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:18 pm

Post by warrior4037 »

i think Night Stalker has an interesting idea, except that it may open us up to the mafia more than we want. the mafia would prolly lie about their own roles (which we might be able to catch, but might not...) also, it would make it easier for the mafia to know who to kill off.
however other than that it's not a bad idea.
FOS: people who won't follow the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament
jk good luck everyone in your pools and such.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:13 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

Look people, we have, if I'm not mistaken, less than 3 hours to the deadline(CS, extension?). This is no time for waffling.

the reason Night Stalker has a bandwagon isn't because of suspicions. Somebody's going to die. It's basically an axiom here that day one is random. Here we have some claims that make it less than random. What those claims more or less demand is that we risk something on them. If we kill RD we get his role information, randomly. I don't care what you think you know, all we have right now are guesses. RD's role information may or may not match up with his claim and until we find out it doesn't matter. If you're thinking about unvoting NS because of his role claim, think about this: If his claim is true we may or may not get a role discovered by an innocent every night until NS dies. If RD is telling the truth, we get the results of 10 investigations, NOW! This isn't a matter of suspicion or evidence, it's simply that one choice is better.
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:54 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

I don't know if it'll do any good, but I'd really rather not lynch someone who has claimed a potentially useful role just because we have to lynch
somebody
before a deadline. Also, I will not lynch a cop or a doctor... and
especially
not someone who claims to be both. Call it waffling if you want, but I won't do it.

unvote: Night Stalker

vote: extension

I will not cast a lynch vote if there is no extension... and frankly, I don't foresee an extension being granted if we don't have full and complete participation from all players.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:58 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Kelvin wrote:DP, I take it that you still think him guilty by your previous post?

Yes I do. I might be wrong of course. I think his role is a nice variation on the pickpocket in Querci's Halloween mafia, but I don't think CS would have put it in. The mechanics of such a role do not work well (imho of course).
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:04 pm

Post by ambic »

I am retiring from all mafia effective immediate. Thanks for letting me play. I need to be replaced.
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:31 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

What a coincidence. I recently retired from all responsibility. As it is I have lots of time for mafia, and can replace ambic.

sketchwick
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:31 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Sketchwick will replace ambic. Sending role soon...

Quick Vote count:

10 RubberDuck
8 Night Stalker
5 warrior4037

NO EXTENSION WILL BE GRANTED
. The vote count has not changed significantly, which leads me to believe the town is at a deadlock.
Day will end in 2.5 hours.
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:09 am

Post by Mackay »

I can't tell what's happened over the past 2 days, because mafiascum isn't showing anything for me more recent than Sunday. This post is just to see if I can see the posts once I make one.
- Mackay
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:14 am

Post by Mackay »

w00t! I can see stuff now. Um, I think lynching NightStalker would be a very silly idea, what with his claim and all. I don't know what else to add, because I don't know who else would be a good candidate for lynching.

As for the extension? I am SO glad there isn't going to be one. This is the first day I've ever been in that lasted 12 pages. I'm exhausted!
- Mackay

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”