NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by Desperado »

Disclaimer: The jokes in this video have absolutely nothing to do with this game of mafia and are meant solely to amuse.

Vote Count 8.1Bulbazak (3) - Elyse, Marquis, Yates
tman2nd (1) - DeathNote
Yates (1) - Bulbazak

Not Voting (3) - Ythan, tman2nd, Green Canyons

The deadline for Day 8 is Friday, May 2nd, at 8:00 PM EST. With 8 people alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline in (expired on 2014-05-02 20:00:00).
;)
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Top: Elyse and tman.
Next: Marquis (would be in Top, but requested Top 2), Yates, and DeathNote.
Bottom: Bulba and Ythan.

-----

Throwing Bulba down there because my previous rationale for slotting RC into the town role (here and here, if anyone cares) doesn't really hold up to reflection. That is, as I recognized in Post 2592, I found RC's lurkerness to be more attributable to his comments about being shunned/disliked (or something to that effect) either in early game or back in the sign up thread -- even while recognizing that such lurkerness was indicative of EPM/NS's scumminess.

But, upon doing a quick ISO of the game DeathNote linked to here, in which RC was town, I think there's a big difference between RC's town play and RC's play in this game.

So, on that basis I'm willing to shift my opinion about RC, and I'm willing to attribute his hands off approach in this game to scumminess rather than hurt player feelings.

With respect to Bulba, suspecting another replacement player would align with my theory (from Post 2566) that Kagami was attempting to talk to another replacement scum.

I read Bulba's posts and there are some things I don't like about them, some things I think aren't particular alignment indicative, and then a whole bunch of walls which I only skimmed because I found them to not be enlightening.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by Ythan »

VOTE: Bulbazak
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2741, Yates wrote:
In post 2740, DeathNote wrote:Yates, why did you stay on Elyse so much?
Is this something you are expecting me to answer? [Not being cheeky]
I thought so but you make it seem like me asking that was stupid so maybe not... If someone else confirms that it is a stupid question, then I won't bother but for now, I kind of wanted to know your rational. You and Elyse should be top picks for kills now so I don't see how you can put Elyse in any more danger if thats the reasoning.

Top town reads... damn thats hard.

I would say GC and Elyse are my biggest town reads right now.

Yates is up there just because of the claim but hopefully my read on him won't matter after today.

Ythan/Marq are likely town too despite the iffy felling I get about them.

That leaves Tman/Bulb as scum for me so Elyse... you may need to start considering Tman as potential scum. Who would you replace him with?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I want to hear Bulbs input on Yates and Tman.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2718, Yates wrote:Nurse - now doctor. FTR - I was not self-aware. Matias and I received a VT role PM.
This is a freaking scum claim.
The [url=http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal]Wiki entry on Normal Games[/url] wrote:Mechanics which are explicitly Non-Normal include:
Lying to the players, including False Role Reveals and "Scum Masons".
A Nurse that is told that it is a VT is a non-normal role, as it would be seen as lying to the players, and there is no way it would be included in this game.
In post 2718, Yates wrote:
Was it? So I guess post 1975 was RVS, then?
I actually have no clue what she's doing there. Only a theory.
Which part? The part where I go on to show you in post 2603 how I knew Marquis wasn't Poro's Mason buddy or the part where I said my lynch wouldn't go through and it subsequently didn't?
That was part of many posts where I showed that you were preparing for a Mason fake claim. Now that you've denied you were trying for that, you are attempting this "Secret Nurse" BS.
Which is my point, yes? I'm saying there's a difference between distancing ["leaning scum"] and trying to blur the line a bit ["FOS"] so the connection isn't obvious.
That's still freaking distancing! A Mason is not going to put any suspicion on his partner whatsoever. A FoS is suspicion. Heck, it's what the S stands for. Again, the fact that you can even suggest that is indicative of a scum mindset and that you were defending you being a possible mason, as YOU WERE THE ONE THAT PORO FREAKING FOS'D!
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5835053#p5835053]post 2700[/url], Bulbazak wrote:for someone trying to argue that you weren't setting yourself up for a mason claim, you are beginning to set yourself up for a mason claim here by trying to convince us that Poro could have absolutely been masons with you and have been "distancing" from you
Is that what I was doing? Or was I simply illustrating the point above?
No, that was what you were doing.
Well aren't you special. And how's that working out for you? Seems like a HUGE overreaction to an accurate observation on a slot. You might have cause for paranoia if I was pushing to lynch the lurker slot at
any point
during this game. But this? It looks like an attempt to find evidence to fit the "read" as opposed to the other way around - at best. Really, it looks like a massive misrep and an outright lie to me - especially in regards to the "pushing for a PL here" comment. With the exception of a lulzy "I might lynch Marquis just to shut her up" comment way early in the game [which was a joke but I'll be generous and say you can mischaracterize that as a PL push], where do you see me pushing for policy lynches? I'd like specific quotes please and thank you.
When did I ever say anything about PLs? I said that you have been going after the weaker players for easily pushable reasons, such as jokey claims or activity. I was showing how your saying my slot was "broken" after I had only been in a 100+ page game for 2 days, and not posted for 1, is manipulative and was you gearing up to move the lynch from Kagami onto a lurker slot.
Regardless of how you want to "perceive" my contributions to those lynches, I was part of them. You claimed to have a Town read on someone for being part of ONE of those lynches and called me scummy in the SAME POST even though I was part of TWO. I'm not using the fact I was a member of those scum lynches as proof I'm Town - I'm using that to challenge your logic. So don't try to misrep my case by taking those statements out of context.
My townread had to do with the way they
pushed
the lynch, not just the fact that they were on it. You want me to call you town simply because you were on the lynch, and I'm telling you that's not how it works. I look at how players push the lynches. That's why Marquis is town, because of the way he pushed Zekrom and Pacman/NS. Just being on the wagon is not enough, especially when VCA shows that you only jumped on those wagons when they showed momentum.
Yup. That's what discrediting looks like. I'm saying your "read" [claiming 'Yates is scum because blah blah misrep'] and your actions ['vote tman'] are not in alignment therefore you have discredited yourself. Nice job.
Let's see... There are likely 2 scum left in the game. Tman made a suspicious push. Of course I voted him! I don't see how having multiple scum reads is scummy. However, you trying to use that as a reason to discredit my read on you is scummy as crap.

Elyse is likely town from Yate's claim, as I think he'd want to confirm a real townie to sell it. I also think Elyse's reaction was genuine. Not sure what to think about Ythan's reaction.

Yates has claimed scum in thread and needs to die. If you guys don't lynch him, then town deserves to lose this game.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 2755, Bulbazak wrote:Elyse is likely town from Yate's claim, as I think he'd want to confirm a real townie to sell it.
do you think here are five scum left
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2756, Ythan wrote: do you think here are five scum left
I think there are 2 scum left. I think this game had 5 scum in total. 3 are dead.

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Marquis »

Bulba is towning to me a bit with the inquiry into the nurse thing because I'm not sure if as scum he'd be that rash with the limited wiki search or whatever

But like

I can totally see the diff between Rc here and Rc in that town game

So like

Yeah. Sorry Bulba but I have to let go of my town reads

Also

Town. Elyse and DN
Townish. Yates and GC
Scummy. Bulba and Ythan
Scum. Tman

Regardless of the result here I'm lynching between Ythan and tman tomorrow
link in bio
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Marquis, if sanities are considered not normal, do you really think the reviewers would allow a freaking secret nurse?

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by Marquis »

Look at the actual nurse page though

I considered it at first but again even if for some reason the nurse page variant is off there's always the limited non normal element thing for larges

In fact the reason Yates isn't super town to me isn't because of the vt-nurse sanity but it's because apart from fish the doc we also had cabdgooner as JOAT. Also things
link in bio
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2760, Marquis wrote:Look at the actual nurse page though
Individual wiki pages do not account for normalacy. The fact that Yates directed everyone to the wiki simply means that he looked up the wiki page when constructing his fake claim.
In post 2760, Marquis wrote: I considered it at first but again even if for some reason the nurse page variant is off there's always the limited non normal element thing for larges
Normal games allow for a limited number of new roles. However, those roles must still fall under the same type of categories and restrictions that other normal roles do. A Nurse who was not self aware would not be considered normal for the same reasons a Death Miller or Death Godfather would not: It requires the mod to lie to the player, an action that is not only considered not normal, but downright bastard. This would make the role that Yates is claiming a bastard role and guaranteed not to be in this game.

tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:54 pm

Post by tman2nd »

Top 2: Elyse, and now Yates.
Almost top two: GC, Marquis.
Scumpool: Bulba, Ythan, and maybe DN.

It's L-1 right?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:02 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2762, tman2nd wrote: It's L-1 right?
Yeah. Your point being? Yates is conf. scum, and no one wants to lynch him. I swear, if I get lynched, I'm going to hang out with Mollie and Nacho and actually root for town to lose due to their complete stupidity.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Post by Ythan »

Nobody cares though.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

That's the problem. Simple logic should have insta-lynched Yates as soon as he claimed.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:50 pm

Post by Ythan »

Mhm.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 2764, Ythan wrote:Nobody cares though.
In post 2766, Ythan wrote:Mhm.
What?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:25 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2755, Bulbazak wrote:Let's see... There are likely 2 scum left in the game.
Tman made a suspicious push. Of course I voted him!
I don't see how having multiple scum reads is scummy. However, you trying to use that as a reason to discredit my read on you is scummy as crap.

Elyse is likely town from Yate's claim, as I think he'd want to confirm a real townie to sell it. I also think Elyse's reaction was genuine. Not sure what to think about Ythan's reaction.

Yates has claimed scum in thread and needs to die. If you guys don't lynch him, then town deserves to lose this game.
Wait. Is the bolded in reference to your really bad Post 2664, which was so bad that you walked it back in Post 2668 by disavowing your tman suspicions
completely
as a "misunderstanding" of tman's post?

Also, I didn't bring it up before in my previous post, but why were you willing to throw out a vote in such a late game day (Post 2664) based on your reading of a post that you were actually were "afraid" might be a misunderstanding (Post 2668)? Basically, I'm left asking myself if I should attribute such actions to sloppy play, scumminess, or some other magical third option?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2753, DeathNote wrote:You and Elyse should be top picks for kills now so I don't see how you can put Elyse in any more danger...
Fair enough. I have been assuming Elyse is Poro's mason since his flip.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2765, Bulbazak wrote:That's the problem. Simple logic should have insta-lynched Yates as soon as he claimed.
This version of nurse is EXPLICITLY normal. Trying to equate it to bastard modding or sanity is garbage scum flailing. Your ATE is also weak sauce.

The more you post the better I feel about this lynch.
Please pm me to pre-in
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:43 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 2767, tman2nd wrote:
In post 2764, Ythan wrote:Nobody cares though.
In post 2766, Ythan wrote:Mhm.
What?
You're really dense.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:02 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2768, Green Crayons wrote: Wait. Is the bolded in reference to your really bad Post 2664, which was so bad that you walked it back in Post 2668 by disavowing your tman suspicions
completely
as a "misunderstanding" of tman's post?
It is. Tman made a post I thought was suspicious, I pushed him on it, he better explained it, and I realized I misunderstood what he was originally saying the day before and backed off. What's so hard to understand about those series of events?
In post 2768, Green Crayons wrote: Also, I didn't bring it up before in my previous post, but why were you willing to throw out a vote in such a late game day (Post 2664) based on your reading of a post that you were actually were "afraid" might be a misunderstanding (Post 2668)?
During the night I thought that Tman had set me up as a scapegoat for the Nacho lynch. When he voted me the next day, that confirmed that for me, and I voted him. He later cleared up that misunderstanding, and I unvoted.
In post 2770, Yates wrote: This version of nurse is EXPLICITLY normal.
No it's not. A version of Nurse where the mod does not tell the player from the beginning that they're a nurse is a role that intentionally lies to the player, a mechanic that is not allowed whatsoever in normal games.
In post 2770, Yates wrote: Trying to equate it to bastard modding or sanity is garbage scum flailing.
Except lying to your players absolutely
is
bastard. That's why roles such as Death Miller and Death Godfather, roles where the player is not informed that they will flip the opposite alignment of what they really are, are considered bastard roles. Heck, the only thing that can make sanity non-bastard is if the mod informs the player that they may or may not be sane. If they make the player insane, but doesn't inform them of the possibility, then the role absolutely is bastard. Therefore, a role that gives you a VT role PM, then comes back later and says "I lied. You are a nurse and now the doctor." is a bastard role and would not be allowed in this game, and if it was, then I'm having some words with Desperado and Tierce after this game is over.

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:09 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2772, Bulbazak wrote:I'm having some words with Desperado and Tierce after this game is over.
Can I come? I'll bring the popcorn.
Please pm me to pre-in
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:50 am

Post by Elyse »

Bulba is obvscum.

If Yates ends up being scum then I take full blame for this loss.

But I would bet money he's town. His reasoning for protecting me is legitimate and Bulba trying to discredit him and lynch him rather than go after someone else is very telling. Scum don't want to have to waste a shot to kill him and then kill me.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”