Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Ankamius »

Hellhound1 wrote:
Maruchan wrote:
Hellhound1 wrote:
Ankamius wrote:@Hellhound1: If Timeater is scum, why are you not voting for him?

VOTE: Timeater
Tada.

Voting on Demand. Just, wow. No I'm not saying you're scum, but doing something to PLEASE someone rather than doing it for yourself is just. No.

I actually thought i had voted in an earlier post but id forgotten. Either way it wouldve been on timeater so it makes no difference.

Intentions beforehand mean little in this case; the timing and the way you said it is what matters more.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

Timeater wrote:i went vls cuz i was raging, wifom only ofc, but there u go. vladivostok off! real meat in a few hours

WANT MEAT

~Monarch Kog'Maw
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:46 am

Post by don_johnson »

ok, heres the deal. you guys seem to have your mind made up, and being day 1, the odds of me not being swayed by your opinions through this reread, i'm just going to cut to the chase with the vote(timeeater). here's what i want:

you post a question. be specififc, no "what do you think of the game"(its 13 pages, you fuckers have been busy, if i'm here i'll catch up proper tomorrow) type questions. include post numbers and or page references. i would rather not sift through the dh meltdown.

timeeater: claim now.

nobody hammer before a claim. nobody hammer until questions are posted for me and others are satisfied. i will place my ethereal vote on timeeater... NOW.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Hikari Link »

don_johnson wrote:ok, heres the deal. you guys seem to have your mind made up, and being day 1, the odds of me not being swayed by your opinions through this reread, i'm just going to cut to the chase with the vote(timeeater). here's what i want:

you post a question. be specififc, no "what do you think of the game"(its 13 pages, you fuckers have been busy, if i'm here i'll catch up proper tomorrow) type questions. include post numbers and or page references. i would rather not sift through the dh meltdown.

nobody hammer before a claim. nobody hammer until questions are posted for me and others are satisfied. i will place my ethereal vote on timeeater... NOW.

You are aware you didn't actually vote, right? Also, don't vote. You say don't hammer, but Mafia can and will self-hammer if they can't be saved and if it is a detriment to the town to end the day. I don't really like the idea of you coming in and just deciding that Timeater is a foregone conclusion either. My question is "go read the fucking thread!" Yes, that's not a question, but nonetheless. Read the thread, post your reads and why, and then make an informed vote rather than just bandwagoning.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Empking »

Hikari Link wrote:
don_johnson wrote:ok, heres the deal. you guys seem to have your mind made up, and being day 1, the odds of me not being swayed by your opinions through this reread, i'm just going to cut to the chase with the vote(timeeater). here's what i want:

You are aware you didn't actually vote, right? Also, don't vote. You say don't hammer, but Mafia can and will self-hammer if they can't be saved and if it is a detriment to the town to end the day.

What's the point of this?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Hikari Link »

Empking wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:

You are aware you didn't actually vote, right? Also, don't vote. You say don't hammer, but Mafia can and will self-hammer if they can't be saved and if it is a detriment to the town to end the day.

What's the point of this?

He said he was going to vote. I didn't want him realizing he hadn't voted and then putting a vote down.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

@Dj: a catchup post like Ryu did on the last page would be really cool. also, Time is at L-2 :p

@Empking: what do you make of Ryu's vote on you?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Twistedspoon wrote:@Dj: a catchup post like Ryu did on the last page would be really cool.

same for mysterio and anyone else who has hardly been here

~Screwtape
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

DJ's post is incredibly scummy. We haven't made our minds up yet; mostly we're waiting for Timeater to come into the thread and post the case he promised. The deadline is still very far away, and ending the day at this point would be an atrocious decision.

Otherwise, there are (by my count) 3 people who are willing to vote Timeater at this point, so a claim wouldn't be out of the question.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Ankamius wrote:
Otherwise, there are (by my count) 3 people who are willing to vote Timeater at this point, so a claim wouldn't be out of the question.

agreed

~Screwtape
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Empking »

Twistedspoon wrote:@Dj: a catchup post like Ryu did on the last page would be really cool. also, Time is at L-2 :p

I don't make much of it. Maybe a m,ild town tell because I can follow most (but only most) of the logic. (I( expect town would either spout rubbish or purposely go out of tyheir way not to spout rubbish rather than the 20% rubbish of his vote.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Maruchan »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Ankamius wrote:

agreed

thirded
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 am

Post by don_johnson »

i didn't vote on purpose. L-1 puts the day in danger of ending. consider my vote there, however, and i am also asking for a claim. none of you posed any questions. if you are not going to do that, then don't expect me to give you what you want. i refuse to read the flame war until(or unless) it becomes relevant. you guys rattled off 13 pages in a small amount of time. i had a wedding all day yesterday and work the day before. i work tomorrow and am camping all weekend(oh yeah...)

mod: v/la aug 19-22

if you want my input on something specific, just point it out and ask a question. preferably in a format such as this:

1) hey dj, how do you feel about post 67?

2) dj, on page 3, x voted y and then quickly unvoted. what do you think of that?

there is nothing scummy about asking players to help me in expiditing my reads. day 1 has no frame of reference(or little), so being less active is not scummy provided players produce helpful posts and analysis later on. i am willing to help now, and i am willing to lend my vote to the popular lynch. a claim on page 13 is not unheard of, scummy, or even close to non-sensical.

FoS: Ankamius 308

noone is suggesting we end the day, the fact that timeeater is at L-2 with others willing to vote him does point to the fact that we have made our mind up, so not only is your post flinging shit to see if it sticks by calling my post "scummy", it is also contradictory in its very nature.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Hikari Link »

don_johnson wrote:i didn't vote on purpose. L-1 puts the day in danger of ending. consider my vote there, however, and i am also asking for a claim. none of you posed any questions. if you are not going to do that, then don't expect me to give you what you want. i refuse to read the flame war until(or unless) it becomes relevant. you guys rattled off 13 pages in a small amount of time. i had a wedding all day yesterday and work the day before. i work tomorrow and am camping all weekend(oh yeah...)

mod: v/la aug 19-22

if you want my input on something specific, just point it out and ask a question. preferably in a format such as this:

1) hey dj, how do you feel about post 67?

2) dj, on page 3, x voted y and then quickly unvoted. what do you think of that?

there is nothing scummy about asking players to help me in expiditing my reads. day 1 has no frame of reference(or little), so being less active is not scummy provided players produce helpful posts and analysis later on. i am willing to help now, and i am willing to lend my vote to the popular lynch. a claim on page 13 is not unheard of, scummy, or even close to non-sensical.

FoS: Ankamius 308

noone is suggesting we end the day, the fact that timeeater is at L-2 with others willing to vote him does point to the fact that we have made our mind up, so not only is your post flinging shit to see if it sticks by calling my post "scummy", it is also contradictory in its very nature.

I have no questions because I believe the most helpful thing you can do is just read the shit yourself. Yes, you may be busy, but that just means you'll have to do it a little bit at a time.
13 pages really isn't that many and by skipping things, you can miss out on vital information. You may even find things that others have missed.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:49 am

Post by don_johnson »

link wrote:
I have no questions because I believe the most helpful thing you can do is just read the shit yourself.

i have explained why my opinion is different than yours. if you don't want to listen, then there is not much i can do to help you.

link wrote: Yes, you may be busy, but that just means you'll have to do it a little bit at a time.

i don't believe that would be helpful, i also have already explained that i do not want to read the flame war at this time. i'd rather those of you who are paying attention, simply pose questions which can help direct my focus. if not, then consider my catch-up post as being "blah blah blah, vote: timeeater."

link wrote:13 pages really isn't that many and by skipping things, you can miss out on vital information. You may even find things that others have missed.

its quite a lot imo. and i disagree. not all info in a thread is necessarily relevant. i have played plenty of games where i did not read and simply used gut and/or VCA to scumhunt. i find that my percentage of wins is similar regardless of the amount of effort i put in as either alignment. in regards to finding things others may have missed, i would prefer to do thatr when there is some frame of reference(i.e. flip(s)).

in short, at this time you are simply being confrontational, i have clearly spelled out what i want from you, explained why i want to do things in this manner, and am willing to play and help the game move forward. ball is in your court. next time you serve it back this way, please attach more specific requests that allow me to provide analysis in the manner in which i have repeatedly stated in which i am comfortable. K?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Hikari Link »

don_johnson wrote:
link wrote:
I have no questions because I believe the most helpful thing you can do is just read the shit yourself.

i have explained why my opinion is different than yours. if you don't want to listen, then there is not much i can do to help you.

link wrote: Yes, you may be busy, but that just means you'll have to do it a little bit at a time.

i don't believe that would be helpful, i also have already explained that i do not want to read the flame war at this time. i'd rather those of you who are paying attention, simply pose questions which can help direct my focus. if not, then consider my catch-up post as being "blah blah blah, vote: timeeater."

link wrote:13 pages really isn't that many and by skipping things, you can miss out on vital information. You may even find things that others have missed.

its quite a lot imo. and i disagree. not all info in a thread is necessarily relevant. i have played plenty of games where i did not read and simply used gut and/or VCA to scumhunt. i find that my percentage of wins is similar regardless of the amount of effort i put in as either alignment. in regards to finding things others may have missed, i would prefer to do thatr when there is some frame of reference(i.e. flip(s)).

in short, at this time you are simply being confrontational, i have clearly spelled out what i want from you, explained why i want to do things in this manner, and am willing to play and help the game move forward. ball is in your court. next time you serve it back this way, please attach more specific requests that allow me to provide analysis in the manner in which i have repeatedly stated in which i am comfortable. K?

Yeah, I've got nothing for you if you're too lazy to play the game your own damn self. Do whatever the fuck you want. Without your reads, you're useless to me. I can't see your thought process, I can't see who you suspect, and I can't analyze you.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Empking wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:@Dj: a catchup post like Ryu did on the last page would be really cool. also, Time is at L-2 :p

I don't make much of it. Maybe a m,ild town tell because I can follow most (but only most) of the logic. (I( expect town would either spout rubbish or purposely go out of tyheir way not to spout rubbish rather than the 20% rubbish of his vote.)

so you see the case on you active lurking? Do you agree with it :?

@Dj: why aren't you playing as well as you did in mathamathia? :neutral:

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

So whilst we're waiting for mysterio and a claim from Time.... (this game has a lot of waiting imho)

@nintendo: what do you think of empking and zdenek?

~Screwtape
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:17 am

Post by don_johnson »

don't call me lazy. unless you have read the entire thread and have the game figured out then you are no better than me. whatevz bro. questions aren't difficult to come up with. don't blame your failure on me. for a town win, players have to work together. you guys have someone wrung up to L-2 and have generated 13 pages of content. good job. if you have no questions for me, then consider my vote on timeeater, get a claim and move on. if others have questions, i'll answer. otherwise i will hopefully see you tomorrow and we can discuss more then.

spoon wrote:@Dj: why aren't you playing as well as you did in mathamathia?

like i said, you guys racked up a good number of pages quick. i play well when i need to. i don't think i am not playing well atm, i am just playing different. i was extremely engaged in that game from the start if memory serves, mainly due to my familiarity with the player list and my enthusiasm for my role. not saying i am not enthusiastic about my role for this game, but the initial dh meltdown turned me off and i would rather just move the game along. a lynch, an nk, however many night actions we have, etc. if i am alive tomorrow, i will have much more info with which to reread the thread and produce analysis. right now i feel like i'd just be wasting time, of which i don't have huge chunks. i'll try to read up a bit here, because obviously you guys don't want to do things my way, but i can't make any promises.

vote: maruchan

in the meantime, why are we voting maru? i notice you answered my question 6 or 7 pages ago, but can you elaborate on the case?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
The Tick
The Tick
Goon
The Tick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:32 am

Post by The Tick »

hahonryuu wrote:

The Tick: ahh, your name and avatar bring up so many memories. havent seen that dude in forever. anyway, yeah. *sigh* can't really find anything that stands out. though like with Link he seems to act more like a commentator than a player. but he eventually stepped out of that a bit. answered questions when asked of him. says why he believes person X did thing Y.
though one thing gets to me is that he retracts his defenses of timeater and basically says he WILL vote for him assuming timeaters defense was lacking...but I don't think he gave a reason for the take back he did. maybe he did and i missed it. after reading so many posts i could see my brain auto skipping stuff to get through with the work faster. So my question to you tick, why the retraction of your defense?

This post here is where I said I changed my stance

The quotes within the post (both from Timeater) are why I had to switch stances. Timeater is starting to post some vague, off-kilter, random sounding shit. Granted that happens A LOT in the early phases, but still...it's off-putting, given the strange stuff he's been doing all game.
Show
I AM MIGHTY!

I have a glow you cannot see! A heart as big as the moon. As warm as bath water! We're TOWNIES man! We're not glamor boys! Not captains of industry! Not makers of things!

PC and laptops of MafiaScum; do you catch my drift?! Do...you...dig?!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Maruchan »

don_johnson wrote:don't call me lazy. unless you have read the entire thread and have the game figured out then you are no better than me. whatevz bro. questions aren't difficult to come up with. don't blame your failure on me. for a town win, players have to work together. you guys have someone wrung up to L-2 and have generated 13 pages of content. good job. if you have no questions for me, then
consider my vote on timeeater, get a claim and move on.
[]/i] if others have questions, i'll answer. otherwise i will hopefully see you tomorrow and we can discuss more then.

spoon wrote:@Dj: why aren't you playing as well as you did in mathamathia?

like i said, you guys racked up a good number of pages quick. i play well when i need to. i don't think i am not playing well atm, i am just playing different. i was extremely engaged in that game from the start if memory serves, mainly due to my familiarity with the player list and my enthusiasm for my role. not saying i am not enthusiastic about my role for this game, but the initial dh meltdown turned me off and i would rather just move the game along. a lynch, an nk, however many night actions we have, etc. if i am alive tomorrow, i will have much more info with which to reread the thread and produce analysis. right now i feel like i'd just be wasting time, of which i don't have huge chunks. i'll try to read up a bit here, because obviously you guys don't want to do things my way, but i can't make any promises.

vote: maruchan

in the meantime, why are we voting maru? i notice you answered my question 6 or 7 pages ago, but can you elaborate on the case?

underlined/italicized for emphasis.

Just curious, how does this work "Pretend my vote is on timeater as I wait for him to claim, but wait I'm voting Maruchan."
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Maruchan »

[/i] tag failed.
Show
Join Now!

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

ok, DJ does make a point in that a lot of the DH events were drama and such. As long as we see the best from him tommorow and from now then I shouldn't have too much of a problem with him

~Screwtape
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Empking »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Empking wrote:

so you see the case on you active lurking? Do you agree with it :?

I do feel that I'm out of sync with this game.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Empking »

Yeah DH replacing out meesed me up because I was focusing on him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”