mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:10 am

Post by mith »

*~sigh~*

I claimed a role like page 9 or something. Yes, it's just "Townie", but anyway.

I've got too many votes, so I'm going to have to do something desperate, that I don't like at all.

JD was right, I'm the last Dalton.

That's why I've kept pushing the whole 4 members in a family thing. I *knew* there were. Shame you all went after rm even after my brilliant defense of him (IMO ;))

Anyway, the reason I come out now is that I would rather the Town win than the J-Ys. Besides, me dead=no chance of winning, me alive=some small chance.

Everyone has claimed a role, I think. You'll be screwed if you lynch me. 2 Mafia, 5 left, not good for the Town.

Anyway, I don't know who the J-Ys are, but I really do suspect our "Bar Regulars". Just because they aren't dead, mostly.

If we get a J-Y today, I expect mole to kill me (unless he's *really* sure who the other one is), so I don't think I have much chance to survive this. But I'm throwing my kill in with you. Like the times I was a serial killer, if we get to a point where no one is left, I will see if Neo will let me not use my kill, since I won't have a chance to win anyway.
The Master
The Master
Watcher
The Master
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:25 am

Post by The Master »

Hello. I found an innocent last night. I will not say who it is unless they are on the verge of lynching or if you think it is good to know who is innocent. Hmmmmmm. Not sure what to do about mith. I think we should lynch him because the only good mafia is a dead mafia. Never can trust them. For now I will
vote mith
, but may change my mind if there are any good arguments.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:17 am

Post by RoadBird »

Vote: Mith
bye bye
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:23 am

Post by mole »

But... I only got one shot... :( We're going to need a perfect game from now if we're to win.

[odd, I killed RE based on the assumption that you were a J-Y...]
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:39 am

Post by RoadBird »

I believe (sorry HOPE) we have won. I really don't believe in the four ppl per gang. So that makes Mith J-Y. Nice try Mith, but I really don't believe you.

If i'm wrong I believe JDTAY for being townie (1 townie in the game would be very odd) and that would make Corsato and Groza the J-Y.
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:03 am

Post by mith »

*Think* people. Even 4 mafia per gang is pushing it, the Town has tons of good roles. Do you really think that 2 gangs of 3, a SK, *5* Masons (the Barmaid knew them, didn't he/she?), an investigator that can hide, a vigilante, etc. etc. is balanced? And don't you think I'd have come up with a better defense than "I'm Mafia, shoot me tonight"? I didn't know mole couldn't kill, but I've just given myself away to the J-Y gang. All you have to do is wait and see if there's a Dalton kill.

*~sigh~*

Oh, and
Vote: Roadbird
. It probably won't matter, but he's been out to get me ever since he took over, and he pushed me to 4 (I think). You could at least give me a chance to, you know, talk some more.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:18 am

Post by RoadBird »

Mith, you're absolutely right. I was out to get you all along. And you know what? I was right and i'm proud of it. I did give you the push to four.

There is no use in not voting for you. If Corsato and Groza are both J-Y then the only thing that would happen is Groza voting for you instead of me. Then we still have a chance of winning.
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 9:18 am

Post by Neo »

The town, sensing blood, or victory, or maybe just wanting a quick day so they can get home for dinner for once, quickly forms a mob and fits a noose around mith's neck.

The lynch however, is delayed while a member of the town tries to untie the opposite end of the rope from a horse's leg. After all, nobody can be lynched if the rope isn't at the correct height.

As the town waits, a member of the town spits on the ground, which angers another member,

"Hey! Spit your chew in that there spitoon!"

Unfortunatly, a drunk heard the words, "Hey yous! Shoot that there balloon!" which, logically, he tried to do, despite that lack of balloons in the area.

The shot spooked the horse before the rope was untied, sending it gallaping off into the sunset, making sure to drag his unwilling passenger through several cactus patches and lots of rocks before he (the passenger) dies.

And the town was sort of happy, but not too happy, with the possibility of two more men in another gang, they didn't want to get very excited. As they turned to go home, they noticed the One in Black getting on his horse, this time with his belongings and guns with him.

"Where are you going? You're not leaving us are you?"

"No, my time here is done. You've rid yourself of the gangs and can now live in harmony. The lack of women here is your problem, not mine."

And so, The One in Black rides off into the sunset, just like all Old West heroes do, but he has no woman by his side, which doesn't bother him, but the lack of women in Black Creek may force the remaining townspeople to leave, gangs or no gangs, but that is another thread entirely.

Mith James-Younger has been lynched. The game is over. Discuss.
"Bah. I knew sleeping with DP would turn out to be a bad idea..." --quercitron, Old West Mafia.
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 9:27 am

Post by JDTAY »

What was Cadmium's role?
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 9:28 am

Post by quercitron »

<---thinks the Town was too powerful
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 9:38 am

Post by RoadBird »

WOOHOO!!! My first win! Ok, I know
SaberKitty's win

Cadmium was deputy-sherriff as I told you.

JDTAY, why doubt my role?
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 9:50 am

Post by Neo »

Cadmium was the Deputy-Sherriff.

As for the town being too powerful, I'd hoped that the potential for the gangs to kill multiple people by chance may help balance it out a little, I suppose I was wrong.
"Bah. I knew sleeping with DP would turn out to be a bad idea..." --quercitron, Old West Mafia.
The Master
The Master
Watcher
The Master
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:06 am

Post by The Master »

Cool, we won!! Free drinks on the house. Now to find a town with women!
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:56 am

Post by mith »

Yeah, the town was *way* too powerful. Too many Doctors, and the Master nabbing baddies, and a huge Mason group, and everyone had a claimable role. I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did, really, it was pretty obvious I was scum. I was actually screwed over by the Daltons being killed off so fast, I might've had a chance if one or both had survived a bit longer. :) Had to try, though. There wasn't actually a chance of me winning. If it had gotten down to three people, the other two would've just gone "oh, I guess there can't be 2 J-Y, mith must've been lying". Oddly, my only chance was that mole actually could kill every night (and even then a lot of crazy things would've had to happen). Just wanted some more mayhem, mostly.

On a side note, what's the general consensus on lynching when a majority is reached? My philosophy has always been to give everyone a chance to check in and make sure they actually want to lynch the poor sap that has the majority (some period of time, if not confirm votes). Just think it prevents people that aren't paying much attention (or who really want that person lynched) from causing an early lynching. I know lots of people do the "lynch as soon as a majority is reached" thing though. Maybe I'll start a poll.
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:12 pm

Post by Neo »

Mole could kill every other night.
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:23 pm

Post by quercitron »

Clarification: the barmaids did not know Bar Regulars or anyone else.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:57 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

(voice from the grave) w00t!
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:27 pm

Post by Corsato »

We won. How surprising. I really thought there were more bad guys around. But we won, so I won't complain ;)
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

I was actually about to claim to be Jesse James (JY godfather) in a crazy attempt to stave off my lynching by going for balance when mith made that same suggestion. And when people started unvoting me, I decided to stay quiet, rather than draw attention. And when I reloaded the page, I didn't notice that a new page had been added which resume the bandwagon against me until after my lynching.

Also, on my last night alive, RE emailed me "any ideas? you were able to switch votes fast enough, but I didn't log on until after the bandwagon was rolling and there was only one vote left. Someone else took it before I could. You're above suspicion, so I'm next." I reminded him that everyone knows rats leave a sinking ship and that I had no guarantee of safety.
Turiya
Turiya
Townie
Turiya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:07 pm

Post by Turiya »

In case anyone's interested I investigated Saberkitty to verify that role.
Then the night I was killed I flipped a coin (between Mith and Mole) and found Mole to be innocent. Not that it helped me.

I'd like to point out that I never claimed a role! I just pointed out that the count was off :P
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:39 am

Post by Neo »

I'll post complete descriptions of roles and such tonight if I have the energy, or sometime this weekend when I have time.
SaberKitty
SaberKitty
Supposed to be? This IS blue.
SaberKitty

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:39 pm

Post by SaberKitty »

did i do it right? when faced with eminent doom, is it best to claim your role-or at least a role(if you are evil or whatever) rather than die by the hand of the town? i realize that it probably took some fun out of the game that i had claimed a role and went undisputed for the rest of the game-it kind of made it difficult to attack me and then explain why, i'd assume.
in a situation like that, when you'll pretty much die unless you claim your role, there are obviously better ways to go about doing it than i did, i just couldn't think of any.
but, on the balance issue, i think the bad guys could have easily won just as easily as the good guys- we were just lucky early on. had zealot actually killed me-he did have a 75% chance of succeeding- the town would have had way more trouble later on- or at least i think so.

-SK(obviously, not that type of girl- and later became roadbird)
[color=blue]Hug a snowman, It's a cold world out there![/color]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”