ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:05 pm

Post by ralphmerridew »

Wacky: Could you please remove that link or make it shorter somehow? (If nothing else, go to [POSSIBLEtinyurlSPAM].com or makeashorterlink.com ) It's screwing up the rest of the page.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:18 pm

Post by Wacky »

Link to Robbie Williams DVD?? I don't know why I posted that there...

Anyway, CB: don't you have a whole stack of analysis from this game? I would very much like to hear, well, more.

Anyway, I'd have to agree with shadyforce. I totally lost hope after CB said Werebear was in.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:42 pm

Post by God »

Damned town lynching an old man while there was a pirate among us.
I was sure i would survive this game too...
"Still looking for one, heh" Dragon Phoenix, inside the 2nd DP9 Modprod.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:19 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Original Game Summary -- Mafia Win!

Living:

Totem - Mafia

DEAD:
MeMe (Half-Crazed Vigilante) - killed Night One by the Mafia
MatthewV (Mafia Godfather) - lynched Day One by the town
alixiao (Average Texan) - killed Night Two by the Mafia
mathcam (Gunshop Owner) - lynched Day Two by the town
Henchman (Doctor) - killed Night Three by the Mafia
JereIC (Mafia) - lynched Day Three by the town
Dirge (Pacifist Recruiter) - died Night Four of a drug overdose
CRiX/Corsato (Pacifist Pirate) - lynched Day Four by the town
Go2SleepRightNow (Militia Nut) - killed Night Five by the Mafia
Mickey (Moral Vigilante) - killed Night Five by machine-gun
PolarBoy (Near-Sighted Old Man) - killed in the endgame

Sorry it's taken me so long to put this up -- Thanks go out to mathcam for re-sending me my summary of the original.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:25 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Highlights from the Original:

Night One: Half-Crazed Vigilante (MeMe) is killed – no SK this game. The Pacifist Recruiter (Dirge) fails to recruit the Militia Nut (Go2SleepRightNow). The Gunshop Owner (mathcam) learns that the Mafia Godfather (MattV) owns a gun.
Day One: mathcam successfully leads a lynch against MattV during the Day, after MattV inexplicably claims a non-gun-owning role (the Godfather is specifically told he owns a gun).

Night Two: Average Texan (alixiao) killed by Mafia. Dirge attempts to recruit a Mafia Thug (JereIC). JereIC seriously considers the offer simply for the novelty value, but declines. Mathcam discovers that the Pirate (Corsato) owns a gun.
Day Two: Mathcam embarks on a plan to force all players to reveal their gun/non-gun status. Unsurprisingly, this is met with stiff resistance from the Pacifist Recruiter (Dirge). A great debate ensues, the Doctor (Henchman) reveals he doesn’t have a gun, and eventually the town lynches mathcam. This was a weird Day.

Night Three: Craziness. The Moral Vigilante (Mickey) attempts to kill Dirge, but Henchman protects Dirge, and the kill fails. Henchman does not have time to bask in his good deed, however, as the Mafia correctly assume he is the Doctor, and kill him. Dirge successfully recruits the Pirate (Corsato), who jumps at the chance to have someone who will back up his ridiculous role.
Day Three: Town hits gold and lynches JereIC, mafia scum, leaving only one scum left. Corsato’s replacement, CRiX, puts the lynching vote on JereIC. He forgets to apologize in the thread, so I reminded him that the lynch vulnerability would take effect unless he did so the next morning.

Night Four: Totem, the last remaining Mafia, asks if he can make a non-gun related kill. Although I hadn’t accounted for this in the scheme, I like it when players show initiative, and I had considered this game to be heavily town favored, what with all the vigilantes, so I allow it. Dirge, the Pacifist Recruiter, dies of a drug overdose under suspicious circumstances. In a great twist of irony, Dirge attempts to recruit Totem to the Pacifist Movement, which unsurprisingly fails.
Day Four: CRiX posts a long, tearful lament over the death of JereIC, known mafia scum. Suspicion falls on him, but he seems very confident of avoiding a lynch until he re-checks the role PM and realizes that he is a Pirate. Of course, no one believes him, and he is lynched, leading the town to wonder: “What the hell is a PIRATE doing in Texas?” NOTE: Totem dodges a bullet this Day, claiming to be a “Texas Hunter” who can either drink beer and avoid night kills, or drive around in his pickup and possibly run over other players. However, he states that he can’t do the same thing for two consecutive nights. Mathcam notes that this would mean that he only makes one choice the entire game, and thus the role is bogus. However, mathcam is dead, and the town buys it.

Night Five: Totem kills the Milita Nut (Go2Sleep). Go2Sleep kills Mickey, but inexplicably doesn’t use his other kill*, which would’ve greatly improved his chances for winning. This leaves Totem and the Near-Sighted Old Man (PolarBoy) as the only living members, resulting in a Mafia win.

I made two slight changes in the setup of the original.
1) The Militia Nut could originally use both of his kills in one Night. This, I think, made him far too powerful.
2) The Pirate could originally send an anonymous message to one player each night via parrot. The original Pirate never used this ability, and although I originally thought it would be nice to maybe give the guy a chance at being believed, I realized it was much funnier to watch the Pirate try to explain his role.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:40 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Answers to the Discussion Questions I sent out:
1) Will the Gunshop Owner vs. Pacifist Recruiter debate come out again? I was lucky enough to have two very strong players in these roles, and the outcome was pure hilarity.

- Well, this didn't happen, as Demeech claimed to be a guilty/innocent cop the whole time. I assume this was so he could force roleclaims before revealing his results.

2) Will a Mafia member claim Cop? This could easily win the game for them.

- In one of the best moves of the game, IMO, Stewie claimed to be a cop that could follow a player and see his Night choice. He used this to get Demeech lynched. I thought this was a great play on Stewie's part, as Demeech had investigated mlaker on the Night mlaker was killed. That way, even when Demeech turned up innocent, it wouldn't conflict with Stewie's role-claim. However, bloojay vig-killed him anyway, seemingly at random. If Wacky had been the one to make this cop claim, things would've turned out very differently.

3) What’s going to happen with the Pacifist Movement? Dirge very neatly dodged the Pacifist Conditions by claiming to be a “Hippie,” which let people know almost exactly what his role was without making him susceptible to a lynch.

- The Pacifist Movement was larger in this game. Dirge only recruited one other player before his mysterious death. However, Dirge made his information public at one point, and was very instrumental in getting JereIC lynched. Tehgood, on the other hand, never acted on his results. A lot more Conduct violations happened this game too -- in the first game, the only violation came when CRiX was (unsuccessfully) trying to defend himself from getting lynched.

4) Is the town going to be trigger-happy? The original vigilantes were very conservative, with only two vigilante kills attempted (one of which was blocked).

- bloojay was trigger-happy. No other vigilantes attempted kills.

5) Will the Mafia try to get a non-gun-kill? I decided to allow them one last game, and I will stick to that policy this game. However, they are going to have to be creative enough to suggest it themselves.

- As already seen, this was not a factor.

6) Will the town figure out just how many roles have guns? I got a PM from genku (Average Texan) asking “Does every normal townie have the ability to kill?” (I responded with “Who ever said you were a normal townie?”)

- Again, not much discussion on this subject, possibly because of Demeech's bluff.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:27 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

As an interesting sidenote, Wacky pointed out to me that CRiX ran a Texas Mafia game on mtgnews. I was worried about game corruption, since I know some players are from those boards, and CRiX did play in the original game. However, I checked it out, and the setup was much different -- although there were Pacifists and lots of gun-toting roles, it was a much larger game, there were a lot of plain townies, there were normal cops, and there was no pirate. But for a second there, I was worried that people had seen my setup (or something very similar) on a different site, thus making the game totally worthless. But thanks to Wacky for letting me know.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:36 am

Post by mathcam »

Day Two: Mathcam embarks on a plan to force all players to reveal their gun/non-gun status. Unsurprisingly, this is met with stiff resistance from the Pacifist Recruiter (Dirge). A great debate ensues, the Doctor (Henchman) reveals he doesn’t have a gun, and eventually the town lynches mathcam. This was a weird Day.
Heh.

I probably just missed it last time, but I didn't catch the thing about requesting a non-gun kill in the original game. That's pretty awesome.

I too would like to hear from bloojay and/or Demeech.

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:11 am

Post by Werebear »

NO PIRATE?! What the hell kind of a Texas Mafia game would it be without a PIRATE?!
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:47 am

Post by PolarBoy »

The non-gun kill was why I thought CRiX was mafia. He claimed to have joined the pacifists, so I thought maybe the Cap'n had a mechanic in which mafia members could become pacifists and then made all the deaths look like an accident from then on.

I was really annoyed with myself after that. Because my gut instinct had been Totem and I had only gone after CRiX for lurking and questionable claiming.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:56 am

Post by mathcam »

....but he had some pretty amusing posts....

Cam
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:22 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

I think this one deserves re-posting. CRiX forgot to do the appropriate Pacifist apology while casting the lynching vote for JereIC. I told him I wouldn't hit him with the conditions if he posted a good apology immediately the next Day. This is what he came up with:
CRiX wrote:*sigh* Why must we kill, why must we spend every day of our lives seeking out those who would harm us and in turn harm them. Yesterday I casted the lynching vote, and although JereIC may have been scum it does not matter, he was a human being and I was what caused his life to end. For this reason I would like to take a few moments of silence to pray for the deceased thus far in our existence. JereIC, you will be missed, though you were scum. I wish it did not have to come to this. If only we could solve our problems some other way :cry:

*let's a single tear fall*

If only we didn't have to kill :cry:
Waaay too funny.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:24 am

Post by mathcam »

You saved it? Awesome! That's quite possibly my favorite in-game post of all time on this site.

Cam
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:02 pm

Post by God »

I sure hope CRiX comes back so i can lynch him for being such a wuss. :D
"Still looking for one, heh" Dragon Phoenix, inside the 2nd DP9 Modprod.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:11 pm

Post by Wacky »

Seeing how he got himself mod-killed in Phyrexian Mafia (more specifically, Highroller spilled coke on him), I don't think he's coming back.

Darn pirates.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:17 pm

Post by Werebear »

Avast, Wacky, ye scurvy scum! Took it up the ol' poop deck, did we? HAR HAR HAR!!!
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:33 am

Post by Stewie »

Wacky wrote:Darn pirates.
Darn militia nuts. :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”