Newbie 521: Game over, SCUM WINS!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Godot
Godot
Townie
Godot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Godot »

Congratulations Thok.

Sierra, I was %100 certain you were the doctor for two reasons, your talk about role claiming in the beginning of the game, it made me think either you were roleblocker or doctor (as I was cop). But then during a reread in the night phase I had found your claim, if I wasn't night killed I would've saved you and cleared Xtomx of his name because I would have most likely claimed and aimed to end it that day.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Godot wrote:Congratulations Thok.

Sierra, I was %100 certain you were the doctor for two reasons, your talk about role claiming in the beginning of the game, it made me think either you were roleblocker or doctor (as I was cop). But then during a reread in the night phase I had found your claim, if I wasn't night killed I would've saved you and cleared Xtomx of his name because I would have most likely claimed and aimed to end it that day.
Heh..I figured you would have checked me. Thok really needed to hit the cop night one or he was screwed. But he said he was pretty confident about it.
Twister
Twister
Townie
Twister
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Twister »

Good finish Thok.

Xtoxm, you asked who I everyone would have voted for D3. If I had been town I would have voted Thok. All of your arguements seemed dead-on, and... Sierra even brought back up the issue about me following Thok around at the beginning.

In my opinion this was a dangerous thing for Thok to have pointed out. I thought this was going to be a dead give away. First of all though, I hadn't followed Thok around on purpose. When he pointed it out I hadn't even realized I was doing it by that point. I was simply pointing blame where I found it most suspicious. When he said it I took it as 'hey, watch yourself. you don't want people grouping the two of us together' so I tried to avoid the issue rather than make a big deal about it. Besides the two of us being scum partners why would I follow his move?

For this reason I thought it was a bad idea for him to stick with me the entire D1. I didn't think it was a very strong reason for being CERTAIN someone was scum, unless you were CERTAIN because you were scum as well.

I also think I could have talked myself out of being lynched D1, if it wasn't for Thok. Franzie and Xtoxm were absolutely positive I was town. Most of D1 I felt Godot thought I was fairly town as well, but hammered at the end because he felt the pressure was on him to make a decision about me and end D1. He wouldn't have had to make that decision if Kison and Sierra were the only two suspicious of me.

Kison was the only person I felt endangered from. I had attacked him and he had refuted my attacks well, while pointing out my flaws. I would have wanted him dead night 1, even if it had made me look more suspicious.

Xtoxm I was trying to set up D1. I actually really hoped he would be lynched D1 so I could look even more townie by not jumping aboard the bandwagon. I also knew I would have to make some townie friends in case I was lynched. I was hoping it would be Godot and Xtoxm, but I was glad to see Franzie jumped on board too, haha.

I was surprised to see that Thok being suspicious of me FIRST (for what I thought was a weak arguement) cleared his name completely D2. I thought his certainty over a weak issue (actually 2 I guess... the following him thing and the miscounted vote) would show he had more information than the average joe.

Anyway, that's my take on the game. Good game guys.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:01 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Very interesting, Twister...Thanks for responding :)
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:18 am

Post by Sierra »

That common tells page Thok mentioned is pretty useful. I'll definitely be using that when I play my next game here.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:18 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Xtoxm lynched, mafia wins. Good game all.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

List Mod: How do people feel about the Pie E7 setup, now that the game's over? I'm curious about the balance issue, especially since Mafia won here even though TSQ used the "RB must choose one action or the other" role PM.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I thought it was good. I like it. I also like dthe way TSQ handled that - I think that the mafia RB should have to choose which action if his goon dies.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think...and correct me if this is wrong...That a scum with 2 in a 7 player setup will almost always be in the advantage. The town margin for error is just that much lower, and the town is much more prone to errors.

From a flavor standpoint, RBs should have to choose one or the other once they have lost their partner...But balance may not make it so. I would note that one scum win does not a trend make.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Twister
Twister
Townie
Twister
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Twister »

I did not like that you knew for sure that 1 of each power role existed because of what Sierra pointed out in Post 24. - If the RB is lynched d1 and the cop and doc live through the night, the town is mathematically guaranteed a win if the cop and doc role claim.

I think the game is more interesting if you don't know which power roles exist.

I am fine with the RB can only choose to RB or lynch during the night issue.
Twister
Twister
Townie
Twister
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Twister »

Actually, now that I think about it some more... In Post 24 Sierra said that his strategy would only work if the RB was lynched D1. That's not true. Even if you only get the goon, if both the doc and cop live through the night town wins if they both role claim. I dislike this setup even more, haha.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh it's a reward for doing well day one...Nearly happend here...Lol
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”