Mini 973: "Bawhston" Brawl (WHAT A WIN!)

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:24 am

Post by q21 »

I don't get a particularly townie vibe from Slepz, but I was, and still am, very uncomfortable with the way Nikanor was pushing that wagon. Not once did he give a valid reason we should be lynching Slepz, but rather tried to get him lynched because of lurking.

Some examples.
Nikanor wrote:Three more votes on Slepzlurkerscum.
Gwynplaine, would you be opposed to changing your vote over to Slepz today?
fitz, how about this: I'll answer your question when you vote Slepz. Sound fair?
This says that Slepz is a lurker and therefore scum. The request to Gwyn is reasonable, but the proposition made to fitz is not. Its scummy.
Nikanor wrote:Slepz is lurking. So he needs to die. End of story.
Vote Slepz for Mafioso 2010.
Slepz must die, simply because he is a lurker?
Nikanor wrote:
The man with the buttons wrote:You are aware he's V/LA right?
No, I actually wasn't.

DIE SLEPZ DIE ANYWAY. The May long weekend ended on Monday. Why aren't you back yet?
Even when a possible explanation is put forward for Slepz lack of post... he has to die because he's a lurker. And lets not forget the bargain he tried to make with JS. Pushing as hard and insistently as this for a lynch makes sense when you have a genuinely good case for their lynch. Nikanor, unless he cares to explain in retrospect, has no such case, just a burning desire to lynch Slepz. Its very scummy.

I'm still suspicious of TBM for exactly the same reasons I spent a large portion of yesterday voting for him. I can very easily see Nik and TBM as scum together based on how easily Nikanor "reads" TBM as town based only on 2 iso posts, ignoring the scumminess that come thereafter. I am fairly confident in a Nik/TBM as scumbuddies.

Since one page is much much too early in the day for L-1 on TBM today.

Vote Nikanor
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Nikanor »

Aw, I got voted by q21. How cute. :(
q21 wrote:And lets not forget the bargain he tried to make with JS.
No, I won't forget. I'm going to remember that as the most ridiculous way to catch scum ever.

q21: I have a burning desire to lynch Slepz because I like lynching lurkers. There's no way to get a read off them other than by lynching them. And if we show scum that lurking isn't safe on day one, then maybe they'll actually be active for a change, unlike every other game which seems to have the scum lurking to victory.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Furry »

@q21 - Which on Nik-TBM is a better lynch
Temporary unretired alt
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:37 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Furry wrote:Scum first get a chance to manipulate kill location. Secondly, scum know what PRs they should use. If they have a RBer, they know if they should block the vig or not. If they have a doctor, they know who to target, the more information scum have the better they can counter.
Okay, I get what you're saying now. I was in a Large game recently (with Jacob, no less - and I think Nik) that put the SK on a leash, so I thought that was kind of common and/or a good idea.
Furry wrote:Well... SK claiming vig is suicide outside of game being almost immediately winnable. Also claiming RBed stops them from killing (due to multi-kill rule). This takes away the only thing SK has going for them.
I suppose you're right.
Furry wrote:Why would scum-hoopla kill the player that looked like they were going to be lynched?
Vig is a very strong role for town (regardless if Jacob was one or not), and there was discussion starting about Jacob shooting Hoopla. Then Hoopla "hammers" That's not suspicious at all?
Furry wrote:
I was considering all options. If Jacob was SK (which he was) or vig, he could act as a roleblock absorber/scum shooter/what have you. Then you and Hoopla convinced me that
Jacob should still be lynched because there was no way to prove him
, so I decided to throw those ideas away.
Ok that is my problem, the bolded. You made your choice on him being proveable, thats what doesnt make sense.
I thought there was a way to prove him, yes. Then you and Hoopla came in and said this is impossible/improbable. I saw that you guys were right and decided to hammer. There was also a case that we were delaying the inevitable, iirc - that affected my change of heart as well.

---

q21 makes a solid case on Nik, however I'd like to add that his Nik/TBM theory would only apply if TBM is scum, no? If Nik is scum, then it doesn't show much off of TBM, I don't think.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Furry »

@nik - Can you point me to a town game or two of yours?

unvote

like initial response... back to deciding between a few others
Temporary unretired alt
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:50 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Bad Furry!

Never let people cherry pick their games for meta;

Do your own leg work; much better results that way.

Longer post this evening bit of a time constraint atm.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Nikanor »

Furry: Take a look at the wiki.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:54 am

Post by q21 »

Furry wrote:@q21 - Which on Nik-TBM is a better lynch
At this point neither is specifically better or worse than the other. Both are scummy to me. I'll make my choice which I think is a better lynch based on how the day unfolds.
Nikanor wrote:Aw, I got voted by q21. How cute. :(
q21 wrote:And lets not forget the bargain he tried to make with JS.
No, I won't forget. I'm going to remember that as the most ridiculous way to catch scum ever.

q21: I have a burning desire to lynch Slepz because I like lynching lurkers. There's no way to get a read off them other than by lynching them. And if we show scum that lurking isn't safe on day one, then maybe they'll actually be active for a change, unlike every other game which seems to have the scum lurking to victory.
Is dsister a lurker? (because I feel its a little early in his participation to to make that judgement.) If not, why are you voting him? And I'm not going to repeat yesterdays statements about policy lynches, which is what you seem to be suggesting for lurkers.
InflatablePie wrote:q21 makes a solid case on Nik, however I'd like to add that his Nik/TBM theory would only apply if TBM is scum, no? If Nik is scum, then it doesn't show much off of TBM, I don't think.
I don't see a point in worrying about such a dilemma when both players happen to look scummy on their own. They are two players I feel are scummy individually and who I can spot something of a link between - hence I believe that they're scumbuddies.

On a completely separate note... I was reading through the site pretty much at random. From the Best Role Ideas thread.
Hoopla wrote:
Proactive Paranoid Gun Owner

At night you're a nervous, shaking wreck. You hate the dark, the unknown lurking out there in the shadows. Fueled by paranoia, and liberal gun laws, you wait anxiously to defend yourself from unwanted visitors. Although a small amount of paranoia can be healthy, you realize in the safety of daylight the potential consequences of your destructive, indiscriminate ways and feel morally obliged to fix them.

During the day you may dispose your bullets to effectively disarm yourself. Once disarmed, any person who visits you at night will not be killed by you.

~~

I personally love PGO's, but they can be awfully swingy and difficult to play. Having the option of disarming can prevent a Day 1 claim, and also gives options to the player on which way they want to use the role. Having the option to re-arm later in the game could also be a possible variant.
It may be nothing, but the PGO claim she made at the beginning of this game seems a little skewed when viewed in light of the fact that this is the first normal game she's started alone (there was a large normal she played as a hydra) since making this post.

Thoughts?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Furry »

TheButtonmen wrote:Never let people cherry pick their games for meta.
It actually is very useful to let someone pick their own games.
Temporary unretired alt
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:56 am

Post by q21 »

EBWOP - First closed setup normal game she's started.

Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Furry »

q21 wrote:
Furry wrote:@q21 - Which on Nik-TBM is a better lynch
At this point neither is specifically better or worse than the other. Both are scummy to me. I'll make my choice which I think is a better lynch based on how the day unfolds.
What about right now?
Temporary unretired alt
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Hoopla »

Furry wrote: *Side note to Hoopla, if you are non-PGO town (ive seen a town PR fakeclaim PGO before), can you claim it please, this can be very useful.
THANKS FOR THE SIDE-NOTE. I SCOFF AT YOUR SUGGESTION I'M FAKE CLAIMING, JUST AS I SCOFF AT YOUR INCREASINGLY BITTER DISPOSITION.

Q21:
I was more scared that someone was going to reference my Mini Normal game this year, where I fakeclaimed MILLER on Day 1 as scum. Fortunately that never came up for me though.

Unvote, vote: q21
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:59 am

Post by q21 »

Furry - Right now I don't particularly want there to be any lynch. One and bit pages is too short for a Day. If there was a gun to my head and I had to pick one, though... it would have to be Nik as he's the current object of my attentions.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:00 am

Post by q21 »

Hoopla, voting me because why?

Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Furry »

Hoopla wrote:
Furry wrote: *Side note to Hoopla, if you are non-PGO town (ive seen a town PR fakeclaim PGO before), can you claim it please, this can be very useful.
THANKS FOR THE SIDE-NOTE. I SCOFF AT YOUR SUGGESTION I'M FAKE CLAIMING, JUST AS I SCOFF AT YOUR INCREASINGLY BITTER DISPOSITION.
Well I have seen a doctor claim PGO in order to not be NKed. Also when I start having a hard time getting reads I get bitter.

For Hoopla fakeclaiming, the biggest thing against that is presence of a SK. That is what is causing me to hesitate on her alignment a bit, since it creates a paradox of "SK targets PGO".
Temporary unretired alt
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Hoopla »

I feel really bitter. You ever have those seething moments of rage and envy and despair that totally consumes you? I never usually have anything other than a smile on my face, but I have been grinding my teeth and clenching my fists for the last half hour. I don't think it bodes well for mafia at all, when the only way to improve your chances at WINNING is to not be lynched, and I get lynched all the time

cvqrcvnlrw;nv
w
vr\vm

which really pisses me off, because i have so many good thoughts, but i am very difficult to trust. i guess there will be a question why i'm posting now, and i don't know, but i have loose theories revolving around the grandiose idea of separating from the left hemisphere a little more, but i know i'm not really paying attention now

um

unvote, vote: thebuttonmen
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Hoopla »

i want to punch a cat.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Nikanor »

Last (and only) post by dsister wrote:(I'll post more tonight, granted the site doesn't stop working again...)
Time wrote:Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:54 pm
Yes, I consider dsister a lurker.
Furry: If you'd like, take a look at all my town games. The only thing that is really consistent is that I lurk as scum more than I lurk as town. That's part of why I like lynching lurkers so much.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Hoopla »

i have very strong suspicions the three scum lie in this small pool of players; gwynplaine, dsister, thebuttonmen, havingfitz, inflatablepie

I REALLY WANNA LYNCH SOMEONE.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:18 am

Post by q21 »

I feel like I've hit a nerve, but I'm not sure if its a scum nerve of a personal one. The flip onto, then off of me is a possible reaction to exposing a fakeclaim.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Hoopla »

i think i can hear a whale talking to me.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Nikanor »

If someone puts TBM at L-1 I'll hammer. :D
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Furry »

I would be ok with a TBM lynch, would prefer a little more time to mull over a few other things first though. Also no one hammers before a claim regardless.
Temporary unretired alt
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Hoopla »

hmmm.

unvote, vote: inflatablepie
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:27 am

Post by InflatablePie »

*raises eyebrows at Hoopla*

Well, this is certainly a change of attitude (understatement?)...
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”