New Designer Mafia (Victor(s) are crowned)

danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:24 am

Post by danakillsu »

That's very interesting. I'd more or less been assume the mechanic was changed to PM.
Interesting, you say. Is that interesting as in you were wrong about me being suspicious for casting doubt on the detonator idea? Or is it just interesting as in you now think Olinea or I has to be the detonator?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

@Tasky. Why are you still hankering on my old ideas? Olinea may have something to do with something, but he might be what he says he is. Its really uncanny that somehow that the three roles he submitted are suddenly thrust into the limelight and lovering people to blow up.

Im still choosing to not ignore the fact that Chesskid exploded. So yes, I think its peculiar that the explosion was done when it was done. Im starting to believe that Dana was deliberately trying to setup Olinea.

The fact that we are all focused on these roles and started the whole damn list has poisoned basic scumhunting anyways. It will take several pages to gather enough material to pinpoint additional scum the normal way now. So in the meantime, im going to hunt for the detonator Day 1 and hopefully assess the rest of the scum starting Day 2.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:56 am

Post by ender241 »

Would it be intelligent for someone (whoever it is) to claim the matchmaker? The person should not worry as that person (i think?) is useless without the lovers so should say who they are now.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:50 am

Post by brokenscraps »

UNVOTE: Olinea
zoraster wrote:I didn't realize we were claiming at L-7 now.
zoraster wrote:VOTE: Olinea

Detonated and was obviously super itchy to give his fake claim at L-7.

Xalxe is scum number 2. If Olinea is somehow town, Xalxe was distancing himself from a bad lynch. If Olinea is scum, he's protecting. I don't see a town reason to act as Xalxe is right now.
Why did you wait to vote?

Furcolow refusing to vote could be scum not wanting to help in anyway to clear a townie but that doesn't seem too likely. Scum would usually just give into a request from town or would go with what their scumbuddy says straight away so based on that I'd pin Furcolow as town. Eventually giving into the requests is null.

Wagon on IS is weak, a combination of him being on the Olinea wagon (doesn't differentiate him from a bunch of others) and his playstyle (aggressive, acts very confidant on reads) which is null.

I personally think that IS has set his predator mind on the wrong track, but he can do this as town, especially day 1 when he hasn't had time to hunt properly. I don't see how it's scummy.
populartajo wrote:there is definitely one scum in the Olinea wagon, very likely supporting the "omg he is the detonator herp derp" theory.

Vote: InternetStranger.

A vig should kill Furcolow.
So you vote someone who wasn't at that stage on the Olinea wagon? Why does Furc need to be killed?

@danuskillu:Please please please please don't reply inside someone else's quote, it is a pain to read and even more of a pain to quote and respond to.

Tasky's gambit on Olinea is a mess.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:51 am

Post by zoraster »

@Ender

I don't mind that someone wants to use my youtube posts against me. In a way, that's exactly why I'm posting it. If you aren't able to use the youtube posts against me then the reverse is that it's hard to use it to confirm me as town.

But I think talking about my ums and errs is really just lazy. If I were scum, I'd be unlikely to have a youtube video that is entirely tainted with my scuminess because I'm probably not always lying. A better way to do it is to point out key areas where I DID say uhm or err and why that was different and why that made me nervous.

For example, if I were trying to find something scummy in my video post, I might go to 1:18 in the video where I'm talking about Olinea and I say, "seems scummy to me" but as I say it I quickly look down and up and trail off.
brokenscraps wrote:Why did you wait to vote?
Fair question. I was on my phone at the time of the first post and I make it a habit of never voting or posting much from there because I often end up more scatterbrained than normal and it's harder to look at the big picture.

IS is town, guys. I think anyone on that wagon is either (a) trying to look townie by taking an easy wagon or (b) thinks that being wrong about something and being scum is the same thing.

Anyway, I think it's time to do a closer read of dana...
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:59 am

Post by DeathNote »

zoraster wrote:
IS is town, guys. I think anyone on that wagon is either (a) trying to look townie by taking an easy wagon or (b) thinks that being wrong about something and being scum is the same thing.
^This
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Fishythefish »

danakillsu wrote:
That's very interesting. I'd more or less been assume the mechanic was changed to PM.
Interesting, you say. Is that interesting as in you were wrong about me being suspicious for casting doubt on the detonator idea? Or is it just interesting as in you now think Olinea or I has to be the detonator?
Interesting as in I was wrong about you being suspicious for casting doubt on the detonator idea. I'm currently considering a series of very unlikely possibilities, and two unrelated daykilling explodey roles is right up there.
Furc wrote:You're assuming way too much here. It is very possible Olinea knows what is happening, and when tajo flips scum, the noose will be around Olinea next if I have any say about it. Catching up, even not as a replacement, it was very, very, scummy when seeing Olinea react to Cooldog right before his death. We can't be sure he isn't the detonator whatsoever. His partner could have used the ability he had on me to make me not able to vote him. It's not confirmed Olinea did that whatsoever; it's all WIFOM. I don't see why you're so easy to dismiss this, considering Olinea's "mafia matchmakers" claim and the death of people I feel were loverized by him. The pieces all fit for me, and I'm beginning to feel like the boy who cried wolf. I'm glad you're questioning him, though, in your next post. The thing that makes me wonder, though, is why were you so up in arms about my suspicion when you, in fact, have questions to him yourself? feels fishy, fish.
Problem is, to explain your lack of vote on Oli you need Oli scum, with someone on Oli's team having a vote that stops Player X voting for Player Y. You need tajo on that scumteam, as well as whoever submitted the role (or it would get counterclaimed) and whoever has it. You need tajo to be prepared to back Oli up to the extend that if Oli flips non-Yosarianite, tajo is an instant lynch. That isn't remotely credible - and applies equally to OliDetonator and OliMatchmaker scenarios.

You keep saying that Oli might be the detonator, for obvious reasons, and that he might be matchmaker (though I've no idea why). But you need to explain the fact that you can't vote Oli, and there really isn't a credible explanation for that.

I disagree with zoraster and DN about IS. I think the ways he's pushing finding the detonator to the exclusion of all else looks like an easy way to avoid actually scumhunting, which is a nice easy position for scum.

@Tasky: about your extra role related information on Oli - without fullclaiming, can you say roughly how good it is? If you have information that dramatically raises the likelihood of Oliscum above average, we'd be mad to lynch elsewhere.

I agree with your assessment of Oli's reaction.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:31 am

Post by ender241 »

I really have no idea who is scum at the moment with Demon off the hook, anyone got any thoughts they would like to share?
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Olinea »

Fishythefish wrote:That's very interesting. I'd more or less been assume the mechanic was changed to PM.

@Olinea: did you specify that the player must type "detonate", in bold, in the thread, to set off the bomb? Please check the exact wording of your role submission (but don't quote it here).
I specified that, yes.
Furcolow wrote:
Olinea wrote:
DeathNote wrote:Is it scummy for me to not watch the videos?
It's scummy of you to dodge my earlier question directed towards you.

It's anti-town to keep yourself uninformed.
We're not all blessed with the information
you
have, Olinea
You CAN be, if you watch zoraster's video, which is the information in question.
DeathNote wrote:
Olinea wrote:
How do you know the people pushing my lynch were Town, and not scum looking for an easy wagon?

Olinea (5) - Tasky, WhenInRome, brokenscraps, Internet Stranger, Zajnet

Those were the people voting you at the time of my post. You were a big topic of discussion at the time which prompted me to give my post. Out of the people talking about you and those voting for you, not all could be scum. There is just no way.
Alright, fair enough. I hadn't realized the wagon was that small at the time.
Tasky wrote:But, Olinea is scum anyway. To see why, go back to my post 188. I clearly state in that post that I have "a REALLY GOOD REASON to believe he is scum". (after the post 147/post 149 exchange) Now, that is not just some accusation that comes from nothing, but it's clear it has to do with some extra-information I possess. Now, as seen by post 191 Olinea has clearly seen my post. Yet he choose to ignore me. I think this is conclusive evidence that he is scum. why?
what does a townie do if someone accuses them stating to have some really strong reason which goes beyond basic scumhunting? they would know that information is wrong, and would wonder why. The very first thing a townie would do is to vote me. Taking this to an extreme, wouldn't you vote a cop who declared a guilty on you?
Would you rather I asked where you got the information so you could interpret that as a rolefish?

Your reason is not strong at ALL. You said you have reason to believe I am scum. Where is the strength in that? Where is the persuasion in it? If your information is based on an infallible PR which functioned at the beginning of the game, or during the day, then I'd take a look at it. But simply saying
Tasky wrote:PS: People, can we PLEASE lynch Olinea? I have a REALLY GOOD REASON to believe he is scum (which is completely unrelated to the Detonator stuff.)
Is not strong reasoning, and appears to be more of a gambit than anything else.

@ender: The “uh” and “um”s are just a result of not working off of a script, and reacting off the top of your head. I don’t think that’s indicative of lying.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:19 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Furcolow wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Furcolow wrote:No, after reading the game, I was convinced OLINEA was scum. When scum tell you to vote them, in your mind, you are hesitant to play into their hand as town.
How would voting him being anti-town? If your vote didn't show up in the count, he'd be role-confirmed. If it did, he'd have fakeclaimed and most likely be the lynch for the day.
I'm not following your train of thought here. I felt like I was just setting it up for his wagon to easily be disbanded, when I feel he has been the scummiest player in the game. Do you not see how me helping him would conflict with what I felt I needed to do, lynching the scummiest player? Because, if you don't, I'm all ears.
Now
I'M
not following
YOUR
train of thought. Why would you disband a wagon on a player you think is scummy?

If your read on Olinea is different from mine, fine, but remember that role is not indicative of alignment,
ESPECIALLY
not here. We eventually proved he was telling the truth, but the test failing would have confirmed him as fakeclaiming scum, which would have meant your read was right. It may still be.
Furcolow wrote:
Olinea wrote:
DeathNote wrote:Is it scummy for me to not watch the videos?
It's scummy of you to dodge my earlier question directed towards you.

It's anti-town to keep yourself uninformed.
We're not all blessed with the information
you
have, Olinea
I interpreted Olinea's statement here as common sense, not information he got out of the blue.
ender241 wrote:I really have no idea who is scum at the moment with Demon off the hook, anyone got any thoughts they would like to share?
populartajo's self-contradiction? Your lame excuse for a zoraster case?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Tasky, if you want to share and try and convince us why you think Olinea is scum, please by all means do so.

Also, I'd like to hear other opinions of my post 274, as I still feel that Furc is pretty scummy, more so by his recent mediocre explanations that myself and SC pointed out.

I'm curious though why zora has made such a big deal about possible scumtells in the video, seems too WIFOM for my liking.

ender: Furc is scum.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by zoraster »

Mod: Can we a vote count, a prod on Sevei, and if you think it's time, a replacement for ribwich and Thingyman?

[quote="Nocmen]I'm curious though why zora has made such a big deal about possible scumtells in the video, seems too WIFOM for my liking.[/quote]

Mostly an academic interest in the subject. I'm not trying to WIFOM (I just verbed that noun, y'all), just trying to get people talking about the videos in a productive way if they're going to. Anyway, telling me not to say uhm and err is not going to happen. Although I'm reasonably talented at public speaking, I definitely will not be perfectly polished in an unscripted segment. But mostly I'm curious about it myself, and I watched that video a few times over thinking to myself, "if i were a third party, what would be scummy? what town?" I guess I had to share it :)
I disagree with zoraster and DN about IS. I think the ways he's pushing finding the detonator to the exclusion of all else looks like an easy way to avoid actually scumhunting, which is a nice easy position for scum.
I don't think so. We've got time (over two weeks), and finding the detonator is probably a town positive thing, though I'm pretty convinced at this point the detonator was changed to PMing. I doubt IS-scum would search in this manner, but those with experience with him are welcome to tell me otherwise.
Fashion Llama
Fashion Llama
Townie
Fashion Llama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by Fashion Llama »

Vote Count

populartajo (4) - WhenInRome, StrangerCoug, Furcolow, DemonHybrid
Olinea (3) - Tasky, brokenscraps, Zajnet
Furcolow (3) - Nocmen, Xalxe, populartajo
Xalxe (2) - DeathNote, zoraster
Internet Stranger (2) - danakillsu, Fishythefish
WhenInRome (1) - Sevei
danakillsu (1) - Internet Stranger
zoraster (1) - ender241

Not Voting (4) - ribwich, Thingyman, Olinea, Plum

With 21 alive its 11 to lynch

~Sevei prodded
~ribwich and Thingyman are being replaced
*grumble grumble im only one modding*
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Zajnet »

zoraster wrote:I'm pretty convinced at this point the detonator was changed to PMing
I think that the mods explicitly said that that can't happen.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by zoraster »

Zajnet wrote:
zoraster wrote:I'm pretty convinced at this point the detonator was changed to PMing
I think that the mods explicitly said that that can't happen.
Where?
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Zajnet »

Fishythefish wrote:
@mod: Is it possible that some roles were altered in their mechanics? Purely hypothetically, could an action triggered by bolding in the thread have been switched to triggering by PM, or vice-versa?

~There were no altered mechanics. Only alterations were asthetic.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by zoraster »

ah. they responded in the message.

Fair enough.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by zoraster »

Okay. So my only hesitation I have with the detonator theory, which (at least from my perspective) would essentially leave dana as the prime suspect, is that it says each night the detonator can pass the bomb to someone else. As this was a day start (with no night 0 to my knowledge), the detonator wouldn't have had a chance to do that yet.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by Olinea »

I don't know why I haven't asked this earlier, but

Did anyone send in a role that functions as a Daykill when you PM it to the Mod?
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Hey Olinea, what exactly are you expecting to happen with that question?

Yea, whoever daykilled Chesskid, please confess so that we can lynch you. Even if you just sent in the role,you'll be suspicious enough top lynch anyways. I know that you probably would have confessed by now if you were town, buts ok, come on out and confess so we can lynch you.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Olinea »

Internet Stranger wrote:Hey Olinea, what exactly are you expecting to happen with that question?

Yea, whoever daykilled Chesskid, please confess so that we can lynch you. Even if you just sent in the role,you'll be suspicious enough top lynch anyways. I know that you probably would have confessed by now if you were town, buts ok, come on out and confess so we can lynch you.
Reread the question. I'm asking if anyone sent in a role that functions that way, not if someone USED a role like that.
GreyICE:
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by zoraster »

yeah, it actually seems like a fair question to me.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@Olinea: can you confirm that there was no clause in your submitted role about the bomb being passed pregame?

Oli's question should most definitely be answered, if you sent in a day killer with an explodey flavour.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Tasky wrote:Furc, what do you mean by "easy vote"?
I was already very suspicious of tajo, who I felt like was the person we should be lynching. I like your case on IS, though, and will be willing to look in that direction in the future if it comes close to deadline and we need to secure a lynch. Tajo felt like he had too much information to me, and seeing someone cite him backtracking was enough for me to put my vote on him. We should lynch him. I am pushing him the same way you are pushing IS, for associative tells with Olinea, but the fact you won't push on Olinea is sort of drawing my eye to you. If you're suspicious Olinea is scum, as I am, why are you not
voting for Olinea
? I would be if I could be, but you're making me regret not pressuring you instead of Xalxe or tajo.
Olinea wrote:
You CAN be, if you watch zoraster's video, which is the information in question.
I watched the video.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Furcolow wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Furcolow wrote:No, after reading the game, I was convinced OLINEA was scum. When scum tell you to vote them, in your mind, you are hesitant to play into their hand as town.
How would voting him being anti-town? If your vote didn't show up in the count, he'd be role-confirmed. If it did, he'd have fakeclaimed and most likely be the lynch for the day.
I'm not following your train of thought here. I felt like I was just setting it up for his wagon to easily be disbanded, when I feel he has been the scummiest player in the game. Do you not see how me helping him would conflict with what I felt I needed to do, lynching the scummiest player? Because, if you don't, I'm all ears.
Now
I'M
not following
YOUR
train of thought. Why would you disband a wagon on a player you think is scummy?
How can you not see that Olinea's claims have lead to two townie deaths, and a weird scenario in which I can't vote the biggest wagon? That is completely against my playstyle to not be able to bandwagon, and has me insanely suspicious of them. I will be checking to see if I can vote them, trust me on that.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by Olinea »

Fishythefish wrote:@Olinea: can you confirm that there was no clause in your submitted role about the bomb being passed pregame?
There was not a clause like that.

However, I was able to choose Furcolow as my target for my role before the game started, so I think if there's a Detonator they would have been able to give the bomb to chesskid before Day 1.
GreyICE:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”