Newbie 575: Harry Potter - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Talmadge Monroe
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:05 am

Post by Talmadge Monroe »

geraintm wrote: they weren't both legitimate though. cake was obviously claiming in response to the correct claim, as scum he had to otherwise the game is over. his posts were so inconsitent too.
They both had valid reasonings for what they did. Boggzie and AK did everything BUT specifically say you were scum, yet you still chose Captain to vote for. Boggzie and AK were saying that you or me could be scum, Captain was saying that AK or you could be scum. Both scenarios fingered you as scum, so your reasoning that "anyone that calls me scum must be scum!" is bad. You had no reason to vote that early.
geraintm wrote: why was it obvious it was you? an easier claim would be say they investigated AK47 surely?
for me though, by cake claiming you were innocent, it left me with a 50/50 choice yesterday on deciding who was telling the truth. that is why captain picked you.
he just made the error of claiming i was scum. as soon as he did that i knew he was scum.
It was obvious to me because everyone was calling me town, and he knows that I'm town, so it was an attempt to get me to side with him (and you) instead of Boggzie. I had no proof that Boggzie and AK were telling the truth and neither did you. If Cake tried to claim that HE investigated AK, it would look ridiculous as Boggzie had already done so.

And, as I said before, your last two lines make no sense in accordance with your vote. Captain's thoughts were that either you or AK were scum with Boggzie. Boggzie's thoughts were that either you or I were scum with Captain. You were scum in both scenarios.
geraintm wrote: no, it worked out Ak was in the worst posistion because he was town. ak had to make the right decision yesterday, and then the right decision today
AK is in the worst position today, yes, in terms of having to make the correct choice. I'm also in a bad position because I have very little to go on to prove that you're mafia and I am not. You get to sit back and disrupt the peace as much as possible.

Yesterday, however, AK was convinced by Boggzie and felt that he was in the right. I was not as convinced, and as the third town member it was up to me to make a decision. Unfortunately for my sake, you hammered the scum before I made that decision and now you have an easier time of trying to frame me.
geraintm wrote: i have answered this, and ignorning that i have repeatedly answered it is just misleading. i have said many times that to me the game was solved, we had a claimed cop and no counter claims, which meant the game was over. it wasn't a hasty vote, i said in my previous post that i was awaiting everyone to check in but that my bold finger
And as I've said, 3 times now, you had no reason to trust that claim. Don't you think it's the least bit convenient that you voted for me instead of Cake at this point? Voting for Cake would've surely sent him home anyway. But, maybe you could have convinced AK and Boggzie to get rid of me instead of Cake, so that you would win.

Also, you keep pointing to the fact that you voted a mere 4 minutes after Cake's claim. However, Cake's INITIAL POST states that he would be summing up his final thoughts post by post, and this initial post came a whopping 37 minutes before yours did. This sounds like you simply failed to read the post at all and jumped at the chance to vote me as soon as you saw Captain appear, hoping that either AK or Bog would jump on and Captain could hammer for the win.
geraintm wrote: there you go, there is the post where i said i was going to vote unless something came up like a counter claim. a counter claim did come, but 4 minutes before i voted and i never saw it!
And again, you make an action before anyone else can reply to what you have to say. You rushed the vote twice yesterday when we were at LYLO. How do you not understand that that is mafia behavior?
geraintm wrote: why was the vote on your ridiculous? i'll explain it again, if there is a cop who has an innocent verdict on one other player, then that means the other two people left besides me are scum? the logic there is very, very simple. and i did have reason to trust one of teh claims, one of the cops was saying i was scum!
As a supposed townie, you had no reason to lay the first vote yesterday. If you truly believed Boggzie's claim right off the bat, without any questioning, then you should have waited for him to lay the first vote. You didn't, because you were trying to rush a kill on me before anyone else could respond.
geraintm wrote: frankly, i think you should be explain your own actions a bit more. i have answered everything i have.
So these were your last desperate attempts?

Here's the stuff geraintm is talking about, AK.

My final opinion on Star, before she was dead:
Talmadge Monroe wrote:
I've been hesitant on the hammer simply because you scrambling to defend yourself against accusations made towards hito is not a gigantic scum tell like others seem to imply it is. My major issue with this whole situation is and always has been the massive confusion that accompanies it.

I am a little distressed that Boggzie has been so aggressive compared to his earlier play, especially like you mention with the defense of Pyro who arguably had a series of worse posts than hito.

Boggzie and Pyro continue to plague and confuse me in their own ways.

I'm torn at the moment.
This post not only covers why I didn't believe Boggzie's claim, but it also explains why I didn't hammer Star. After reading through the accusations, it was my opinion that she was being targeted for a mistake that was similar to what geraintm made (with his early AFAIK/AK confusion) and what pyro made (putting AK on a pedestal). I did not feel that this was a scum tell, and thus I did not vote.

and here's my supposed distancing from Cake:
Talmadge Monroe wrote:
Scummy:

Pyro
- for reasons I've already stated. I don't really feel like his answer justifies 3 scummy posts. Once is a slip-up, three times is too fishy for me.
AK
- he's smack in the middle of things and very uncomfortable about it. He's also made a couple of strange assumptions involving Captain and his "bandwagon" and Pyro and his quote typos.

Somewhat scummy:

Captain
- a couple of mistake posts, though he's quick to admit his mistake. He hasn't really done anything that suspicious but he's also not clean of errors. Labeling AK as cop or scum was probably not a great idea.
hitogoroshi
- he only has 5 posts and only 3 of them have content, per se. Each of those 3 posts hammer home the point that he doesn't want to lynch immediately. Obviously, that is the ideal strategy for townies but repeating it over and over makes me wonder if he wants everyone to remember him saying that.
geraintm
- his one slip-up was a typo but it was still a fishy reaction. Other than that, his posts have been clean.

unsure:

Boggzie
- voice of reason and clean posting.
You're going to have to try harder than that, geraintm. What exactly makes my reasoning lousy here in relation to where I put everyone else on this list?

To address your "TM is aggressive" question, all I can say is that there is a difference between being aggressive and being haphazard. Attacking someone for being scummy and throwing down a dangerous hammer is not the same thing. You're trying to imply that I should've put hito at L-1 or hammered Star, even though in each situation there were 2-3 other players that had not chimed in yet. My play was aggressive, but it was safe. Your play was not aggressive, but it most certainly was haphazard considering your votes on Day 2.
When in doubt, tell the truth.
~Mark Twain
5-1 Town
2-0 Scum
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:51 am

Post by geraintm »

Talmadge Monroe wrote:
They both had valid reasonings for what they did. Boggzie and AK did everything BUT specifically say you were scum, yet you still chose Captain to vote for. Boggzie and AK were saying that you or me could be scum, Captain was saying that AK or you could be scum. Both scenarios fingered you as scum, so your reasoning that "anyone that calls me scum must be scum!" is bad. You had no reason to vote that early.
my god, could you misrepresent yesterday anymore?
CaptainCake wrote:
Boggzie and G are the scum pair.
CaptainCake wrote:
Sticking with my vote on Boggzie and G should be next.
yeah, captain was really sticking it into AK yesterday! captain was clearly saying i was scum. when someone lies about you like that, it is very simple to tell who teh scum is.
Talmadge Monroe wrote: If Cake tried to claim that HE investigated AK, it would look ridiculous as Boggzie had already done so.
no, if he had claimed he investigated AK, that was an even easier claim than saying he had investigated either me or you.
Talmadge Monroe wrote: And, as I said before, your last two lines make no sense in accordance with your vote. Captain's thoughts were that either you or AK were scum with Boggzie. Boggzie's thoughts were that either you or I were scum with Captain. You were scum in both scenarios.
again, misrepsenting. under Bogz, either me or you were scum. i was not scum in both scenarios.
Talmadge Monroe wrote:
And as I've said, 3 times now, you had no reason to trust that claim. Don't you think it's the least bit convenient that you voted for me instead of Cake at this point? Voting for Cake would've surely sent him home anyway. But, maybe you could have convinced AK and Boggzie to get rid of me instead of Cake, so that you would win.
as i have said many times too, i had every reason to trust the one claim, as only one of the wo cops wasn't saying i was def scum.
and at what point was it conveient i voted for cake?
Talmadge Monroe wrote: Also, you keep pointing to the fact that you voted a mere 4 minutes after Cake's claim. However, Cake's INITIAL POST states that he would be summing up his final thoughts post by post, and this initial post came a whopping 37 minutes before yours did. This sounds like you simply failed to read the post at all and jumped at the chance to vote me as soon as you saw Captain appear, hoping that either AK or Bog would jump on and Captain could hammer for the win.
i think you will allow me to believe that someone who is going to claim cop would have done it immediatly and not wait till their third post before they slipped it in.
you are really clutching at straws if you think i was waiting for some sort of instant bandwagon to form. at the moment, you think me and captain are scum. i waited till my partner came online, waited till i saw he hadn't made a claim as a cop, voted for yuo in the hope that one of AK or bogz voted for you aswell before captain could vote too? go on, read that and see how beleivable it sounds compared to what really happened.
Talmadge Monroe wrote:
And again, you make an action before anyone else can reply to what you have to say. You rushed the vote twice yesterday when we were at LYLO. How do you not understand that that is mafia behavior?
why is voting for someone you are sure is scum mafia behaviour?

Talmadge Monroe wrote: As a supposed townie, you had no reason to lay the first vote yesterday. If you truly believed Boggzie's claim right off the bat, without any questioning, then you should have waited for him to lay the first vote. You didn't, because you were trying to rush a kill on me before anyone else could respond.
a townie has to lay the first vote. it doesnt work unless that happens.
Talmadge Monroe wrote:
geraintm wrote: frankly, i think you should be explain your own actions a bit more. i have answered everything i have.
So these were your last desperate attempts?
why am i making desperate attempts and not you?
Talmadge Monroe wrote: Here's the stuff geraintm is talking about, AK.

My final opinion on Star, before she was dead:
Talmadge Monroe wrote:
I've been hesitant on the hammer simply because you scrambling to defend yourself against accusations made towards hito is not a gigantic scum tell like others seem to imply it is. My major issue with this whole situation is and always has been the massive confusion that accompanies it.

I am a little distressed that Boggzie has been so aggressive compared to his earlier play, especially like you mention with the defense of Pyro who arguably had a series of worse posts than hito.

Boggzie and Pyro continue to plague and confuse me in their own ways.

I'm torn at the moment.
This post not only covers why I didn't believe Boggzie's claim, but it also explains why I didn't hammer Star. After reading through the accusations, it was my opinion that she was being targeted for a mistake that was similar to what geraintm made (with his early AFAIK/AK confusion) and what pyro made (putting AK on a pedestal). I did not feel that this was a scum tell, and thus I did not vote.
sorry, what do you mean "you didnt believe bogz's claim?" what claim was this day one?
and you didnt seem like day 1 you were saying she was being targetted by mistake, you kept on saying you were going to drop the hammer once people came in except yes your last post where you say you are torn. you did notice though that my long post was posting on scum tells, where you keep on almost voting for someone but trying to get permission. i was unfair when i said you had never voiced your concerns, but simply writing "i'm torn" isn't quiet saying you didnt beleive bogz, your last post i am not quiet sure what it was saying besides you didnt want to drop the hammer.

Talmadge Monroe wrote: You're going to have to try harder than that, geraintm. What exactly makes my reasoning lousy here in relation to where I put everyone else on this list?
you had him 3rd most suspicous. for nothing. "he hasn't done anything suspicous" you said, but you had him down as not being clean.

i note that you didnt reply to all my questions of you by the way.

PS: am away over the weekend once i finish work this afternoon inthe UK and wont be back till monday
Talmadge Monroe
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:29 am

geraintm wrote: my god, could you misrepresent yesterday anymore?
CaptainCake wrote: This may be the paranoia kicking in but if Boggzie is scumbuddy with AK and claims cop with AK's innocence there is none to contest it. Whereas with a random guess of whose left as town you may have hit the cop.
He says that G is scum, but doesn't write off AK. Boggzie and AK both implied that you would be next as well.

Tell me again why you believed one over the other, because "someone thinks I'm scum so they must be scum" makes no sense and does not work. I'm not going to say anymore on this, because all you do is twist words when the facts are clear - everyone pinned you as the 2nd scum.
geraintm wrote: no, if he had claimed he investigated AK, that was an even easier claim than saying he had investigated either me or you.
How? Boggzie says he investigated AK as innocent, then Captain comes in and says the same thing? You don't see how that is the least believable scenario out of any of the lies he could've came up with?
geraintm wrote: as i have said many times too, i had every reason to trust the one claim, as only one of the wo cops wasn't saying i was def scum.
and at what point was it conveient i voted for cake?
It was convenient for you to hammer cake when you knew AK and Boggzie knew he was lying. It was convenient for you to hammer so that nobody else could make anymore connections between the two of you. It was convenient for you to hammer while I offered you time to explain yourself. It was convenient for you to hammer because it makes you look innocent. Everything about that vote screams "I'm distancing myself from Cake!"

geraintm wrote: i think you will allow me to believe that someone who is going to claim cop would have done it immediatly and not wait till their third post before they slipped it in.
Nope - not when the person says they're going to make a statement at the end of a series of posts. Your vote reeks of despair.
geraintm wrote: you are really clutching at straws if you think i was waiting for some sort of instant bandwagon to form. at the moment, you think me and captain are scum. i waited till my partner came online, waited till i saw he hadn't made a claim as a cop, voted for yuo in the hope that one of AK or bogz voted for you aswell before captain could vote too? go on, read that and see how beleivable it sounds compared to what really happened.
It's the truth, so yes, I do believe that's exactly what happened. You vote for me, hope that Boggzie or AK buy it, then allow Captain to hammer. Game over.
geraintm wrote: why is voting for someone you are sure is scum mafia behaviour?
Because you're not voting for yourself in LYLO, you're voting for the town? How do you not understand this? Everyone was waiting to hear what you had to say, including Boggzie. As soon as you show up, you kill Cake for questionable reasons (
everyone was calling you scum, not just Cake
), then kill Boggzie overnight so he can't call you on your lie.
geraintm wrote: a townie has to lay the first vote. it doesnt work unless that happens.
That's not true whatsoever. Besides, the issue isn't that a "townie" laid the first vote, it's that YOU laid the first vote. You were not involved in the claim at all. Don't you think that you should have the least deciding power in that process instead of trying to take control of the lynch by voting me (instead of Cake, your partner)? Here's the better question:

Since you felt utterly convinced of Boggzie's claim, why did you pick me to vote out instead of Cake?

geraintm wrote: why am i making desperate attempts and not you?
I'm doing my best to defend myself from your lazy attacks. The more you make your lousy attempts to bring up terrible scumtells, the more ridiculous you look. I feel just fine with how I'm handling this, and I certainly don't need to be making such desperate accusations as you.
geraintm wrote:
sorry, what do you mean "you didnt believe bogz's claim?" what claim was this day one?
and you didnt seem like day 1 you were saying she was being targetted by mistake, you kept on saying you were going to drop the hammer once people came in except yes your last post where you say you are torn. you did notice though that my long post was posting on scum tells, where you keep on almost voting for someone but trying to get permission. i was unfair when i said you had never voiced your concerns, but simply writing "i'm torn" isn't quiet saying you didnt beleive bogz, your last post i am not quiet sure what it was saying besides you didnt want to drop the hammer.
I'm talking about Boggzie's claim of cop on Day 2. He has no other claim, so I don't even know how this confused you at all. The post I quoted of mine shows that I had my doubts about Boggzie from Day 1, so there's no question as to why I didn't believe Boggzie right off the bat (like you did, for no reason).

As for my supposed scum tell:

When I asked for people's opinions on a L-1 vote against hito, it wasn't even in the context of the game. If you had actually read the whole post, you would see that I specifically stated that it was written before I realized hito needed a replacement. Pyro even quotes me on this, thinking I've made a mistake, but then realizes in his next post that the L-1 comment didn't mean anything. The only reason I included that in my post to hito was to show everyone my stance on the situation before hito announced that he was still quite sick.

When I was going to hammer, I hadn't heard from Pyro or AK in awhile. I specifically asked to hear their opinions because killing someone isn't something that should be taken lightly in this game. In this time, Star posted a few more times and I began to realize that maybe it wasn't the best move available. I stated that her major downfalls were mistakes hito had made, mistakes that weren't that much worse than others had made. This is why I said "I'm torn," because I wasn't sure of myself at that point. AK acknowledged this, but still hammered her under his own convictions - convictions I didn't have.

Your vote on me and then lynch of Captain was haphazard and careless, so I can understand why you would find my calculated approach to a lynch a foreign and confusing idea.

geraintm wrote: you had him 3rd most suspicous. for nothing. "he hasn't done anything suspicous" you said, but you had him down as not being clean.
The order of "somewhat scummy" means absolutely nothing. You and hito are both in there for marginal offenses. Thus the category is named "somewhat scummy" not "definitely scummy" or "most scummy." If you notice, Boggzie was the only person who did not make a mistake in some way or the other, and thus he was the only one not in a "scummy" category. Do you not see how ridiculous this method of accusal is?
geraintm wrote: i note that you didnt reply to all my questions of you by the way.
Ah, I apologize. Which questions?
~Mark Twain
5-1 Town
2-0 Scum
Talmadge Monroe
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:30 am

I guess I'll take a break too, see ya'll on Monday.
~Mark Twain
5-1 Town
2-0 Scum
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:50 am

Post by AK47x2 »

Wow. First off, I got back a day early due to a combination of terrible weather in Devon and the landlord looking amazingly like Anthony Hopkins. I was fretting about my accuracy during the holiday, because TM's comments showed that the issue wasn't as clean cut as I had assumed. But I'm very glad I was right. RIP Boggzie, by the way.

So now I'm left in the toughest position. Geraintm or TM. Whatever I vote for will end the game, so I don't really have to justify myself. But, just for the hell of it, here's a few bits which helped me decide. Also, thank you for arguing; if you hadn't, my job would have been much harder.

Geraintm accuses TM of hypocrisy, saying that calling his vote on TM hasty was comparable to TM's vote on Pyro early game. Not really. Your vote was in a hazardous, explosive situation where one wrong move kills off the game. His was at a moment where it was four to lynch and the real game had only just started.

And you keep calling him on his 'getting permission from everyone else' thing. Not a scum tell. That's a sign of caution. If you don't do it, then people are going to call you hasty and wonder why you voted quickly without allowing others to comment. Like you've done. Twice.
Geraintm wrote:
AK47x2 wrote:So you're left with Geraintm or TM. Let's also assume Geraintm's scum; if you call him innocent, then people might think you're linked, as you've just implied with me and Boggzie. So you pick the only option left to you, TM. QED.
AK, this reasoning is horrid! you can't assume either of me or TM is scum or innocent at this stage. you can flip your reasoning here round the other way, and now think that TM must be scum because got chosen by captain.
No, I can't automatically assume you're scum. But that entire paragraph was hypothetical.
AK47x2 wrote:So let's talk as if you're definitely scum for a moment.
So you're taking my arguments out of context? I also assumed for Captain; no arguments there.

Yes, I could flip the reasoning around and get a similar conclusion. But this way makes far more sense.

Either TM's town or he's a hell of a good actor.

vote: geraintm
"If I abandon this project I would be a man without dreams and I don't want to live like that"
- Werner Herzog
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Guardian »

geraintm is lynched.

sadness...
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:13 am

Post by Guardian »

....for the mafia!

town wins!

good job everyone, I was very impressed by the level of play in this game, I encourage you all to explore non-newbie game playing options.

Thanks for being such a pleasure to mod!
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Talmadge Monroe
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:34 am

Good game all.

You were really convincing early game geraintm, would've never pegged you as mafia in any Day 1 guesses. AK was a great townie too. My only doubts with you were during the Pyro situation which you handled pretty well.

This was my first game so thanks everyone, it was awesome. I think I've learned a little bit to tone my game for next time. Any comments would be appreciated too if you think I made a glaring error somewhere within the game.
~Mark Twain
5-1 Town
2-0 Scum
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:49 am

Post by AK47x2 »

That was great fun but my God I hope I don't have to make an end game decision like that again.

Yeah, everyone played really well.

Personally TM, I don't think there's anything you really need to work on. For most I'd probably recommend being less aggressive D1 but you seem able to pull it off, so whatever.

Just one thing that confuses me; mafia, why did you NK Pyro? It'll just annoy me if I don't find out.
"If I abandon this project I would be a man without dreams and I don't want to live like that"
- Werner Herzog
Talmadge Monroe
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:51 am

AK47x2 wrote: Just one thing that confuses me; mafia, why did you NK Pyro? It'll just annoy me if I don't find out.
Oh god, I hate you for reminding me. I have to know this as well.

Of all the theories we discussed, the two I would most believe are:
-framing me or
-you thought Pyro was cop
~Mark Twain
5-1 Town
2-0 Scum
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

*poke*

So I'm all better now. Yesss. Sorry about being so terrible and sick xD.

I'll have to try out a real one now...or perhaps just finish a newbie...>_>.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

This was part of the night PM from geraintm, pretty much explains our nk.
geraintm wrote:i'd rather kill someone not on the list of lynchers, easy to try and get Ak and Bogz lynched now rather than anyone who wasn't involved. I also thought pyro started to lie low as the game went on, maybe indicating that they were the cop trying to keep a loe profile.. he also made a poor post at one point where he seemed to be hinting abotu somethign the cop should do, which was quiet poor, as in he was the cop and made a poor deflecting post

I don't know hwo the cop is. if it is Bogz then he has done a good job making it look like he wasnt.
It was a fun game for sure. Though I screwed up a few posts on D2 :( I guess I shouldn't have brought up the whole 'AK is the cop' thing again, that might have helped a bit.
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

Oh and it didn't help our plan any that Boggzie investigated AK. I wish my fake cop claim worked out better tho.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Boggzie »

There was a point on D1 where I was re-reading and I thought to myself; "damn - you're the cop, duh." It was pretty obvious. That's when I started acting as shifty as possible. :)

Then, when AK and I both made it through the night, I was astonished.

Pyro muddied the water, but damn if you would have NK'd AK - it would have REALLY fucked me in the light of the other players and my investigation.

I told Guardian in a PM, this was, without a doubt the most fun I've had in a game. Very well played by everyone.
Go Tribe!
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:53 pm

Post by geraintm »

damn.
firstly, really enjoyed this game.

some comments

why - pyro - as my partner posted above, i was cop hunting.
i got way over confident at the end of day one. i thought i was way under teh radar and my partner pretty much too. i thought Tm and Bogz would look much more suspicous. i thought we couldnt lose.
i don't know if it is my inexperience with this set up, not played with it before, so i just didnt realise what was going to happen if the cop survived

Bogz completely out played me though, didnt get a read on him at all.
did not suspect him for cop

how much did my vote on TM mess things up? if i hadn't come in then with that vote, would it have been closer on the coin flip at the end? it really was me just posting before i saw my partners cop claim.
and yesterday i did end it hasty in the end. i felt letting yesterday go on was not going to behelpful, i was already number 1 suspect so i felt my only hope was to hammer, get it over with as quick as possible and try and get AK to go wrong. not sure how else to have played it.

one important thing, hito/star got a lot of stick for playing realyl badly.
i dont think that was really the case. i just didnt let up and bogz really didnt! and star was just left in an untenable posistion

bogz, why were you so aggresive, was it all part of your "act scummy so i don't get caught as the cop" thing?
Talmadge Monroe
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:51 am

geraintm wrote:damn.
how much did my vote on TM mess things up? if i hadn't come in then with that vote, would it have been closer on the coin flip at the end? it really was me just posting before i saw my partners cop claim.
and yesterday i did end it hasty in the end. i felt letting yesterday go on was not going to behelpful, i was already number 1 suspect so i felt my only hope was to hammer, get it over with as quick as possible and try and get AK to go wrong. not sure how else to have played it.
Your vote on me did you in, from my perspective. I didn't really buy Boggzie's claim off the bat whereas Cake's seemed a bit more legitimate, so to see you throw a vote for me when Cake had claimed seemed like you were trying to push the vote my way first.

The game definitely would have looked a bit different if you knew Cake was going to claim, I think. I hate to say it but I probably would've sided with Cake and you, because Cake was a more believable cop on Day 1 and you were always fairly pro-town. Even if D3 turned out to be the three of us again (G, AK, me), I'm not sure that I would've had much to pin the blame on you.

Boggzie's drastic attempt to hide his badge was a pretty awesome play but it made me really skeptical too, haha.
~Mark Twain
5-1 Town
2-0 Scum
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:01 am

Post by Boggzie »

Well, frankly I was 'sure'. When I looked at the post-count, and then started pressing I knew I at least one scum, if not both. Everyone remember the post count thing you were beating me up about. :) When Hito sorta melted down, and I saw how "Cop-ish" I looked. I said to myself; "I'm gonna destroy this player". I felt I was right. That coupled with wanting to look as non-Cop as I could helped.

I still say Hito was terrible. I felt so bad for Star. It was probably the toughest acting I've had to do. In all my games I have yet to play as Mafia, and I think D1 was the closest I've felt to being scum. Everytime she twisted my retort felt so contrived when I wrote it, because I felt so bad for her. :) But, there was no excuse for Hito's play. Hito, in fact, was so bad I would have focused more on Cake if Hito didn't look so damn scummy in juxtaposition.

Great game, had a bunch of fun.
Go Tribe!
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:22 am

Post by geraintm »

Talmadge Monroe wrote:
Your vote on me did you in, from my perspective. I didn't really buy Boggzie's claim off the bat whereas Cake's seemed a bit more legitimate, so to see you throw a vote for me when Cake had claimed seemed like you were trying to push the vote my way first.
did no one at all beleive me when i said i voted before i saw the claim then? or did that make no difference to anyone?

i possibly should have claimed instead of cake, if people beleived i was more trustworthy. it is just something i have never done before and due to overconfidence in the night hadnt discussed it.
PS: it was me who asked for the extension for the deadline, i came online with my PSP and saw it was night.
i take full responsibility over our failed planning, not cke's fault at all.
Talmadge Monroe
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:12 am

geraintm wrote: did no one at all beleive me when i said i voted before i saw the claim then? or did that make no difference to anyone?
I was on the fence. I didn't necessarily believe you were lying but the quick vote (on me, no less :o ) lead me to attack you for it because I was pretty sure you were the partner at that point.

My post arguing that you should've understood that Cake had multiple posts was a load of garbage though, haha.
~Mark Twain
5-1 Town
2-0 Scum
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:45 am

Post by AK47x2 »

I feel sorry for you, geraintm. Mainly because, until D2, you did nothing scummy and you were only really caught out by a process of elimination.
- Werner Herzog
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Boggzie »

AK47x2 wrote:I feel sorry for you, geraintm. Mainly because, until D2, you did nothing scummy and you were only really caught out by a process of elimination.
That's the game. :)
Go Tribe!
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:32 am

Post by AK47x2 »

Boggzie wrote:
AK47x2 wrote:I feel sorry for you, geraintm. Mainly because, until D2, you did nothing scummy and you were only really caught out by a process of elimination.
That's the game. :)
So I gather.

In other news, have a good break. If this game is anything to go by, breaks sound necessary.
- Werner Herzog
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

geraintm wrote:did no one at all beleive me when i said i voted before i saw the claim then? or did that make no difference to anyone?
I was so confused when I saw your post. I thought to myself "Damnit what a horrible time to post." So that's when I was hoping to turn it around and get you lynched, but instead I went down. Maybe I shouldn't have put my vote on Boggzie and tried to make it to day 3, kill TM and plead with AK that theres no way scum would kill their only support. That probably wouldn't have worked anyways. :lol:

AWESOME GAME
nonetheless. (bolded for effect)
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”