Mini 971: Princess bride - They all lived .......

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:13 am

Post by Parama »

Like I said, CKD is town and SPS is not a good lynch. Why don't you guys listen to me?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:03 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:I targetted curiouskarmadog Night 1 which I breadcrumbed in my first post of the Day. I got an innocent (obviously).
Why target CKD night 1?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Jack »

horrordude0215 wrote:We still have another 4 days before lynch, Shovel... why are you trying to rush this?

Requesting a claim from you.
Horror needs to die already.

unvote, vote:horror

Although, the ekim lynch was bad mostly by virtue of horror being on it, and he did jump off for crappy reasons.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Parama »

Horror's not on the ekiM wagon anymore.
JOIN US, JACK.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:42 am

Post by ekiM »

Jack 302 wrote:I didn't lie, but I'm more interested in Parama and SPS at the moment, explain why later.
Jack 309 wrote:
Parama wrote:"Role-related information" is a clever way of saying "I really think so-and-so is scum and I want you guys to lynch him."
How did you
know
this Parama?
So have you taken back your claim of having role related info or? Or if you can't explain now, when will you? I'm not sure what you've done here, and finding it confusing.
DDD 306 wrote:You should add Mike to the list (though this conflicts with Parama unless extreme bussing has occurred) because he's seen me get called out by a paranoid cop in Second String Muppets before when I was town. He was scum and completely dropped his town read of me to play follow the cop, just like this game.

Fool me once, Mike, shame on you; fool me twice, Mike, shame on me. You're not pulling that shit on me twice.
Debonair Danny DiPietro 308 wrote:
Jack wrote:Yes, I worry about mike, but that's a playstyle I misread a lot (he writes very carefully). I misread him as scum for a long time in gonzo.
Sure, but unlike the others who may or may not have been in a situation like this before I know Mike has done this before and should have the sense to be a bit more cautious.

Too bad no one manned up and defended me, that'd have been a nice town tell.
Debonair Danny DiPietro 324 wrote:
Unvote; Vote: ekiM

Game is stagnating and Mike should die for so casually tossing aside his read to play follow the alleged power role, put those two together and Mike needs more votes.
It's a fallacy to say that because I've done something as scum it means I wouldn't do it as town. I do actually believe that if someone comes out with role-related info as Jack did they're probably not scum sacrificing themselves to take out one guy. The difference between this game and Muppets is that there the cop was too careless to note the obvious hints that he was paranoid. I doubted Jack would claim info unless he thought it was solid. I trust his competence at this game so I deferred to him and was willing to follow his claimed power role. You haven't explained why anyone wouldn't. Yes, I've seen town roles get bad info before. That doesn't mean I discard claimed info out of hand.

I don't know what read you're saying I'm going back on. I don't have any particular reason to think you're town. Asserting that anyone who suspects you is stupid isn't actually persuasive to me.
Steam-Powered Shovel 310 wrote:Gah, stop messing with us, Jack. You're lucky there wasn't a Night 0 and/or I don't have a vig power.

DDD brings up a salient point in 306, so back to my previous vote.
Unvote, vote: ekiM
What's salient about it? I've seen DDD be implicated by bad info before. This means I should assume that any info claimed on him in future is bad? That doesn't make any sense.

Given that you also voted for DDD on Jack's say so, I don't really see where this vote is coming from.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:57 am

Post by ekiM »

Steam Powered Shovel
- The claim is plausible, crumb is plausible, jibes well with him believing the miller claim, and his interaction with CKD. Questions: why did you claim before someone was threatening to hammer? What's the flavor justification for the granddad being a cop? Why did you investigate CKD? Not the lynch today I guess.
curiouskarmadog
: Which means CKD isn't either, and I didn't find him scummy before anyway.
Jack
- I find this guy hard to understand but I think his antics are town-motivated.
Kmd4390
- Provides most of the analysis I feel has been worthwhile today.
MacavityLock
- Feel he's town.

Parama
- Still a good lynch.
wolframnhart
- Kind of a lurker today... dark horse candidate for scum then.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
- I'm not sure if Jack is still claiming role info on this guy. But the way he reacted is off. It doesn't make sense to think I'm scum for not drawing some faulty conclusion based on the Muppets game.
horrordude0215/bv310
- bv310 total lurker. And horrordude is not making me think town. Question for you: if you don't think there's a need to rush the end of the day, why did you ask for a claim from SPS before someone was willing to hammer him?

Hmm.
Unvote; Vote: horrordude0215
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Unvote, Vote Horror
although I'd prefer Parama.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Parama »

The only lynch I will be happy with at this point is ekiM's.

I am tunneling, yes.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Also, if we assume Shovel to be telling the truth and look back at my original VCA TM, Jack's odds of being scum increase.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:12 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Jack wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:We still have another 4 days before lynch, Shovel... why are you trying to rush this?

Requesting a claim from you.
Horror needs to die already.

unvote, vote:horror

Although, the ekim lynch was bad mostly by virtue of horror being on it, and he did jump off for crappy reasons.
lolwat? All I did was request a claim!

And I got off of the wagon because I haven't found much of his actions scummy and didn't realize that bv had his vote on him.
ekiM wrote:horrordude0215/bv310 - bv310 total lurker. And horrordude is not making me think town. Question for you: if you don't think there's a need to rush the end of the day, why did you ask for a claim from SPS before someone was willing to hammer him?
Because if he claimed a PR (Which he did), then there's enough time to find an alternate wagon.

I would love to know how Grandfather=Cop though...
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by farside22 »

wolf requested a replacement do to real life issues. I have someone who wanted to replace last time I asked. I will see if they are still interested.

On a side note I will have more limited access to MS during the day. Sorry if things go crazy and you have no vote count.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

Just that fast. CryMeARiver replaced Wolf
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Nah, I'm just that beast ;)
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Jack »

CryMeARiver wrote:Nah, I'm just that beast ;)
Vote horrordude.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Jack wrote:
Vote horrordude.
Why? I don't like listening to you usually ;)
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Jack »

CryMeARiver wrote:
Jack wrote:
Vote horrordude.
Why? I don't like listening to you usually ;)
Why not?
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Because I'm totally pro-town and lynching me would NOT be in your best interest
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:29 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I dont believe the claim....grandfather wasnt even a character in the story, he was the narrator, doesnt makes sense (but that is just flavor crap), it is an easy claim, because no one would be that character (because it is not a character)

we need to lynch SPS today.

SPS, please provide said crumb.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:37 am

Post by farside22 »

Vote count

ekiM (3) Parama, Steam Powered Shovel, Debonair Danny DiPietro

SPS (3) curiouskarmadog, wolframnhart, MacavityLock
Jack (1) Horrordude
Horrordude (3) Jack, ekiM, Kmd4390

Not voting:

with 10 alive it will take 6 to lynch
Deadline is June 7, 7:30am PST
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

ekiM wrote:It's a fallacy to say that because I've done something as scum it means I wouldn't do it as town. I do actually believe that if someone comes out with role-related info as Jack did they're probably not scum sacrificing themselves to take out one guy. The difference between this game and Muppets is that there the cop was too careless to note the obvious hints that he was paranoid. I doubted Jack would claim info unless he thought it was solid. I trust his competence at this game so I deferred to him and was willing to follow his claimed power role. You haven't explained why anyone wouldn't. Yes, I've seen town roles get bad info before. That doesn't mean I discard claimed info out of hand.

I don't know what read you're saying I'm going back on. I don't have any particular reason to think you're town. Asserting that anyone who suspects you is stupid isn't actually persuasive to me.
The fact that you've seen cops and other power roles get bad info means you shouldn't blindly follow them as you've done in this game (and this assumes a truthful claim which given Jack's erratic and aggresive style isn't a very safe assumption). You take your time to get the full truth instead of cravenly rushing to hide behind someone else's claim. And no, you didn't flop on a town read of me, but you did show a certain reticence and skepticism to my wagon that still makes your sudden conversion suspcious.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

ekiM wrote:Questions: why did you claim before someone was threatening to hammer? What's the flavor justification for the granddad being a cop? Why did you investigate CKD? Not the lynch today I guess.
Horrordude asked for a claim. The threat was implied. My role PM doesn't provide a flavour justification for me being a cop. I investigated ckd because he's a good player and I'm fairly sure I'd have trouble determining his alignment normally. I considered Jack but I knew I wouldn't be able to breadcrumb an "Innocent"-result on Jack.
ckd wrote: I dont believe the claim....grandfather wasnt even a character in the story, he was the narrator, doesnt makes sense (but that is just flavor crap), it is an easy claim, because no one would be that character (because it is not a character)
There aren't really enough prominent characters in Princess Bride for a mini if you ignore this type of character. Last Princess Bride mini, which I played in, had the Grandson as SK and Grandfather as fake claim and was still forced to use "the ancient booer" as character. And if I were scum, wouldn't I have a safe claim to use?
ckd wrote:SPS, please provide said crumb.
The first thing I said Today was "Ckd seems town."
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:44 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

SPS wrote:And if I were scum, wouldn't I have a safe claim to use?
Wouldn't that be WIFOM?
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:13 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

No. It's an empirical fact that scum pretty much always have safe claims in this day and age.

And if I were scum who had decided not to use my safe claim, I'd have to come up with a character which is unlikely to be in the game but that would be accepted as being part of it nonetheless. Going with the safe claim would clearly be the superior option.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ugh, my instinct says bullshit.

but my head knows you are not the correct lynch today.

if you are telling the truth, you have killed me too.

unvote.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:26 am

Post by Jack »

The "I didn't investigate jack because I knew I couldn't breadcrumb an innocent result" bit is very weird.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”