Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Panacea »

You have entered the Night Phase.

If you have a Night Action (as stated in your Role PM), it is due by the end of this phase. If I don't have it in my inbox by Daytime, I will assume you have forfeited your action for the Night.

Sleep well; you'll need your energy to hunt some scum!

Night will end at 6:30 PM, November 23rd 2011.
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Panacea »

Saddened by the loss of their comrade, the advisors returned to their corner, most heavy with guilt and dread over Delta's demise, while the others let out secret sighs of relief. It had been many hours since the king's ball, and many more since any of them had slept. Exhausted, they sank into a fitful sleep...

... And were woken a few hours later by the clattering of a knife on the flagstone!

In the center of the cell lay a twisted figure, blood pooling beneath it from a fatal chest wound.

Spoiler:
Citizen Karne, Vanilla Townie
was dead!

Last edited by Panacea on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Panacea »

The thread is open! I'll get y'all a vote count and fix the ^ spoiler tags when I can get to a computer. iPhones are only so awesome. ;)
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Empking's Alt »

Vote: Trez
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

@Panacea, the spoiler's aren't working. Trying using a
Spoiler:
tag instead. Those are better in anyway.

THANK YOU!!!
:D :D

@Empking: Reason?
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Empking's Alt »

In post 67, Empking's Alt wrote:
In post 64, treznor wrote:#41 seems insincere? VOTE: empking's alt does that seem more sincere for you? I agree RVS is basically over at this point.

Not really. It looks like you were forced into it.

Enom; doesn't seem like he was actually suspicious of me.
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 353, Empking's Alt wrote:

What the hell? Thats like a super early read as compared to what we have the last 200+ post. Give me time to reread before i present a case.

And wohoo!!!! I am not dead.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Empking's Alt »

In post 356, enomis wrote:

What the hell? Thats like a super early read as compared to what we have the last 200+ post. Give me time to reread before i present a case.

And wohoo!!!! I am not dead.

Early game is best game.
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

Enomis, I am not surprised you are still alive. Anyone who proclaims "I am going to die tonight! I am so town I will die tonight! GUYS I AM SO TOWN I AM GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!" rarely does.

Still, for all your failings, I am willing to say newb town for your "town slip" of being over zealous in your attempts to figure out the game setup. I really hope this doesn't turn out to some gambit on your part, playing the idiot card.

Not sure why Kane was killed, figured scum would play off of his "only vote to hammer" policy.
Nectar of the Gods.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 358, PyroDwarf wrote:Enomis, I am not surprised you are still alive. Anyone who proclaims "I am going to die tonight! I am so town I will die tonight! GUYS I AM SO TOWN I AM GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!" rarely does.

Still, for all your failings, I am willing to say newb town for your "town slip" of being over zealous in your attempts to figure out the game setup. I really hope this doesn't turn out to some gambit on your part, playing the idiot card.

Not sure why Kane was killed, figured scum would play off of his "only vote to hammer" policy.

What no. I dont play the idiot card. I am improving my game here dude. I have 4 ongoing games including this one.Soon to be 5 actually, and i am learning at a rapid pace. I am gonna be out of this newb thing before you know it. And Karne was probably killed because his one of the strongest townread too. No surprise there although i really thought i would be killed. Maybe the scum thought that Karne is a PR huh.

@Scum: Are you gonna kill me tonight? Please answer me.

Anyway, its gonna take a while before i reread.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by enomis »

@panacea

You forgot to add citizen karne to the dead players list in your first post.

Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Panacea »

^Yeah... iPhone doesn't scroll in this field. SIGH. I will, and get a good votecount, tomorrow. Holiday stuff, sorry. :( Thank you for the heads-up, though!
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 26, Demyx wrote:
In post 18, DeltaWave wrote:Some random questions to help us move along a bit faster:

1) What's your time zone?

Eastern Standard Time.

2) Do you like policy lynches?

It depends.

I come from a forum that does 24-hour long days, where I do like policy lynches, because there is so much less time to analyze. It's unrealistic to expect to get a decent lynch on Day One, and sometimes claims just before night and things like that require us to jump to an alternate lynch shortly before deadline. In those cases, policy lynches can be useful -- if you're taking a shot in the dark it's much better to choose a lurker or someone playing poorly than a quality, contributing member.

On this forum, that situation should not realistically come up, but I still feel that policy lynches should be at least on the table as a possibility. If there is no fear of lynching for poor play, then pressure voting people for poor play (which I will do) has no meaning and those players won't have sufficient reason to improve.

Also, you say that scum can hide behind policy lynches, which is certainly true, but the opposite is alos true -- scum can hide behind lurking and poor play and spin any potential lynch on them as a baseless policy lynch.

In post 22, PyroDwarf wrote:
As an aside, in the last game I was in (so long ago), the first person to ask what time people were on came up as scum. The (correct) theory was that they were trying to figure out when they would be able to do their night communications with scumbuddies. Thoughts?

Not really impressed by this logic. Scum has more than one day to coordinate, so they could easily just ask about timezones in the scum thread.

In post 23, enomis wrote:
In post 22, PyroDwarf wrote:

i dun understand what u are saying at all...

You have plenty of time to craft posts on this forum, so it would be cool if you didn't use text abbreviations like "u".

lack of punctuation and caps are okay though if you use them for specific emphasis or to indicate apathy

You say you are for policy lynches against bad play right? Yet, you are against lynching Delta because he is a bad townie(which is true now). you are contradicting yourself? --> scummy.

@empking's alt: You switched vote three times in the RVS stage for no apparent reasons? What?

In post 116, Demyx wrote:Originally I had a town read on Delta because I didn't believe scum would be so eager and overextend themselves like that.

Now I'm wondering if he's scum who finds himself drawing attention he didn't want and is frantically backtracking and accusing everyone who makes an argument he doesn't like of scummy behavior.

I thought before that you were mildly fosing Delta. What?

Also conclusion:
Town:bub

Demyx
Demyx
Goon
Demyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Demyx »

Are you ever going to explain a vote? Are you going to just throw down a vote early in the day today and never revisit it, explain your reasoning, or offer reads, just like you did yesterday?

Vote: Empking

In post 359, enomis wrote:
In post 358, PyroDwarf wrote:Enomis, I am not surprised you are still alive. Anyone who proclaims "I am going to die tonight! I am so town I will die tonight! GUYS I AM SO TOWN I AM GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!" rarely does.

Basically.

What no. I dont play the idiot card. I am improving my game here dude. I have 4 ongoing games including this one.Soon to be 5 actually, and i am learning at a rapid pace. I am gonna be out of this newb thing before you know it.

Volume of games does not equal skill at games.

I've played over sixty games (not on this site) and still have lots to learn.

In post 362, enomis wrote:

You say you are for policy lynches against bad play right? Yet, you are against lynching Delta because he is a bad townie(which is true now). you are contradicting yourself? --> scummy.

If you actually read the entire post that I wrote, you would see that nowhere in that post do I say that I am in favor of all policy lynches at all times.

I have said that people should be pressured for poor play, and Delta certainly was. But in a game where we can only afford a couple of mislynches, it's best to have something to go on other than poor play. My gut feeling was that Delta was town and some of the people who threw down early votes on them and then never gave any more reads or analysis the entire day (Empking and Kondi, and to a lesser extent Treznor) were scum.

I thought before that you were mildly fosing Delta. What?

I'm not sure why you're pulling out this quote in particular. It's well known and was commented on yesterday that I flipflopped on Delta, and I explained why. In a nutshell, I originally voted and pressured Delta for his awful play, but as the day dragged on, he was unrepentant (I feel scum, especially newb scum, would've been more likely to backpedal) and several of the votes were crap (Empking and Kondi). That led me to believe my initial impression was hasty.

It's fair enough if you think changing my mind, or the reasons why I changed my mind, were scummy. But the fact that I did change my mind shouldn't be a matter of confusion.
Demyx
Demyx
Goon
Demyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Demyx »

And forgot to preview and fix the quotes again *facepalm*

I think you guys can figure it out though.
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:42 am

Post by kondi2424 »

@enomis: Citizen was likely killed because she was obvious town and was a logical poster.

Demyx wrote:several of the votes were crap (Empking and Kondi)

My vote was crap? Explain.
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:56 am

Post by enomis »

@demyx: I was rereading. Thats why i took out quotes that i missed.

Yea, empking, explain yourself.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:06 am

Post by enomis »

In post 365, kondi2424 wrote:@enomis: Citizen was likely killed because she was obvious town and was a logical poster.

Kondi, how is citizen obvious town? I agree that she was a logical poster and a good one at that. But couldnt that be a pro scum posting? Where did you get that obvious town thing from? (although i have a townread on CK too but mine is not for the logical posting thing). Explain your townread. Is it just because of the logical posting or is it because you are scum so you see her as obvious town. :shifty: :shifty:

Demyx
Demyx
Goon
Demyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Demyx »

In post 365, kondi2424 wrote:@enomis: Citizen was likely killed because she was obvious town and was a logical poster.

Gladly! Let me pull up your activity for this game.
Demyx
Demyx
Goon
Demyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Demyx »

In post 100, kondi2424 wrote:But he voted you for pressure. I smell some OMGUS up in here. You then go on to call him scummy because he didn't unvote you when you answered your question, but he had a new reason to vote you; he thought your strategy was scummy. By the way, you did the same thing. Your new reason to vote him was because he didn't change his vote. VOTE: Delta

This is where you vote Delta. This was fine for the time of day; Delta's vote was pretty clear OMGUS.

In post 192, kondi2424 wrote:
In post 190, Bub Bidderskins wrote:kondi's voting for basically OMGUS reasons

That's only part of the reason I'm voting for him. I'd look again.

I did look again, just now, and no, it was basically OMGUS. Which was fine when you did it, but by this time nearly one hundred posts had gone by and you hadn't offered any opinion on the wagon, anyone other than Delta, etc.

In post 238, kondi2424 wrote:All right, remembering never to give my reads ever again. /sarcasm

You say this sarcastically, but you sure didn't give any reads yesterday.

In post 312, kondi2424 wrote:I'll post my reads tomorrow. My reads completely suck on Day 1, as I'm best at viewing reactions with flipped players.

This is such crap. Lots of people's reads suck on Day One. In fact, I'd say most people's reads suck on Day One, and I'd definitely include my own. The reason for giving reads on Day One is not because you're going to peg all the scum in your D1 reads. It's so, once we get more flips and information, we can go back and look at those reads for evidence of buddying, distancing, etc. The fact that you didn't want to give them after you were asked is pretty telling to me.

So what's crap about your Delta vote was not so much the vote itself, which was valid when you made it, but the fact that you ignored nearly 200 posts that came after and avoided giving any opinion on any player other than "Delta is scummy 'cause OMGUS."

FoS: Kondi
If I had two votes, I'd vote for both Kondi and Empking, but unfortunately I can only vote one at a time!
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:49 am

Post by enomis »

In post 369, Demyx wrote:
In post 100, kondi2424 wrote:But he voted you for pressure. I smell some OMGUS up in here. You then go on to call him scummy because he didn't unvote you when you answered your question, but he had a new reason to vote you; he thought your strategy was scummy. By the way, you did the same thing. Your new reason to vote him was because he didn't change his vote. VOTE: Delta

This is where you vote Delta. This was fine for the time of day; Delta's vote was pretty clear OMGUS.

In post 192, kondi2424 wrote:
In post 190, Bub Bidderskins wrote:kondi's voting for basically OMGUS reasons

That's only part of the reason I'm voting for him. I'd look again.

I did look again, just now, and no, it was basically OMGUS. Which was fine when you did it, but by this time nearly one hundred posts had gone by and you hadn't offered any opinion on the wagon, anyone other than Delta, etc.

In post 238, kondi2424 wrote:All right, remembering never to give my reads ever again. /sarcasm

You say this sarcastically, but you sure didn't give any reads yesterday.

In post 312, kondi2424 wrote:I'll post my reads tomorrow. My reads completely suck on Day 1, as I'm best at viewing reactions with flipped players.

This is such crap. Lots of people's reads suck on Day One. In fact, I'd say most people's reads suck on Day One, and I'd definitely include my own. The reason for giving reads on Day One is not because you're going to peg all the scum in your D1 reads. It's so, once we get more flips and information, we can go back and look at those reads for evidence of buddying, distancing, etc. The fact that you didn't want to give them after you were asked is pretty telling to me.

So what's crap about your Delta vote was not so much the vote itself, which was valid when you made it, but the fact that you ignored nearly 200 posts that came after and avoided giving any opinion on any player other than "Delta is scummy 'cause OMGUS."

FoS: Kondi
If I had two votes, I'd vote for both Kondi and Empking, but unfortunately I can only vote one at a time!

Demyx, you look like you are voting them for bad play rather than finding scum? No?

Demyx
Demyx
Goon
Demyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Demyx »

It would help you to read.

I specifically explained why a scum player might want to avoid giving reads on Day One as they did.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:02 am

Post by enomis »

In post 371, Demyx wrote:It would help you to read.

I specifically explained why a scum player might want to avoid giving reads on Day One as they did.

LOL. I got burned by delta by voting him out because of the scumminess of his bad play. I dont wanna get burned again. But well, lets wait for their response.

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

vote: Empking

Immediately comes out on D-2 and tries to distract scumhunting by putting a vote on a lurker. Town response would be to go right after the mislynch wagon on Delta, but instead he brings up weak reasoning for an old early-game scumread on a lurker. The fact that he started voting off the wagon makes me think that he's got a scumbud on the wagon, most likely Pyro. Demyx' play from D-1 is still scummy, but if he was Emp's scumbud, then Emp would have started attacking on the wagon to distract from Demyx. As it stands now, Empking put an opportunistic vote on a D-1 mislynch wagon, and then tries to cover his ass by putting a weak vote on a lurker off the wagon. Very scummy indeed. So my scumboard looks like this:

empking is scum

Demyx is prob town
Somebody on the wagon is emp's scumbud (I'm thinking pyrodwarf)

empking is town

Demyx is prob scum (from is actions regarding the Delta wagon on D-1)
Scumbud was probably on wagon (again, I'm leaning towards pyrodwarf).
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by Panacea »

D2 Vote Count #1

Pyrodwarf [0]
kondi2424 [0]
Empking's Alt [2] Demyx, Bub Bidderskins