Micro 42: Masquerade Ball (Party's Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Orange mask
Orange mask
Townie
Orange mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Post by Orange mask »

you know what

can we agree that regardless of which of pink/blue is scum, black is probably the buddy?

In post 250, White mask wrote:im voting black mask or red mask today

In post 262, White mask wrote:black mask, why should i vote red

In post 272, White mask wrote:
PS: Black Mask, don't think you aren't in hot water if this lynch is town.

In post 298, maxwell wrote:
White mask has been killed. He was a
Vanilla townie

also that reaction to yellow scumreading him following the fakevig gambit i pointed out earlier still doesn't read town frustration to me - the actual vig reaction is neutral since i probably would have felt the same way but the followup is scummy

i sort of feel like he's the safest lynch here and him disappearing recently doesn't do him any favors

would like yellow's thoughts on why blue/pink is possible though before i do anything, as well as responses from pink and blue
Orange mask
Orange mask
Townie
Orange mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Post by Orange mask »

like the white kill doesn't make sense for anybody but black unless we want to specifically go the "pink mask looks down on yellow and wouldn't kill him" route which is tbh a bullshit reason to avoid killing somebody and i don't think pink is that stuck up.

i know black says he would've shot yellow, but it's not like he's had the chance. n1 green was a claimed power role. n2 white would've been heavy gunning for black the following day and would shed the least amount of light on the pink vs orange/blue/yellow issue

plus it's possible that yellow was the original n1 shot, though i think green just being shot on purpose makes more sense

............... though actually what the fuck am i saying i forgot that there has to be scum between blue/pink on account of no quickhammer

js i feel p strongly about black being the buddy right now
Yellow mask
Yellow mask
Goon
Yellow mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:58 am

Post by Yellow mask »

i agreed orange. if you want to switchover the lynch to black right now i wouldn't feel 2 bad about it. but here's the thing: there hasn't been a blitz and i really hate switching off of lynches with no blitz. but yeah if one person changed to black i'd roll with it.
-
the reason i though blue/pink was possible was because of the way blue omgus'ed, kind of seemed like a planned bus. but after thinking about it i still think black + one of them > them together. if you want me to take the lead because you're being a sissy it's fine. but i'm being a sissy also so~~~~~. i've never actually placed down a vote in lylo as town :(
Black mask
Black mask
Townie
Black mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:36 am

Post by Black mask »

Ok so I've been thinking about the various possible team combinations and this is what I came up with. I'm removing Yellow from consideration here for simplicity's sake because he's pretty much obvious town.

Orange/Pink:
lmao

Pink/Blue:
Initially, I wrote off the theory that Pink was bussing Blue due to the fact that Pink's basically been on Blue's nuts the entire game. However, when I reread, I notice that while Pink parks his vote on Blue, he doesn't really pursue it with as strong a conviction as I normally see from tunneling townies. Furthermore, Blue doesn't really do much to react to the push until now.

Orange/Blue:
This team combination would explain why Yellow is still alive. Yellow's been on Pink since D2 and an Orange/Blue team would want to take advantage of Yellow's FoS in lylo by keeping him alive to misvote.

Looking at the players individually, Blue's ISO is actually the least impressive. He mostly just sheeps others' reasoning and flies under the radar throughout most of the game. While I liked his reaction to being pressured after his "hammer," he's basically disappeared since then. But most importantly, he is the only player I can see on a scum team with anyone here. Hell, even if we were to imagine a world where Yellow is scum,
Blue is the only player that could be his partner.
Furthermore, given the choice between Pink and Orange, I'm having a hard time deciding. Orange does make some good points about Pink's scumhunting in this game but I'm not so sure I can trust him given the weakness of Orange's predecessor. The first Orange basically spent the entire D2 with his vote parked on Pink and doing basically nothing to advance it, maybe expecting an easy ML. So given Blue's extremely lackluster ISO and partner interactions, I'm going to have to swallow a major bullet and vote Blue here.

God, I kind of regret giving him a free pass due to his noobishness but now I actually see it was mostly just a smokescreen to cover his intentions.

VOTE: Blue Mask
Orange mask
Orange mask
Townie
Orange mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:52 am

Post by Orange mask »

xXxXxXx Not A Quickhammer xXxXxXx

waitin on responses from pink and blue still
Orange mask
Orange mask
Townie
Orange mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:05 am

Post by Orange mask »

eh fuck it i'm too tunnelly for the responses to matter

VOTE: Pink mask

black is the "safe lynch" but even if he's scum we're gonna have to decide between blue/pink some time. better to take care of this now
Black mask
Black mask
Townie
Black mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:13 am

Post by Black mask »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Pink Mask
Orange mask
Orange mask
Townie
Orange mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:19 am

Post by Orange mask »

SIGH
Orange mask
Orange mask
Townie
Orange mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:20 am

Post by Orange mask »

well gg & sorry pink / town for being so tunnelly
Black mask
Black mask
Townie
Black mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:20 am

Post by Black mask »

I spent the entire game trying to fake distance from Pink, so lol

Guess my partner~
Black mask
Black mask
Townie
Black mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:21 am

Post by Black mask »

Tbh, I probably would have thought Pink was scum as town, too.
Orange mask
Orange mask
Townie
Orange mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:21 am

Post by Orange mask »

it's pink and you're fucking w/ me

right

;_;
Orange mask
Orange mask
Townie
Orange mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:23 am

Post by Orange mask »

if pink is town it's really only blue or yellow. at the start of d3 i re-read you and went "damn this guy would make total sense as blue's buddy" but decided pink was scummier and it didn't matter. i just don't understand why he kept talking himself up as obvtown pro scumhunter 5000 etc when all he was doing was parking on blue, that was basically what pushed him over everybody else for me as scum since i felt he was overhyping himself

and if yellow was scum then he did a really good job of acting obvtown.
Orange mask
Orange mask
Townie
Orange mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:24 am

Post by Orange mask »

well i guess if it was yellow then there would've been a quickhammer by now so
Orange mask
Orange mask
Townie
Orange mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:25 am

Post by Orange mask »

tbh i feel like i fucked town over by replacing in and i probably did. oh well
Black mask
Black mask
Townie
Black mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:26 am

Post by Black mask »

Oh and White was pretty much a fearkill because he called me out on the coasting.

P-Edit: Not at all. You were obvtown and you did far better at that than your predecessor. Original plan was to have Pink/your slot consume the lylo with bickering and push a case on either of you but you were towntelling so hard that it was near impossible to push a case on you. And like I said, I would have thought Pink was scum as town, too. Don't beat yourself up over it.
Yellow mask
Yellow mask
Goon
Yellow mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:30 am

Post by Yellow mask »

inb4 pink is scum
Yellow mask
Yellow mask
Goon
Yellow mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:30 am

Post by Yellow mask »

okay so when can i start dick-waving
Pink mask
Pink mask
Townie
Pink mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:30 am

Post by Pink mask »

Well, I should've just probably let you and Orange lynch me. I could tell y'all were having trouble reading me. I tried to engage Yellow, but that seemed to piss him off more. So I stepped back, and, although that worked for a while, Orange kind of ramped it back up. I guess my attempt at being cute/funny early on in this game just completely ruined peoples' perception of me from then on out. I couldn't ever seem to get Red/Yellow/Orange (the replacement and the original) to take me seriously. I honestly still don't understand how Blue was able to say "lol whoops ima newb" and that was the end of it. He just
never
did anything to help the town.

The biggest problem I had with the game though is that I didn't know any of the other players in it. I still think the concept is awesome, but it's only awesome if you are playing with people you have experience with. Then you can kind of have fun with the anonymity. Otherwise it's just like playing with a bunch of people you don't know. Mod did well though. Thanks to Orange and Green (and... White, I think?) for replacing in when they did. I've played worse games. gg everyone.
Black mask
Black mask
Townie
Black mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:31 am

Post by Black mask »

In post 367, Yellow mask wrote:okay so when can i start dick-waving

You can start now.

High five bro, you owned.
Pink mask
Pink mask
Townie
Pink mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Pink mask »

Ah, okay. Y'all did well then. Town just tore itself apart it seems. We could've used some power.
Black mask
Black mask
Townie
Black mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:33 am

Post by Black mask »

Yeah, the anonymity allowed me to get away with stuff I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Also, that quickhammer on Purple was really fucked up.
Orange mask
Orange mask
Townie
Orange mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:34 am

Post by Orange mask »

"hey what if the mod made the scumteam black and yellow because of that dumb song" - me to myself when i first started spectating

RIP

yeah i wouldn't have caught yellow. thought he was town all game and couldn't find anything to hang him on reading his iso. i thought that if he was buddies with anybody it was blue, not black.
Black mask
Black mask
Townie
Black mask
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:36 am

Post by Black mask »

I have guesses as to who everyone is but I'll wait for the mod to end the game before I post my notes.

P-Edit: Well, if you had lynched me, Yellow would have had a hard time coming up with an argument for why he was still alive I think.
Yellow mask
Yellow mask
Goon
Yellow mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:37 am

Post by Yellow mask »

can we get identities revealed im interested.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”