Micro 51: Vengeful! (D3)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:20 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 349, rapidcanyon wrote:@ Bo, your last words were that scum was me. What changed your mind?

I don't remember what changed it exactly, but I kinda changed my mind during my PEdit in Post #260, the same time I hammered AcRv. Didn't get a chance to say so. For all I know, that might've changed something in Tierce's subconscious not to lynch Rapid so quickly D3.

But I just read back at interactions on some free time, plus I thought "you know, Rapid's going to get lynched way too easily D3 compared to Hoopla and Tierce...and Tierce is obvtowning so she's town...that gambit wouldn't benefit Rapid GF at all. So why do it?"

And no need to be sorry, Tierce. At least I could help lynch scum D1 regardless of my lynch D2, like I said earlier. :mrgreen:
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:28 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Well, next time any of us are in a game with Hoopla, we know what to do. Lynch Hoopla first. Always.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 342, rapidcanyon wrote:Good game, Hoopla. I started suspecting you when kept buddying me...

In post 344, rapidcanyon wrote:...That's part of the reason I was getting these wierd vibes from Hoopla, lol.

My buddying of you wasn't an overarching plan - it was merely a byproduct of taking an opportunity to attack Tierce. In these sort of games, it's very easy (if the town is actually analysing and not lolwagoning) for one or two players to towntell or be ruled out of a lot of scumteam combos, especially with a player like Tierce who is good at clearing townies, so getting ontop of Tierce before she came after me was pivotal in the event PoE kicks in and it comes down to Hoopla/Tierce at some point. It was essentially damage-control/safeguarding in case things went down that route.

Typically, as long as you're posting reasonably sensible/understandable attacks, the person with the stronger frame of reality absorbs the other and forces them to be reactive - and I think in general, it's on the whole more beneficial to be proactive rather than reactive as scum. You just get into a lot of bad spots if you're reacting instead of instigating. Anyway, as Tierce had her hands full with you, it's a perfect time to attack her, as it makes it difficult for her to come back at me without abandoning you or making it looking like she's attacking everyone - it essentially forces her to be reactive me, which establishes my position in the game as the aggressor and makes me look better in Hoopla/Tierce situations. It also sews chainsaw defense interactions with you by redirecting the game elsewhere, which could be valuable later.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:39 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Yeah, the dynamic was interesting. I omgus too much, it is a flaw in my style. I consciously tried not to do that this game while also trying to figure out who is attacking me for good reasons and who was attacking me for poor reasons. But then Tierce seemed town even while attacking, so I didn't want to attack back. Also, if I attacked Tierce, there was only one way the day was going to go - with me getting lynched. I might have vengekilled her, maybe, maybe not. I am not sure, but if I did, we would have lost the game primarily due to me. I had to figure out a different strategy to increase town's chances of winning - although it didn't work.

I am curious, what would you have done if you were town in my place? i.e., if you were already put on the defensive?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:40 am

Post by Hoopla »

Flail wildly.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:43 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Lol, keeping that in mind for the next game I play with you. :)
YYR
YYR
Goon
YYR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 am

Post by YYR »

In post 57, Tierce wrote:PEdit: No links needed. Then I wonder who the hell is that I'm thinking about re: Vanillaside. I know it's not YYR, but there was someone who replaced out and it's bothering me that I can't remember who it is.

The people who replaced out Day 1 were Seraphim, Matias, and trekker if you're still curious.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:32 am

Post by Tierce »

Thanks. <3 Then it's not the Vanillaside that I'm remembering here. My memory is playing tricks again.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:05 am

Post by AcRv »

When Tierce had me pinned with that logic, I checked my wiki and realised there was no record of me on scum on here. So I knew I could get away with making a "newb" scum mistake, and I was hoping that Bowie would shoot away from Hoopla, preferably me, because I knew that canyon would be lynched over Hoopla or Tierce.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:12 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 358, AcRv wrote:When Tierce had me pinned with that logic, I checked my wiki and realised there was no record of me on scum on here. So I knew I could get away with making a "newb" scum mistake, and I was hoping that Bowie would shoot away from Hoopla, preferably me, because I knew that canyon would be lynched over Hoopla or Tierce.

The fact that's exactly what I predicted
after
I died is fan
freakin
tastic. :P
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:15 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

It was a good play though. I wonder if Bo had lived, if the game would have turned out differently. Hoopla would likely have been lynched.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:27 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 360, rapidcanyon wrote:It was a good play though. I wonder if Bo had lived, if the game would have turned out differently. Hoopla would likely have been lynched.

Agreed, really awesome scum play.

Hoopla probably could've gotten away with it if I lived, considering I'm not very experienced and would probably be easily persuaded to a Rapid lynch eventually, and a following lynch on me.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by AcRv »

The only way it could have gone wrong was if Bowie was lynched first, someone realised what had happened, and then told you to shoot who you were least likely to shoot... but I got pleasantly surprised when I went first, eliminating that possibility. But I was laughing my head of as soon as I voted Hoopla.

This is probably my favourite game I've played (also, coincidentally, my only game for a while), but now I won't be able to do anything like that again without someone going "Oh hey, look at this game!"
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 145, rapidcanyon wrote:Okay, after a 145 pages, I have one solid townread (Tierce). That at least helps narrow down options to Hoopla/Bo or Hoopla/ACRV. I am leaning towards the latter. ACRV-goon, Hoopla-GF.

Ugh, it hurts to see when some of your speculations were correct right down to who is goon/GF but you are able to do nothing about it.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by AcRv »

Yeah, I saw that and thought "let's hope that gets brushed under the carpet"
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by AcRv »

Oh, and good work Hoopla. You were fantastic.

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:48 am

Post by quadz08 »

:nerd:
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”