drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

thanks, ari

contrary to what wraith believes, half the time I make the right calls at end game, half the time I don't - and I like being in control most of the time (didn't this time) and try to play in ways that let me get to end game (not by having bad reads, though, that's never my goal - though sometimes I fake badreads so scum leave me alive)
balance among all things
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i wish you hadn't made your decision based on discouraging angry townplay. it's an impossible crusade and i feel like you did it more because you'd feel better about lynching us and being wrong than not lynching us and letting scum-us win. i get it because i'm just as tempted to take the 'easy' way out of difficult decisions, in a lot of games.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Wraith »

GO TO YOUR SAFE PLACE WRAITH

GO TO YOUR SAFE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN'T GET ANGRY
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

it was definitely more than just that though, if it had just been that I possibly would have...done something else...hard to say

sorry

I seriously love the no-cop in a miller+godfather game, though - it's my kind of modwifom fuckery

fucking BALLS to fakeclaim it as scum too, BALLS I SAY
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

wraith, you were a prime element in my SR of shepard BECAUSE OF YOUR FUCKING FAKECLAIM, so...

I fucking hate town liars so fucking much, it really throws off my analysis, EVERY FUCKING TIME
balance among all things
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 3529, drealmerz7 wrote:wraith, you were a prime element in my SR of shepard BECAUSE OF YOUR FUCKING FAKECLAIM, so...

I fucking hate town liars so fucking much, it really throws off my analysis, EVERY FUCKING TIME

AS OPPOSED TO SCUM LIARS LIKE EMPKING
'
I FUCKING FLIPPED TOWN WHY WOULD YOU SCMREAD SHEPARD FOR TOWNREADING MY CLAIM

WTF PLANET ARE YOU ON
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3528, drealmerz7 wrote:it was definitely more than just that though, if it had just been that I possibly would have...done something else...hard to say

sorry

I seriously love the no-cop in a miller+godfather game, though - it's my kind of modwifom fuckery

fucking BALLS to fakeclaim it as scum too, BALLS I SAY
Thanks!

I was actually quite impressed they went with the Cop Gambit! I never would have expected it, and explicitly didn't give it as a safeclaim so they wouldn't know there wasn't one in the game!

Also, apparently there have only been 13 differently named monarchs, which is whack!

I had to reuse William because I could not exclude William The Conqueror, as that would both be wrong and take away a perfectly decent reason for the Motion Detector, but couldn't have the masons without William of Orange. Therefore I omitted King Stephen. Other than the Williams, I made sure each namesake occurred only once, even in the fakeclaims, to ensure no claim fuckery :)

And sorry if including Elizabeth II confused things! She's reigned for a long time and it seemed wrong to leave her out! Plus, I think the flavours all fit their roles really well. What are people's thoughts on that?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3529, drealmerz7 wrote:wraith, you were a prime element in my SR of shepard BECAUSE OF YOUR FUCKING FAKECLAIM, so...

I thought his fakeclaim was brilliant tbh
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by Tea and Biscuits »

I still thought Emp's claim was most likely fake because why would you ever pair a 1-shot cop with miller/godfather, but the one thing that made me hesitate was just wondering why Empking would think there wouldn't be a cop that would counterclaim him, and I'm still confused by that.

P-Edit: Dreal there are perfectly good, town-motivated reasons to fakeclaim. :L

-- Postie
Hydra of Postie and SuperJack
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@dreal: Let's get real, mate. I mean, seriously .. I AM NOT ANGRY, but HOW ON EARTH did you still SR our slot AFTER I had shown you that we did NOT jump off Titus wagon and kept on pushing it?? Like, I don't really get yours or Shepard's votes on us after that point. What makes you think we'd bus Titus this hard with a way out in Emp's claim, regardless of his alignment? Why would either of you think we'd lynch Titus over Empking in a wold where we were scum and he was town?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

dude, what I said is it messes with my analysis. FROM THE MOMENT YOU DID IT, which was extremely early and unnecessary and destructive, imo, it starts to skew things for me. How people behave towards you, how you behave towards them, what NightActions are taken and why, and more unexplainable nuances that I'm sure you don't even care to hear.

stop being mad, please

T&B, I wholly disagree, town should never lie, imo

it's a game of teamwork and building trust, for me, and any sort of deception from your actual teammates gets in the way of that, regardless of what you might think the benefits are in the shortterm, I view it as selfish and destructive to the team
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 3534, Almost50 wrote:@dreal: Let's get real, mate. I mean, seriously .. I AM NOT ANGRY, but HOW ON EARTH did you still SR our slot AFTER I had shown you that we did NOT jump off Titus wagon and kept on pushing it?? Like, I don't really get yours or Shepard's votes on us after that point. What makes you think we'd bus Titus this hard with a way out in Emp's claim, regardless of his alignment? Why would either of you think we'd lynch Titus over Empking in a wold where we were scum and he was town?
I was TRing you from that point on (after the empking claim), actually. My read on you totally shifted. But then you hammered infinity and I had to re-evaluate the rest of the things you'd done previously which I had previously been SRing you for (the uncalled for VT claim out of the gate combined with what I then viewed as trying to buddy mastina, what I viewed as you trying to set up a mason-lynch agenda for mylo, a handful of things that I kept seeing you say and then NC came in and "damage controlled" it)

and then when I re-evaluate all of that I became confbiased in the WIFOM because I'd totally bus titus as scum if I were in your slot and also scum, seeing them going down and pretty much doomed already from before CK replaced out

clearly I'm still learning to read you
balance among all things
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 3533, Tea and Biscuits wrote:I still thought Emp's claim was most likely fake because why would you ever pair a 1-shot cop with miller/godfather, but the one thing that made me hesitate was just wondering why Empking would think there wouldn't be a cop that would counterclaim him, and I'm still confused by that.

P-Edit: Dreal there are perfectly good, town-motivated reasons to fakeclaim. :L

-- Postie
In post 3534, Almost50 wrote:@dreal: Let's get real, mate. I mean, seriously .. I AM NOT ANGRY, but HOW ON EARTH did you still SR our slot AFTER I had shown you that we did NOT jump off Titus wagon and kept on pushing it?? Like, I don't really get yours or Shepard's votes on us after that point. What makes you think we'd bus Titus this hard with a way out in Emp's claim, regardless of his alignment? Why would either of you think we'd lynch Titus over Empking in a wold where we were scum and he was town?
Because he's confbiased as fuck in every single game and refuses to change. He relies more on his (usually wrong) hunches than logical deduction and it loses the game for town every time.

Like seriously nancy brought up why the 1-shot Cop claim was SO OBVIOUSLY FAKE (because a []iOne-Shot[/i] Cop would be
extremely
detrimental to Town in a scenario with multiple roles that could put out fake result) but only the dead players acknowledged this obvious truth. Living conftown players were too busy saying "OH WHY WOULD A SCUM PLAYER MAKE SUCH AN OBVIOUS FAKECLAIM CLEARLY THIS MEANS HE HAS TO LIVE INSTEAD OF DOOM HIM TO A NECESSARY WIFOM LYNCH GOD"

This is why I will be policy lynching drealmerz in D1 in future games if it is in my power. He refuses to think logically about motivations in favor of the biases he creates early in the game that don't change with new information. So either I hit scum or I eliminate an anti-town element.
Show

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Not Chara »

here's a tidbit for reading us in the future.
i don't damage control Almost. that's not how we hydra, especially when we're scum. i respect his game. i'm just the nervous one. :P
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by Wraith »

Like I'm 99% sure at this point that drealmerz just generally doubts everything I say because he knows I have an inherent hostility toward his posts at this point.

It doesn't matter what my alignment is to him he just thinks I'm lying from the start either way.
Show

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 3531, Aristophanes wrote: And sorry if including Elizabeth II confused things! She's reigned for a long time and it seemed wrong to leave her out! Plus, I think the flavours all fit their roles really well. What are people's thoughts on that?
mods prerogative

I wasn't even sure, even with all of the flips, that everyone was monarchy-level royalty, I very much thought there could be dukes or lords in the setup
balance among all things
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by Wraith »

WHEN HAVINGFITZ FLIPPED A MONARCH AFTER FAKECLAIMING A NON-MONARCH IS WAS FUCKING OBVIOUS ALL TOWN PLAYERS WERE HISTORICAL MONARCHS

ARGH THIS SHIT IS [REDACTED]
Show

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 3539, Wraith wrote:Like I'm 99% sure at this point that drealmerz just generally doubts everything I say because he knows I have an inherent hostility toward his posts at this point.

It doesn't matter what my alignment is to him he just thinks I'm lying from the start either way.
uhh, no

and I don't lose the game 'every single time' - seriously, and my logical deduction is quite good, I'm actually quite good at logical deduction

geebus, man, relax
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 3538, Not Chara wrote:here's a tidbit for reading us in the future.
i don't damage control Almost. that's not how we hydra, especially when we're scum. i respect his game. i'm just the nervous one. :P
great to know (:
balance among all things
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by Not Chara »

and now we roll scum in a game with dreal and fuck with him.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 3541, Wraith wrote:WHEN HAVINGFITZ FLIPPED A MONARCH AFTER FAKECLAIMING A NON-MONARCH IS WAS FUCKING OBVIOUS ALL TOWN PLAYERS WERE HISTORICAL MONARCHS

ARGH THIS SHIT IS [REDACTED]
maybe obvious to you

I don't make such assumptions, eh?

btw who was extremely opposed to the havingfitz lynch? who deduced that titus was godfather? get over your vehemence towards me, please
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 3544, Not Chara wrote:and now we roll scum in a game with dreal and fuck with him.
looking forward to it
balance among all things
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 3542, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 3539, Wraith wrote:Like I'm 99% sure at this point that drealmerz just generally doubts everything I say because he knows I have an inherent hostility toward his posts at this point.

uhh, no

and I don't lose the game 'every single time' - seriously, and my logical deduction is quite good, I'm actually quite good at logical deduction

geebus, man, relax
Jesus dude, you scumread AC for "hopping off" the Titus wagon D3 and then approached the game in D4 from that perspective EVEN THOUGH BOTH PLAYERS WHO DID SO HAD LITERALLY FLIPPED TOWN BY THAT POINT AND THE PERSON YOU ACCUSED OF DOING SO HAD NEVER "HOPPED OFF" THE TITUS WAGON

YOU FUCKED UP YOUR LOGICAL DEDUCTION BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T BOTHER READING. IT LITERALLY TOOK ME TWENTY MINUTES TO TRIPLE-CHECK IF MY HUNCH THERE WAS RIGHT AND YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE AND LOST THE FUCKING TOWN THE GAME
Show

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

uhh, no, that's not what happened, they corrected me and I re-corrected for it...and then continued on with my analysis and reflection

calm the F down
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

that was really only a momentary brainfart that I readily corrected for
balance among all things