Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:27 am

Post by Phoebus »

Ai!
I'm too lazy to look those things up. Especially in the midst of study time. :P
And now...when/where did Thoth claim to be vigi and then prove it? :?

*goes off to look for all posts by Thoth*
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:28 am

Post by Phoebus »

Heh. Quick! (Sorry about the double post! :oops: )
I see. That explains two kills. Hmm. Spork - not doc, then? (presumably) last mason?
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:44 am

Post by Thoth »

Interesting. That would mean that Spork is the last mason and Phoebus the doc. Or we have no doc and then it's an easy vote for our claimed backup doc.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:54 am

Post by Cadmium »

spork76 wrote:oh ya i'm replacing otaku and i'm not the doc
Yeah, I knew that! I was hoping for an ignorant last mafia member. Oh well, no more chance of him not knowing who the doc is now.

I figured I'd keep up yesterday's performance by Thoth, hence the wink after "my point of view" in my previous post. What I don't get is that he acts like he didn't know that I switched them.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:05 am

Post by Cadmium »

Sorry for the double post.
Thoth wrote:Or we have no doc and then it's an easy vote for our claimed backup doc.
I'm getting more and more curious here!

If there is no doc, than that would mean that
both
Phoebus and Fuldu are mafia. Also, I know that Fuldu doesn't have a gun. What are you trying to do here?

FOS: Thoth
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:42 am

Post by Thoth »

If Phoebus is not a doc that does not mean Phoebus is Mafia. He can be any other role. If Phoebus is not a doc though, we don't have a doc as everyone else has claimed. In that case it looks to me that the player that claimed back-up doc made a bad choice claiming to be a backup to a role that is not in the game. That would be an easy lynch in my opinion, unless we consider Corsato evil enough to put a backup doc in the game and no real doc.

As I expect Phoebus to be the doc that scenario will most likely not happen of course.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:40 pm

Post by Cadmium »

After checking with the mod, I found out I misinterpreted the result. It says that r0ver doesn't own a gun.

Let's go over the facts:
  • Fuldu doesn't own a gun, meaning he is a nurse.
  • r0ver doesn't own a gun, meaning he is a cowardly reporter.
  • Unless someone thinks that the mod put a backup doc in the game without a normal doc, Phoebus is a doc.
  • Unless someone thinks that the mod put a two-person mason in the game, spork76 is a mason.
  • Unless someone thinks that the mod gave the last mafia group one extra night kill (as Phoebus suggested), Thoth is a one-time vigilante.
This leaves us with the silent speaker. With already both a backup doc and a normal doc in the game, I don't find it likely that there is a security guard too (the claim also is too powerful, both a doc and a neighbourhood watch in one role).

Vote: the silent speaker

This should win us the game. If not, the mod gave the last mafia group one extra night kill and we lynch Thoth tomorrow.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:07 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Not to put too fine a point on it, but there is another possibility that Cadmium failed to mention, namely that Cadmium is scum stringing us along. Even if there's only one scum left, they have an extra day kill, we should remember, so Cadmium's lynch tss, then lynch Thoth plan would be a win for him if he's scum. 7 today, 5 tomorrow, 3 the following day, quick day kill leads to 1 town + 1 scum and scum win. If there's more than one scum left (unlikely but not impossible), a mistake today would be the end. I'm willing to take that risk, but I think a better plan is to lynch tss today and if that doesn't do it, lynch Cad tomorrow. If the mod gave Thoth an extra kill last night, my guess is it replaced his day kill, so we could still kill him third safely. The same wouldn't be true of Cadmium.

unvote: rOver; vote tss
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:13 pm

Post by Thoth »

This seems like a good case against tss. Before going with that though I want confirmation from Phoebus that he is indeed the doc. The last sentence in his last post makes me wonder a bit about that.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:34 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Fuldu wrote:Not to put too fine a point on it, but there is another possibility that Cadmium failed to mention, namely that Cadmium is scum stringing us along.
What!?! I clear you when everyone is attacking you and this is what I get ;)?

But you're right, if I have to sacrifice myself for you guys to be absolutely sure of a win, that's what I should do. It doesn't matter to me, as long as it guaranties a town win.

So, we lynch tss today. If he's innocent, you lynch me tomorrow (my ability is useless now anyway) and I turn out to be innocent. Then you lynch Thoth the day after that and we still win the game :).
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 pm

Post by Phoebus »

vote: tss
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:33 am

Post by the silent speaker »

By my count I'm one off a lynch. A few final thoughts:
1. I'm not the mafia assassin. I'm really not... I'm the mafia doctor. We didn't have an assassin.
1. Phoebus, did you protect Cadmium last night? I'm curious if it would have made a difference had I chosen to kill him before he could work out the deal with me.
2. Worst. Day 1. EVAR.
Vote: the silent speaker.
Well played all.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:21 am

Post by Phoebus »

the silent speaker wrote: 1. Phoebus, did you protect Cadmium last night? I'm curious if it would have made a difference had I chosen to kill him before he could work out the deal with me.
Yes.

Yay town?
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:35 pm

Post by Thoth »

Yeah us :D .
Recky
Recky
Goon
Recky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:31 pm

Post by Recky »

*rises from the dead and does a little dance*
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:40 am

Post by Phoebus »

zombie?!

I'm terribly confused!
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:33 am

Post by Corsato »

And so the town decides to lynch TSS with no hesitation. TSS himself is so surprised by the town's quick actions that he decides to string himself up.
Just before he dies he confesses everything..........

TSS, Mafia Bodyguard, is lynched. Game over, congrats to the town, and thank you all for playing.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:36 am

Post by Corsato »

I have just enough time to post the whole setup. I guess most of it is in the open already.

You are the mafia, scumbags with only one goal: kill everyone in town.
Werebear : Godfather Guiseppe Berloni, you will not be found guilty by cops.
The Silent Speaker : Mafia Bodyguard Carlo Berloni, you can protect one of your buddy's every night, to do so send me a name. That player can not be killed.
CoolBot : Mafia Antonio Berloni, you are just a normal mafia.

Every night you can send me a name, and that person will be killed.
Please confirm by replying to this PM and send me your first night choice.

-------------------------
You are the mafia, scumbags with only one goal: kill everyone in town.
Dragon Phoenix : Godfather Fabricio Caprucci, you will not be found guilty by cops.
Yggdrasil : Assassin Luciano Caprucci, you can perform a daytime kill once. To do so, send me the name of the player you want dead. Day will continu after your action.
dragonmaster : Mafia Silvio Caprucci, you are just a normal mafia.

Every night you can send me a name, and that person will be killed.

Fuldu : Nurse (stand-in doc)
You are a nurse, a stand-in doc. Whenever the real doc dies, you take over.
I will let you know when that happens.
Please confirm by replying to this PM.

Someone : Doc
You are doc, capable of protecting someone every night. To do so, send me a name. Please confirm by replying to this PM and send me your first night choice.

NanookTheWolf : Daytime vigilante
You are a normal townie, except for one thing. Once in the game, you can kill someone during daytime, to do so PM me a name. You could say you are a daytime vigilante. Day will continu after the killing took place.

Thoth : Nighttime vigilante
You are a normal townie, except for one thing. Once in the game, you can kill someone during nighttimetime, to do so PM me a name. You could say you are a vigilante.
Please confirm by replying to this PM and send me your first night choice, if you wish to use your ability.

r0ver : Cowardly Reporter
You are a cowardly reporter. Every night you can either choose to hide in the newsroom (you coward:)), or go out and check a players house to see if they are at home, or performing a night activity. You are not allowed to hide in the
newsroom on two consecutive nights.

Phoebus : Magician
You are a magician. You have the ability to completely mess up all night choice once in this game. Choice made by players will be carried out, but on someone else's target.

Let's say A targets B, C targets D and D targets A. If you use your ability, the result might be A targetting D, D targetting B and C targetting A. All abilities will be carried out on the newly acquired victim.

Please confirm by replying to this PM and send me your first night choice, if you wish to use your ability.

Cadmium : Gunsmith
You are a gunsmith. Every night you search through your records to find out who owns a gun. To do so, send me the name of the player you wish to look up in your records.

Leonidas : Cop (sane)
You are a cop. Send me a name, and I will tell you whether or not they are scum.

sycko999 : Cop (naive)
You are a cop. Send me a name, and I will tell you whether or not they are scum.

Otaku376 : Deputy
You are the deputy. The Deputy can choose, at any time after one Cop has died, to recieve the results of one dead Cop's investigations. To do so, send me the name of the dead cop you wish to see the results of.

JDTay : Business man
You are a business man. Every odd night you are out of town, and cannot be killed.

nard054 : Mason
PopsicleStix : Mason
Flying Dutchman : Mason

You are masons, and know eachother to be innocent. Other then that you have no special ability.
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.
spork76
I didn't get a role.
I didn't get a role.

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:34 pm

Post by spork76 »

yay :roll:
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:17 pm

Post by Thoth »

Thanks for the game Corsato. A pity that the Magician died Night 1. I would have loved to see him in action.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:01 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Yay, town :D!!

Great game as always, Corsato! You really had us fooled with the daytime vigilante/assassin couple.

Thoth, nice work with the mason/doc thing. At first I thought that it would be way too obvious but then I decided to try it anyway and follow your lead. And it did work, since Phoebus was alive and kicking the next day.

Did you really miss that "doc claim", the silent speaker? I figured you went after FD because you knew him to be a mason or doc and because you thought that Phoebus was a mason. And was your claim just a lucky guess or did you suspect me of being a gunsmith?
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:56 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Great game as always, Corsato! You really had us fooled with the daytime vigilante/assassin couple.
-x-
Thoth, nice work with the mason/doc thing. At first I thought that it would be way too obvious but then I decided to try it anyway and follow your lead. And it did work, since Phoebus was alive and kicking the next day.
Was that intentional on Thoth's part? I let it slip by hoping to catch someone in a lie. Ah well. It ended well.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:14 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Did you really miss that "doc claim", the silent speaker? I figured you went after FD because you knew him to be a mason or doc and because you thought that Phoebus was a mason.
Yes on both counts. I saw Phoebus make a non-claim and then the assumption that the non-claim was of mason, but I bought into it even though I didn't really see why being a mason meant he should lurk. (I don't see why being a doc would mean he should lurk, either, but that's beside the point.) So I went for FD figuring if he's the doc, splendid, and if he's the other mason, I can't afford for a two-mason endgame anyway or I'm just as dead.
As far as my claim goes, I wanted something that looked like the role I really had; easier to keep straight that way. (I actually
did
send in Leonidas's name night 2, since I no longer had mafia buddies to protect, but I was told I could only protect my mafia buddies, no freelance work. When I said I sent in sycko's name, that was a lie, but one consistent with my previous play, so I felt I ought to make it.) When you said your "You'll find out why I believe you later" bit, I figured you were an investigative role that had found something that hinted at my being mafia doc. I let you live that night because you had apparently already investigated me, so I was safe on that score. I hadn't thought of gunsmith specifically, but then I don't think I've been in many games with one.
Incidentally, I think the Security Guard would be an interesting role to actually have in a game, so if anyone wants to use it, you're welcome to.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:13 am

Post by Corsato »

The game could've been more interesting if mafia wouldn't have started with killing eachother. :)

Anyway, thank you all for playing.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”