mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:08 am

Post by mole »

After a heated argument, followed by an eerie silence, followed by another heated argument, DoomCow has been lynched. And a little child somewhere puts all of his posessions into a small bag--he's off to the orphanage.

DoomCow (Mom) has been lynched.
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:27 am

Post by mole »

Um, scratch that last part about the kid and the orphanage.

HM, Child, has been killed in a rather grisly incident accompanied by the radio playing
Silent Night
Last edited by mole on Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:36 am

Post by Dmi »

So it's down to me, MeMe, and DP.
First off, I want my song played.
Second, either those freaking masons are scum or there's something weird going on because we didn't get any scum. Unless both of you are SKs.

So, what did you two submit yesterday?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:40 am

Post by MeMe »

I protected myself last night and I think I know what DP's choice was.

Mod
:
Is
there a song to play?

It's either one remaining baddie (scum or SK) or one mafia & one SK (in which case, I can't win).
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:41 am

Post by Dmi »

I'm leaning towards MeMe because from Day One, she's been hurting the town, her enemies die or get lynched. I think she killed HM.

Unless both of you are scum, in which case, a No Lynch would be best for me.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:58 am

Post by MeMe »

Dmi - I'd think it'd be
clear
to you that HM's the last person I'd want dead overnight if I were indeed evil. If he'd remained alive, both you and DP seemed to trust me over him and it would've been an easy matter to get him lynched under suspicion of being partnered with DoomCow (who, if we had two mafia left yesterday, had to have BEEN mafia).

Also, "hurting the town"? It's apparent to me that we've had no evil alignments revealed, so how do you know which of my dead "enemies" were actually town? The only ones we know for sure are Fuldu & roland -- who certainly weren't my "enemies." The skeptic in me is quite interested in the fact that you seem to have noted those with whom I've argued and have aligned yourself with me against them...and maybe taken them out overnight??

Anyway, you seem eager to apply blame this morning...and have been equally willing to take advantage of my "nice" investigation result on you as long as it suited you. I'm more than a little confused, but am considering the possibility of you being a godfather.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:18 am

Post by MeMe »

Oh - and another thing - if I were evil I could've also just said that I investigated DP last night and found him "naughty." Based on your willingness to vote him/Xanthe yesterday, it would've been a pretty safe ploy (though not as safe as keeping HM alive and saying I'd found
him
naughty).

Anyway - I
do
need to hear from DP for verification.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:50 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I delivered a card from HM to MeMe. No particular reason to choose these two names. I have been so absorbed in getting on speed with the thread and the MeMe/Doomcow situation that I did not find out whether there is any significance to my choices.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:59 am

Post by Dmi »

MeMe wrote:Dmi - I'd think it'd be
clear
to you that HM's the last person I'd want dead overnight if I were indeed evil.
Because he would provide plenty of reasons why you would be scum in his mind.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:07 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

OK, here's my take on the situation.

There are still no announced dead scum, so I think we can safely conclude that some of the dead are scum, and that alignment is indeed not revealed.

The most likely candidates for the scumbags is for me still the mason family pop, mom and kid. In which case we are now left with a lone killer, who indeed would have every reason to eliminate the last mafia member. If that scenario is true, MeMe is in the clear (role blocked night 1).

Which leads me to deduce that Dmi is scum.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:19 am

Post by Dmi »

Ah, so you think I'm an SK, which means MeMe would've found me guilty.

So - HM tried to kill MeMe last night, but she selfprotected and instead was killed by DP or me. Which means that DP and I will be voting each other and it's gonna be up to MeMe.

On the bright side, the town can't lose because MeMe will selfprotect every night while the SK will try to kill her.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:47 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Dmi wrote:Ah, so you think I'm an SK, which means MeMe would've found me guilty.
Um, no. Unless I'm missing something, but a cop normally gets an INNOCENT on checking a serial killer.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:54 am

Post by MeMe »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:I delivered a card from HM to MeMe.
This was the verification I was looking for. I didn't want to just come out and say "I got a card" and assume that meant you sent it (since, for all I know, it was mod generated). I thought it best for you to give the "from" and "to" so I could be sure you knew them without me feeding you the information.

This is odd, to me...
Dmi wrote:On the bright side, the town can't lose because MeMe will selfprotect every night while the SK will try to kill her.
A couple posts up, you were "leaning against" me and now you're saying that the town can't lose since I can stay alive. I think that speaks volumes.

I'm not interested in a no-lynch at all because, if only one of you is bad, that would mean a definite draw for the town. I'd rather attempt the outright town win and settle for a draw tomorrow if you're
both
scum.

Dmi - I can't imagine I won't be voting for you. You're welcome to try to talk me out of it, though. I'll wait a couple of hours at least.

And DP - really? I've always assumed a regular SK shows up guilty unless given a specific perk to prevent it.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:00 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

And DP - really? I've always assumed a regular SK shows up guilty unless given a specific perk to prevent it.
Not in my games, and in many other games I played in. Then again, things are not quite normal in this game.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:03 pm

Post by MeMe »

Good to know for future reference.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:11 pm

Post by mole »

Sorry about the incomplete death scene. I had to write it quickly and get to class.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:32 pm

Post by MeMe »

Um...hmmm. I'm not sure what to make of that. DP has verified his claimed ability to my satisfaction -- but the fact that mole made sure to correct the scene so that it includes a song makes me wonder what's up. Either it was a mod error or Dmi pointed out how damaging the lack of consistency would be for his role claim and mole complied. I have to say I'd be much more impressed with the change if you'd told us what the song would be
before
mole posted it, Dmi...if you knew it, why didn't you?

I'm also wondering why you haven't tried to talk me out of voting for you. You're in the US so it's been afternoon & evening since I stated my thoughts on which way I was probably going to vote -- times that you've been available before.

Since mole has amended the scene, I'll wait until at least the morning to give you time to explain before voting you. If I'd be making a mistake, please
try
to convince me of it!
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:04 am

Post by Dmi »

Silent Night. I thought that the town would lose overnight and then everything would be silent. I thought it would fit. And it's also on that list. Do you really think that FD and mole would all be choosing songs from one album?

When I first looked at the game yesterday I was very confused. At first, I suspected you because everything seemed like it didn't add up. I didn't analyze enough. This is my first endgame where there's no info about who the scum is exactly (in your newbie game, I had info that suckerpunch was scum, this is different)Later, I got what happened, that DP killed HM, who in turn tried to kill you, but you selfprotected. And that mason=mafia thing makes sense.

Also, DP's ability may be a compensation to help him survive. Then again, the same could be said about me.

As for saying what the song was, I thought that would just seem like unfair somehow; in my role pm, FD told me not to do anything that could make my ability modproven.

And Xanthe behaved yesterday as if she was split between going with the mafia and the town. Doesn't seem like protown behaviour to me.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:10 am

Post by Dmi »

Dmi wrote:Do you really think that FD and mole would all be choosing songs from one album?
And that I just happened to come upon that album?
I just didn't want getting an unfair advantage or being modkilled.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:22 am

Post by MeMe »

Alright - I just did a search for the songs and I can only find two albums that contain all four songs (Temptations and Supremes) so I'm, once again, inclined to believe that you are choosing the songs...which means that the songs and the cards can't be used as alignment signifiers.

I am
very
distrustful of DP's assertion that SK usually turns up guilty when investigated. That's something that never comes up when I've been involved in discussions of what an innocent investigation might signify. It's always assumed that the person investigated is either innocent or the godfather...or that any other inconsistency would be due to the sanity of the cop, not the role being investigated. Postal workers are famous for being unstable here in the US -- I wonder if that's true in the Netherlands?
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:28 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Well, I cannot vouch for every other mod. I just told you what happens in my games and the games I have been in, the latter as far as I remember. See also

http://www.geocities.com/gldragonphoeni ... ators.html
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:42 am

Post by MeMe »

Alright. Going with my gut.

vote: Dmi
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:22 am

Post by MeMe »

unvote: Dmi

Just had a brainstorm. I'm wondering if the card
sender
always dies (as HM did last night)...I'll check in a while, gotta be away for the next hour or so, but did anyone claim to receive a card and know who sent it before I just did?

Have I mentioned how much I *HATE* no-reveal games?
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:42 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Nope. Did not happen.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:52 am

Post by MeMe »

OK - I've checked the card claims.

Xanthe claimed the first three nights, DP the fourth:

1. rolandofthewhite to Fuldu --
Fuldu never mentioned anything about cards or mail...but this was pre-claim.

2. Electra to Stewie --
Stewie wrote:I don't know anything about me sending or recieving cards, or about roland or fuldu recieving cards.
Stewie wrote:Actually, I'm really sorry about this -- but there is a part of my pm that could confirm Xante's claim, but it was so small that I forgot about it. It said that I did not open my mail for the same reason as to why I did not get results, so we can assume that Xante is not mafia, or that she's mafia with the ability to send mail on the side.

3. Dmi to DoomCow--
Xanthe wrote:
DoomCow wrote:As for Xanthe and Dmi, I didn't say anything about them in my last post, since I did get a mail last night. But since it was an advertisement from the local radio station I ripped it apart.
I sent a card from Dmi to DoomCow last night, so this seems right.
4. HairyMezican to MeMe -- my PM said I got a card AND named HM as the sender.

None of the named senders have ever claimed knowledge of sending out cards. I don't understand Xanthe's reply to DoomCow above -- why would she think that ripping apart a radio advertisement would "seem right"? Although, in her defense, no one had come forward with confirmation of her role, so it's possible she just didn't know what the notification looked like...but she had earlier said (when she claimed)...
Xanthe wrote:I don't know for sure if anyone can confirm my role, but I think it's likely. The person I delivered a card to last night is alive and well, as is the sender, and my role PM makes it clear that I am an
efficient
mailman, and the card definitely arrives. I have no knowledge of the actual effects of delivering a card.
She claimed that her PM assures her that a card arrives, but then acts as though DoomCow's radio advertisement is good enough...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”