Mini 183: Quick and the Dead - Town Wins!

_Obelix_
_Obelix_
Goon
_Obelix_
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:16 am

Post by _Obelix_ »

My vote is already on Coron, so there is no need for me to add anything else now. Claim or die
Record of all my games here:
(Wiki page under construction)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:36 pm

Post by mathcam »

Coron wrote:There are times when it might be valuable to town, for instance I can't really defend the standing of my character as a good guy, or as the specific role I was placed at except for research(lazy) and whatever the mod gives me(not garunteed).
If this is the case, say so as a disclaimer before claiming. We may or may not believe you, but hey, coping with roles that are hard to sell as pro-town is part of the game.
Coron wrote: Also, it is valuable to me, do you lynch IS for being IS? If not then why would you lynch Coron for being Coron?
Certainly, if he's impeding town process, as you're doing now. Note that we've let you slide pretty far this game maintaining your veil of secrecy, so to claim that we're lynching Coron for being Coron is somewhat excessively melodramatic.
Coron wrote: PS- this policy is staying whether you like it or not.
Shadow pretty much nailed this one on the head...if I said "I'm not going to post anything but the letter A from now on, and nothing you can do will change this", then not only would I
expect
people to knock this habit out of me, I also wouldn't be surprised if I stopped being invited to play in games altogether.

Cam
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:05 pm

Post by Coron »

*currently searching for hard evidence that this has been his policy*
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:07 pm

Post by Coron »

Coron wrote:Just so you all know, I will not claim(a character or name) in this game as I do not know the theme.
In alias mafia sign up in January I think.

There now there is something you can base this off of that this isn't just me making this shit up on the spot, happy?
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:10 am

Post by Mgm »

Suit yourself
Confirm vote: Coron
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:53 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

as much as I'd like to vote for coron for being an idiot, i have notice that he tends to be more willing to claim as scum, so I think I believe that he's protown. Don't know who'd be a better lynch, though, so I'm at an impasse. :/
Permanent V/LA.
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:56 pm

Post by The Shadow »

Fine, I'll give an alternative: We lynch Mathcam.
Corpses designed with you in mind
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:25 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, I guess that makes my next move easier. I had decided that the first to let off of Coron to pursue a different target would get a huge FOS in my book, and the fact that he went after
me
is just icing on the proverbial case.
FOS: Shadow

Oh, wait a minute...are you claiming to have killed Zippy, Shadow?

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:25 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, I guess that makes my next move easier. I had decided that the first to let off of Coron to pursue a different target would get a huge FOS in my book, and the fact that he went after
me
is just icing on the proverbial cake.
FOS: Shadow

Oh, wait a minute...are you claiming to have killed Zippy, Shadow?

Cam
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:31 am

Post by The Shadow »

That's right. And I'm still perfectly willing to go after Coron. But since nobody seemed interested in adding another vote, I decided to go with plan B.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:35 am

Post by mathcam »

I take back my FOS, then. Shadow seems pretty cleared.

I say we finish off Coron.

Cam
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:37 am

Post by The Shadow »

You and MoS are the ones not voting for Coron. Feel free to vote him anytime.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:38 am

Post by mathcam »

:oops: I could have sworn...

Vote: Coron
to finish the day.

Cam
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:14 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I think mathcam is scum.
vote: mathcam
Permanent V/LA.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:37 pm

Post by mathcam »

:roll:
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:45 pm

Post by Coron »

Heh, I'm lynched I guess, town are idiots. G'night.
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:23 pm

Post by The Shadow »

Couldn't possibly be your fault, could it? Don't trip over the sarcasm on your way out.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:07 pm

Post by Coron »

I did everything I could, I provided proof this isn't just a one time thing even. But nooooo you had to go and lynch me.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:07 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Coron did everything in his power to prove to you guys that he was nothing more then innocent, and nothing more then mafia was he as he was Ratsy (mafia goon) .. Good Job town, Now just get them choices in please
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:41 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

A fierce battle takes place in the night .. It starts off with Mathcam taking a shot at The Shadow without him looking, but little did Mathcam know that Mastermind was there to protect Shadow, and so nothing was done. TheShadow returned the favor though and shot Mathcam dead .. of whom was our last outlaw member left (Foy)

TOWN WINS!

I do sincerely apologize to you guys on my modding skills in this game. I definately learned some things to do with this setup and hopefully will be able to take the dueling concept further in future games. Also, the mishap with Puzzle was a shame, and I take on full responsibility for that. Thank god he was as good of a sport as he was ..

Here were the roles,

1 - (Zippy) You are John Herod the Mafia Godfather. You own this town and all of the residents that live in it fear your quick draw. You and your fellow outlaws want to make sure that it stays that way as well. So, you've decided to throw a quick draw competition. If you are challenged to a duel during the day you will automatically win, but if you yourself are challenged then the winner will be determined otherwise.

Your Fellow Outlaws are Ratsy (Coron) and Foy (Mathcam) who will help you achieve what you hope to be victory. Neither of them have any special abilities. You are immune to any night investigations and win the competition when the rest of the town has perished.

2 - (Coron) You are Ratsy, a pitiful outlaw you are .. You and Foy (Mathcam) basically are just taking orders from John Herod (Zippy). You carry no special abilities, just make sure the job gets done. (takes responsibility of gf if gf is killed)

3 - (Mathcam) You are Foy, a pitiful outlaw you are .. You and Ratsy (Coron) basically are just taking orders from John Herod (Zippy). You carry no special abilities, just make sure the job gets done. (if last one standing, takes on the dueling immunity ..)

4 - (Puzzle) You are Ellen aka "The Lady". You have come to this town for one reason and one reason only, to get your revenge. When you were younger an outlaw had hung your daddy, and it were up to you to save him. The outlaw gave you three shots to shoot the rope that was hanging him, but on the first shot instead you shot your daddy. After that you decided to ready yourself for what hopes to be your revenge. Let's hope you get it. You have no special abilities so basically you are a townie.
Mod Note: If/When this role is claimed, The lady will become a sk trying to stop everyone in her way .. Took effect Day 1.

5 - (Peacebringer) You are Cort. You are the preacher that was dragged into this fight. You once were an outlaw, but had left all of that behind you to instead follow the lord. You have no choice but to fight though, and hopefully you'll be able to make it to the end. You are a townie.

6 - (Mgm) You're the kid. Your father runs this town, and now you believe that you can do better. You own your own little shop and sell a lot of rifles. You've learned the quick draw from your old man, and hope to take his place after this competition, you are a townie.

7 - (Squareknight) You are the Bartender. Just a lonely character wrapped up in all of this mess. You've gathered all of the fighters for this competition and offered free drinks to all of them. Each night you can choose a fighter to talk to. From the conversation you will know whether that person is truly an outlaw, or just another civilian going for the money.

8 - (Mastermind of Sin) You're "Doc Wallace". I'll take it that the role is pretty explanatory. Each night you can save one of these pitiful soles from being killed. You win with the town.

9 - (Axelrod) You are "Spotted Horse". You are the only Native american in this duel and you bring on quite a show. Your body full of bullets and yet you're still alive. With this power, you are immune to one duel. Meaning if you fight in a duel you will be unbeatable. There is only one fighter who can penetrate this one time immunity, so beware of that. Otherwise you are flawless. You win with the town.

10 - (Myopia) You are Ace Hanlon. You present yourself as a pretty gifted fighter. You can even shoot through an apple that a little girl is holding and not miss. You are just like everyone else, you want the money, and you think you can get it .. Let's see if that is true. You are a townie.

11 - (The Shadow) Hey there Sgt. Clay Cantrell is your name, and business is your game. You've been hired by the town to take out the outlaws. Each night submit me the name of a person who you wish to kill, and if there is no one, please submit a no kill as your choice. You are a vigilante. You are on the side of the town.

12 - (_Obelix_) Eugene Dred is your name. You signed up for this competition for the money, let's hope you make it that far as you are only a townie.
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:02 pm

Post by The Shadow »

Ah. Good deal.
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:14 pm

Post by The Shadow »

This is probably a bad time to ask, but...eh...who gets the money?
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:37 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Nice shot Shadow. :D
I really, really wanted to Duel someone. And then those bastards killed me. Oh well.
Too bad about the thing with Puzzle. That kind of sucked. Otherwise it was an interesting set-up. We sure had bad luck on the duels that did happen though.

Good game everyone!
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:05 pm

Post by Myopia »

I knew mathcam was scum :)

Thought my role implied above average duelling abilities. Pity it was just flavour text :)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:06 pm

Post by mathcam »

Yeah, I thought that might be coming. Oh well. Thanks for the game, Nanook!

Cam

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”