CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:12 am

Post by CoolBot »

The thing about the Nanook is scum theory, how to explain the events of Night 3? Someone was protected that night, and my shield was the only protection the town had. I gave Nanook the shield. So unless the mafia attacked their own, I don't see Nanook as scum.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:14 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

How would I know that EPR was a mason with Morpheus if I posted my results before Morpheus did?...I don't recall them saying that they were masons before that...unless I have missed something AGAIN.

Either way, I can't sit here and investigate anyone really without knowing their weapon before hand since most everone has stated what their weapon is. The only way that I can prove otherwise is to investigate someone who hasn't said what their weapon is, which is pretty hard to do. I don't know if DS said his, but that could be my next investigation...if I remain alive.
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:05 am

Post by Prizm »

Gaspode: The fact remains that Nanook knew what all of the weapons investigated were, since no one came forward to contradict him.

Your obsession with getting Nanook lynched has led me to believe that you are scum, sir.

vote: Gaspode
"But good is not a thing of perception. What is 'good' in one culture cannot be 'evil' in another. This might be true of mores and minor practices, but not of virtue. Virtue is absolute."
-Drizzt Do'Urden
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:17 am

Post by Morpheus »

Yes, I find you the top suspect gaspode.
vote gaspode
Yeah..
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:01 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Your obsession with getting Nanook lynched has led me to believe that you are scum, sir.
Obessession?
You call two posts an obsession? He replied with one post that didn't even refute all my arguments, so I pointed that out and didn't lift my vote. That makes me obsessed? If anything, the town has an obsession with lynching me. I haven't done anything suspicious, yet I'm constantly being voted.

All I'm doing is trying to find the least-confirmed people in the game and/or those who have been acting most suspicious. Now, I've had an insanely busy weekend, so I haven't had time to search through things perfectly. Plus, it seems like everyone in the town besides DS and me are somewhat confirmable, so it's pretty hard to pick out who's lying, but I know one or two of you must be scum. I'm just doing my best, because I know we'll lose if you lynch me. It seems like you all just want me to give up and say "I'm scum", and for some reason, not doing that is making me suspicious. Unfortunately, it looks like the logical best play for most of you would be to lynch me, as I have no practical way of confirming my role. I guess we should just resign ourselves to a town loss.

unvote: Nanook
, as CoolBot's pretty much confirmed him. Anyone else have any ideas for a change? I'm trying not to be a jerk and give up, giving the mafia a win, but I really see no other options. If we tried to lynch someone else, I could confirm my role by protecting them, but that's all I can think of.

By the way, I think it's ridiculous that I'm being attacked for suggesting that someone may be lying. We all know for sure that someone isn't telling the truth, and I know it's not me. Why is it suspicious that I'm trying to find out who that person is? It's not my fault no one agrees with my logic.

So yeah, congratulations to the scum, you played extremely well, and to the town, I just hope you make the right (albeit tougher) choice and look for other suspicious people. We really need to look into our lynch much more today, as it's a do-or-die lynch.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:02 pm

Post by Gaspode »

By the way, I'd like someone to summarize the logic against me, as I cannot think of anything I've done that is suspicious at the moment.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:17 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Well, Gaspode I presume is lynched then, considering it only took 3 votes and he has 4...Coolbot, Me, Prizm, and Morpheus...
Vraak X
Vraak X
Approved by George W. Bush
Vraak X

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:04 pm

Post by Vraak X »

Deputy Moff Gaspode, otherwise known as the Deputy Grand Moff to Grand Moff Tarkin, tried to counterbalance the claims of treason that the other Moffs had laid before him. Perhaps the inebriated Moff Dragon Slayer could have rescued him, but Moff Gaspode, also known as Moff Disra, had failed.

He was accordingly lynched by the Moff tribunal.

Tarkin was enraged that they would even think of lynching his top aide. All the items from Moff Gaspode's quarters were taken out, but to no avail.. only the official documents of Moff Tarkin had lay on the ground. An innocent man had died. A loyal servant of the Empire.

Gaspode -
Moff Disra
- Magistrate/Aide to Moff Tarkin - LYNCHED DAY 4.

And so dread silence rules over the space station...
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:09 pm

Post by Morpheus »

Good Job mafia.
Yeah..
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:10 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Yay! Go scum! Good game everyone. Especially my buddy Prizm.

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:10 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Closing storyline?
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:17 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Ooooh! Darnit it all. I suspected Prizm earlier in the game too, but I didn't have much to go on. I am going to have to congradulate you guys (scum) I guess for the fact that you had me running in circles....Gaspode I am sorry, but you didn't give us much to go on..I stupidly just sent in a night choice too thinking that it really was night 5. I thought that there was an imbalance there..jeesh. That had to of been my longest game thus far, and I will admit that I have learned a lot from it. Oh well, I guess that it is time to start another mini. Shucks!
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:17 pm

Post by Vraak X »

(Since there was 6, 1 was lynched, so that left 5.. that means 3:2.. 2 Mafia.. No doctors left.. No way of saving lives..)

"My Lord," "Dragon Slayer," the Emperor's Chief point man, bowed to the hologram of the Emperor.

"You have done well.. the Moff's reign of treason has ended."

Codename "Prizm" also appeared, behind the scenes. With the shadow of the Force, he uncloaked from the invisibility that was provided through cold means of the Dark Side of the Force. "My Lord," and he bowed down as well to the Emperor's facade.

"My agents have come to arrest the remaining Moffs. They will be executed summarily." A cold shiver ran down the throat of Agent Prizm and Agent Dragon Slayer as the thought of betraying their own kind had run through their head. But they couldn't let fear take them -- not now, not ever. Not in front of the Emperor.

"Agent Dragon Slayer," the Emperor eerily said.

"Yes, my Lord." Dragon Slayer bowed with obeisance.

"For your excellent task in leading our Empire to internal victory, and for finding these traitorous Moffs, I am hereby promoting you to Admiral of the Fleet.. You will take charge of Tarkin's old project.. Ahh.. alas.. the Death Star,"

A cold shiver ran down Dragon Slayer again..

"For your excellent task, Agent Prizm.. I am hereby making you a true channeler of the Force. Your task is complete, and your knowledge is immeasurable to anything any pathetic Jedi can teach you. As Yoda.." the Emperor stopped to scoff and laugh, "As that Pathetic Green Idiot Yoda once said... a Knight you shall be.." the Emperor stopped to cackle evilly some more.. "a Dark Jedi... you shall be.." the Emperor grinned.

Without knowing what was happening, the Moffs were mourning the loss of an innocent Moff, Moff Disra. Pretty soon, however, the Grand Facade and twelve other ships decloaked out of thin air.

Moff Tarkin opened the airwaves, "Report!"

Captain Aural, the Captain of the Imperial Royal Navy, forced Tarkin's surrender and took Moffs "NanooktheWolf," "Coolbot," and "Morpheus" into custody.

Their names remained unknown, as they were erased from the Imperial database, true traitors to the Empire.

They were tortured.. and killed..

The Emperor has won.
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:19 pm

Post by Vraak X »

There's your bloody storyline, Dragon Slayer!!

I would, however, like it if the players could discuss some of their strategies and their comments overall about the game.

// EDIT: When I get home, I will give you all the roles and perhaps the night choices.. if I feel like it :twisted: :twisted: //
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:35 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Vraak, I think you ended the game early. I could've given DS the Foresight pill, which may have forced him to vote himself or Prizm. Too late now, though.

Good job Prizm; you had me fooled.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:54 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Thank you Vraak. :D Great job on the game.
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:01 pm

Post by Vraak X »

I think it was an okay call to end the game. Yes, the foresight pill was still intact and could have been given to DS, but then I looked to random.org to see what would have happened:

1: Coolbot
2: Dragon Slayer
3: Morpheus
4: Prizm
5: NanooktheWolf (Smoke_Bandit)

Nanook is last because of the name of Smoke Bandit.

I edited the last post because I had called Night 5.. I actually got a choice from Nanook. The reason it took me five minutes for modifying the post (or it seemed like it).. was because I was designating your target victims for the night (for your Foresight Pill):

The person with the most amount of numbers appearing would be the random name that whoever was targeted would get.

1) The Mafia could have targetted you, and two.. random.org gave me this:
1 5 3 4 1
So if the Mafia had targetted someone else.. that would have brought you down to 2:2.. DS jumps on you, Prizm tags along.. Either we have a dead end (2 votes down to 2)...

The other scenario would have been:

Prizm agrees and jumps on DS with the remaining two players.

Night occurs, Prizm knocks out one of the other two players.

Prizm and the remaining player are left.

Mafia win.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:03 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Bah. Good game, though.
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:56 pm

Post by Vraak X »

Any comments on the game layout, etc?
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:57 pm

Post by Vraak X »

1. Deputy Grand Moff Disra - Magistrate (Gaspode)
As head governor of the Grand Moff Tarkin, you are a civilian, of course, but you are considered the official Magistrate of the Imperial Court. Because of your prominent position as the Magistrate of the Imperial Court, and with the Grand Moff’s trust, you may use the Imperial Guard to send a member of the Moff-hood to protective custody. This will prevent that Moff from being lynched, however, you cannot put yourself in protective custody. To protect yourself, you carry a Blastech DL-44 pistol. You win when the Emperor’s Hands are dead. No one will know of your identity when the protective custody is issued, it will simply be issued in the name of Grand Moff Tarkin. You may not issue protective custody to the same person more than once.

** MOD NOTE: May issue Protective Custody during the day.

2. Imperial Moff Sarkiss - Head of the Discreti System and Head of the Imperial Medical Corps (Zoneace)
You are the head Moff from the Discreti system, and as a civilian, you graduated from the prominent University of Coruscant. Since you hold a double doctorate in medicine and emergency treatment, you are able to use your medical knowledge to save one Moff, if that Moff is being targeted by the Emperor’s hand. However, because of limited supplies aboard the Space Station, if you have not saved a life beforehand, you are restricted to a seventy-five percent chance of saving the victim’s life. If, on the other hand, you discover the techniques that the assassins use to kill their victims, your success will be guaranteed: IF THEY MURDERED WITH THE SAME WEAPON. To protect yourself, you carry a Blastech DL-44 Pistol. You win when the Emperor’s Hands are dead.
(confused, huh? Example):
Say that you try to save a life.. if the Emperor’s Hands have ordered a hit for that person, then if you get to that person you have a 75% chance of saving that person’s life, because supplies are so limited. Say they were murdered with a DL-44. The next time the Mafia decides to kill with a DL-44, you know the type of wound it is and therefore, you can make it an easy fix, so the chance that you have is 100% instead of 75%, but just for the DL-44 wounds.. All other wounds you still have no knowledge of, so you’d only have a 75% chance of healing them. PM me if there are any questions. YOU MAY NOT SAVE YOURSELF.

3. Imperial Moff Tekra - Head of the Imperial Intelligence Corps (EnPaceRequiscat)
As the head of the Imperial Intelligence Corps, you have access to both cargo and shipment records, which will return to you the last 10 transactions the Moff has made in regards to weapons purchases. This will assist you in determining who had access to what weapon, or at least narrow down the field. You also may request from the Imperial Intelligence Corps (The Moderator), the likelihood of someone being an Emperor’s Hand, calculating any suspicious events the Moff has made, in addition to trips to Coruscant and to visit the Emperor and such. You carry a Blastech E-11 for protection. You win when the Emperor’s Hands are dead.
Investigation Example
You ask "Investigate person X"
You receive..
(Incoming Transmission from the Imperial Intelligence Corps)
Person X - Likelihood of being a member of the Emperor’s Hand - 57%
Director’s Note:
Sir, Person X has been frequenting his visits to the Emperor lately, which has alerted some of our agents on Coruscant. However, we cannot confirm the status of Person X being a member of the Imperial Emperor’s Hand, because Person X has not made trips to Coruscant within the past two days prior to arriving at Abydos Space Station. Intelligence speculates that the Emperor’s Hand has attended the presence of the Emperor within the past two days, and the IIC cannot place Person X on Coruscant in the past two days.
Signed,
Gargos Dikreti,
Deputy Director of the Imperial Intelligence Corps
An Example of Cargo Shipments
You pull up the cargo shipments on Person X and find..
ITEM DESCRIPTION COST
Blastech E-11 A small, heavy duty rifle. 1000 credits.
Etc.,
(end examples)
You have a partner in determining and helping you on your search for the real Emperor’s Hands, this is Morpheus, otherwise known as Moff Menral. Morpheus attended the Quantum Intelligence Academy with you and is your Deputy Director of Forensic Science. You may communicate with your Deputy Director during the night.

4. Moff Menral - Deputy Director of Forensic Science (Morpheus)
As the Deputy Director of Forensic Science, you attended the Quantum Intelligence Academy with your friend EnPaceRequiescat, the Director and the Head of Intelligence. Using your knowledge of forensic science, you can determine what sort of weapon was utilized in killing the previous night’s victim. You may communicate with the Director of Intelligence during the night. You carry a Blastech E-11 for protection. You win when the Emperor’s Hands are dead. You must send a request in to the IFS (Imperial Forensic Sciences) (the moderator) to receive a response on the weapon used to kill.

MOD NOTE: If EPR died, he would take over as Cop the next night.

5. Moff Tyranna - Emperor’s Hand (Head) – Dragon Slayer
You are a member of the Emperor’s Hand, and your mission specified by the Emperor is to eliminate all other Moffs beside your fellow Emperor’s Hand. You may communicate with your Deputy Emperor’s Hand to determine and deliberate on the choice, however, it is ultimately up to you to decide whom to kill. You carry a Blastech SP-30 for protection. You win when all of the Sector Moffs are dead. (Minus your fellow Emperor’s Hand).

You have a variety of choices to order the kill with:
1. The Blastech E-11
2. The Blastech DL-44
3. The Blastech SP-30
4. Satakanka (A Small, Double-Edged Knife that Kills on Impact)
5. Poison
Your deputy in power is Moff Methrinak, otherwise known as Prizm. You may communicate with him at night.

6. Moff Methrinak - Emperor’s Hand (Deputy) – Prizm
You are the Deputy Emperor’s Hand. As a deputy, you must relay your thoughts and opinions on who to eliminate to Moff Tyranna, also known as (enter name here). However, you have one specific advantage. You are a Dark Sith Lord, and you can meditate, and through the Force, feel the thoughts of your victim, and discover what they are doing through the Foresight spell. However, your thoughts have been clouded lately, and therefore, you will only receive 25% accuracy on the thoughts of that victim. Otherwise, if accuracy has failed, then "no thoughts" will arise. You carry a Blastech SP-30 for protection. You win when all the other Moffs (minus your fellow Emperor’s Hand) are dead.
Ex. Foresight Person X
You receive no thoughts from the thoughts of Person X. I apologize, my Lord.
OR You receive thoughts of syringes, a white kit with a red cross, scalpels.

7. Moff Resinus – Director of the Imperial Core Words Cloning Facilities (Isaac)
ICWCF has been the primary center of technology, and well, as the head of ICWCF, you have brought a portable cloning device along with you. Unfortunately, because of high levels of malfunction, your portable cloning device, also known as the PCD, only has two charges left. You may, using the portable cloning device, grab a strand of a Dead Moff’s deoxyribonucleic acid, and use this to resurrect the dead Moff. Once your two charges are used, you will return to the position of a regular Moff. Your weapon of choice is the SP-30. You may not resurrect someone more than once. You win when the Emperor’s Hands are dead. Your identity will remain secret when the clone is activated.

8. Moff Traketor - Head of the Imperial Engineering Corps -- Coolbot
You are the head of the Imperial Engineering Corps, and because of this, you have access to a variety of technologies that other Moffs do not have. However, because of a lack of room in your cabin, you were only able to bring four devices along with you. These devices are:
1. Cysobin Pill - This is the human equivalent of a sleeping pill, and will prohibit a Moff from coming out of his quarters for a day.
2. Foresight Pill - This is a rather strange pill, it gives a feeling of elucidation to a target and will have them guessing wild names for a lynch for a day.
3. RX-308 Shield - A type of shield that will prevent a mafia hit for one night.
4. RX-128 Blaster Rifle - A blaster rifle that will hit, and when hit on
impact, the target has a 50% chance of being stunned for that day, and will be restricted to quarters. (Given to Isaac, Night TWO)
You must give these items to another person, you may not use them yourself, for the Imperial Engineer’s Code forbids it. You may only give these devices ONCE per game.

Your weapon of choice is a Satakanka, a stabbing knife, since the Engineering Corps forbids the use of firearms. You win when the Emperor’s Hands are dead.

9. Imperial Moff Sektor – Neutral Jedi Knight - Yggdrasil
You HATE Emperor Palpatine, to say the least. His trade doctrines that he has issued to you are dismal, at best. But what about getting rid of him? Ahh yes. You wanted to combat him, and the only way you can do that is to learn this mysterious Force of his, and use it against him. You win when the Emperor’s Hands are dead.

You start out with 10,000 Force points. Every night you do not cast a spell, you will generate 5,000 additional Force points. Every night you cast a spell, you will not regenerate Force points.
You have the following spells at your disposal:

You may cast one spell per night. There is no limit to what spell you may cast.

Force Bubble – 50% likelihood of success – Protects your target from all hits that night. (2,000 Mana Points)
Cloak of Darkness – 85% likelihood of success—Protects you from all hits that night (5,000 Mana Points) (may not be cast consecutively)
Hand of Darkness – 25% likelihood of success—A hand grasps at the victim, rendering him/her unavailable for the following morning. (10,000 Mana Points)
Foreshadow—45% likelihood of success—Prevent one action by target victim for the night. (7,500 Mana Points)

Your weapon of choice is your Lightsaber. You also use a Satakanka, a stabbing knife.

10. Imperial Moff Gargos – Director of the Judiciary Board – chaotic diablo
As the Imperial Moff of the Judiciary Board, you have the ability to either issue a stay in execution (prevent a lynching from happening), or investigating a target (50% likelihood of success). However, you may only use both abilities once (that means you can use the stay in execution once and investigation once). When you have used your powers, your powers are forfeit, thus becoming a regular Moff. You win when the Emperor’s Hands are dead. Your weapon of choice is the SK-380 Blaster Rifle.

11. Imperial Moff Palpos – Director of the Imperial Guard – Totem -
Because of your high relations status as the Director of the Imperial Guard, you were able to manage to have a security detail stay at your quarters all the time. Well, most of the time, except for those annoying five minute in betweeners that annoy you, and keep you open. (Effect: 50% mafia hit prevention). You win when the Emperor’s hands are dead.

12. Imperial Moff Alderas – Director of the Imperial Security Bureau (smoke_bandit)
You are the Director of the Imperial Security Bureau. As Director, you can do weapons qualifications checks on any Moff and see what weapons the Moff is trained to use. You win when the Emperor’s Hands are dead. Your weapon of choice is the MK-311 Blaster Rifle. On the other hand, your weapons cannot be searched by any who can search weapons.

Questions? Comments? Insults? Send them to me through PM. Confirm your PM within 48 hours, if you will.. Game will commence soon.. Ciao!
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:44 pm

Post by Prizm »

Good game everyone!
"But good is not a thing of perception. What is 'good' in one culture cannot be 'evil' in another. This might be true of mores and minor practices, but not of virtue. Virtue is absolute."
-Drizzt Do'Urden
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:44 pm

Post by Prizm »

Good game everyone! Especially my fellow Hand DS.
-Drizzt Do'Urden
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:14 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

it was pretty cool... so there was only 2 mafia? humbug. you guys should've went for dp after all. and we were disadvantaged with zoneace getting mod-killed. and chaotic should've used his ability.

all in all a nice game with nice roles. gj vraak
freak with short term memory
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:17 pm

Post by Gaspode »

AARGH! I had a feeling about Prizm earlier in the game (multiple times actually). Bah at the town for paying attention to all the wrong issues in this game. Horrible play overall by the town (including me, I was as bad as anyone else), brilliant play by the scum. Prizm, your claim was great, and DS, well, you flew under the radar quite well (that school play came along at the right time, huh? ;)).

Thanks for modding, Vraak. My only complaint about the setup (besides the fact that I
hate
lynch-savers) was that you gave me a basically non-claimable, non-confirmable duplicate role. Otherwise, it was perfect, and the Star Wars theme was amazingly well done.
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:37 pm

Post by Vraak X »

Your role was slightly different. You could use your ability multiple times, just not on the same person. Plus, you could've yanked someone in the day. I think that would have been proof enough. ;-)...

Interestingly, there are so many investigative roles.. but yet the Scum won.. :-P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”