Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Tommy »

Oman wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Oman wrote:
Darox wrote: Can you explain what kind of Bizzaro world where a claimed miller is harmful in the endgame to the scum team?
Makes it easier to confirm a cop...Seriously, any non-vanilla role hurts scum in endgame.
You mean, confirm a cop's sanity? Or confirm that a cop is a cop? I don't see how the second one would work.
Roles often work in pairs. Miller+cop pair is likely to exist.
You're using the word "confirm" really oddly, then. But I doubt this conversation is getting us anywhere, so let's leave it.

Want to expand on your judgement of Ythill?
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:46 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Darox wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:
Darox wrote:This is a thoughtful post.

I didn't get why the scum would try to kill user. Despite Ythill's theories a power role claiming miller to try and avoid the night kill is far from likely in the current meta, and makes for an easier lynch, as well as all the 'Lynch all Liars' rhetoric which hurts any future results he wants to claim later.
The only reason why this post is making me think about you is because i have no idea what you are exactly trying to get at.
A) They didn't try to kill user, User is gone. No more user.
B) Easier lynch of whom?
C) Why exactly would hurt any future claims of Ythill (if thats who you're refering to)
This is very easy to answer.

A) You are wrong
B) You are wrong
C) You are wrong

Oh, alright, I'll explain it a bit more.

A) Yes they did. Thats why he is, you know, dead. Unless you are suggesting there is a vigilante/serial killer who decided to kill AND that the mafia got blocked/countered by another player, the Mafia killed user.
B) Easier to lynch User. Because, you know, he was the one that claimed Miller, which brings the focus onto him.
C) I'm referring to the 'Claim miller as cop' idea from Ythill which suggests why he would be a target for night kills despite claiming miller. Someone who claims miller then later claims that they are instead cop is a liar. Considering the 'Lynch all Liars' idea, I think that claiming miller at the start would only be damaging to any pro town investigative power role.
A)No, that is not what i'm suggesting, but it could be a possiblity. A very slight remote possiblity, but a possiblity nevertheless.
B)I agree with that.
C)--Will get back to this in a short moment--
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:06 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

C) I agree with you here. Why does Ythill suggest something so far-fetched? It really doesn't make much sense... Though I do see why he said it was a very anti-town for that moment.

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Darox »

##Vote: TonyMontana

This vote has reasons.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:59 am

Post by TonyMontana »

yea... care to share em?
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:01 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Darox wrote:

This vote has reasons.
I will reserve judgment until those reasons are given.
The above written statement is pro-town.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:15 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Darox wrote:

This vote has reasons.
you can't just vote and not tell without some looking at you even harder.

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by Ythill »

@bionic: Yeah, I brought up NK discussion, so what? I found it odd. I also think it's nice that so many people weighed in on the topic. Lots of ammo for Rash's quote miners.

@Oman: That was pretty creepy. Why are you buddying to me?

Anyway... I managed to find some time.

For reference, my initial impression of the votes on Lowell was posted in #165. Most of it still applies. I did amend the read on Tony’s vote after the connection between the quote about wolf and his own case against Lowell was explained to me. I had misunderstood that argument but now see the logic behind it.

It was also brought to my attention that I’d missed Fhq’s pressure vote. I’ve now reread it. It
seemed
like it was honest pressure as it was placed appropriately and removed once Lowell started posting again. Though the
placement
was fine, I don’t really like the way Fhq pushed suspicion on Lowell while removing the vote as well as other stuff he did afterwards. More on this below…

On the Wagon

Rash:
Still seems legit to me. There was that one little problem with his vote, but it has been buried under a mountain of townie play.

Oman:
Gives five reasons for voting Lowell. They are: information, policy, information, information, and claim or die. Then he spends the rest of the day pushing for a Lowell lynch. OMG! Like I said before, I know that Oman is a rash player, but this seems like too much.

@Oman: Explain yourself. I'll have more specific questions for you once you have.

Tony:
I still feel like his initial vote was a little suspect. The unvote @ L-1 + revote @ L-2 was null. However, what I find most suspicious afterwards was the way Tony stopped looking at other people. His posts after that vote were all defense or side-comment until the end-of-day IGMEO Oman. This while serious discussion about the Lowell lynch was taking place.

@Tony: Why did you stop hunting?

wolf:
I still think the initial vote was scummy. The meta-based unvote seemed transparent, but the “hammer” vote (actually L-1) struck me as preemptively defensive, which is usually not a good sign. And she “hammered” for his refusal to answer questions though he’d already done that before she unvoted. So why the change in stance?

@wolf: Which games of Lowell’s did you read? Did you by chance read mini539?

Tommy:
I still don’t have any problems with Tommy’s treatment of Lowell. Some of his other actions are questionable, but none of it is of major concern.

Fhq:
Voted for pressure, unvoted
while pushing suspicion
after Lowell answered. He continues to talk about how Lowell is a bad player, slipping in scummy qualifications, while defending wolf, who is his other suspect at the time. He votes Darox because of a miscount? Then back to Lowell, then Darox again, as the conversation shifts. There are some questionable contradictions in his arguments. In the end, Lowell gets the vote for deadline and bad play.

@Fhq: Please explicitly share your read on wolf.

Darox:
I think this drama has been in the forefront of the game long enough that I don’t need to rehash it. Combining his most recent unvote with the hammer demonstrates that the unvote itself was likely for show. I still rank Darox high in my suspicions but yesterday’s info has produced multiple leads and I don’t know that he’s the scummiest of the bunch.

On the Sidelines

bionic:
He was against a Lowell lynch for the same reason I was (meta and the suspicious acts of wagoneers). He allowed himself to be talked into an info lynch, which looks kind of slimy, but his unvote was the most appropriate of anyone’s. I don’t find his actions noteworthy.

Elias:
His vote and unvote reasoning were solid, but he muddied it later (which bionic called him on), and again when explaining why he wants to look at Darox tomorrow. He was one of the earlier supporters of an info lynch. He prompts user to give a solid stance on Lowell as the day is winding down. He contradicts himself again when saying he hasn’t looked much at the Darox case.

Conclusions

This post probably sounds pretty paranoid. I just wanted to look at all the angles.

I feel like Rash, Tommy, and bionic get a townie pass for the day, unless something comes up. Oman’s playing like a freak but that’s a part of his reputation; Tony had passive tunnel-vision and some OMGUS, but that’s about all; Darox still has to answer for his convenient voting patterns but there are bigger fish to fry. These three are not my primary concerns.

Elias could be, by process of elimination, the scum on the sidelines and his play is far from clean. In hindsight, Fhq’s D1 actions were worthy of a vote and, read in isolation, he’s the scummiest on the wagon. However…

Wolf’s alignment is suggested not only by her own actions, but by others’actions as well. We have the early Lowell wagon started by people who found wolf scummy. We have several players defending wolf and downplaying her actions at moments when she might have been the clear alternative to Lowell. We have several suspicious players who seemed to find she and Lowell both scummy but him the better lynch. Combined with her own play, I see this evidence as pointing to a clear conclusion, but I’ll await answers to my questions before placing my vote.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

Two thumbs up (and not just because you have me in the townie list). Thorough analysis with conclusions formed from analysis and no obvious logical flaws. I think wolf needs to be looked at closely. I wouldn't mind others doing more questioning of her since I feel like I put some decent pressure on her and don't want to tunnel in, so I will be trying to look at others a little more today.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

Ythill wrote:
@bionic: Yeah, I brought up NK discussion, so what? I found it odd. I also think it's nice that so many people weighed in on the topic. Lots of ammo for Rash's quote miners.
forgot to answer this. It seems like NK discussions are started slightly more by scum, but not enough to be a huge tell (maybe 60/40). I bring it up occasionally as town, but haven't found that others really find any value in discussing it. I think there is value in how people respond - more than the actual reason for the nk. Scum bring it up for confusion and some town players will bring it up because they can sometimes get information from it.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by Ythill »

Yeah, I almost asked about that. Then I read Elias, and your change no longer seemed questionable.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by Oman »

Explain myself:

I've been playing mafia for a year, and have come across Lowell several times. I can't read him, he's anti-town, and I've used him to slip under the radar before.

I know how dangerous he is as either, and how useless he is as a townie. For that reason (and I made it perfectly clear) I did not want him alive.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:44 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Ythill wrote: @Fhq: Please explicitly share your read on wolf.
While I have made clear that I don't favour using either meta or 'newbieness' as an excuse for scumtells, her further posts does make it seem she is VERY new. She has spirit though.

Based on that, I've pretty much got a null-read on her. More pressure is always good. I'd rather like more pressure on the Darox wagon, but I don't want to get too tunnel visioned.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Tommy »

I'm afraid I'm going to have very limited access until Thursday evening. Sorry.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:14 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Ythill wrote:
Tony:
I still feel like his initial vote was a little suspect. The unvote @ L-1 + revote @ L-2 was null. However, what I find most suspicious afterwards was the way Tony stopped looking at other people. His posts after that vote were all defense or side-comment until the end-of-day IGMEO Oman. This while serious discussion about the Lowell lynch was taking place.

@Tony: Why did you stop hunting?
How do you know whether I'm "looking at other people"? I'm just not the instigator type..
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:45 am

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count
(6 to lynch)

TonyMontana:
Darox

Not voting (9):
Elias, Rashiminos, Oman, TonyMontana, crywolf, bionic, Tommy, Ythill, fhqwhgads
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Ythill »

Tony wrote:How do you know whether I'm "looking at other people"? I'm just not the instigator type..
I don't like slippery arguments. Are you denying the charge or not?

You "found" Lowell and he was a good enough lynch. There's not much else.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

The way things are going now, we probably should have left Lowell alive (other than the fact that he turned up town!). At least we had something to talk about then.

Would like to hear some of our more quiet members. A few prods are in order, maybe?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by Darox »

So you have absolutely 0 leads fhq?
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

I wouldn't say 0,

I've said my share about the Elias/bionic exchange, but they have both gone quieter after that, so no more to say on that for now. My argument on you have also hit a brick wall. And I think it would be healthier to look at others for the moment too. But the others have been pretty quiet. I guess I'll have to reread day 1. Don't have time at the moment though, maybe later tonight.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by Oman »

I really don't like Tony at the moment.

Dude, just explain why you IGMEOYed me!
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Oman wrote: Dude, just explain why you IGMEOYed me!
Agree on this. At the time, it seems like you directed it at the 'joke' Oman made. But you never really made clear why you did it, AND why at that time in particular.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by Darox »

gorckat wrote:
Vote Count
(6 to lynch)

TonyMontana:
Darox

Not voting (9):
Elias, Rashiminos, Oman, TonyMontana, crywolf, bionic, Tommy, Ythill, fhqwhgads
There is something wrong with this picture.

I'll give you a hint.
There are exactly 9 things wrong with this picture.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by Oman »

fhqwhgads wrote:
Oman wrote: Dude, just explain why you IGMEOYed me!
Agree on this. At the time, it seems like you directed it at the 'joke' Oman made. But you never really made clear why you did it, AND why at that time in particular.
Not to mention not answering the two other times I'd asked.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:13 am

Post by gorckat »

fhqs wrote:A few prods are in order, maybe?
If anyone hasn't posted in 72+ hours, please let me know via PM. I announce all prods, and hadn't noticed anyone due when I checked yesterday.

My home internet is a bit wonky at the moment and a tech won't be out til Sunday, so my posting will be a bit thin except during my work hours (M-F, 8a-4p).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”