- JacksonVirgo
Not_Mafia (1)
- RationalMadman
T3 (1)
- Roden

Not Voting (3)
- awesomeming327, Black, BlackStar

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2024-05-16 20:40:00).
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 9:12 am

Post by Roden »

Sorry I haven't been around, spring allergies have been kicking my ass. I've been keeping up though, just gotta finish reading the last couple pages.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 9:24 am

Post by Roden »

I'm less suspicious of Hu Tao after our interaction though. I think she would have tried to finesse her way out of any scrutiny if she were scum, instead of the initial brute force reaction of scum reading me. Especially since she already kind of did that against Robb.

I'm not 100% confident in town reading her yet though, is a smart way to try to disengage and lose some heat if she's scum. For now I just don't think I want to pursue an elim there and want to see how the rest of her gameplay progresses.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 9:34 am

Post by Roden »

In post 225, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 222, Black wrote:
In post 218, Hu Tao wrote: As I'm making it known now that I scum read you. This doesn't feel like town your for some reason. I'm listening to my vibes
I think you rely on meta a bit too much. And more importantly I don't even agree with the meta read. What are you basing this off of?
Vibes. But he acts plays 2 different ways but I remembered he played the way now as town and scum. So I don't think it is worth considering
I am actually interested to see a more in depth explanation for this though.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 9:47 am

Post by Roden »

In post 375, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 373, T3 wrote: It's 2024

Who puts a Town Cop in their 2024 Mini Normal
Truthfully idk the norms of setups here, just that they're super basic (and I like it that way usually so I'm not complaining).

A cop is a typical town investigative PR to have in a game. Idk if that's not usual here, I admit that.

I feel the cop is flavoured to weaken, potentially. However asking the flavouring is going to absolutely hurt Town. The cop if unflavoured means scum probably has 2 PRs then, to balance it out.

Idk how unusual that is. I know mafia but not specifically setup norms or rarities here, I am more interested in the game of reading people than setup mechanics personally.
Set ups here typically don't have ungated Cops, so HA not claiming any modifiers is inherently suspicious. If she isn't an alt and is genuinely new to the site, she might not have picked up on that particular bit of site meta over the past few months she's been here.

Regardless we should probably avoid voting out a potential Cop just because of meta, if it's a real claim then scum have no choice but to kill her tonight.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 9:52 am

Post by Roden »

In post 403, Hu Tao wrote: Can someone tell me what Charles has done to deserve not being voted?
Absolutely nothing. He's not really playing the game or contributing much of anything.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 9:53 am

Post by Robbnva »

Prod dodge. I’ll pronounce less active on weekends as I have more time to play when I’m at work.

I skimmed the last couple of pages. Not sure what to make of the cop claim. Im not sure I agree with the people saying there can’t be a cop in this setup, because you can easily look at past normal games and see there has been cops in normal setups. Even if it’s not used much, it’s an approved role and still possible. Some sort of mafia cop is also a possibility. That claim will resolve itself at some point though.

I’m still leaning toward awesome/half as scum together based on the reluctance to vote half until others did. I think awesome is a good compromise lynch with a high chance of a red flip.

I need to really dive into what’s been said while I’ve been away. It’s good to know I was right though. More pressure on someone equals more activity. This is why we use our voice and our vote. Town awesome should definitely be aware of that but chose to abstain from both most of the game.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 9:53 am

Post by Robbnva »

Probably be less active on weekends is what I meant to say.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 9:57 am

Post by Roden »

In post 420, JacksonVirgo wrote: Can someone scumread me so I feel reason to put effort in? Thank

I’ll do a proper analysis when I get my keyboard back, I’m mobile posting for the meantime and it’s gross
VOTE: JV
LoveKilling
LoveKilling
Any
Goon
LoveKilling
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 9:58 am

Post by LoveKilling »

In post 432, Robbnva wrote: Probably be less active on weekends is what I meant to say.
How did your first statement mess up so hard
:] Love :] Killing :]
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:02 am

Post by Roden »

VOTE: awesome

Actual serious vote goes here. This slot is kind of like Charles in that they're not doing anything, but I get the feeling that he's intentionally trying to fly under the radar and keep his posts to a minimum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:07 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 434, LoveKilling wrote:
In post 432, Robbnva wrote: Probably be less active on weekends is what I meant to say.
How did your first statement mess up so hard
Fat fingers, phone keyboard and shitty autocorrect I guess? I honestly have no clue. Another reason why I play more during the work week. Actual computer.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:58 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 429, Roden wrote:

Truthfully idk the norms of setups here, just that they're super basic (and I like it that way usually so I'm not complaining).

A cop is a typical town investigative PR to have in a game. Idk if that's not usual here, I admit that.

I feel the cop is flavoured to weaken, potentially. However asking the flavouring is going to absolutely hurt Town. The cop if unflavoured means scum probably has 2 PRs then, to balance it out.

Idk how unusual that is. I know mafia but not specifically setup norms or rarities here, I am more interested in the game of reading people than setup mechanics personally.
Set ups here typically don't have ungated Cops, so HA not claiming any modifiers is inherently suspicious. If she isn't an alt and is genuinely new to the site, she might not have picked up on that particular bit of site meta over the past few months she's been here.

Regardless we should probably avoid voting out a potential Cop just because of meta, if it's a real claim then scum have no choice but to kill her tonight.
People keep saying this as if protective role won't be on her...

No choice but to do that also ignores possibility of roleblockers or something like godfather/miller. Scum have options beyond just killing her NP1.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:59 am

Post by RationalMadman »

Is godfather possible in simple normal?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:02 am

Post by RationalMadman »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: black

Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:06 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 438, RationalMadman wrote: Is godfather possible in simple normal?
No. Only complex normal games.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:31 am

Post by Roden »

In post 437, RationalMadman wrote:

No choice but to do that also ignores possibility of roleblockers or something like godfather/miller. Scum have options beyond just killing her NP1.
Follow The Cop is too optimal and too cringe for most mods to ever allow an ungated Cop and a protective role to both be in the set up. Even if a Roleblocker exists, that's still too swingy for town and basically requires scum to get lucky.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ple_Normal
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 1:08 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 441, Roden wrote:
In post 437, RationalMadman wrote:

Follow The Cop is too optimal and too cringe for most mods to ever allow an ungated Cop and a protective role to both be in the set up. Even if a Roleblocker exists, that's still too swingy for town and basically requires scum to get lucky.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ple_Normal
I did read that site even for my previous game (can't talk about it, ongoing). I couldn't quite understand how much was ruled out for Mafia. Are mafia really only given roles Town can get barring juggernaut?

Nothing at all like janitor, godfather, lawyer, framer etc?

Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 1:13 pm

Post by Roden »

It depends on the game type tbh. Complex set ups have a lot more roles, and Theme games can have more bastard roles as well.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 2:35 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 431, Robbnva wrote: Prod dodge. I’ll pronounce less active on weekends as I have more time to play when I’m at work.

I skimmed the last couple of pages. Not sure what to make of the cop claim. Im not sure I agree with the people saying there can’t be a cop in this setup, because you can easily look at past normal games and see there has been cops in normal setups. Even if it’s not used much, it’s an approved role and still possible. Some sort of mafia cop is also a possibility. That claim will resolve itself at some point though.

I’m still leaning toward awesome/half as scum together based on the reluctance to vote half until others did. I think awesome is a good compromise lynch with a high chance of a red flip.

I need to really dive into what’s been said while I’ve been away. It’s good to know I was right though. More pressure on someone equals more activity. This is why we use our voice and our vote. Town awesome should definitely be aware of that but chose to abstain from both most of the game.
I disagree. Awesomeming is on my town list rn.

Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 2:40 pm

Post by Robbnva »

pourquoi?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 2:49 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 445, Robbnva wrote: pourquoi?
You are assuming he has to operate in a certain way that even you yourself don't live up to, in order to be Town.

He ends up doing exactly what you say he had to do, as soon as he felt less cautious of his reads and had the chance to make a wagon, then is scumread for doing what you goaded him to do in the first place.

Meanwhile you've pressured nobody at all and just been a wordy bystander yet scumread him for being that despite him not being it.

Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 2:56 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I was one of the first real votes of the game and pressured hu for quite a while. I then eventually switched to awesome and pressured them. So that’s not true at all.

Awesome was 4th vote on half, he didn’t vote him when he first scum read him and somehow you give him a pass for that. If half is town, that’s a bad vote. If half is scum, that’s a great spot for a bus vote.

Either way awesome didn’t want to vote half until others did and he doesn’t have a good reason for that.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 3:02 pm

Post by Robbnva »

Actually it seems I was the first real vote
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 4:16 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 447, Robbnva wrote: I was one of the first real votes of the game and pressured hu for quite a while. I then eventually switched to awesome and pressured them. So that’s not true at all.

Awesome was 4th vote on half, he didn’t vote him when he first scum read him and somehow you give him a pass for that. If half is town, that’s a bad vote. If half is scum, that’s a great spot for a bus vote.

Either way awesome didn’t want to vote half until others did and he doesn’t have a good reason for that.
A sole vote doesn't pressure when it takes 7 to eliminate.

Even 2 votes is nothing. Only at 4 is it actual pressure.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”