Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 4299, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think my scumread on you was any worse than yours on me.

Joey I'll apologize to because it was a one way thing but it takes two to tango Menalque.
I didn’t start it though. You want to go on about reacting badly to unjustified SRs yet you, who of everyone here claims to be familiar with my meta and knows full well that I react badly to unjustified scumreads, decided to enter hard pushing me from very early on after your entrance instead of engaging with me or trying to sort me.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Menalque »

And you continuously made the point that you had meta on me and were so confident in your read that I had to be scum... was I being unreasonable to BoP you on being correct on your read on me, given your claimed levels of confidence about it?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Actually yes you did start it

I expressed that I wasn't certain you were locktown and you started going on about how I'd never scumread you as town and started to effectively bully me into declaring a townread on you that I didn't believe.

That's not how this works. Both of the townies who replaced in at the same time agreed that Awoo was townier than anyone else in the game. You notice Joey actually talked to me about things and didn't OMGUS me in a stupid way and I unvoted him.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by Menalque »

This was my pov, albeit expressed in a salty manner

Subject: Open 767: Dead PT
Menalque wrote:
In post 4175, Joey_ wrote:
In post 4173, RadiantCowbells wrote:You agreed with me there was something weird about him not townreading me no matter what else he did that was Towny and you know I have a consistent issue scumreading people who scumread me for bad reasons

You can be mad at me. Do you think it's scummy

Ok then
i agreed it was a bad read from him and he shouldve tred you, just like i disagreed with his pk/TSE read and i wanted him to lynch GL
I mean I SR the person who entered the game, hard pushed me for no good reason whatsoever, ruined what was a game winning strategy and fucked up what was shaping up to be a game winning townbloc outside of that

But sure

I had a shitty scumread for bad reasons

Sure
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 4302, RadiantCowbells wrote:Actually yes you did start it

I expressed that I wasn't certain you were locktown and you started going on about how I'd never scumread you as town and started to effectively bully me into declaring a townread on you that I didn't believe.

That's not how this works. Both of the townies who replaced in at the same time agreed that Awoo was townier than anyone else in the game. You notice Joey actually talked to me about things and didn't OMGUS me in a stupid way and I unvoted him.
Right, one of whom replaced into a slot I was already scumreading, and every other towny in the game had already (correctly) sorted joey and I as lock!town and there was no way for scum to interrupt that as they’d been forced into doing so to
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Menalque »

Maybe I’m conf biasing in terms of how I remember this, but I definitely remember you pursuing me first

At a minimum, trying to discredit the two lock!town slots who had a game winning strategy set in. In fairness, it may have been that that pinged me more, because town was very much winning at the point that you replaced in, and the only way for scum to get back in was for them to disrupt the consensus of the joey + me TRs, which is exactly what you set about doing from immediately after you entered the thread.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2047, RadiantCowbells wrote:Town your reads sucked lol
In post 2049, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm wondering if it's actually better to just commit now.
In post 2050, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like I'm scared that scum is going to realize that they're outed and start calling me scum or some dumb shit and town's going to lap it up since they've already managed to townread him even though he's objectively obviously scum ???
In post 2051, RadiantCowbells wrote:yall should feel hella disrespected by scum
In post 2052, RadiantCowbells wrote:I feel like for so many reasons the solve this game is Joey and Menalque

I'm going to actually start casing that now but I think you guys have all been going after the townies who do shiny mislynchable things instead of going after actual scum.

I really don't feel like PK's replace out comes from scum and their interactions with Titus spew them town imo. I don't think GL's iso is likely to be scum but I've considered it. Suji is town by play. I know I'm town. NorwegianEE has a chance of being scum but I think it's more likely that he's town for /reasons/ particularly given that the person who knew them from offsite townread them and it feels too in your face for scum!Titus to be all yeah let's lynch correspondence without considering her partner at the start.

That leaves the slots that you guys are townreading for weird reasons even though they have terrible associatives with each other, Joey has awful Titus associatives, and they really haven't done anything to be TR for?
You’re saying you didn’t come after me first?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by Menalque »

I was genuinely really happy and excited when you repped in because I was confidently TRing awoo and thought “cool, I finally get to see what working with RC is like when we’re both town” and thought that given the general quality of your reads that there was no way you’d entered the game pushing a solve of the two lock!town if you were acting in good faith
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:42 pm

Depends how you define going after you.

You're acting like in some way my scumreading you is worse than you scumreading me and I think that's a nonstarter opinion.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:43 pm

I had my own locktown and I had a path that still led to victory.

Just because I did my agree witb you on who was and wasn't locktown...
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 4308, RadiantCowbells wrote:Depends how you define going after you.

You're acting like in some way my scumreading you is worse than you scumreading me and I think that's a nonstarter opinion.
This is the difference

I did TR you upon entry because you replaced into a slot that I was correctly TRing

Why was it so unreasonable of me to SR you when you were unable to do the same, especially while you were going on about how you should be BoP’d and how good your reads were?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 4309, RadiantCowbells wrote:I had my own locktown and I had a path that still led to victory.

Just because I did my agree witb you on who was and wasn't locktown...
If you’d worked with me and joey we would have had a 3 person lock!townbloc. You and joey probably would have convinced me not to lynch cirno, so we would have done GL. After that I think we would have successfully lynched norway. Game would have been over 2 days earlier without any animosity.

But instead of trying to read me, or engage with me at all to check whether your read might be wrong based on my earlier posts, you just claimed a solve which again to town!me who had a winning strategy was literally the only move that scum was going to be able to make to break a game that was otherwise utterly winning for town — which was a correct belief, I might add
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:49 pm

You're citing stuff that came after you going on about how I was lockscum for not correctly townreading you.

I cited BoP after that happened.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:49 pm

The same argument that the gamestate pushed you into it can be argued from my PoV. In the end we both scumread each other and I'm not going to take more responsibility for it than you did.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by Menalque »

This whole game became just sad and embittering and yes, I do share some of the responsibility for that, but I think you should acknowledge that more of it is on your shoulders here. I don’t think you will, more likely than not, but it would be nice if you did and I guess the hope of that is why I’m posting now.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:54 pm

I don't think I'm more responsible for my scumread on you than v/v because I approached it honestly, you went in with a bad faith "if RC tries to mislynch me he's scum" and that set me off and caused me to play in equivalently bad faith and cite BoP and such.

I apologized to Joey because I never felt like he wasn't making an honest effort to read me even though largely he was.

I'm as apologetic as you are because I think we're responsible for the same crime and if you're just going to sit there and dump responsibility on me then I'm not going to feel bad for it.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by Menalque »

What’s v/v?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Even though largely Joey was a POE lynch because I wanted the remaining two players to be myself and Suji*
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by Menalque »

Oh nvm
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Vice versa.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 4315, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think I'm more responsible for my scumread on you than v/v because I approached it honestly, you went in with a bad faith "if RC tries to mislynch me he's scum" and that set me off and caused me to play in equivalently bad faith and cite BoP and such.

I apologized to Joey because I never felt like he wasn't making an honest effort to read me even though largely he was.

I'm as apologetic as you are because I think we're responsible for the same crime and if you're just going to sit there and dump responsibility on me then I'm not going to feel bad for it.
If this set you off, I don’t get why you’re not seeing that you entering with “mena/joey is the solve” wouldn’t set me off for the exact reasons I’ve already laid out. And it’s that you entered that way rather than through trying to work with me or read me particularly that is why I think you have more responsibility here.

I will say, from talking to you here, that I think I understand your POV more now and it wasn’t as one-sidedly on you as I originally believed. But I think it was you who made the move that instigated everything, and I think your being unfair to present your actions as reasonable in light of you being upset with me when my “if RC tries to mislynch me he’s scum” was clearly not bad faith given that I’ve explained my POV of the gamestate at that point.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Menalque »

Would set me off*
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Menalque »

You’re*

Fuck me i can’t type
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don’t recommend the 3 scum nomination strategy btw. It was a miracle that i even made it to the 3p LYLO. I think 2S1T might be better if you’re pulling a gambit.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It was funny tho.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Open Games”