Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4425 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7222314 (and the subsequent posts) Best part of the dead PT tho :lol:
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4426 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 4422, Ankamius wrote:Skull: The scumteam should probably get access to the scum PT again regardless :/

Let's just wait and see if there are any objections. If there aren't, then it won't matter anyway.

In post 4423, borkjerfkin wrote:This game had a number of mechanics I did not expect (deputy reliant on SK death, town enabler whose death was 100% pro-town)

The Mafia team had a way to get stronger, so I wanted to give Town something similar (hence the Deputy). The Enabler was also there as a counter-measure to ensure that the Mafia team didn't get
too
powerful.

(I'm really pleased with the Bewildering Fog gimmick, by the way.)
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4427 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:57 pm

Post by Firebringer »

GG everyone, sorry for lynching you sonic ;(
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4428 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Post by pieguyn »

no lynch d7 was entirely to account for edge cases that wouldn't have been covered otherwise with a suzune lynch; i could, for instance, have imagined a 15-5-1 scenario where suzune had 1x bulletproof which got burned on n3 or n6, or a scenario where suzune had bulletproof, misshoots scum and scum misses their kill. lynching on that day only wins in 16-4-1, while no lynching wins in 16-4-1 and some other scenarios, hence it was strictly better. i wanted as little discussion as possible that day phase in order to avoid making it obvious who to shoot and it kind of happened due to aces gambiting but not really in the way i would have preferred it to happen

i don't regret lynching ms over suzune d6 although i do regret how i went about it. ms claim was entirely ms' fault. the entire reason d6 played out the way it did was because the claim was obviously fucking fake. and fuck using it as a gambit. "clearing obv town and boxing scum in" is a bullshit excuse when you could just as easily ... town hunt normally, and not to mention, scum was entirely fucked anyway without the "aid" of your claim. i and others were town reading you based on play d1/d2 entirely outside of the claim so that kiiiinda should be an indication that you don't have to bullshit a claim to push your reads. don't do that in any game i'm in from now on or i will be hesitant to sign up for any future games you're in

the game was won on d6 as soon as suzune claimed (since i was saying "fuck it" and forcing a suzune lynch next regardless of the outcome of d6. this is kiiiiinda why i kept bringing up on d6 that this was necessary if we were to leave suzune alive) so i don't really know what people in the dead pt were going on about in terms of suzune potentially winning near the end or the game being "pushed to lylo"

In post 4414, Bulbazak wrote:My team wanted to kill Pie on n2, but I talked them out of it. I figured that Pie dying at that point in the game, before the IC or obv. role claims, would signal to town that he was a threat, and the first thing you guys would do is look at her reads. It was too big of a risk. I had planned on playing my way out of it and muddying the waters to make a Pie kill safer on a later night, but unfortunately, I was killed before I could put that plan into action.

if i was alive d3 and you hadn't been nk'ed, i woulda been on you until you were dead so i kind of hope this wouldn't have happened. you're correct to say it would have been a huge red flag if i ended up dead on n2 despite not having a pr, though, so you were kind of fucked regardless of what you did. it's kind of funny you all wound up shooting the enabler for your own team's role instead, though :P

it was nice actually surviving all the way to the end of the game for once
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4429 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:03 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2101, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:Anyway, I'm going to sleep, nya.

Current people of concern for me are:
Ank
Bulba
Not Mafia
Sco
, and
TTH
. I should have more after I wake up.

i think this is the closest to perfect accuracy i'll ever get in a game of this size (from d2)
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4430 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:04 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

W000t!!!!

Hooray pie for good game

Nicole brings good luck
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4431 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Well played by many people.
I enjoyed this game, I don't think I did amazingly, but I think I played my role well enough.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4432 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:04 am

Post by Maxous »

well, thanks for the game Skull, I thought the moderation was excellent.

I had a lot of fun with this game, I felt it was a particularly enjoyable player list
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4433 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:36 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 4431, Varsoon wrote:Well played by many people.
I enjoyed this game, I don't think I did amazingly, but I think I played my role well enough.

metal sonic with the strong gambits
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4434 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

Pffft, I thought you were totally lying the whole time.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4435 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:11 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Skullduggery wrote:
In post 3636, KingdomAces wrote:(And Hanako would still never give her fruit to anyone. Her being a vendor is extremely weird.)

She's the one who leaves you gifts in your shoe locker throughout the game. It makes perfect sense.
Wait what? I didn't know that. Especially since I always forget to check the locker anyway, because none of the stuff is actually good. Also I really don't get the Riddle Senpai hype at all. And I also actually really dislike Ai. Sorry, but she just really annoys me.

Everything actually related to the game I either haven't gotten to yet or can be summed up by me saying that yeah I screwed up.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4436 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:29 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Yeah I apparently freaked out even more people than I thought I did. I was kind of hoping that Skull would relay the PM I sent to the dead thread, but it does probably make more sense not to.

Also, the no lynch was completely necessary. Just because you already knew that there weren't any mafia left since Bulba already told you doesn't mean that everyone did. All I cared about was the win, not how we got there. Yeah, we should have lynched Suzune well before we did, but it still worked out anyway. I strongly believe that, aside from the craptons of miscalculations I made throughout, everything I did was completely necessary.

Speaking of things being necessary, I still strongly believe in never not lynching a claimed VT at L-1 in earlygame. Also, I think Varsoon mentioned talking about the point of massclaims postgame as well. I still would be willing to argue for both of those things in GD, but does anyone else actually care?

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4437 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:29 am

Post by KingdomAces »

*MD not GD. Still not thinking straight.

Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4438 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:56 am

Post by Suzune »

Haha. I had a lot of fun with this game. I realized early that all of my mistakes would compound going into the end. The with my role reading error I only doubled my mistake. I should not have kill ank at the end. I thought I wasn't the clear because I assumed there had to be another mafia.

Honestly I should have fake claimed cop because for some reason it took me a really long tim sto figure out the deputy was my opposite and that him getting his powers relied on me dying. That seemed kind of mean for the town because to get a cop they would have had to prioritize killing the mafia. If I had killed less mafia it would have been even harder or perhaps town would had sided with the mafia. Hard to say, hard to say.

I have to say my favorite part was when everyone was apologizing before the metal sonic lynch.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4439 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:08 am

Post by Vedith »

Cheers for the game all. :)
I claim scum \o/
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4440 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Skullduggery »

In post 4432, Maxous wrote:well, thanks for the game Skull, I thought the moderation was excellent.

You're welcome. And thank you! :D

My last large theme game was such a disaster that, on a personal level, I really needed this game to do well. I felt like I needed to prove to myself that I wasn't a shitty moderator after all. Really, thank you and thanks to everyone who said they enjoyed this game. It means a lot to me. I feel so vindicated right now.

In post 4435, KingdomAces wrote:Wait what? I didn't know that. Especially since I always forget to check the locker anyway, because none of the stuff is actually good. Also I really don't get the Riddle Senpai hype at all. And I also actually really dislike Ai. Sorry, but she just really annoys me.

Yup! You find out during the good ending. When you're wandering around town saying your goodbyes to everyone, you'll find Hanako sitting at your desk in school. If you talk to her, she'll admit that she has a crush on you and she's been leaving stuff in your shoe locker throughout the year. It's kind of cute.

Ai is really obnoxious and unlikable at first, but you learn more about her flaws and insecurities as you progress through her social link, and it helps to explain why she is the way she is. She grew on me after a while.
(Chie is still the best girl in the game, though.)

And Funky Student is awesome, you heathen. :P
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4441 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Kalimar »

yay, i win

that was all me
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4442 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

My first playthrough I got all the way through her social link, and I still didn't like her. Maybe the fact that I refused to take the dating path with anyone could be part of it, but her social link felt far more like a chore than most of the others. The major thing though is probably the fact that I explicitly don't care about my image, and that was a huge part of it. And about Hanako, that was a year ago when I last got there, and I might have not even talked to her then. Sorry about that and really all the flavor arguments the entire time. (With the one obvious exception) I guess my flavor talks just fell flat. Maybe I just am not as familiar with the flavor as I would like to say I am, so I was too quick to criticize things.

The real heathens here are the ones that delayed P5. Yeah I guess it's better that they come out with a complete product, but I was getting really excited about it. I would have preferred it if they just didn't announce a tentative release date in the first place.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4443 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, I liked the flavor in this game (cool stuff Skull).

Naoto a best, though.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4444 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

The Mafia faction private topic is now public and can be found here.

Also, if you liked the panels from the hiimdaisy Persona 4 comic I posted throughout the game, you can see the whole thing here.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4445 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 4444, Skullduggery wrote:Also, if you liked the panels from the hiimdaisy Persona 4 comic I posted throughout the game, you can see the whole thing here.

Isn't it also on youtube with dub? Tho i do agree i'd like to read it without having to watch it on youtube.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4446 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4447 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:34 am

Post by Titus »

Bah...at least I crumbed effectively.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4448 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:37 am

Post by Bulbazak »

We only caught you, because we watched Cit.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4449 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:49 am

Post by pieguyn »

hey titus, was my read on you this game better than it was the last game we played?

:P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”