Followed by this:

hiplop wrote:
FoS on gilitah for possessing an idiot ball

And then this:

hiplop wrote:
unvote

vote archaebob
for taking everything too seriously

Can all be RVS, especially with the tone shift of the last post.

And then think about how this:

hiplop wrote:unvote, vote demonhybrid

calling someone definite scum o n the second page, over a RV. Plus blindly following bobby

Sounds genuine.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by ace5993 »

I don't think DH is lying about his claim.

Pine wrote:That is a very solid case by bob. Its strength suggests ONLY one scum in {bob, DH}. I don't buy that as bussing at all, so a DH scum flip would more or less clear bob and vice versa.

Yes, I'm reversing my stance on bob. I only get tunnel vision like this when I'm wrong, and lately I've been seeing the Towniness and been plain stubborn.

Unvote
Vote: DemonHybrid

Do I even have to explain why this is scummy?

Read the case on Pine:

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 0#p3138980

And give an opinion on it.

Pine's back from V/LA in 1 day and he's semi-posting in the meantime anyway so I don't see a reason to postpone this wagon any longer.

Unvote, Vote: Pine
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:15 am

Post by Barry Allen »

OK, before I hit the road for a looooong drive for work, I want to throw out some quick thoughts on what has been happening lately.

1. Bob makes an interesting argument on DH. I'm not certain I agree with every point raised by Bob on DH, but it does cast a suspicion on DH that made me pay attention. The role claim afterward does give me a bit of pause as far as a D1 vote. However, (see point 2)
2. Pine caught my attention just as much by "reversing my (Pine's) stance on Bob" and quickly voting DH. It was a VERY convenient and all-too-quick jump for my taste.
3. But, Pine is still V/LA and even though 1 day is left and "he's semi-posting" I would rather wait for a defense before switching a vote.

Bottom line is that I'm still concerned about hiplop, jil and Pine, with an "I don't know but I'm not happy with" type read on Nintendoaddict. My vote is still on hiplop for now, but that is something I'll review more closely when I can get back on late tonight.
Show
Life comes at you fast...be ready for it!
Barry Allen
- fan of speedsters everywhere, Mafia player since 2009.

My wiki page
The mafia forum I come from
My Tumblr
A Great Forum for Flash Fans
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:19 am

Post by hiplop »

that claim is awful.
third best scummer of all time
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:12 am

Post by archaebob »

@ everyone -

I'm actually a little unsure on this point of theory. If DH is telling the truth, is it the right play for him to out his partner? If he dies without telling us than his partner will never be confirmed. I'm not sure I see the reasoning behind not saying anything.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:32 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

hiplop wrote:that claim is awful.

Takes a lot of effort to sit there and not do anything, but instead, berate people.

My partner will claim in time. We're not outing both masons.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:47 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

hiplop wrote:that claim is awful.

By the way, not only does this post make you sound like some snob, you also never commented on whether you believe it or not. The kind of shit that I'm talking about when it comes to you (waiting too long to deliver information).

Do you believe it, do you not believe it, or are you not sure? Why?

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:00 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

And yeah, Pine sets off the scumdar for his vote hop, for reasons Barry Allen said. My scumreads are probably Jil and Pine at this moment, until Spadille's replacement actually says some things.

Pine:

Pine wrote:That is a very solid case by bob. Its strength suggests ONLY one scum in {bob, DH}. I don't buy that as bussing at all, so a DH scum flip would more or less clear bob and vice versa.

Yes, I'm reversing my stance on bob. I only get tunnel vision like this when I'm wrong, and lately I've been seeing the Towniness and been plain stubborn.

Unvote
Vote: DemonHybrid

You haven't explained in the least as to why you agree with it and feel compelled to switch your read on bob.

You want this one.
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:20 am

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

foilist13 wrote:The point I'm trying to make is that town (namely me) can have an honest motivation to defend other town (namely you) even when they don't need it.

How are you so sure that bob is town?
Giitah
Giitah
Goon
Giitah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Giitah »

At this point I'm also rather compelled to believe DH is town rather than scum. I'm not sure if defending him is in the best interest of the town so I'll leave it at that, I guess.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Honestly, I think you should out your partner DH. If you get night killed, that person is then clear at least. Plus, hard claiming a partner makes it more difficult on you in the cases that you are scum.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:56 am

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

Scumhunter wrote:Honestly, I think you should out your partner DH. If you get night killed, that person is then clear at least. Plus, hard claiming a partner makes it more difficult on you in the cases that you are scum.

Isn't the whole point of being a Mason to clear each other? If he outs whoever is the other half, they could just as easily both be scum. Although, that could happen even if the other half claims.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:24 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

The other mason isn't going anywhere. He/she will claim on their own time, lest scum risk a mason fakeclaim and an auto vote from my partner.

You want this one.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:07 am

Post by foilist13 »

@Nintendoaddict1: I am referencing a different game in which archaebob and I were both town and I chose to defend him.

RE: Outing Masons: You have two choices. Either you keep it a secret who it is, and maybe plant a breadcrumb that your partner knows about which they can then reference later when they claim, or you can out them. If you out them, you will either get lynched anyway, in which case your partner will probably be killed and that will be the end of the masons, or you defer the lynch and the scum have to decide and either paint both of you as scum or to spend their time killing you off instead of other PR's and having no hope of lynching you during the day.

It's up to you.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:07 am

Post by hiplop »

no scum would ever fake claim to be your partner, that would be awful
third best scummer of all time
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:55 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

foilist13 wrote:@Nintendoaddict1: I am referencing a different game in which archaebob and I were both town and I chose to defend him.

RE: Outing Masons: You have two choices. Either you keep it a secret who it is, and maybe plant a breadcrumb that your partner knows about which they can then reference later when they claim, or you can out them. If you out them, you will either get lynched anyway, in which case your partner will probably be killed and that will be the end of the masons, or you defer the lynch and the scum have to decide and either paint both of you as scum or to spend their time killing you off instead of other PR's and having no hope of lynching you during the day.

It's up to you.

Yeah, I'm not going to out my partner. Not quite yet.

Also, hiplop, I noticed you completely ignored my question. It's funny how you think you can sit there and insult ME for being bad, yet you're pretty much completely absentminded in this game.

You want this one.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:16 am

Post by ace5993 »

Incoming mason game theory post:

1. DH is town and outs his partner. We have two pretty much confirmed townies D1. Scum have two confirmed PRs (I consider mason a PR until there's only one left).

2. DH is scum and outs his "partner". We still have two (what appear to be) pretty much confirmed townies D1. Town gets suspicious when both are alive by D3 and lynches one - we then have a confirmed scum in his "partner".

3. DH is town and doesn't out his partner. If there's no CC we still have a confirmed townie, same as option 1. After DH dies, scum either CC the eventual mason claim or they don't. But look at it this way: we have two people claiming to be DH's partner, in the worst case scenario, we have one confirmed scum and a dead townie (essentially VT at this point). Good trade-off If no-one CCs the mason claim there's no problem.

4. DH is scum and doesn't out his partner. After DH doesn't die for a couple nights, town gets suspicious and make him claim. DH is then faced with the choice of either giving up or outing his scumbuddy in the chance that town will believe him.

Note how 3 is a much better option than 1, unless it happens in LyLo. If town-DH dies his partner needs to claim the day before LyLo just to prevent scenario 3 from actually being a bad scenario.

Now notice how both 2 and 4 are not too great for scum, making mason a terrible fakeclaim. Scum fakeclaiming mason are pretty much never going to out their "partner" for obvious reasons, but then it will be fairly obvious that they were lying about their claim once they survive the night a couple times. This makes mason one of the worst claims for scum D1, so the chance of DH being scum is tiny at this point.

For now, it is best to assume DH is town, which means he should NOT out his partner.

The only way scum can get away with fakeclaiming mason is for town to really not know how to handle the claim -preautionary measures that must be taken:

1. If DH is still alive after a little while we need an investigation/lynch on him.
2. DH's partner needs to claim the day before LyLo so scum can't effectively CC.

That's it. The only group that benefits in the long run from DH outing his partner are scum.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:39 am

Post by archaebob »

So long as we do actually lynch DH on Day 3, fine.

unvote vote Pine

Needs to post a lot more content than he has, and I don't buy that last vote switch.
"Just asking, jeez..."
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:43 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

If you guys really have bugs up your asses about my Jil vote, I'll switch it to Pine. Barry is right.

Unvote, Vote: Pine

Jil is still a strong suspect, though, UNTIL she posts some genuine reads and does some case pushing.

You want this one.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:52 am

Post by archaebob »

You realize she is being replaced, right?
"Just asking, jeez..."
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:55 am

Post by ace5993 »

archaebob wrote:You realize she is being replaced, right?

She's actually not but I want to know why we both thought that :p
Giitah
Giitah
Goon
Giitah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Giitah »

Lawl. Ace, I think you got the impression because I (laughing, by the way) noticed that Archaebob said Jil was getting replaced first if I'm not mistaken at around page 14/15, then I think you read that because soon afterwards you started saying that too. Rather amusing from the sidelines, really. ^^

So, clarifying, from what I know Jilynne is NOT being replaced. She... should have been back today but I'm guessing she had school.

Vote Pine

He's really scummy in my books so far anyway and I'll second Bob on wanting more content from him.

I'm curious, general question to anyone, what are your thoughts on Heliman so far?
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:13 am

Post by archaebob »

I think Heliman is scum.
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:44 am

Post by foilist13 »

I'm significantly more excited about a pine lynch than a DH lynch, so
unvote, vote: pine

That's L-2
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Valern »

OK. I'm here, and I'm gonna be reading here and there throughout the day. I try to be concise when I can, so I'll probably slam you all with lots of little posts rather than one ginormous one while I catch up. I apologize if I rehash something someone has already said.

First thing of note -

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
archaebob wrote:
nintendoaddict1 wrote:
archaebob wrote:
nintendoaddict1 wrote:
RVS: Spad
cause it sounds like spud.

Why are you labeling your vote as random? Nervous much?

vote: nintendoaddict1

Cause I used random.org and then typed up some lolwut reason.

Using a randomizer to pick your vote and then making sure everyone knows just how random it is defeats the purpose of a random vote, and makes you sound like nervous scum.

Wagon please.

No, I like to make it clear when I am using an RVS vote, because some people do not make it known, thus it makes it very confusing as to whether or not it is actually random, so unless I say RVS I am making a serious vote.

*sleuths*

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p2964869
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p2992531
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p3036141
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p3060322

This is a lie.

I present to the jury three town games and a scum game, none of which feature Nintendoaddict feeling the need to preface his vote with an "RVS:" If it's scummy that he felt the need to do so, it's even
more
scummy that he felt the need to lie about why he was doing it.
l'enfer, c'est les autres

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”