ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 6:15 am

Post by ZONEACE »

before i start, i would just like to say that it is extemely funny that all of the claimed cops seem to have targeted each other in the first few nights.

my results are as follow.

before i replaced the original incarnation of the Z-Z-Z targeted and got results as follows

Night 1 Sketchwick as Warren Wiggins
Night 2 there was no choice made in time
Night 3 Gaspode as Ichabod

now on night 4 i made a choice. As I was extremely suspicious of MGIA, i targeted him and he is indeed the Policeman In the Pail.

i, like gaspode, was told that i shouldn't try make alignment judgements based on the role names.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 7:04 am

Post by Fuldu »

Updated role claims:

big_kahunia - Turtle, townie
Cadmium - Aunt Anne, vigilante
Fuldu - Queen of Quincy, governor
Gaspode - Ichabod, letter cop
gslamm - Vera Violet Vinn, doc/roleblocker
Morpheus - Willy Waterloo, mason
Mr_Gnome_It_All - Policeman in a Pail, sane cop
Sketchwick - Warren Wiggins, mason
Talitha - Papa, (naive?) cop
Willows_weep - Many Mumbling Mice, roleblocker
Zoneace (was bloojay) - Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz, name cop

Cop results:
Talitha - Cadmium, Tigris, gslamm: innocent; MGIA: no result
Gaspode - gslamm: V; Cadmium: no result; MGIA: P; ZONEACE: Z
Mr_Gnome_It_All - Yoko Kurama: innocent; mneme: guilty; Sketchwick: no result; ZONEACE: innocent
ZONEACE - Sketchwick: Warren Wiggins; Gaspode: Ichabod

Roleblocker choices:
gslamm - Mneme, Jaguar, MGIA, Talitha
willows_weep - no choice, no choice, no choice, Talitha

Vigilante choices:
Cadmium: no choice, no choice, Uraj45, no choice

Okay, if MGIA is Peter Pepper's puppy, then he and ZONEACE could be scum covering for one another. He's been established as P by two of the three other cops, so it's hard to imagine that ZONEACE and Gaspode are both lying for him. If MGIA is, in fact, Policeman in the Pail, I can't imagine that he isn't the cop he claims. So, since ZONEACE clears MGIA and MGIA clears ZONEACE, they're either both town or both scum. So, if scum kills one of them, then we have a confirmed innocent.

We have a single dead mason, everyone has claimed, and only two people who are in agreement about one another's masonhood have claimed mason. Sketchwick and Morpheus are cleared.

Everyone has claimed, and we only have one doc role claimed. Unless jeep wanted to balance a lot of cops with no doc, gslamm is probably who he says he is.

That's all my thoughts for now, but I'm sure I'll come up with more to say.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 7:10 am

Post by gslamm »

gaspode wrote: After looking through the book, I realized that Vera Violet Vinn playing the "very very very awful" violin doesn't seem like she would have any doc-like qualities; on the contrary, it seems a bit like a scum role to me (Ichabod and the other little yellow guy are holding their ears as if in pain).
As it was explained to me I don't heal, I prevent the attack. It's unfortunate that this annoys the targeted by preventing their action too.

I still don't believe WW, but if I were forced to change my vote it would go to Cadmium as I'm always leary of a claimed vig.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 9:12 am

Post by Sketchwick »

Ok, first I think it's fairly obvious that zoneace and gaspode should both target big_kahunia tongiht. The T line leaves little other room for any other T characters. I suspect we will be able to "prove" the turtles innocence in this way.

Is it also faily obvious that the P roles should target each other and gslamm should flip a coin and target one of them?

The problem I'm having is that I can't really see a use for Willow's weep role block, and maybe it is best to just lynch him. I think I'd rather lynch cadmium though. I'm very suspicious of people who eat people on nights there was no mafia kill.

I should also mention my other theory that I think is very consistant with everything we have seen so far. Zoneace and MGIA are in fact mafia together, BUT zoneace does in fact find out peoples names. Since he cliamed last and knows there is no lassie role he can claim he investigated whoever he wants. So here is the hidden mechanic I think might exist: the mafia gets to choose how their death scenes show up. So it's possible zoneace targetted willows_weep on night 1 and the mafia choose to have the kill show up as "many attackers" night 2. Does anyone know if it's likely bloojay would target willow's_weep?

It's also quite possible that Fuldu has the ability he says but is still mafia. However if he is going to continue to post brilliant recaps and deductive reasoning, I say he is the LAST mafia we lynch. :) Hmmm....can his ability help the town though? I can't see a way right now.

I must say things look good for the town if it weren't for the fact no one claimed the kill of the mafia. This is very odd indeed and it reminds me the mafia may have more tricks than I can possibly imagine.

Hmmm....I just realized Willow's_weep could be mafia with a role blocking ability which would explain why gaspode got no result one night (w_w simply lied about targetting)

Maybe we should just lynch w_w. But not now. Still need to hear other people's ideas.

Cadmium, why did you kill uraj45 when you did? Can you choose to kill every night? No more kills? I realize this info helps the mafia but you have to realize your kill coming on a night with no mafia kill is super-suspicious. I hate incomplete claims.

Warrenwick
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 9:32 am

Post by willows_weep »

I don't heal, I prevent the attack
Thats from Glsamm...
I can't really see a use for Willow's weep role block
From Sketchwick...

I block someones role. So glsamm tells us the role blocks both, whoever Glsamm picks and whoever does something to the person Glsamm picked.

That is kind of different from thinking Glsamm is a doctor/roleblocker...

But anyway I end up blocking 1 person. Glsamm 2.

You can't see the use of my ability to roleblock?
Please let me in on the use of Glsamms.
could be mafia with a role blocking ability
So
could
a lot of players (not that exact ability but have an ability regardless of alignment). I'm sure I brought that up somewhere here already.
Yea Im pretty sure I did.
In my case I am not mafia. I do have the ability.

....going now.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 2:42 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Most of Sketch's logic makes a lot of sense, especially considering Mafia 9 (modded by Jeep, included different abilities for each mafia member). The only problem I have is that I don't see how the P's targeting each other does any good.

I'm still suspicious of the fact that we have two roles that block night actions, despite what WW says, and of course the Cadmium situation seems a little scummy as well.
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:03 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Well once we confirm one of them that confirms a lot of other peolpe so if they check each other that helps confirm more when one of them eventually die.

But if we do lynch w_w today maybe it's better to have gslamm protect a non cop if w_w is innocent. That way non of the mafia we assigned to investigate somone can claim they were blocked....if they are both mafia with gslamm.

(shrug) I think we are good to go and should lynch w_w but I want to hear agreement on my plan or a better idea....

Warrenwick
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:20 pm

Post by gslamm »

I agree. Sketchwick, Morpheus, BigK or Fuldu at random got it. Though I feel it likely that unless I get lucky I'll be the one killed tonight. I'm ok with that since I would have had to come out today anyway AND it lead to catching scum. Can we lynch WW now?
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:23 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Why is everyone "all in my grill" hehehehehhe....hahahah.
Why is everyone targetting me here?
Of the two roleblockers why do I have to be the one everyone wants to lynch?

There is NO love in this thread!

See the thing if and when you lynch me you find out I am Many Mumbling Mice and protown a roleblocker...what will you do then?

There is one flaw in that plan but I don't think anyone is REALLY listening or actually caring to or whatever so meh.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:31 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Hmmm....I was saying don't protect the cops if w_w is innocent....seems like you were assuming....or maybe you know w_w is innocent....

Hmmmm.

Still want to here fromn cadmium too, he should be back in a day or two.

Warrenwick
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:51 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

unvote
if im voting someone
vote w_w
this needs to end.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Yeah looks like MGIA, zoneace, and gslamm are mafia.

Bow to the list. :)

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:57 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

double post to ask anyone on w_w wagon to unvote, and ask Big_K if he thinks it's likely there were no docs this game un just semi portected turtles....

Warrenwick
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 6:02 pm

Post by jeep »

VOTE COUNT
11 alive means 6 to lynch.
willows_weep 5 (gslamm, Morpheus, big_kahunia, Fuldu, zoneace,)

Not Voting:
Cadmium, gaspode,
Mr_Gnome_It_All, Sketchwick,
Talitha, Willows_weep,

-JEEP
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 6:09 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

unvote: willows_weep
for now

I would like to hear "the flaw", Willow.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 6:46 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Good turtle.

You know, has anybody else listend to JEEP reading to his daughter and thought, "That's the FIRST time I've EVER heard a man say, 'Give it to daddy,' and it was TOTALLY innocent.

Warrenwick
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 8:19 pm

Post by willows_weep »

The only flaw in the plan was the assumption that glsamm would live.
If the plan is heavily based on glsamm double blocking then that gets screwed if glsamm dies.
You lose information because you wouldn't know who glsamm targetted(even if it was pre arranged you can't be sure), you could get an elaborate set up where everything is being coordinated in the thread and then finished at night,and this reminds me of Dethy.
The cop game. Someone is not telling the truth. And the fact that you have to factor in a lie without knowing it is the lie is well...bad.

Yes Glsamm already mentioned the possibility of him dying.
But the fact that he does so while there is talk of making plans for the night in the thread just seems to me a sort of...trapdoor?
Like whatever the plan is when it gets set up it would be relying on glsamm somewhat right?

I dunno, just kind of convenient that Glsamms role is hard to work with others.
IE. Cant do a team sort of thing because would end up blocking the other persons role. Which again I don't think is helpful at all.

Multiple kill groups. Then take a doctor. Have the role Save the doctor (by preventing an attack)but then it would prevent the doctor from making a choice to save another. That isn't really a win win situation is it?
The role can't even work with my role, or a cop either.
Only to test if someone who claimed an ability actually has it. But that can easily be made up etc since most have already established their identities...

Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 9:15 pm

Post by Cadmium »

I knew it. You decide to be helpful and kill the SK for the town and what do you get? A thank-you-for-nothing.
Sketchwick wrote:Cadmium, why did you kill uraj45 when you did? Can you choose to kill every night? No more kills? I realize this info helps the mafia but you have to realize your kill coming on a night with no mafia kill is super-suspicious. I hate incomplete claims.
Incomplete roleclaim? What's incomplete about claiming "vigilante". If I couldn't kill every night, I would have said so. I'm a normal vigilante. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why did I kill Uraj45? What's this? Why did Mr_Gnome_It_All investigate mneme night two? Why someone else on night three? Because he thought they looked guilty. Why else would I kill someone being a vigilante? And if you want to know why I found him suspicious, just re-read the thread. I'm not going to explain to you why someone looks suspicious, you can figure it out yourselves being intelligent scummers (I hope).

It's really simple. There are four people claiming cop. We know that can't be right. I understand that a vigilante claim is always suspicious but it also is a very common role in mafia games and I happen to be the only one claiming it. So why lynch me when four people are claiming cop and I can prove my innocence tonight? Just give me a target (depending on the result of the lynch) and the next morning, either the target or me is dead and you have your truth.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 9:49 pm

Post by Talitha »

Sketch thinks we have 2 mafia? I guess this could be true. The mice, the horse and the alligator could maybe be mafia together. But the way Jeep lists the dead scum with simply "mafia" after their names makes me think there's only one mafia.

I suspect we're looking for David Donald Doo, as Jerry and Sammy's buddy.

Cadmium: How will you killing someone tonight be able to prove that you didn't take on Uraj's role when you ate him?
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 10:18 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Talitha wrote:Sketch thinks we have 2 mafia? I guess this could be true. The mice, the horse and the alligator could maybe be mafia together.
2 mafia? One group containing animals only? No way. If I would have been mafia with the mice and the horse, I would never have suggested the mice as a possibility of being a mafia role. Also, I would never have claimed my role on the first day. No, I think there's only one mafia group. But that kill on Flying Dutchman bothers me. Since I offed the SK night three, there should have been only one group left. Yet someone other than the mafia or me makes a kill night four. Noone else claims vigilante, so my conclusion is that there's another/succeeding SK in the game.
Talitha wrote:How will you killing someone tonight be able to prove that you didn't take on Uraj's role when you ate him?
I have to explain everything, don't I ;)? Take a look at the night results:

Night 3: Uraj 45, Serial Killer, is dead. He was eaten all mup
Night 4: Flying Dutchman, Mafia, was killed.

Flying Dutchman was not eaten all mup. That's how you will know that I'm telling the truth, the words "eaten all mup".
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:46 am

Post by gslamm »

Sketch: :oops: missed the conditional. Actually I'm convinced WW is scum.

Cadmium of course will kill me if that turns out to be false. Or I'll be lynched tomorrow if I survive. So there is no benifit for me to be lying.

So I should protect one of the cops? or a non-cop?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:26 am

Post by Fuldu »

Sketchwick wrote:It's also quite possible that Fuldu has the ability he says but is still mafia. However if he is going to continue to post brilliant recaps and deductive reasoning, I say he is the LAST mafia we lynch. Hmmm....can his ability help the town though? I can't see a way right now.
I was wondering how long it would take before someone at least suggested the possibility that I'm mafia. And, sadly, I have to agree with you that my ability can't really help that much. It confirms me, but it costs us a lynch, and I don't think that's a worthwhile tradeoff. Hell, it's only slightly better for the town than flat out lynching me just to see what happens. What if I
promise
that I am who I say I am. :wink:

For the record, I believe Cadmium, and I think he has it right that we started with one mafia and two SK. I'm increasingly inclined to believe that willows_weep is the remaining SK, and that the mafia member(s) are making a mess of the police force. Again, I think that if MGIA or ZONEACE are scum, they're scum working together, so if we think there's only one mafia member left, then they're likely cleared. I guess that of the four roles, Talitha's seems the most likely to be a single villain working alone, but she's done an excellent job of not seeming scummy, so I'm uncomfortable with that conclusion. My attitude is that we should still lynch willows_weep today and then work out what to do tomorrow based on the night outcomes.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:39 am

Post by Sketchwick »

Holy crap I never did think there was two mafia. But I do now. Which means up to 4 of you could be lying.

At this point it seems the mice have been killing turtles. Turtles are my friends.

I hope you bad guys kill a lot of each other tonight.

Vote: willows_weep
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:51 am

Post by jeep »

VOTE COUNT
11 alive means 6 to lynch.
willows_weep 5 (gslamm, Morpheus, Fuldu, zoneace,Sketchwick,)

Not Voting:
big_kahunia, Cadmium, gaspode,
Mr_Gnome_It_All, Talitha, Willows_weep,

-JEEP
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:55 am

Post by jeep »

This post is NOT related to the game. I had to lock the topic to reduce the chance someone would post while I was changing the post count. There is a topic in Help for any who experience the problem in other topics. This is related to the problem we had when the disk filled up.
Originally, I wrote: temp lock to fix
Last edited by jeep on Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”