Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:50 am

Post by Carmine »

This talk of "stalling" does seem like a push to hurry with the claims from Talitha, frankly. I thought it was a good idea to wait for God's disclosure, as there were some significant questions hovering over the missing investigations. I find it significantly scummier to not think that a little tardiness, a little patience, when it's possible that one wrong lynch could lose us the game, is worthwhile.

However, the missing choice has now been explained (however unsatisfactorily) and there is someone caught in a claim that's very strange: two back ups to one doctor? Colour me completely unconvinced. My original enormous FOS stands on ZONEACE, probably standing to turn to a vote tomorrow/Monday.
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:42 pm

Post by Talitha »

I explained already why I wanted quick claims, Carmine. Once we decided to do a mass claim we shouldn't be giving people extra time. And don't you think that if God did have a missing investigation, that he should keep it under wraps? Or were you more worried that he might have investigated you, and would dispute your roleclaim?

And why no comment on what to do about MeMe? - It's obvious that she is a decapitator, don't you think? Or are you agreeing with MeMe, that it's more likely that God is making up his investigations?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:24 pm

Post by MeMe »

First - just so no one thinks I'm dodging the allegation -- I am not the decapitator. I will not claim further today, though, as there is absolutely no need to divulge any more information when most of us (even those who agree on nothing else) agree that ZONEACE is lying.

Talitha -- I
think
this is the most times in one game that my statements have been so boldly misrepresented; I'm
positive
it's the most any one player has been the perpetrator. I never said that God was making up his investigations (and actually
have
copped to the fact that gold coins can fit with my role...and that if God
were
making up his investigations, it would have been smarter to apply the gold coins to the Bishop - whose role was already exposed). But how on earth can a higher-level thinker as yourself
not
be skeptical about the fact that he claimed to have missed one investigation...and didn't apparently even realize that he'd missed another until it was brought to his attention...AND the fact that he's quoted the mod (or is at least pretending to) without being punished? I'm not making up this stuff, it's all right here in the thread. One may interpret the facts differently than I do, but to pretend my conclusions aren't at least potentially sound is either ignorant (and I know you're not) or deliberately misleading. Tell me what's wrong with my logic and we can go from there...but I can't imagine anyone's going to go along with you to lynch me based on "it's obvious...don't you think?" when you've given no evidence to back it up and never
will
be able to because it's simply untrue.

And why the hell hasn't anyone (other than myself, that is) taken a critical look at Talitha's statement that she wants both me and ZONE dead by tomorrow and the fact that if she gets her wish and even
just one
of ZONE or I is innocent, scum will have won the game? Also take into consideration that ZONEACE seems unconcerned about her statement/plan when, even if he actually WERE town and
truly believed
me to be scum it would lose the game for him. I think it's quite obvious why he's chosen to throw unsubstantiated insults like "irratic" [sic] and "desperate" and "crap logic" my way...because with her plan, he'll win anyway.

Everybody, please read today's events carefully. Note the way that Talitha attacks and then drops her arguments as soon as I put a magnifying glass to them and expose them for what they are: smart-sounding scumminess.

ZONEACE today -- Talitha tomorrow -- and hopefully we'll have more direction by the time we have to make another lynch decision.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:25 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

if you guys are gonna kill me, just get it over with. Its obvious that no matter how much truth i throw at you, you will all listen to MeMe, despite her being scum.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:15 pm

Post by Talitha »

MeMe: I'm more skeptical about the fact that you're now refusing to claim. How can this be in the best interests of the town, if you are pro-town? If I am making false assumptions about your role, surely you would want to show me where my mistake is? There is solid evidence that points to you being a decaptitator. We have lynched (and Willows has cannon-balled) based on much less so far. How can you help Willows make the best decision here, if you refuse to claim?

God is not paying enough attention to this game, that is obvious. That is also the simplest and most logical explanation for the points that you and Carmine keep bringing up about him.

Also MeMe, if you were the mod in this game, would you mod-kill God for quoting a prod message?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:27 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

MeMe wrote:Talitha's statement that she wants both me and ZONE dead by tomorrow and the fact that if she gets her wish and even
just one
of ZONE or I is innocent, scum will have won the game?
well then, i guess the town will lose, since I' FRICKING TOWN AND YOU AREN'T.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:36 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Hm...Im sorry but Zone "no matter how much truth I throw at you"?
Are you talking about were you claim a nurse? Where else?

I don't actually get that. It seems so wrong. I mean doctor went then, if DP said the back up was here why would DP make it sound like only 1?
And then...why have 2 backups for the same person if that person can only die once?

Thats 1 doc 2 backups right? But both back ups going into effect...

How come you don't choose Talitha as being most scummy Zone?

To be honest? I definately have my doubts on MeMes alignment.
More so than anyone else in the game, but I think that is only because Talitha is also in the game. There is reason for me linking those to points but no worries.

My thoughts? Ok MeMe and Talitha have been...discussing for a while now and regardless of their status there is scum alive no?

Ick just got the mail that another post was here, checked it and saw Zones recent one.
Where did the calm go in this game? (Was it ever here?)

Something I am worried about= Talitha edging me into her posts. I just feel that you are slipping me into your posts off and on and it doesn't make me feel comfortable at all. Mentioning trying to help me figure out who to kill in order to get the game balanced again (Im a vig but haven't killed since the first time). And then you mention my power again on this page, and me making a decision in the same post.
Perhaps you are trying to be helpful, but it does skeeve me.
Maybe me saying you are "slipping " and "edging" it in brings your intentions into a light you had not meant it for but that how it is to me.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:37 pm

Post by Talitha »

And is there anyone else here who thinks that God would even consider making up a quote, attributing it to DP, and the put it in his signature where it can be seen on every post, in every thread on this site? Just so it can seem like he's not paying attention in this game
when he really is
???

If this is the case I'll be completely astounded. I think MeMe is a little desperate here.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:41 pm

Post by willows_weep »

I was going to tell my thoughts on that when you had asked MeMe, but then you had specfically asked MeMe.

Hm, for the
so it can seem like he's not paying attention in this game when he really is???
part I wouldn't have thought about it like that. I would have just stopped at "Dude...he is lurking a lot. Doesn't DP not like that?"

But hmm if it were my game and I noted a siggy like that, and because it would/should directly deal with me and what I had said I would be royally pissed if it were qouted anytime before the game had ended. But that's me.

Sure it's a game tactic. One that is very chance-y. But If it were used for me while game is still on I wouldn't modkill but just kindly ask for the removal, and or express my dislike.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:43 pm

Post by Talitha »

Willows: I'm sorry if you feel like I'm trying to manipulate you.... is that what you're saying? I am trying to sway you, but only because I want town to win the game. I actually believe that the only reason that you're alive today is because the scum thought they could probably get you lynched. And I think they'll probably kill you or God tonight. Today could be our only chance to get rid of 2 scum in one day (and we need to, to re-balance the game). You've played games with me before, and I only play like this (pushy, etc) when I am town and I can sense a town loss is coming.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:55 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Lol yes that's what I mean.

HM I have wondered why I am still alive. I figured that the mafia wouldn't count on me making a decision that would actually hurt them.
And I figured they would only take me out in night because if after Im lynched and found innocent as I said then those on the voting lynch will have some serious explaining to do or something.

Why kill me tonight and not other nights?
Right now I am not a threat to anyone. If you hadn't brought any of this up I probably wouldn't have thought of doing anything. How long has it been since my only cannon?

I understand re-balancing the game. It's just that I can't or wont just kill someone if there isn't a majority decision you know? I know it's likely someone in the majority decision may end up being anti town but I want to be an extension of the town, not just one player. And I do appreciate your helpfulness.

OMG...Do I always sound like this?
HM, this thread seems to be most active late nights.

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:28 pm

Post by Talitha »

willows wrote:Why kill me tonight and not other nights?
Because I (and maybe other townies) was suspicious of you earlier. And if they've got 4 scum they only needed one townie vote to lynch a townie. Now that the townies have (I hope) figured out that it's stupid to vote for you, when you're obviously not mafia, I think the mafia will want to get rid of the threat. -shrug-

I definitely agree that you shouldn't act on one person's say so. Unfortunately the other people in this game who I believe are town are not voicing their opinions. So - I dunno - read the "Amy & Amiability" scrpit. Read the "Head" script. Make up your own mind. Ask Thoth (is he still playing?), God & FD what they think. I've done my best - I wont hold it against you if you don't kill MeMe, you have to play your own game.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:39 pm

Post by willows_weep »

See the way it worked in my mind was that it would be best to kill me later.
At least before endgame, because it would be hard to be in that situation. With me another town, another town, and then mafia. Or some other scenario where it's crucial for mafia to get a lynch.
In my mind then is the only time I would be a real threat...sort of anyway.

But yes, I will read the scripts.
I had stopped reading them and such because whenever I had noticed something, or had something to say on them no one understood what I was talking about. That is kind of disheartening.

OoOoo that's true, the 4 scum+1 townie vote is bad. But also reckless.

I just don't want to be reckless as well. Not now.

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:50 pm

Post by MeMe »

Talitha wrote:MeMe: I'm more skeptical about the fact that you're now refusing to claim. How can this be in the best interests of the town, if you are pro-town? If I am making false assumptions about your role, surely you would want to show me where my mistake is?
Talitha -- I think we can all, in general, agree that the
less
information scum have, the better. This game is no different. We now have a solid lynch target for today. I believe that you are the one who needs to defend your unconventional "everyone spill" stance when it serves no purpose except letting mafia know what not to say when it's their turn (and, incidentally, I've not been asked by ANYONE other than you to claim, at this point).
Talitha wrote:There is solid evidence that points to you being a decaptitator. We have lynched (and Willows has cannon-balled) based on much less so far. How can you help Willows make the best decision here, if you refuse to claim?
I, quite simply, do not think it a good idea to have willows target anyone tonight. As I've
already
explained -- even assuming a correct lynch today, if mafia kill tonight & she kills the wrong person, we could lose the game. It's just too risky when tomorrow we will, at worst, be in the same situation we are today if she doesn't choose to kill. And there is no "solid evidence" that says I'm the decapitator because I'm not -- and if you're referring to the episode you cited earlier/God's coins, well you've drawn the wrong conclusions (and I think DP means it to be that way). Remember that God's results also put red hair with nursie -- what is the logical conclusion from that? The
wrong
one.
Talitha wrote:Also MeMe, if you were the mod in this game, would you mod-kill God for quoting a prod message?
If I'd put it in my rules that messages couldn't be quoted AND had already mod-killed in the game for the same type of infraction, then I'd be pretty hypocritical not to.
ZONEACE wrote:well then, i guess the town will lose, since I' FRICKING TOWN AND YOU AREN'T.
Um...good one.
Talitha wrote:And is there anyone else here who thinks that God would even consider making up a quote, attributing it to DP, and the put it in his signature where it can be seen on every post, in every thread on this site? Just so it can seem like he's not paying attention in this game
when he really is
???

If this is the case I'll be completely astounded. I think MeMe is a little desperate here.
And there you go again, Talitha. This is not what I said about the quote. I said that it looks as though he put it in there to make himself more credible. What
else
could be the reason to have it accompany his posts? Is it entertaining? Clever? Sage? No. No. No. It's there simply to "prove" that what he says happened really did happen...and that's kinda cheating whether it's true or not. Get it straight though, at this time I'm not too concerned about God -- and I think he's
probably
town (as I've said earlier). But I note all weird behavior because...well...that's the kind of anal person I am and it often pays off later on. No one gets a "100% cleared" stamp from me unless they're dead or my mason or some such. Currently, there is only one person alive in this game of whose townieness I'm sure....and only one person alive in this game of whose scumminess I'm sure. ZONEACE fills the latter slot.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:00 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

MeMe wrote:and only one person alive in this game of whose scumminess I'm sure. ZONEACE fills the latter slot.
well then, you fail
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:03 pm

Post by MeMe »

Gosh - what the heck? In the time it took me to type that, there were two more posts.

Talitha's "is he still playing" comment about Thoth caused me to look at his posts. I don't think I remember him
ever
being this silent and his posts are of the following-behind, no-new-ideas variety. Of the live players, he's also the one that's posted the longest time ago (Tuesday). This is
not
the time for anyone to keep quiet and I
know
he's been online.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:04 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Who get's the townieness?

Ok question?
Townie-town no ability, just day speak.
Am I the only one that uses townie usually as that definition.

I ask because I was about to say do I get the townieness or do you get the townieness.
But then if you mean townie as just someone who is protown then that could be any one person.
Could be you you're talking about even if you do have an ability, could be me (though I don't know your thoughts on me this moment, only past stuff), could be a mason ( well you brought it up) or "some such".

See the whole thing with me killing tonight. I am built to kill for the town. Since I am built to do it blindly ( not getting anything helpful like "Kill so and so, they are antitown.") me making the wrong choice is another part of the game right?

Me saying that probably sounds bad to some of you but it's true. That's how the vig role works right Sure what we're doing now (talking about me targetting) is also part of the game but I doubt its so built into games as the chance of mistakes.

Why wasn't any of this brought up before anyway?

Anyone else have any input?

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:09 pm

Post by willows_weep »

I know MeMe, everytime I finish a post or in the middle of writing one I see my mailbox count go up. And what is it?
Another post in Blackadder heh.

It's cool though.

That is odd that Thoth isn't a big poster of late?
I would say its definately not a time to be quiet so long, since the active players have so many question marks in their posts.

Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:15 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I think lynching ZONEACE is our best bet, 2 nurses taking over from one doc is a bit...... unlikely.........

It's till a DP game, though, you can never know.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:25 am

Post by Carmine »

"What to do about MeMe"? I don't think it's obviously anything: Talitha found a script which incriminates a bag of coins, but she'd already said that the bag of coins fit. And the red hairs to Nursie seem like something of a misdirection on DP's part, which would support her rather than the so-called "obvious" conclusion. It seems far more likely to me that Zoneace is the liar, so, as I thought I might,
Vote: ZONEACE

Interestingly, that was quite a turn around on your part, Talitha.
Talitha wrote:I would be delighted if God turns up with another investigation.
Talitha wrote:And don't you think that if God did have a missing investigation, that he should keep it under wraps?
By all means, if he had investigated he should have kept the result under wraps, but the information that he had investigated someone (or, in this case, no information at all about whether he had or not) might have put the wind up some people and make them seem more panicky and pushy than usual... ring any bells Talitha and MeMe?
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:40 am

Post by Thoth »

mod prod received.

I'm sorry. The past few days have been much more busy than I anticipated. The few times I could log on the game I'm modding took all my time (modding is more time intensive than I thought).
I'll have to read the pages since Thursday, before I can post, but I'm afraid that's going to be tomorrow morning, unless I'm home early tonight.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:51 am

Post by MeMe »

Carmine wrote:By all means, if he had investigated he should have kept the result under wraps, but the information that he had investigated someone (or, in this case, no information at all about whether he had or not) might have put the wind up some people and make them seem more panicky and pushy than usual... ring any bells Talitha and MeMe?
What the heck is
that
supposed to mean, Carmine? I said this days ago...
MeMe wrote:Here's what I want to do -- I want God to tell us what happened to the other missing investigation (not who/what -- just IF it exists and, if not,
why
not)...
...so in order for you to lump me in with Talitha trying to make it sound as though I was panicky because I might have been afraid of what God was going to reveal, you'd have to completely ignore earlier contents of the thread.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:57 am

Post by ZONEACE »

well, the town had a good run, but with this last, stupuid act, they will probably lose.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:10 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote count, five to lynch, no deadline

Zoneace 2 (MeMe, Carmine)
MeMe 1 (Zoneace)
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:56 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Vote: ZONEACE
, I just want to look at the MeMe-thing tomorrow, not sure what to think of that yet, but ZONE seems scum anyway.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”