Shell Game (Day 4)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #4975 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:19 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 4972, Lukewarm wrote: (God trying to do this from my phone was painful)

Hermit and Bingle

Town:
Marci -
Spiffeh - was leaning town, strengthened by the brian flip
Shello - I was on the fence about them in day 1, but I liked their reaction to the guilty, and the more I think about their claimed role the more convinced I am that it is quite literally a perfectly designed town role for the set up (shout out to Ceph).

Tentative town:

Cat Scratch Fever
morph the cat (fferyllt & Cabd)
Save The Dragons

Even more tentitive town:
Oblivion - I felt pretty strongly about this read day 1, but they have been gone for so long, and I lack object permanence, so this read is flatlining
Dannflor - I distinctly remember thinking that Dann looked townie, but I quite literally cannot recall why.
Dunn - I leaned town on him for his read progression on me day 2, and especially liked that he actually went and looked at our prior game when I mentioned that he had been wrong before, but I having a lack of alignment thoughts on him today

Meh:
Firebringer
Firebagel
PenguinPower

Meh, Meh:
Sunflower

Would kill:
Gypyx
experience
For what it is worth, it apologizes for being gone. It maybe doesn't have time for this, but it really wants to? It is having a hard time engaging with this game past its frustration of everything being over its head between personal relationships, players communicating with hidden winks and nudges, neighbourhoods it isn't in it's.... a lot.

Add onto that that it has dental surgery this upcoming week to finish what happened to it a few weeks ago (broken tooth) and so it has really not been in the right place.

It could use some help re-inserting itself into the game, it feels, because right now it is... Daunted, is the correct word it feels.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4976 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:20 am

Post by Oblivion »

It doesn't know what that help looks like, be it players chatting with it and asking it questions or attempting to do mental models on players with 200 pages of content to... sift through....

It.... yeah. Just yeah.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #4977 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:21 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 4975, Oblivion wrote:

Hermit and Bingle

Town:
Marci -
Shello - I was on the fence about them in day 1, but I liked their reaction to the guilty, and the more I think about their claimed role the more convinced I am that it is quite literally a perfectly designed town role for the set up (shout out to Ceph).

Tentative town:

Cat Scratch Fever
Save The Dragons

Oblivion - I felt pretty strongly about this read day 1, but they have been gone for so long, and I lack object permanence, so this read is flatlining
Dannflor - I distinctly remember thinking that Dann looked townie, but I quite literally cannot recall why.
Dunn - I leaned town on him for his read progression on me day 2, and especially liked that he actually went and looked at our prior game when I mentioned that he had been wrong before, but I having a lack of alignment thoughts on him today

Meh:
Firebringer
Firebagel
PenguinPower

Meh, Meh:
Sunflower

Would kill:
Gypyx
experience
For what it is worth, it apologizes for being gone. It maybe doesn't have time for this, but it really wants to? It is having a hard time engaging with this game past its frustration of everything being over its head between personal relationships, players communicating with hidden winks and nudges, neighbourhoods it isn't in it's.... a lot.

Add onto that that it has dental surgery this upcoming week to finish what happened to it a few weeks ago (broken tooth) and so it has really not been in the right place.

It could use some help re-inserting itself into the game, it feels, because right now it is... Daunted, is the correct word it feels.
I’m not Luke but you could look at experience’s most recent posts and it would be a good start. He’s kinda hot topic and shouldn’t be too hard to read.

-HM
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4978 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:22 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

And I’m confirmed town so you know I’m not misdirecting! :P
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4979 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:23 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4976, Oblivion wrote: It doesn't know what that help looks like, be it players chatting with it and asking it questions or attempting to do mental models on players with 200 pages of content to... sift through....

It.... yeah. Just yeah.
don't feel forced to read everything, like, 200 pages is a lot for anyone

you want me to summarize everything?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4980 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:24 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 4978, Hermit Crab wrote: And I’m confirmed town so you know I’m not misdirecting! :P
Confirmed town unless you and... was it Bingle? are gambiting for some reason which it thinks would be a little TOO much to do at this point. But it doesn't like to speak in absolutes on things like confirmed town unless it's certain... or did something else reconfirm you past the mason claim?
But not older.

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4981 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:24 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 4979, Gypyx wrote:
In post 4976, Oblivion wrote: It doesn't know what that help looks like, be it players chatting with it and asking it questions or attempting to do mental models on players with 200 pages of content to... sift through....

It.... yeah. Just yeah.

**I** want to see you summarize everything.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4982 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:24 am

Post by Oblivion »

It.... yeah. Just yeah.

It would enjoy seeing you summarize things, if only because it'll help it with your alignment too?
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4983 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:24 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 4977, Hermit Crab wrote:

Hermit and Bingle

Town:
Marci -

Tentative town:

Cat Scratch Fever
Save The Dragons

Meh:
Firebringer
Firebagel
PenguinPower

Meh, Meh:
Sunflower

Would kill:
Gypyx
experience

I’m not Luke but you could look at experience’s most recent posts and it would be a good start. He’s kinda hot topic and shouldn’t be too hard to read.

-HM
Would reading Experience's ISO give it enough context to understand the issues there?
But not older.

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4984 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:25 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 4980, Oblivion wrote:
In post 4978, Hermit Crab wrote: And I’m confirmed town so you know I’m not misdirecting! :P
Confirmed town unless you and... was it Bingle? are gambiting for some reason which it thinks would be a little TOO much to do at this point. But it doesn't like to speak in absolutes on things like confirmed town unless it's certain... or did something else reconfirm you past the mason claim?
You don’t have *absolute* confirmation, but if you reread both of our ISOs with respect to each other (even a Ctrl f will suffice) you can see the trend.

-notsci
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4985 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:25 am

Post by Gypyx »

Can we please not throw shade at masons
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4986 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

They are not confirmed beyond claim, but I seriously, seriously doubt they would fake claim masons together.

My recommendation (and personal plan) is to treat both as if they were confirmed town, unless they both manage to be alive at like, the day before elo. And even then would still seriously doubt it, but would be contractually obligated to at least give it a double look at that point.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4987 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:28 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 4985, Gypyx wrote: Can we please not throw shade at masons
What part of this is out of line, exactly? It isn't going to not trust them with the amount of space we have, we killed scum day 1. We have time. That said, it isn't going to just auto lock players that aren't double confirmed or flipped or what have you.

We went through this in the other game, Gypyx. Acting overly locked creates paranoia. Take your "almost always town" pass and wear it instead of pushing for "always town must be listened to 100% of the time" because THAT is what generates paranoia and shade.
But not older.

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4988 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:29 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4983, Oblivion wrote:

Hermit and Bingle

Town:
Marci -

Tentative town:

Cat Scratch Fever
Save The Dragons

Meh:
Firebringer
Firebagel
PenguinPower

Meh, Meh:
Sunflower

Would kill:
Gypyx
experience

-HM
Would reading Experience's ISO give it enough context to understand the issues there?

I believe it would give enough context, possibly with a couple drops out of iso mode to see reactions, etc.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4989 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:30 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

I feel like I saw a question from you two when I was skimming, I’m going to have more time for this game tomorrow and am on phone
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4990 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:30 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 4986, Lukewarm wrote:
They are not confirmed beyond claim, but I seriously, seriously doubt they would fake claim masons together.

My recommendation (and personal plan) is to treat both as if they were confirmed town,
unless they both manage to be alive at like, the day before elo
. And even then would still seriously doubt it, but would be contractually obligated to at least give it a double look at that point.
This is about how it feels. Perhaps the day before the day before elo? But we killed scum day 1, we don't have to worry. If this is a gambit to run town into the ground for a while we will eventually return two scum for it on later days, and neither of these two are in the dethy so we would be in a good spot.

This gambit would only be made if those 2 were confident in the status of their final scum partner, but that's enough about that.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4991 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:31 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 4988, morph the cat wrote:
In post 4983, Oblivion wrote:

Hermit and Bingle

Town:
Marci -

Tentative town:

Cat Scratch Fever
Save The Dragons

Meh:
Firebringer
Firebagel
PenguinPower

Meh, Meh:
Sunflower

Would kill:
Gypyx
experience

-HM

I believe it would give enough context, possibly with a couple drops out of iso mode to see reactions, etc.
Okay, that is what it will spend its energy on today, plus if players have questions for it it will attempt to answer, though... energy levels aren't at 100 still.
But not older.

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4992 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:32 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4989, Hermit Crab wrote: I feel like I saw a question from you two when I was skimming, I’m going to have more time for this game tomorrow and am on phone

I wanted to know where your reads are at currently, but it can wait until you've had time to reread/rethink.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4993 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:33 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4982, Oblivion wrote:

It.... yeah. Just yeah.

It would enjoy seeing you summarize things, if only because it'll help it with your alignment too?
Just realized i shouldn't have offered that given how little i've read lol

basically morph started the day by claiming a hard guilty on shello, shello claimed a role that fit as being clear according to that guilty (vig and oddskeeper, not sure what it does but you can check back i guess)

big blank where i got too busy

Stuff in the dethy hood got quite confused, and most people who got the cop shots can't actually use them

the big pushes are experience and me, both for different flavors of inactivity, experience kinda acted extremely clueless about stuff while my activity this game so far is quite different from my recent town meta

bottom text
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4994 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:35 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

When did you realize we were masons?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4995 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:36 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Things of note you might want to look at, and voice opinions on:

Morph claiming a guilty appearing result on Shello, and Shello's response and claim. Link to their joint iso (should take you right to the claim): viewtopic.php?t=92641&user_select[]=221 ... &start=777

Experience's iso

Maybe consider wolfbae's point on gypyx viewtopic.php?p=14178959#p14178959
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4996 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:36 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4994, Hermit Crab wrote: When did you realize we were masons?
When you told me you were masons lol

bottom text
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4997 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:48 am

Post by wolfbae »

Hermit and Bingle

Town:
Marci -

Tentative town:

Cat Scratch Fever
Save The Dragons

Meh:
Firebringer
Firebagel
PenguinPower

Meh, Meh:
Sunflower

Would kill:
Gypyx
experience
Okay, thank you.

Gut impression says this is not a readslist expressing a scum agenda which is what I was checking for here. The fact that all the pressure is on the dethy might make this less reliable but I think committed stances on the players outside of it are more valuable than stances inside of it because there's more wiggle room in the larger bunch where scum have to be more strategic about their reads.
super secret alt
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4998 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:50 am

Post by Save The Dragons »