Mini 715: Legends of Literature Mafia (Over)

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by SlySly »

Caboose wrote:
SS wrote:Can you post without making an assumption?
SS, you can't read anybody's posts literally in mafia, you have to make inferences ("assumptions" as you like to call them).
Thank you for enlightening me, I have never played before.

Are you not attacking me for what you consider an assumption of mine after you yourself have already done plenty of assuming
in this game
?
Caboose wrote: Why did you make this post?
SS wrote:Oh yeah. Bah! Humbug!
Are you telling me that you don't have a 3rd assumption for my reasoning there?

I made that post to express my xmas spirit in response to Riceball's avatar and Christmas-y post. I was gonna vote Rice but Carn had already beat me to the reasoning.
Caboose wrote:
SS wrote:I find it hilarious that you have to paraphrase to make your point. That just proves mine.
*sigh*
What is your "case" on rofl if that isn't it?
I don't think it exists.
You do realize that was my first post in the game don't you?

My vote is a random vote. I just stated it in a way that would help keep the random stage short, might put a little pressure on rofl, and help geting the interrogations underway. Just look how successful I was. It sure seems that my random vote got under your skin more than the person I put the vote on and got your assumption train rolling. That I will take note of.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Caboose »

SS wrote:My vote is a random vote. I just stated it in a way that would help keep the random stage short, might put a little pressure on rofl, and help geting the interrogations underway. Just look how successful I was. It sure seems that my random vote got under your skin more than the person I put the vote on and got your assumption train rolling. That I will take note of.
Ha ha
Ha ha
Ha ha

Nice way to try to back out of a crappy arguement.
I'm not buying this "I baited a trap" BS. Is anyone else?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by SlySly »

SlySly wrote: This implies that you have no knowledge of scum tactics. According to your signature, you have been scum enough times to have that inside knowledge.
In response to the idiotic Chainsaw defense accusation of me from the over assuming Caboose, can anyone, including Caboose, show me in the quote above where I, in any way, defended CC?

unvote:roflcopter

vote:Caboose
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Caboose »

SlySly wrote:
SlySly wrote: This implies that you have no knowledge of scum tactics. According to your signature, you have been scum enough times to have that inside knowledge.
In response to the idiotic Chainsaw defense accusation of me from the over assuming Caboose, can anyone, including Caboose, show me in the quote above where I, in any way, defended CC?

unvote:roflcopter

vote:Caboose
That's the point of the "chainsaw defense" definition. You never actually address the person you're defending.
You made a crap attack, plain and simple, and you got voted for it? Why are you voting for me for voting you for being scummy? I think it's OMGUS.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by SlySly »

Caboose wrote: You never actually address the person you're defending.
Virtualization / (assuming things that aren't there) seem to be the basis of everything you discuss.

------------------------------
Caboose wrote: I think it's OMGUS.
Another assumption. Hard to believe it took you so long.

You accuse me of pulling "reasons out of (my) rear end" while you reach for the stars trying to pull a chainsaw defense from the sky?

I notice you didn't exactly address rofl, so would the following be an example of a chainsaw defense?
Caboose wrote:
roflcopter wrote: that implies some sort of inside knowledge about scum mechanics
He's saying that CC looks like he has inside knowledge of
this
game's scum mechanics.
I didn't know what a chainsaw defense was before you told me. My statement was not a defense of CC, but you bringing up the chainsaw defense makes the quote above seem like an example of what you are trying to paint me with.

You state something you can't prove and then paraphrase to "attempt" to prove it instead of just admitting you were wrong.

You scumminess is what has earned my vote. You are either scum or VI. Time will tell.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by icemanE »

Caboose wrote: I'm not buying this "I baited a trap" BS. Is anyone else?
Nope, not buying it one bit.

unvote - vote: Sly
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by SlySly »

icemanE wrote:
Caboose wrote: I'm not buying this "I baited a trap" BS. Is anyone else?
Nope, not buying it one bit.

unvote - vote: Sly
:roll:
baited trap? hardly!

What do you think about Caboose's opinion that my post 26 was a chainsaw defense of CC?
What do you think about Caboose's opinion that my "Bah! Humbug!" post was an attempted PR fake?
What do you think about Caboose's stating that a quote was fact and paraphrased in his response to fill in the missing piece because what he was stating as fact was not a part of the quote when I questioned him about it?
Do you think Caboose is showing a pattern of grasping for straws to make mountains out of molehills?

-----------------------------------------------
icemanE wrote: I don't think the mass flavor claim would do us any good right now. It's so broad and the fake claim options are endless... the only way it would work out is if we were all characters from the same book.
I had not even thought of the possibility that we were all from the same book. I assumed, which is generally pretty stupid, that we would all be from different books.

mod: Can you confirm whether we are all from the same book or not?
vaquero
vaquero
Townie
vaquero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Post by vaquero »

Okay, this is all a little too hostile for page 3, if you ask me. Why are you so aggressively anti-Sly, Caboose? I'm not saying he's not scum - hell if I know on PAGE 3 - but there certainly isn't enough of a reason to stomp all over him like that this early.

Give it a break, both of you, so we can get a larger discussion going.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:10 am

Post by roflcopter »

unvote, vote: sly

fos: vaquero
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:12 am

Post by icemanE »

sly wrote: What do you think about Caboose's opinion that my post 26 was a chainsaw defense of CC?
I don't agree with it. I don't really put any stock in either side of that argument, over whether rofl was talking about scum this game or scum in general.
sly wrote: What do you think about Caboose's opinion that my "Bah! Humbug!" post was an attempted PR fake?
I think it was soft-flavor-claim, not a PR fake.
Sly wrote: What do you think about Caboose's stating that a quote was fact and paraphrased in his response to fill in the missing piece because what he was stating as fact was not a part of the quote when I questioned him about it?
I don't really understand what you're asking here.

About straws and molehills - yes, his case is a bit of a stretch, and I don't agree with most of it.

But I've seen the "trap" defense a couple of times, and I never give it any merit.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:14 am

Post by roflcopter »

ps vaquero is obv sly's scumpartner
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:51 am

Post by SlySly »

roflcopter wrote:ps vaquero is obv sly's scumpartner
Why? Because he has a brain and isn't grasping for straws?
vaquero
vaquero
Townie
vaquero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:48 am

Post by vaquero »

ps vaquero is obv sly's scumpartner
Obviously.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Caboose »

Sly wrote:Virtualization / (assuming things that aren't there) seem to be the basis of everything you discuss.
Yeah, mafia bring in the implicit too. :roll:

The point is that you jumped on rofl early for a
non-scum tell
, and it comes in light of the fact that rofl made a valid accusation to CC. Jumping on someone for a non-scum tell IS A SCUMTELL! I voted you for your scummy post and then you OMGUS me and say "oh, it was to get 'discussion' going," which I think it total bullcrap.
Okay, this is all a little too hostile for page 3, if you ask me. Why are you so aggressively anti-Sly, Caboose? I'm not saying he's not scum - hell if I know on PAGE 3 - but there certainly isn't enough of a reason to stomp all over him like that this early.

Give it a break, both of you, so we can get a larger discussion going.
This has to be the clumsiest attempt at changing the subject that I've ever seen.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:05 am

Post by roflcopter »

caboose wrote:This has to be the clumsiest attempt at changing the subject that I've ever seen.
plus its another tar tell, the stallin' defense
soi soi soi

vaquero
vaquero
Townie
vaquero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by vaquero »

caboose wrote:This has to be the clumsiest attempt at changing the subject that I've ever seen.
I don't know if I'd call it clumsy. I was open about wanting to talk about something else. Take from that what you will, but you'll be disappointed if you think I'm scum.

I even said
vaquero wrote: I'm not saying he's not scum
because quite frankly, I'm not saying he's not scum. I'm just saying you're a bit overzealous here, which to me, is just as suspicious as anything Sly did. I just hate it when people jump all over someone so early in a game, when there's not a really good reason (note I'm not saying there's no case at all) to do so.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

I agree with vaq in that I would also like this discussion to not dominate the entire day, putting us at square one tomorrow when we end up hitting a townie.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by SlySly »

Riceballtail wrote:I agree with vaq in that I would also like this discussion to not dominate the entire day, putting us at square one tomorrow when we end up hitting a townie.
OMFG!!!!

Riceball, you are obviously chainsaw defending me. I can tell you trying your best to get me to pull a Fong. With you are saying "square one" and "hitting a townie" it is painfully obvious that you are in the midst of a BBB.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Wiki wrote: Chainsaw Defense
From MafiaWiki

The defensive tactic of claiming a role which investigates as guilty to respond to a guilty investigation without attacking the investigator.
Caboose, when I was executing my chainsaw defense of CC, which role did I claim and who was it that was questioning me about the guilty investigation they had on me?

It becomes clear that we should all take Caboose's word as gospel because his chainsaw defense definition was right on!!!
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by SlySly »

Caboose wrote: Chainsaw defense = defending someone by attacking that person's attacker. Usually the chainsaw defender uses invalid reasons in his/her vote.
In case anyone missed it.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by neko2086 »

I've heard caboose's definition used as the chainsaw defense elsewhere.
when we end up hitting a townie.
unvote; vote:Riceballtail
In Tartiflette We Trust
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Caboose »

vaquero wrote:I'm just saying you're a bit overzealous here, which to me, is just as suspicious as anything Sly did. I just hate it when people jump all over someone so early in a game, when there's not a really good reason (note I'm not saying there's no case at all) to do so.
I saw a scummy post. I voted. Sly keeps acting scummier and scummier by the post. I'm not relenting.
riceballtail wrote:I agree with vaq in that I would also like this discussion to not dominate the entire day, putting us at square one tomorrow
when we end up hitting a townie
And how do you know whether Sly is a townie or not?
Sly wrote:OMFG!!!!

Riceball, you are obviously chainsaw defending me. I can tell you trying your best to get me to pull a Fong. With you are saying "square one" and "hitting a townie" it is painfully obvious that you are in the midst of a BBB.
Go ahead, Sly. Sit and mock me. You're really helping your case.
Sly wrote:Caboose, when I was executing my chainsaw defense of CC, which role did I claim and who was it that was questioning me about the guilty investigation they had on me?
You didn't roleclaim, you claimed the character Scrooge. No, you didn't explicitly say that, but that's the only literary character that I know of that says "Bah, Humbug."
Sly wrote:It becomes clear that we should all take Caboose's word as gospel because his chainsaw defense definition was right on!!!
That's what the Wiki wrote, when it was last edited
more than a year ago
. Oh, yeah, and nice ad hom too. And if you don't know what ad hom is, look it up on wikipedia. It's where you attack me instead of my arguements, and it's about as strong as a small twig. That kind of arguement also really pisses me off.

You made the scummy post and then you vote me for calling you down on it while backing out of a crappy arguement and trying to crap on my credibility in the process.
Nice.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Caboose »

neko2086 wrote:I've heard caboose's definition used as the chainsaw defense elsewhere.
It was used by Tarhalindur in a currently ongoing game.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by SlySly »

neko2086 wrote: I've heard caboose's definition used as the chainsaw defense elsewhere.
It doesn't really matter either way since my statement was not a chainsaw defense. It takes an extreme reach to think it was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caboose, I did not claim Scrooge. That is just another hair brained stretch of yours to make something out of nothing. You do realize how close Christmas is, don't you?

Referencing ongoing games on top of your idiotic reaches of scuminess? VI is quickly becoming a bigger possibility in your case.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by SlySly »

icemanE wrote: I don't really understand what you're asking here.
I am referring to this...
SlySly wrote:
Caboose wrote:
roflcopter wrote: that implies some sort of inside knowledge about scum mechanics
He's saying that CC looks like he has inside knowledge of
this
game's scum mechanics.
Where does he specify this game?
SlySly wrote:
Caboose wrote: So you FoS me because I can read? LoL. It was pretty clear what rofl meant in his post.
In other words, you can't point out where he specified "this" game.
Caboose wrote: Did rofl really need to sit and type out "it seems like he knows the scum mechanics in this game at this point in time right here right now" to make himself clear?
He had to paraphrase, because he knows what he is claiming as fact is not actually there in the statement in question. Do you not agree?
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

neko2086 wrote: