Newbie 970 - Quietville - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Rain wrote:@Lateralus
Lateralus22 wrote:
Rain wrote:Half and half. It was random between the people I had any reason to vote for, which as Xite said was him and Orphen. As Mirhawk said there's not really much else to go on right now as far as reasons for voting go, if any better reasons come up, which would be pretty much anything, i'll change my vote to reflect that.
(A)
Please do give credit where credit is due. I believe it was Vayre's words, page 2 (Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:22 am).

(B)
By the way, do you mind answering some of your own questions? I would like to know your thoughts about both Xite's and Orphen's behavior.
(A) I don't understand, what are you referring to? Even though I didn't post it I read and acknowledged Vayre's reason for voting.

(B)Yeah, no problem. Is there any specific questions or do you want me to post my general thoughts?

Orphen

First post is RVS, nothing more to say.
Orphen wrote:All this talk, and all this blabbing on about something tiny and insignificant is sidetracking us, and is anti-town behavior. Get over it, it's RVS, all the other reasons for voting are insignificant, and mainly ignored, at least by me. Also doubt a scum would vote without supplying a reason and bring so much attention to himself.
From what I've read he's voting Xite for dragging on about adding a reason to your RVS vote. I don't find this scummy because I believe the scum would prefer to stay on the sidelines instead of move the game forward. His last sentence appears to be WIFOM, after all this didn't bring a large amount to Rain nor would I ever expect it to. In any game here all I would expect to hear is someone kindly saying (to the play who didn't add a reason) to post a reason to RVS so it can add to the discussion. It wouldn't lead to that player being lynched right away, in fact it put Xite in the spot light instead.

Orphen's 3rd post

Orphen wrote:1) If it happens again (which it won't, do you really think that bad of us?) we'll deal with it then. Reacting this heavily over no RVS reason? Just a warning? It's a warning that sidetracked us quite a bit, you could of just said "hey would you mind telling us the reason behind the vote, cause if we dont put our reasoning then the scum can vote without giving reasons and itd be really hard to scumhunt." Yet you didnt. You've just dragged on and on about the same thing, and keep repeating the same points over and over again.
Looking over this point I simply do not agree. Xite's second post was a simple 3 lines, now whether a vote is overreacting or not is debatable and if we skip ahead to page 2 Rain shows that he understood what Xite was saying. However every time Xite brought up his point it was because someone questioned him.

See here,

1st When Lateralus asked "Xite, what do you mean by "this is your warning"?"
2nd & 3rd time was when Mirhawk called Xite a hypocrite so he had to explain his post and they had a small discussion. (Page one, starts from Mirhawk's first post)
4th Time was when Lateralus misundertood Xite's post and he explained the whole situation... again. (After mrdean's first post)

Now you'd think he stop but... Orphen decided to bring this up again leading to the 5th explanation with red text. So really it wasn't that Xite felt he needed to bring this up over and over again but it was that someone questioned him about this point.

Points 2/3/4 I don't have anything to say.

If he is scum it seems like he's really just baiting Xite into overreacting, but I believe I or someone else has already said that.

If he's town then it seems like he's judging a bit too fast and his case is weak.

Xite

Actually, I've already gone over what he's done in the Orphen analyse.

If he's scum then he's just being silly. He appears to be trying to obtain a leader like position in order to keep suspicion away or either to lead the town into false lynches.

If he's town then I still believe he is overreacted and should focus more on the game at hand. He doesn't need to post long paragraphs, a simple answer would help the game move along smoother. While he's tried to help the town understand good game mechanics he should be more focused on scum hunting.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:
Rain wrote:If he's town then I still believe he is overreacted and should focus more on the game at hand. He doesn't need to post long paragraphs, a simple answer would help the game move along smoother. While he's tried to help the town understand good game mechanics he should be more focused on scum hunting.
Funny thing is I am scum hunting.
I do have a case on orphen do I not?
Also, from my actions, I am gaging reactions. Simple as that.

Also, I gave my reason why I wasn't so kind.
In non-newbie games I tend to be a little nicer about it because it's not as likely for it to happen again.
Whether I'm scum or town is irrelevant to this^, I tend to have a god-complex in newbie games because I feel I have a bit more to offer to them opposed to games i'm playing with players more experienced than me, irl and online. But, alas I am meta-gaming myself and will now shut up.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Xite91 wrote: Funny thing is I am scum hunting.
Only after someone voted for :wink: Although I guess that doesn't really matter. Is Orphen the only one person you suspect of being scum at the moment? Did you think anyone was else was scum before then?

What reactions have you gotten out of people? All I recall is Mirhawk calling you a hypocrite and Rain telling you he understands what you're saying. (Or are you counting Orphen's case against you as a reaction? )

Speaking of Mirhawk... Is their a particular reason you've decided to only respond to/when Xite does?

Post 1 & 2 are discussing with Xite
Post 3 is responding right after Xite does
Post 4 is an exception, but it's only telling Compute about RVS

Do you have anything to say about the game?
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Rain »

@Lateralus
The following is what I consider to be the correction. Changes are highlighted between parentheses.
Lateralus22 wrote:
Vayre (Not Rain) wrote:Half and half. It was random between the people I had any reason to vote for, which as Xite said was him and Orphen. As Mirhawk said there's not really much else to go on right now as far as reasons for voting go, if any better reasons come up, which would be pretty much anything, i'll change my vote to reflect that.
I know it's no big deal, but gallons of red ink have told me to reference citations properly. The same is true for Xite's above post, I think the quote should read as follows:
Lateralus22 wrote:If he's town then I still believe he is overreacted and should focus more on the game at hand. He doesn't need to post long paragraphs, a simple answer would help the game move along smoother. While he's tried to help the town understand good game mechanics he should be more focused on scum hunting.
instead of:
Lateralus22 wrote:
Rain wrote:If he's town then I still believe he is overreacted and should focus more on the game at hand. He doesn't need to post long paragraphs, a simple answer would help the game move along smoother. While he's tried to help the town understand good game mechanics he should be more focused on scum hunting.
Again, I recognize it's not game breaking. Perhaps I'm just afflicted with a
little
OCD.
All cats die. Socrates died. Therefore, Socrates was a cat.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Lateralus22 wrote:
Xite91 wrote: Funny thing is I am scum hunting.
Only after someone voted for :wink: Although I guess that doesn't really matter. Is Orphen the only one person you suspect of being scum at the moment? Did you think anyone was else was scum before then?

What reactions have you gotten out of people? All I recall is Mirhawk calling you a hypocrite and Rain telling you he understands what you're saying. (Or are you counting Orphen's case against you as a reaction? )
Who do I suspect? Everyone.
Who do I suspect based on merit?
Honestly, Orphen is on the top of my list
After him are you and Mirhawk

I could be biased but Rain seems really townie to me
As for everyone else? They really haven't posted enough for me to decide.

Honestly Lateralus I would give you a case on you and Mirhawk if I had one, but it's not so much something youve done as much as just a suspicion that you're scum, which is why I haven't said anything.

preview edit:
Rain wrote:instead of:
Lateralus22 wrote:
Again, I recognize it's not game breaking. Perhaps I'm just afflicted with a
little
OCD.
Oops, preview is my friend... sorry about that, I probably deleted a post I decided was irrelevant to my case and accidently left the quote there.

And actually it could be game breaking, imagine someone misreads it and run a whole case against you and then you're lynched on someone else's quote. Good catch
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Lateralus22 wrote: Speaking of Mirhawk... Is their a particular reason you've decided to only respond to/when Xite does?

Hmm I never really noticed that myself until you pointed it out. Its not intentional, just those are the posts I was responding to. At this point I'm not as suspicious of Xite as I was before anyway. I don't think she defended herself very well, but if I were mafia and in her shoes I would had tried to deflect that conversation off me and onto someone else sooner than she did.
Xite91 wrote: That being said, I don't think there should ever be a time where someone is not voting, especially in a noob game. Vote counts help replacements, something noob games typically have a lot of, because it shows replacements at a glance how things are going, and I really don't care to find another random reason to vote.
If you want any more of a reason, you may have learned your lesson, but youre still in time-out until I say so. :D
I didn't really see a reason to be throwing random votes around at the beginning of the game. 90% of the time those votes get changed anyways. Besides I hope that any new player who switches into the game would actually read the thread from the beginning rather than make their opinions on the latest vote count.

As for Orphan, I don't think his behavior is overtly suspicious. His last post against Xite was kinda terse but that could be explained by how abrasive she was in her previous post.

I'm more interested in Lateralus, you seem to have a fence sitting position between Xite and Orphan where you are mediating the dispute and could easily jump onto whichever side looks like the town is leaning toward.

Of the remaining players Rain seems the least suspicious, and the rest I don't have any particular opinion on yet.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

BTW at this point we are 48 hours into the game and Nachomamma still hasn't posted. Is this an acceptable amount of time for a prod to be issued?

Also MrDean hasn't posted in a while.
Computing
Computing
Townie
Computing
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Computing »

Rain wrote: @Computing
Computing wrote:In that case I'm afraid it's got to be you for getting the Powerpuff Girls theme in my head
Would the corollary be that you would retract your vote if Xite changes his avatar? How about if I had an avatar portraying SpongeBob SquarePants, would I gain your trust instead?
If you were to change to a SpongeBob avatar my vote would never stay off you. Even if you did change your avatar; that show is an abomination.
But rly, just trying to participate in the RVS; my vote will change if I think someone is suspicious or if it looks like he's close to being lynched. At the moment I'm actually edging towards changing to Lateralus for a reason he actually brought up himself, he said "I believe the scum would prefer to stay on the sidelines instead of move the game forward." which it seems to me that he's doing without drawing suspicion by not posting about what's going on at all.
Rain wrote:Computing has no taste in TV shows (do you really know their theme song by heart? o_O)
I don't know it by heart! And haven't seen it in forever, the theme is just
really
annoying.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Computing wrote:But rly, just trying to participate in the RVS; my vote will change if I think someone is suspicious or
if it looks like he's close to being lynched.
Computing is scum. Lynch computing.
I'll start this bandwagon.
Unvote, Vote Computing
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Computing
Computing
Townie
Computing
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by Computing »

Xite91 wrote:
Computing wrote:But rly, just trying to participate in the RVS; my vote will change if I think someone is suspicious or
if it looks like he's close to being lynched.
Computing is scum. Lynch computing.
I'll start this bandwagon.
Unvote, Vote Computing
W-w-wait, what? Why does this suggest I'm scum? I just said I'd change if you were close to being lynched because as of this instant at least I don't think you are scum and so wouldn't want to be contributing to getting you lynched when I don't think it is you ;__;
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Xite91 »

oops
unvote, vote:whoever has the least amount of votes, sorry mod, don't know who that is :P

because they have the least amount of votes

sorry, I misread that. I thought you were saying that you would vote whoever looked like they were going to get lynched. My bad. :P
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Rain »

It seems I have Computing to thank for no one voting for me :P
Computing
Computing
Townie
Computing
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Computing »

@Xite Oh, thank goodness, I'm sorry my post was unclear.
@Rain Xite's "whoever has the least votes" vote could change that right back to how it was though.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Computing wrote:@Xite Oh, thank goodness, I'm sorry my post was unclear.
Haha, no problem, it was more my fault anyways. I'm in the middle of a really dumb game that makes me jumpy on everyone as all hell because it's nothing but 70 pages of spam spam spam and pissing me off :x
I'll try a little harder to differentiate between games a bit, sorry.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Rain »

@Computing
To remove any ambiguity, I think Wolf would just consider Xite's latest vote to be an unvote.

@Mirhawk
I would venture a guess and say most people change their underpants frequently during the year, probably 90% of the time, maybe even more. By your line of reasoning, should we throw away all underpants and do without?

That was rhetorical. Please do not answer, especially if you're a guy.

In all seriousness though, RVS, as stated here, in the wiki, and elsewhere, provide us with a starting point. Subsequent posts then reveal the author's character and everybody gets to play detective. Not voting withholds information, not because that voting was particularly useful, but because you stump any discussion that may arise. So please be a dear and vote for someone. It can be anyone, for any reason. Do keep in mind though that while "being an ass" is a totally valid reason for voting, it might be considered weak.

@everyone
This relates to some people publicly judging me as pro-town: I am grateful, truly I am. Do keep in mind though that just because somebody trusts me, it does not mean I trust that somebody. Nothing personal, it's just to prevent a buddy scheme.

---

Totally off topic here, I checked out Orphen's first game, Newbie 909. An entertaining read, great character from Ren. Also, you get a peek at Orphen's behavior. However, I don't know if meta-gaming is encouraged or frowned upon, so do so at your peril.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Rain wrote:@Mirhawk
I would venture a guess and say most people change their underpants frequently during the year, probably 90% of the time, maybe even more. By your line of reasoning, should we throw away all underpants and do without?

That was rhetorical. Please do not answer, especially if you're a guy.
WTH does this have to do with anything? o.0

I don't expect you to trust me or anyone else, like I said I suspect all of you, but you, rain, seem to be the least threatening, therefore the most town.

Next, meta is an iffy thing, sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not. But this is a noob game, therefore meta is not that great because this is typically where play styles change the most.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Rain »

Ah, I'm sorry. I should've added this quote:
Mirhawk wrote: I didn't really see a reason to be throwing random votes around at the beginning of the game. 90% of the time those votes get changed anyways.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Mirhawk wrote:I'm more interested in Lateralus, you seem to have a fence sitting position between Xite and Orphan where you are mediating the dispute and could easily jump onto whichever side looks like the town is leaning toward.
I still have a neutral read on both players. As time passes and more information is here I will be able to get a better read on them.
Compute wrote:If you were to change to a SpongeBob avatar my vote would never stay off you. Even if you did change your avatar; that show is an abomination.
But rly, just trying to participate in the RVS; my vote will change if I think someone is suspicious or if it looks like he's close to being lynched. At the moment I'm actually edging towards changing to Lateralus for a reason he actually brought up himself, he said "I believe the scum would prefer to stay on the sidelines instead of move the game forward." which it seems to me that he's doing without drawing suspicion by not posting about what's going on at all.
Pot, meet kettle. This surprises me, I looked over my posts and I disagree with what you said. I try to advance the game forward by asking questions to get information and I posted my analyse on Xite & Orphen in order to contribute to the game. Do you think there's anything I can do in order to improve the way I'm playing?
Computing
Computing
Townie
Computing
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Computing »

@Lateralus It's more that you do still have a neutral read on them after asking so many questions, most of the questions seemed to me to be inclined towards keeping their suspicions up while avoiding attention. Xite did mention that he was also suspicious of you so I'm not alone in this feeling though I don't know if his reasons are as vague as mine.

I do know that I'm also trying to keep out of it and you've done a good job at asking questions so I don't think I would have done anything differently which is why I haven't changed my vote to you, you're just who I'm leaning towards at the moment.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

Rain wrote:@Computing
In all seriousness though, RVS, as stated here, in the wiki, and elsewhere, provide us with a starting point. Subsequent posts then reveal the author's character and everybody gets to play detective. Not voting withholds information, not because that voting was particularly useful, but because you stump any discussion that may arise. So please be a dear and vote for someone. It can be anyone, for any reason. Do keep in mind though that while "being an ass" is a totally valid reason for voting, it might be considered weak.
Fair enough.

At the moment I'm most interested in Lateralus so...

VOTE: Lateralus
[O]rphen
[O]rphen
Townie
[O]rphen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:20 am

Post by [O]rphen »

Sorry for the massive post:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Will be responding to these posts as i read then, so my view/stance may be contradicting. If so, the latter is my current stance
Lateralus wrote:@Orphen

What has Xite sidetracked this game from? Do you believe there anything important he could have brought up into the game instead of explaining what he did?

While Xite's overreaction unnecessary in his defense he did have to explain the same things about 4 times before your vote. No while explaining something for the 5th time will piss anyone off, is that what you were going for? Did you think Xite was an easy target to bait so you could use his overreaction as a reason to to lead a bandwagon against him?
Rather then what he sidetracked this game from, but rather the impression that i got that he was trying to sidetrack it.

Yes and no. Posting nothing rather then something useless is better. Or he could of posted useful things. If you get what i mean.

No, it was not what i was going for.

No, in no way did i try to get a bandwagon on him, nor would i think anyone would try to get a bandwagon started thru scum-hunting on the second page.
Xite91 wrote:
Lateralus22 wrote:
Xite wrote:Unless youre trying to lead a wagon on me and get me lynched because I'm an easy target
Do my questions make you feel that way, if so that was not my intention.
No, that was more towards Orphen. He seems to be trying very hard to make a case on me out of nothing
No, in no way did i, lets say question you, because you are an easy target, or an easy bandwagon. I don't know how you get this impression that i am doing such, and think you are just trying to blow out what i said in order to make what i said seem more "lethal."
Lateralus22 wrote:
Rain wrote:Half and half. It was random between the people I had any reason to vote for, which as Xite said was him and Orphen. As Mirhawk said there's not really much else to go on right now as far as reasons for voting go, if any better reasons come up, which would be pretty much anything, i'll change my vote to reflect that.
Please do give credit where credit is due. I believe it was Vayre's words, page 2 (Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:22 am).

By the way, do you mind answering some of your own questions? I would like to know your thoughts about both Xite's and Orphen's behavior.

@Computing
Computing wrote:In that case I'm afraid it's got to be you for getting the Powerpuff Girls theme in my head
Would the corollary be that you would retract your vote if Xite changes his avatar? How about if I had an avatar portraying SpongeBob SquarePants, would I gain your trust instead?

@Vayre
That's not fair. Why exclude other people from being your target? Anyone could have a number of illusionary scumtells: Nachmamma could be lurking (is that the correct term?), Mirhawk never voted despite knowing full well we are in RVS, Computing has no taste in TV shows (do you really know their theme song by heart? o_O), Mrdean voted and never posted again,
Lateralus pitted Orphen and Xite against each other with well crafted questions.
I'm omitting Xite and Orphen because I am under the impression those two were already in the pool of your potential targets.

Notice that I also omitted myself because, hey, that would be just plain irresponsible. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't base your judgment on who's not popular at the moment but rather on what people say, how they react, and on the flame posts that I'm bound to receive after this post.

@Xite
You've voted for me, gave me a warning, and crowned me your favorite newbie. As flattered as I am, don't you think it's a bit contradictory? I understand that your random vote was Vayre, so your vote for me being random is unlikely. I think we've discussed the no-reason thing for RVS at length, so I doubt that's the main reason (or is it still?). I notice you've cast a Finger of Suspicion on Orphen for 5-6 reasons. Is there anything that makes me more scummy than him at the moment?
I'm not liking the way you have portrayed lateralus in this post. You are making him out to be some scheming evil genius. Would you mind highlighting the post for me where he does this, so i can respond further?
Lateralus22 wrote:
Lateralus22 wrote:
(A)

(B)
Orphen's 3rd post

Orphen wrote:1) If it happens again (which it won't, do you really think that bad of us?) we'll deal with it then. Reacting this heavily over no RVS reason? Just a warning? It's a warning that sidetracked us quite a bit, you could of just said "hey would you mind telling us the reason behind the vote, cause if we dont put our reasoning then the scum can vote without giving reasons and itd be really hard to scumhunt." Yet you didnt. You've just dragged on and on about the same thing, and keep repeating the same points over and over again.
Looking over this point I simply do not agree. Xite's second post was a simple 3 lines, now whether a vote is overreacting or not is debatable and if we skip ahead to page 2 Rain shows that he understood what Xite was saying. However every time Xite brought up his point it was because someone questioned him.

See here,

1st When Lateralus asked "Xite, what do you mean by "this is your warning"?"
2nd & 3rd time was when Mirhawk called Xite a hypocrite so he had to explain his post and they had a small discussion. (Page one, starts from Mirhawk's first post)
4th Time was when Lateralus misundertood Xite's post and he explained the whole situation... again. (After mrdean's first post)

Now you'd think he stop but... Orphen decided to bring this up again leading to the 5th explanation with red text. So really it wasn't that Xite felt he needed to bring this up over and over again but it was that someone questioned him about this point.

Points 2/3/4 I don't have anything to say.

If he is scum it seems like he's really just baiting Xite into overreacting, but I believe I or someone else has already said that.

If he's town then it seems like he's judging a bit too fast and his case is weak.
Ok my bad, guess i rushed reading through the thread. TBH i read through the read and got a bad feel from Xite, coupled that with me thinking "wow why do you keep talking about the same thing," and decided to go with it. Must remember to re-read the thread before posting
So, i take back my previous posts on the reasons why you are scummy Xite. Yet that still doesn't clear you. I'm pretty sure your a wolf at this stage. I cannot really grasp why i think you are a wolf, just a combination of your posts.
Xite91 wrote:
Lateralus22 wrote:
Funny thing is I am scum hunting.

Also, I gave my reason why I wasn't so kind.
In non-newbie games I tend to be a little nicer about it because it's not as likely for it to happen again.
Whether I'm scum or town is irrelevant to this^, I tend to have a god-complex in newbie games because I feel I have a bit more to offer to them opposed to games i'm playing with players more experienced than me, irl and online. But, alas I am meta-gaming myself and will now shut up.
Your scum hunting? Doesn't seem like it to me. Seems like all you've done is responded to everyone else. You don't even want to vote me. Why don't you want to put a vote on me? Do you feel that me being on L-2 would be a bad thing, and that i will get hammered injustly? Or that suspicion will be drawn to yourself because you put me at L-2?
Mirhawk wrote:
Lateralus22 wrote: Speaking of Mirhawk... Is their a particular reason you've decided to only respond to/when Xite does?

Hmm I never really noticed that myself until you pointed it out. Its not intentional, just those are the posts I was responding to. At this point I'm not as suspicious of Xite as I was before anyway. I don't think she defended herself very well, but if I were mafia and in her shoes I would had tried to deflect that conversation off me and onto someone else sooner than she did.
Xite91 wrote: That being said, I don't think there should ever be a time where someone is not voting, especially in a noob game. Vote counts help replacements, something noob games typically have a lot of, because it shows replacements at a glance how things are going, and I really don't care to find another random reason to vote.
If you want any more of a reason, you may have learned your lesson, but youre still in time-out until I say so. :D
I didn't really see a reason to be throwing random votes around at the beginning of the game. 90% of the time those votes get changed anyways. Besides I hope that any new player who switches into the game would actually read the thread from the beginning rather than make their opinions on the latest vote count.

As for Orphan, I don't think his behavior is overtly suspicious. His last post against Xite was kinda terse but that could be explained by how abrasive she was in her previous post.

I'm more interested in Lateralus, you seem to have a fence sitting position between Xite and Orphan where you are mediating the dispute and could easily jump onto whichever side looks like the town is leaning toward.

Of the remaining players Rain seems the least suspicious, and the rest I don't have any particular opinion on yet.
Any reason as to why you responded as soon as you came under the spotlight? Or was it that you just happened to come on at that time? (and please dont take this in the wrong way, the second part aint sarcastic)
Mirhawk wrote:BTW at this point we are 48 hours into the game and Nachomamma still hasn't posted. Is this an acceptable amount of time for a prod to be issued?

Also MrDean hasn't posted in a while.
Yep
Mod, requesting a prod on Nach and MrDean please. Thanks

Computing wrote:
Rain wrote: @Computing
If you were to change to a SpongeBob avatar my vote would never stay off you. Even if you did change your avatar; that show is an abomination.
Rain wrote:Computing has no taste in TV shows (do you really know their theme song by heart? o_O)
I don't know it by heart! And haven't seen it in forever, the theme is just
really
annoying.
RVS was over a looooonnnggg time ago mate. There was no need to make an RVS vote when you did because someone else highlighted your original vote. Then again, your townie to me for this exact reason. (or newb scum)
Rain wrote:@everyone
This relates to some people publicly judging me as pro-town: I am grateful, truly I am. Do keep in mind though that just because somebody trusts me, it does not mean I trust that somebody. Nothing personal, it's just to prevent a buddy scheme.

---

Totally off topic here, I checked out Orphen's first game, Newbie 909. An entertaining read, great character from Ren. Also, you get a peek at Orphen's behavior. However, I don't know if meta-gaming is encouraged or frowned upon, so do so at your peril.
Any particular reason why you added the first paragraph? We're not here to make friends. (which i'm guessing is the reason behind it (like, you posted that so that people wouldnt get upset if you turned on them all of a sudden))

And i don't really see a reason as to why you posted that (my previous game, that it), i dont mind you guys reading it, im more interested as to why youd post it. As you can see, that game i was a wolf, failed badly (imo), made it obvious who my partner was, then subsequently raged and replaced out because a post failed. Although didn't do as a bad as my replacement :).

Oh and
FoS Mirahawk

For the way he voted for lateralus. Rather then vote for me or xite, or anyone else for that matter, he voted for the 'safe' vote, on the main "attraction" of the moment, and supplying the same reasons as everyone else.
Something that wouldn't really grab anyones attention.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:37 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Day 1 Vote Count #2

Orphen - Lateralus22, Vayre
Mrdean - rain
Mirhawk - Mrdean
Xite91 - Orphen, Computing
Lateralus22 - Mirhawk

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Xite91

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline for Day 1 Ends July 9th 6pm PDT

No worries about the prod on nacho, was giving him a little extra time due to holiday weekend and am prodding him now. MrDean has asked for replacement and so i will be looking for one now.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Rain »

@Orphen
Rain wrote:Lateralus pitted Orphen and Xite against each other with well crafted questions.
This was in reference to:
Lateralus22 wrote:@Orphen

What has Xite sidetracked this game from? Do you believe there anything important he could have brought up into the game instead of explaining what he did?

While Xite's overreaction unnecessary in his defense he did have to explain the same things about 4 times before your vote. No while explaining something for the 5th time will piss anyone off, is that what you were going for? Did you think Xite was an easy target to bait so you could use his overreaction as a reason to to lead a bandwagon against him?

@Xite

Do you believe your reaction was appropriate? Was it even required to explain the whole situation over again when you could have simply said you were explaining an important part of the game to rain? What was the main cause for your reaction, was Orphen's accusation, or was it his vote?
Now, about this:
Rain wrote:@everyone

---

The first paragraph is self explanatory, had you gone through the link. The link can also be found here, in case you've missed it again.

For redundancy, and because I have a feeling you never go through links (precedence was set with the above and with the incident concerning Xite's alphasitedown link), the "buddying up" phenomenon occurs when one tries to be friendly with another. For sake of clarity, I'm going to introduce names: Snow and Hail. They don't know each other, have never met, but Hail showers Snow with flattery and the like (ZOMG LEIK U S0 KEWL, U MUTS B TOWNN!!1). However, the circumstances have forced the town to lynch Hail, who turns out to be a mafia goon (OH NOES! 1 WAS S000 C1OSE!). If Hail was the first scum to be caught (in a town where more than one is known to be found), people would naturally assume Snow to be scum as well, when no or perhaps few rational reason exists. You can also call this guilt by association, but that may be stretching it a little bit.

As for my second paragraph, I would argue that it is also self explanatory. Everything I need to say was up there: it genuinely was a good read, and the character Ren played kept me smiling all along. Also, you said that you failed miserably, which piqued my interest. I do concur that meta-gaming is useless at this point.

But enough about me. Let's talk about you.

You've answered most of the questions directed at you with "no", which is fine.
[O]rphen wrote:Yes and no. Posting nothing rather then something useless is better. Or he could of posted useful things. If you get what i mean.

No, it was not what i was going for.

No, in no way did i try to get a bandwagon on him, nor would i think anyone would try to get a bandwagon started thru scum-hunting on the second page.

No, in no way did i, lets say question you, because you are an easy target, or an easy bandwagon. I don't know how you get this impression that i am doing such, and think you are just trying to blow out what i said in order to make what i said seem more "lethal."
So we know what you're not trying to do. Mind telling us now what you
are
trying to do?

Also, this quote is Orphen@Computing
[O]rphen wrote:RVS was over a looooonnnggg time ago mate. There was no need to make an RVS vote when you did because someone else highlighted your original vote. Then again, your townie to me for this exact reason. (or newb scum)
... So... you're saying... Computing can either be townie... or a newb scum...

Should I infer you ruled out Computing being a pro-scum, in a Newbie's game?

Also, I would really like to know your thoughts about one of my post (Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:44 am). I believe some of the points made then are still valid. I did not quote it here because it would lengthen this post for no good reason.

Until then though,
Hand of Suspicion: Orphen
. Screw poking, I'm going in for a full-on slap :P

@Mod

When you find a replacement for mrdean, is my vote going to turn into an unvote or would it point to his replacement? Had I the choice, I would prefer the latter, just to get him talking asap. Thank you.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Mirhawk »

[O]rphen wrote:
Any reason as to why you responded as soon as you came under the spotlight? Or was it that you just happened to come on at that time? (and please dont take this in the wrong way, the second part aint sarcastic)
No offense taken. I was online on and off for most of the day yesterday. I just didn't see the need to say anything until it was specifically requested of me.
[O]rphen wrote: Oh and
FoS Mirahawk

For the way he voted for lateralus. Rather then vote for me or xite, or anyone else for that matter, he voted for the 'safe' vote, on the main "attraction" of the moment, and supplying the same reasons as everyone else.
Something that wouldn't really grab anyones attention.
Why would I vote for you or Xite? I had already stated in my previous post that I wasn't all that suspicious of you and I wasn't sure if Xite would jump into the spotlight so much is she was scum. I had already voiced suspicions on Lateralus so I went with that. Are you implying that I should either jump onto the nearest bandwagon or vote randomly? With only a slight rewording you could have asked me that no matter who I had voted for.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Xite91 »

Posting all of your quotes I will use in your last post in order using 1,2,3,4..
[O]rphen wrote:1)a) Rather then what he sidetracked this game from, but rather the impression that i got that he was trying to sidetrack it.

b) Yes and no. Posting nothing rather then something useless is better. Or he could of posted useful things. If you get what i mean.

c) No, it was not what i was going for.

d) No, in no way did i try to get a bandwagon on him, nor would i think anyone would try to get a bandwagon started thru scum-hunting on the second page.

2)No, in no way did i, lets say question you, because you are an easy target, or an easy bandwagon. I don't know how you get this impression that i am doing such, and think you are just trying to blow out what i said in order to make what i said seem more "lethal."

3)Ok my bad, guess i rushed reading through the thread. TBH i read through the read and got a bad feel from Xite, coupled that with me thinking "wow why do you keep talking about the same thing," and decided to go with it. Must remember to re-read the thread before posting
So, i take back my previous posts on the reasons why you are scummy Xite. Yet that still doesn't clear you. I'm pretty sure your a wolf at this stage. I cannot really grasp why i think you are a wolf, just a combination of your posts.

4)Your scum hunting? Doesn't seem like it to me. Seems like all you've done is responded to everyone else. You don't even want to vote me. Why don't you want to put a vote on me? Do you feel that me being on L-2 would be a bad thing, and that i will get hammered injustly? Or that suspicion will be drawn to yourself because you put me at L-2?

5)Any particular reason why you added the first paragraph? We're not here to make friends. (which i'm guessing is the reason behind it (like, you posted that so that people wouldnt get upset if you turned on them all of a sudden))

6)And i don't really see a reason as to why you posted that (my previous game, that it), i dont mind you guys reading it, im more interested as to why youd post it. As you can see, that game i was a wolf, failed badly (imo), made it obvious who my partner was, then subsequently raged and replaced out because a post failed. Although didn't do as a bad as my replacement :).
1a. Okay, so you get a bad read on me? Now build a case on it and lets play some mafia!
1b. Actually, starting by posting something useless is the best way to do it, problem is that you have to build a rather weak case around the useless post, have them fight it, then proceed to read reactions, build a stronger case and so on until you're sure they're scum. If you decide they're not, you then explain why and back off.
1c. Well then what WERE you going for?
1d. If I had a good enough reason, I would :mrgreen:

2. Ooh, avoiding my accusation and instead putting one on me! We got a feisty one town, hang em high!

3. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/ ... 33x423.jpg
So if you had taken my advice this all could have been avoided? o.0
And refer back to 1a.

4. As opposed to not responding to everyone else and not adding anything to the game? *scratches head*
Honestly, I would love to put you at L-2, id like even better to put you at L-1, even better, I can go grab the rope. Thing is there's two problems with that
1 - at least one of those (i think) is still a random vote.
2 - I don't want to push a vote too hard that im not at least 90% sure of, but (in honor of our mighty mod and the all powerful Mal) let me make this abundantly clear, you're at about 87.9% and pushing it

5. I am. Needless to say, more hostile friends that I have no problem lynching, but friends all the same.

6. If anyone tries to meta for this, I will personally hunt them down and bitch-slap them. He agrees that he failed badly, and thus could have read up on games and gotten much better at it. Remember, meta in noob games is all but pointless.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”