Newbie 981 ~ Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Andrius i'm sorry i kinda jumped on the band waggon and asumed you were scum. Sorry
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Andrius i'm sorry i kinda jumped on the band waggon and asumed you were scum. Sorry
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:33 pm

ohhhhhhh, about the voting thing i meant to put your name originally, but i saw his name and just went on auto pilot sorry.
#freeShotty
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Tangion »

UNVOTE: andy
I think it may be wise to prolong this vote phase to find out more info
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by mothrax »

Andrius wrote:I see a sizeable wagon on me. Its because you all love me, right? Err, right? >_>
Dr. really long name wrote: Wait sorry!!! i typed wrong name!!!
VOTE: Andrius
And for everyone, some wonderful questions (because the IC isn't here to be smarter than me):
1) Do you have any prior experience with the mafia game? If so, elaborate.
2) What is your favorite role
?
3) What's your least favorite role
?
4) Which faction do you prefer? (Town/Mafia/SK/Cult, etc.)
Hmmm... my vote was orriginally random, however, after more has unfolded I believe I will let it stand... while not the biggest scumtell, Andy responded to his accidental bandwagon by starting one on someone else... looks a bit sus to me. (p.s. my vote was because I totally have a big fat crush on you, call it helga pataki syndrome :) )
And to answer mr. talkatives questions:
1) yeah, played several and modded 1, soon to be 2 on another forum (black ship batrarchian (the rockpapercynic forum)) though this is my first playing here.
2) Jester
3) I hate playing doc...
4) any really, though third party is always fun.
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by Tangion »

This is only my second game so I don't know what roles I like
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Andrius »

Dr. wrote: Andrius i'm sorry i kinda jumped on the band waggon and asumed you were scum. Sorry
Slow down a bit. We don't need a quicklynch this early.
Needless to say, I'm still voting for you because that could have been a massive scum slip.
mothrax wrote: Hmmm... my vote was orriginally random, however, after more has unfolded I believe I will let it stand... while not the biggest scumtell, Andy responded to his accidental bandwagon by starting one on someone else... looks a bit sus to me. (p.s. my vote was because I totally have a big fat crush on you, call it helga pataki syndrome :) )
I hope you're a girl, with the crush thing. ;) Why do I seem to have more unintended luck with online girls than intended luck irl? :( /semi-true statement
Well, I certainly wasn't going to OMGUS you. I have higher scum suspects now.
mothtax wrote: 2) Jester
3) I hate playing doc...
4) any really, though third party is always fun.
2) JESTER?!?!?
4) I don't like to be alone. I could do mafia/town because I know there are others working with me, but knowing I'm all alone would be tough. :/
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by mothrax »

Andy: not a girl, very much male actually, though I may or may not have been joking about the crush thing ;)

and yes Jester. It requires so much balance to play well... Scummy enough to draw votes but not so scummy to draw suss as jester. Plus you have to play to the mafia so theywill keep you allive...
For some reason third parties are intriguing to me. I have only played it twice (both as jester) but it takes more skill and I like that.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Andrius »

Well, I'll assume you were joking about the crush thing, since we only just met. lol

I don't have alot of skill. I'm a strategy-loving person, hence my love for theme games.
[/off-topic]

So, mothrax, what do you think of Dr---- so far?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by mothrax »

not a big fan honestly... mostly because I originally interpreted the name as "dreamy shorty is sick" written in gangsta speak...
That being said, by asking that question you just made me suspect you more... trying to divert suspicion from yourself?

/off topic
Yeah, I am not that skilled either, but playing roles like that help me build them... I am much better at playing scum or other anti-town than I am townie, mainly because I can be relatively persuasive when the need arrises... i.e. when it came to 1 mafia, 1 double voter, 1 cop, and 1 traitor, and I convinced the double voter I was the traitor to win the game even though it was really obviously the other way around... that was probably my favorite game ever... (actually I think it was my first online game (yup, yup it was... http://www.rockpapercynic.com/forum/vie ... f=21&t=607)
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Andrius »

I'm not trying to divert suspicion (there are people seriously suspecting me?), its just he made this interesting error that I don't think we should pass up so easily.

Greek Mythology was probably my favorite game thus far. I was scumboss, with a bodyguard who took a lynch for me. I then convinced the town to lynch my other scumbuddy, because I painted him to look like a lynch-redirector. I stole the hammer from the town, hammered him and got the final counter we needed to win, so I won as last member of the mafia.
Made alot of friends that game, and we nominated it for a scummy for 'most enjoyable game'.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by mothrax »

Did we ever learn whether or not this is his first game? if so it could have been an honest mistake... I could easily see myself making that mistake even now (I get distracted easi-oooh look a kitty)
And to answer whether or not people are actually suspecting you, I can only answer for myself with a strong fos/weak vote... I will lay out my argument:
1a) After you were bandwaggoned on you OMGUSd on one of the newbies(i think they are new) You procedded to respond to me keeping my vote on you stating that you weren't going to OMGUS me, possibly because you knew at that point that while not an expert player or anything I do have a decent base of knowledge of this game, and an OMGUS on me would be less easy than on someone who may have less experience
2b) while discussing reasons for my vote, you asked me about my feelings on another player, who coincidentally you had voted for and had voted for you which generally looks kinda scummy
and 3c) your avatar is shifty
*disclaimer: I mean no offence in anything I say ever (this goes to all players) I have an aggressive meta, but I try to not come accross as a dick... if I do read as such please let me know neh?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by KittyMo »

The Extremely Awkward Phone Vote Count #2 (aka Vote Count 3)
[3] drmyshottyizsik - (KnightofZero, Andrius, julienvonwolfe)

[2] Andrius - (mothrax, drmyshottyizsik)
[1] jntp - (ChosenSoul)
[1] ChosenSoul - (willows_weep)
[0] KnightofZero - ()
[0] julienvonwolfe - ()
[0] mothrax - ()
[0] Tangion - ()
[0] willows_weep - ()

[2]
Not Voting
- (jntp, Tangion)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Last edited by KittyMo on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by mothrax »

@mod: I know you are on your phone so typing is difficult (I will be on my iphone for prolly 50% of this game), but you have andy as voting twice in your count :)

Got it! Thanks for letting me know. (: Felt like I was missing something... ~Kitty
Last edited by KittyMo on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Andrius »

mothrax wrote:Did we ever learn whether or not this is his first game?
Not yet.
if so it could have been an honest mistake... I could easily see myself making that mistake even now (I get distracted easi-oooh look a kitty)
And to answer whether or not people are actually suspecting you, I can only answer for myself with a strong fos/weak vote... I will lay out my argument:
1a) After you were bandwaggoned on you OMGUSd on one of the newbies(i think they are new) You procedded to respond to me keeping my vote on you stating that you weren't going to OMGUS me, possibly because you knew at that point that while not an expert player or anything I do have a decent base of knowledge of this game, and an OMGUS on me would be less easy than on someone who may have less experience
I didn't OMGUS him, I saw a valid flaw that needs consideration.

2b) while discussing reasons for my vote, you asked me about my feelings on another player, who coincidentally you had voted for and had voted for you which generally looks kinda scummy
That's because I wanted to see what you thought of his goof-up. I'm looking for potential scumbuddies here.

and 3c) your avatar is shifty
He's Bastian from Fire Emblem 9 and 10. He speaks in a Shakespearian tongue, which I can do on occasion.

*disclaimer: I mean no offence in anything I say ever (this goes to all players) I have an aggressive meta, but I try to not come accross as a dick... if I do read as such please let me know neh?
Responded in bold b/c I'm in the middle of setup designing.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Andrius »

mothrax wrote:
@mod: I know you are on your phone so typing is difficult (I will be on my iphone for prolly 50% of this game), but you have andy as voting twice in your count :)
I guess I'm a DoubleVoter. ;)
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by mothrax »

Well since you are looking for potential scumbuddies and pretty much outright said as such, I will go ahead and say what I have alluded to in my other posts and
FoS: drmyshottyizsik

Also, since almost the entirety of this page so far is either me, you or ms. kittymod I am going to wait to respond further untill I have heard what others have to say... I have a scumread on you, but when your postcound inthread makes up half of the game, it isn't difficult to get a read either way...
ChosenSoul
ChosenSoul
Townie
ChosenSoul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:02 am

Post by ChosenSoul »

Sorry guys, I had a campout yesterday, so that's why I wasn't on.

Anyways, UNVOTE: jntp.

Still not sure who to vote for, but I'm not ready to jump on any bandwagons yet.
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:12 am

Post by Tangion »

So if I have a question about strategy or scum tells how would I ask or should I just watch and learn?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Andrius »

Tangion wrote:So if I have a question about strategy or scum tells how would I ask or should I just watch and learn?
Well, julienvonwolfe is the IC, and he's here to answer any questions you may have.
I'm a SE, with willows. While we have been here longer than you guys, we're not a teaching role.
(You have to apply, and be accepted to be an IC. So you have to be somewhat good at the game. You automatically become an SE once you've completed 2[?] games on-site, so no one said you have to be good. >_>)

You could always PM KittyMo and ask her questions that way, if your question is sensitive/ you're mafia.
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Tangion »

Ok thank you
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:38 am

Post by KnightofZero »

Andrius wrote:Greek Mythology was probably my favorite game thus far. I was scumboss, with a bodyguard who took a lynch for me. I then convinced the town to lynch my other scumbuddy, because I painted him to look like a lynch-redirector. I stole the hammer from the town, hammered him and got the final counter we needed to win, so I won as last member of the mafia.
Made alot of friends that game, and we nominated it for a scummy for 'most enjoyable game'.
lol what a boss
julienvonwolfe wrote:@ Knight: Does the threat of a wagon on Andrius make you that anxious?
It doesn't make me that anxious or nervous, but it's just that bandwagons, in general, are pretty scummy for the reasons you listed. Also, I posted that thing about the bandwagon because they were
two
at the time, not just one.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Unvote: Andy

Vote: Willows Weep

He's not talking and that makes him suspicious
#freeShotty
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by KittyMo »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Unvote: Andy

Vote: Willows Weep

He's not talking and that makes him suspicious
I'll accept these votes & unvotes this time, but in the future I will not accept any unbolded votes or unvotes. You can use the vote and unvote tags up above if that helps you. =] ~KittyMo
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Does anyone here play Halo?
#freeShotty

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”