Mini 1082 (Guns and Ropes: Midland): An Unfaithful Ending.

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Mizzy »

moose200x wrote:
Mizzy wrote:Enigma, I have to say I'm not fond of your responses. I can see a glimmer of why you have zero town wins. Let's try this:

Obviously, the random voting stage is over. Let's just get that out of the way. I don't see your vote, Enigma, as being random. Please elaborate on why you voted the way you did and provide content that isn't random, pithy or based on "your past experience." Meaning, please provide content related to what little of this game there has been. Leave the sarcasm at home, too.
Leading- AM I RITE?
How is asking for a reason for a vote leading?
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

moose200x wrote:Mcavitylock- I'd say I am about 40% serious. I mean the dude does sucks as town.
So do a lot of people, they just don't have it on their sigs. If you're any serious about it, why didn't you dig into other people's records?
Enigma wrote:My play style is like this, learn to love or hate it, it's not going to change.
I don't see a playstyle yet, I just see someone who isn't interesting in taking responsibility for his vote. P.S. There's no such thing as a RVS, every vote has a purpose, it's just a matter of figuring out what that purpose is.
gonnano wrote:Furthermore, saying that someone is piggybacking on the arguments of others has no meaning unless there is a
very
extensive pattern of this behavior.
So, are any other tells disallowed early game? What tells
are
allowed early game?
Rabies wrote:moose also confuses me with his pointless banter. It's quite infuriating as I can't tell if he's town or scum from it.
Then why bring it up?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Rabies wrote:Do you have anything to say about the jimfinn/charter/Mizzy/Enigma thing?
Shhhh. I'm scum hunting.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by gonnano »

LMP wrote:Why are you willing to let it slide for now?
Because a.) he's already getting pressure for it from other people and b.) I need to see more of his posting style before I can make a judgment call on whether or not it was scummy for him to say that.
Rabies wrote:I never argued that it was. My arguement is that Enigma's post reads like a piggyback plus absolutely nothing original, which seems to be what scum wants: to just go with the flow, conformity.
I don't think that's much of an argument considering there was essentially no original material to be presented in this case.
MacavityLock wrote:So, are any other tells disallowed early game? What tells are allowed early game?
First, my opinion of the piggybacking tell is that it has hardly any weight unless there is an undeniably clear pattern, regardless of whether or not the game is in the early stages. As far as which tells can be trusted at the beginning of the game, I would say that the best strategy with such limited information is to look for people who are using shaky logic and seem to have the main goal of trying to get someone lynched soon rather than finding scum. Any tells that point to those characteristics are fair game. Also, lurking is just as scummy at the beginning as it is for the rest of the game.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Glad to see that everyone has posted
within less then twenty four hours
. Keep this solid activity rate up for more entertaining flavors, and a more entertaining game for everyone!

ReaperCharlie was your typically male teenage rebel. He had long yellow hair that was dyed (His hair was actually brown, but he claims that brown is last generation color) with a light brown tan due to him being very active during the summertime. He wore a black shirt and on it it said "Gang Pride", which his parents heavily disapproved of, but he disregarded his parents advice anyway. He also wore an ironic light brown pants, indicating that he shares at least something with his parents. He had on a red Nike shoe where the laces were untied.

He was your typical slacker who made on the minimal in school to pass and he was a pretty lazy person. He would also frequently get into arguments with his parents about irrelevant things and appear if he didn't have a care in the world.

He was running toward the countryside where his buddy was suppose to meet to play football, not knowing that he got loss and was in the wrong direction. He saw a group of twelve people and was interested in finding out what in the world they were saying. Perhaps they were getting into a heated debate about the recently released Halo 4 or Call of Duty: War of the Gulf, both games that were fixing to be released in the Xbox 720. Either way, he had interest and he was determined to find out.

Without giving a chance to listen to what was going on, he butt in saying "Hey, which one of you are getting Halo 4 or Call of Duty: War of the Gulf for the Xbox 720?". But it seemed that no one was listening to him.

So he decided to do something that he rarely used, listen to what they were saying. It was not games, not Halo, not Call of Duty, but something more sinister.

The tone obviously was not light-hearted, but realistic and grisly. The arguments were getting heated over who should be lynched and in real life. This stuck fear into the young teen heart and he quietly walked away and rather head home to face inevitable punishment, he sat down on a grass twenty feet from the group and watched them discuss whatever they were on.

Vote Count #2, Day 1:

Enigima (3): Rabies, MacavityLock, StrangerCoug
LynchMePls (1): moose200x
moose200x (0):
Riceballtail (0):
jimfinn (3): Mizzy, ProkhorZakharov, Enigma
Rabies (1): gonnano
Mizzy (0):
gonnano (0):
charter (1): jimfinn
StrangerCoug (1): Riceballtail
MacavityLock (2): LynchMePls, charter
ProkhorZakharov (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (0): All have shown desire for blood.

With twelve players alive, it will take seven votes on a player to lynch. The deadline is set for Monday November 22nd, 2010 at 6:00 PM CST.
Last edited by Super Smash Bros. Fan on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

LynchMePls wrote:
Rabies wrote:Do you have anything to say about the jimfinn/charter/Mizzy/Enigma thing?
Shhhh. I'm scum hunting.
Hmm? What's with this?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by charter »

I think it's Gonnano, Enigma, and LMP/jimfinn. Gonnano and Enigma are probably buddies with how much Gonnano is going on about Enigma actually not being scummy, and Enigma with how he's doing nothing but being scummy. LMP has been ignoring most of everything, and it really stands out that he has no comment on these two. Jimfinn's first post is still pretty bad, but then Gonnano comes in and votes Rabies and keeps in on Rabies (I can see voting Rabies when he voted Mizzy, but after that, no).

I'd probably say I'm about 85% sure of Gonnano right now, Enigma is less than that maybe 50%, but Enigma has more votes.
unvote, vote Enigma
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by gonnano »

What do you think are the chances of your day 1, page 3 reads actually being right?
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by charter »

Pretty good.
What do you think are the chances of anyone buying that as an explanation or defense for you actions is?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by charter »

Guys, let's wagon Gonnano.
unvote, vote Gonnano
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by gonnano »

That wasn't a defense, I was just curious about the extent of your overconfidence.

This is the defense.
Gonnano and Enigma are probably buddies with how much Gonnano is going on about Enigma actually not being scummy, and Enigma with how he's doing nothing but being scummy.
The point was not to say that Enigma is cleared for some reason -- he isn't. The point was that it was scummy of Rabies to jump all over him for agreeing with someone.
LMP has been ignoring most of everything, and it really stands out that he has no comment on these two.
So far you're the only person who has chosen to interpret my criticism of Rabies as a defense of Enigma. Why single out LMP when no one else has commented about it either?
Jimfinn's first post is still pretty bad, but then Gonnano comes in and votes Rabies and keeps in on Rabies (I can see voting Rabies when he voted Mizzy, but after that, no).
What is it that you don't understand about the reason that I voted for Rabies? Why does keeping my vote on Rabies have any significance when nothing has changed since I placed it?
- Joseph Heller
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by moose200x »

charter wrote:Guys, let's wagon Gonnano.
unvote, vote Gonnano
Yeah bandwagon for no reason! Or do you have a reason?

unvote and vote Gonnano
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:50 am

Post by charter »

gonnano wrote:
LMP has been ignoring most of everything, and it really stands out that he has no comment on these two.
So far you're the only person who has chosen to interpret my criticism of Rabies as a defense of Enigma. Why single out LMP when no one else has commented about it either?
I think Macavity is interpreting it similar to myself, and I singled LMP because he hasn't mentioned Enigma at all (which most people have) and hasn't mentioned you, which is bad for him, since you're scum.
Jimfinn's first post is still pretty bad, but then Gonnano comes in and votes Rabies and keeps in on Rabies (I can see voting Rabies when he voted Mizzy, but after that, no).
What is it that you don't understand about the reason that I voted for Rabies? Why does keeping my vote on Rabies have any significance when nothing has changed since I placed it?
I thought his post you disliked was very good, I think you're faking your vote.
moose200x wrote:Yeah bandwagon for no reason! Or do you have a reason?
He's scum.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:27 am

Post by Mizzy »

@moose200x = Why are you joining a bandwagon you don't know the reason for?
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:06 am

Post by LimMePls »

charter wrote:
gonnano wrote:
I think Macavity is interpreting it similar to myself, and I singled LMP because he hasn't mentioned Enigma at all (which most people have) and hasn't mentioned you, which is bad for him, since you're scum.
What are you smoking? I just asked him a question to probe him on this specific issue. How on earth is that not mentioning him?

I think gonnano is an excellent wagon, because this:
gonnano wrote:Because a.) he's already getting pressure for it from other people and b.) I need to see more of his posting style before I can make a judgment call on whether or not it was scummy for him to say that.
is a terrible response to my question.

@gonnano: Is there such a thing as too much pressure? If you want to see more of his posting style, shouldn't you apply MORE pressure?

I haven't commented on the Enigma business because it looks silly to me.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:25 am

Post by Mizzy »

As a side note, Enigma never answered my quest for information but has posted a couple times since.

Rabies
Rabies
Townie
Rabies
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Rabies »

MacavityLock wrote:Then why bring it up?
Because hopefully, that will make it stop (not sure how realistic that is, though).

gonnano wrote:I don't think that's much of an argument considering there was essentially no original material to be presented in this case.
According to whom?
gonnano wrote:As far as which tells can be trusted at the beginning of the game, I would say that the best strategy with such limited information is to look for people who are using shaky logic and seem to have the main goal of trying to get someone lynched soon rather than finding scum.
Your vote relies on the assumption that my motivations match up with the latter part of your sentence. What makes you think that, though?
gonnano wrote:What do you think are the chances of your day 1, page 3 reads actually being right?
I'm not sure what the purpose of saying this is, other than to bait charter.
gonnano wrote:What is it that you don't understand about the reason that I voted for Rabies? Why does keeping my vote on Rabies have any significance when nothing has changed since I placed it?
I don't know about charter, but personally, I don't understand any of your reasons.

LynchMePls, I see that you called the gonnano wagon "excellent." However, your vote is still on MacCavityLock, for reasons not apparent to me. Care to explain?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Mizzy »

I realize this is completely off-topic, so forgive me, but Enigma, you don't happen to play in RPOL.net, do you?

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:22 am

Post by LimMePls »

LynchMePls, I see that you called the gonnano wagon "excellent." However, your vote is still on MacCavityLock, for reasons not apparent to me. Care to explain?
Oversight. I thought I voted in that post.

Unvote
Vote: gonnano

V/LA on weekends
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:54 am

Post by moose200x »

Mizzy wrote:@moose200x = Why are you joining a bandwagon you don't know the reason for?

That is correct.

Does anyone know why this bandwagon is rolling?

P.S. All aboard the lynch train!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Mizzy »

moose200x wrote:
Mizzy wrote:@moose200x = Why are you joining a bandwagon you don't know the reason for?

That is correct.

Does anyone know why this bandwagon is rolling?

P.S. All aboard the lynch train!
No, I asked WHY, not if you were. Please answer the question.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by charter »

LynchMePls wrote:What are you smoking? I just asked him a question to probe him on this specific issue. How on earth is that not mentioning him?
You're right, I missed this.
LMP wrote:I haven't commented on the Enigma business because it looks silly to me.
What about it looks silly to you? Do you know what Enigma thinks about anyone in this game?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by LimMePls »

LynchMePls wrote:@moose: How much should a players win/loss ratio (town or scum) factor into a decision to lynch that player? Why?
@moose: Your last two posts are lacking a response to this. I'd like one please.
charter wrote:What about it looks silly to you? Do you know what Enigma thinks about anyone in this game?
Mizzy wrote:Enigma, I have to say I'm not fond of your responses. I can see a glimmer of why you have zero town wins.
StrangerCoug wrote:*scoff* "I can't help the fact that I never win as town." Yes you can. This comes off as absolving yourself of any responsibility for scumhunting.
These are the silly points. All this stuff about how many wins someone has and why that should be cause for a lynch is nonsense. I find the stuff about the jimfinn bandwagon vote more compelling.

V/LA on weekends
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

You thought of a scene that you just saw last week in the movie theater, which was called
Unequal Love
. Given that nothing much was really happening, you day dreamed that scene that you strangely remember so fondly...

Nicole: (Tanning herself on a beach near the Pacific Ocean with only a bra and an underwear on that resembled swim shorts where there was little noise and distractions. She had a sunglasses on for eye protection. She is smiling). Today, I promised to go to the Pacific Ocean beach and as of now, I have no regrets. Now if only my boyfriend would come, this day would be perfect.

Damien: (Walks to Nicole with only a white shirt and a swim suit on, he walks calmly and slowly to Nicole. He is holding multi-color flowers, including red, blue, yellow, green, orange, and pink. As he gets closer to Nicole, he is nervous, worrying that Nicole may reject his flower offering due to lack of communication between them since they both graduated from high school.)

Nicole: (When Damien is standing right beside her, she tilts her head right to see if it was her boyfriend. She steep her glasses downward to where she can see him properly. She gives a slight frown at Damien when she discover her boyfriend is not the man beside him. She asks him in a serious manner.) What do you want?

Damien: Uhhhh, here you go. I heard that you absolutely loved flowers and consider them beautiful, so I thought you would like it. Do you remember who I am? We went to high school together seven years ago. I just came by here to say hello.

Nicole: (Gives a smile at Damien.) Thanks, I really do love them. BTW, I do remember you, those were good times. You were a bit nerdy, but someone I appreciated having as a friend. Seeing you again is a pleasure, especially since you seem to have grown out of being a nerd.

Damien: It certainly wasn't easy. Being a reclusive person with little contact in the world aside from school would be an ordeal I could not live with.

Nicole: Life is hard, we both learn that during our high school years. And given our circumstance, it appears as both of us have lead successful lives since leaving high school. I know I have, I'm interested in knowing if you have had similar circumstance.

Damien: I am indeed successful at life. Just because I haven't made news doesn't mean I'm incapable of being a successful person. That being said, I'm wondering if you want to eat out at a recently opened French restaurant. I have reservations made for three friends, two males and one female, I have room for a fifth reservation.

Nicole: I don't know about that. Me and my boyfriend might be going out for tonight at another restaurant, although he hasn't confirmed that. If he isn't eating out tonight, I'll ask him if I can go with you tonight. You can book me just in case he said yes.

Damien: All right, thanks for letting me know. Hoping to see you tonight, you will not be disappointed with what they serve.

After that scene, you lose further memory of said film and snap out of your day dream. You say to yourself that you will attempt to remember that restaurant scene once you get home. For now, you have more important things to worry about, an event that was going to decide the faith of your beloved city.

Vote Count #3, Day 1:

Enigima (3): Rabies, MacavityLock, StrangerCoug
LynchMePls (0):
moose200x (0):
Riceballtail (0):
jimfinn (3): Mizzy, ProkhorZakharov, Enigma
Rabies (1): gonnano
Mizzy (0):
gonnano (3): charter, moose200x, LynchMePls
charter (1): jimfinn
StrangerCoug (1): Riceballtail
MacavityLock (0):
ProkhorZakharov (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (0): All have shown desire for blood.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by gonnano »

charter wrote:I thought his post you disliked was very good, I think you're faking your vote.
My vote is real. As I see it, the situation now is that I didn't think Enigma's post was scummy, so I voted Rabies for voting him. You didn't think Rabies's post was scummy, so you voted me for voting him. To me it looks like you're doing the exact same thing that I did, which leads me to wonder if the same logic you used to say that I was Enigma's scumbuddy would also make you and Rabies scumbuddies.
charter wrote:I singled LMP because he hasn't mentioned Enigma at all (which most people have) and hasn't mentioned you, which is bad for him, since you're scum.
We've established that LMP wasn't ignoring me, so the remaining reason is that he was ignoring enigma. However, moose had also failed to comment on enigma's posts. Plus, moose actually WAS ignoring me when you singled out LMP. Why didn't you say anything about moose?
LMP wrote:@gonnano: Is there such a thing as too much pressure? If you want to see more of his posting style, shouldn't you apply MORE pressure?
I'll see more of his posting style regardless of whether I apply any pressure... either that or he'll be lynched for lurking. The reason that I didn't vote for him was because while he was getting some pressure from other people, Rabies wasn't. I thought they both deserved pressure, so I voted Rabies.
Rabies wrote:According to whom?
Here, let me post the sum total of everything that jimfinn had said.
jimfinn wrote:/confirm
*voted Macavity*
That really strikes me the wrong way. I don't think a town player would suggest a quicklynch, even jokingly, this early.
*voted charter*
There's only so much room for analysis in that. What else could Enigma have brought up?
Rabies wrote:Your vote relies on the assumption that my motivations match up with the latter part of your sentence. What makes you think that, though?
As I stated, I don't think the piggyback argument is sound given the circumstances. It looks to me like you might have voted Enigma because the third person on a bandwagon is an easy target because of the rule of thumb (read "commonly accepted fallacy") about that spot being scummy.
Rabies wrote:I'm not sure what the purpose of saying this is, other than to bait charter.
The purpose was to point out the enormous chance that reads formed with this little information will be wrong. They certainly don't have an 85% chance of being right, and probably aren't very close to 50% either.
Rabies wrote:I don't know about charter, but personally, I don't understand any of your reasons.
If there's something specific that you don't understand, I'll be happy to answer questions. I can't do much about a general lack of understanding of all of my reasoning, though.
- Joseph Heller

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”