Open 323: Murder at Happy Sunshine Hospital (Scum win!)

Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Quaroath »

I'm going to read the game up through the end o page 2 later, i just got home from a 12 hour work shift.

While I think the doc = vig idea is worth a shot once, it does have it's downsides at first glance. First, if you vig a town, you are then in a 7v3, which is tenously close to MYLO It feels like it could be used to take taking a lynch away from town. My main problem is that if a doc plays poorly, and ends up that #2 guy, we just outted a doc, and now have to go try to vig #3... at which pint i suspect that finding a concensus will be *much* harder.

I think the idea has merit and is worth discussing, but i'm not bought in yet.

And hi to those I've played with before DarthYoshi, Sundy, zMuffinMan, tclawren, teamsleep and farside22! (though farside probably doesn’t remember it was sooo long ago)

My wife's health is better and the baby is healthy from what we can tell, as some of the above are aware she's had complications.
No further complications and 4 months to go to a baby girl!
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by glowball »

Okay I was in the game with zMuffinMan and we did in fact spend 30 pages discussing "the plan", I went off of the plan and we lynched normally and we had a perfect town win. So plan all you want, but you don't need to. You need to be good at scumhunting, and I can admit I could definitely be better but that is the first thing you have to get down before you start trying to break a game.

Now that being said Newman/Teamsleep petty argument includes scum. 1 or 2, I don't know- I just believe there is scum.

HellloooNewman wrote:I've seen games get bogged down like crazy trying to figure out ways to use mechanics to the towns advantage.
I will probably look bad for saying this,
but we should just play like normal, and let the docs do what they do at night.

I don't like people who are defensive, especially if you are defensive before anything has even happened. Not to mention picking at teamsleep hardcore for little things, kind of makes me feel like there might be some partner bussing going on. I mean his response wasn't great, but my response could have been seen as fencesitting to some people yet you didn't say anything about that.

VOTE: HellloooNewman
Teamsleep's wagon has progressed too much, get on Newman and watch him flail
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:51 am

Post by Sundy »

teamsleep wrote:
Sundy wrote:
It makes sense to be cautious.
But the pool of potential suspects is dwindling.

We're on page
two
, chief.

I was responding to this quote by Farside.

Farside wrote:@Sundy: Lets say we mislynch today and if we went with Nstride's plan and the doctors targeted who the majority felt was scum and they both flipped town, would you say that doing it another day may actually hurt the town? Would you not be more cautions the next day?
Town: 7-4
Scum: 2-2
TBD: 3
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:02 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

teamsleep wrote:
HellloooNewman wrote:

1 paragraph in, and you are already wishy washy as hell.
~Its an all or nothing way of thinking......
~....but thats not to say I'm not for it.......
~.....but what if we end up down 3 players......
~......I guess that happens in other games.....

Make a decision. Any one, just pick one.

This is my stance: it can work well, and it can also work against us. I was balancing the pros and cons. I, and several other players have pretty much stated, no, admitted, that we
need
to be cautious with such a thing.

Which is your stance? That is my point exactly. You don't HAVE a stance. You're a little for, you're a little against......wishy washy.

HellloooNewman wrote:
Okay, so you are not opposed to it, even though you admit that there is a chance that it could backfire, leaving us down 3 (count 'em, THREE) townies. Noted.

But wait, not only are you not opposed to it, you DO want to try it once. Sounds like scum trying to set up for an easy night 1.

I wanted to try it
at least
once, going hand in hand with my saying that I didn't disagree with shelving it entirely. If it backfired at first, however, we need to seriously weigh the advantages and disadvantages of doing it again and potentially ending up with 6 townies dead in two days.

I can kinda see what you are getting at here, but your wording really bothers me. So, essentially you are saying that, if it totally backfired at first, resulting in 3 dead townies, you
wouldn't
be totally against it at that point? You'd really need to "weigh advantages/disadvantages" at that point? Its pretty clear that another 3 dead townies would be disastrous to say the least.

HellloooNewman wrote:

Why do you feel more confided with farside in the game?

Oh hey, this person has a
Best Town Performance
to their name. Could they, possibly be... beneficial to the town?

You didn't say that you felt more confident that the TOWN would win because Farside is here. You said you felt more confident
in your own
scumhunting because he is here. Not a scummy comment, but a strange one indeed.

Thats just bizarre. Also, you say that you plan on thinking about it for two weeks. TWO WEEKS?!? So, you intend on stifling discussion about who is and who is not scum, so that we can continually rehash whether or not to direct the docs?

If you're honestly thinking that I'm going to take two weeks to make a decision and that I wasn't just pointing out the time frame (e.g. at the moment we have
plenty of time
), I don't know what to tell you.

I am simply reacting to what YOU said.

HellloooNewman wrote: Really bro?

Cute. Now stop looking for funny gif's and find scum.

HellloooNewman wrote:
How many times you gonna mention you are a newbie? Seems to me you are laying the ground work for an "oops, my bad, don't forget, I'm new" defense.

So I mention that
once
and you're claiming that this is my attempted defense. God forbid someone not actually know what VCA stands for.

At the risk of you claiming OMGUS, I'm just going to
vote HellloooNewman
here because of an incredibly silly argument.
[/quote]

So first of all, let me show how you are lying about letting the town you are a newbie "once". Below you'll find 3 separate references to it.

teamsleep wrote:
That's a very... all-or-nothing way of thinking. That's not to say I don't endorse it, but I suppose I'm in the middle on this one. It's been already stated that if it backfires, then we're down 3 players over the course of a single day. I suppose it's not that much of a difference from one of those games where you lynch more than one player during the course of the game, but I've only heard of those, never played 'em.

I'm not opposed to it, but if it fails during the first attempt and it ends up backfiring, then we're at a disadvantage. I guess what I'm saying is, I do want to try it once, but if it backfires, I don't want to do it the upcoming days.

Being in a game with farside makes me a little more confident at scumhunting, but
this is actually my first game on here that wasn't a Newbie game
. Having such a enormous room for error is what scares me the most, I guess. But yeah, two weeks is a good amount of time to think about it.

silavor wrote:I still say the benefits of a town-controlled vig far outweigh the drawbacks. Plus it gives a second wagon of sorts for VCA, for any of you who are in to that.

The newbie in me
is crawling out to ask a stupid question: what does VCA stand for?

teamsleep wrote:
Good to see you again
after the newbie game
, you too Quaroth.

And yes, it is very OMGUS.

tclawren wrote:
HellloooNewman wrote:
teamsleep wrote:

I'm not opposed to it, but if it fails during the first attempt and it ends up backfiring, then we're at a disadvantage. I guess what I'm saying is, I do want to try it once, but if it backfires, I don't want to do it the upcoming days.

Okay, so you are not opposed to it, even though you admit that there is a chance that it could backfire, leaving us down 3 (count 'em, THREE) townies. Noted.

But wait, not only are you not opposed to it, you DO want to try it once. Sounds like scum trying to set up for an easy night 1.

I could go through your case on teamsleep and point out why each and every single one of your points is ludicrous, but that would be a waste of time. Seriously, your case is so bad it makes me want to unvote him.

I will discuss the quote above though. You slam teamsleep for agreeing with the plan even though it can backfire and saying so in his post.

What you don't seem to realize that EVERYONE that agrees with this plan understands this also. Of course it can backfire. That's kinda how the game of mafia works. Town tries to kill mafia, sometimes it kills town.

This point is so arbitrary in its conclusion it sickens me. Basically it says "even though you're thinking the same thing that at least 4 people are thinking, you're scummy for it."

You get one response to make me not vote you.

I understand your point entirely. Yes, everyone understands that the plan may work, it may not. Yes, the town may kill town, trying to get scum. I get that entirely. My problem with teamsleeps posts is his blatant fence sitting stance, trying to appease everyone. "It may work, it may not, I may be for it, I may not be....".

glowball wrote:
HellloooNewman wrote:I've seen games get bogged down like crazy trying to figure out ways to use mechanics to the towns advantage.

I don't like people who are defensive, especially if you are defensive before anything has even happened. Not to mention picking at teamsleep hardcore for little things, kind of makes me feel like there might be some partner bussing going on. I mean his response wasn't great, but my response could have been seen as fencesitting to some people yet you didn't say anything about that.

Not defensive at all. How many times have YOU seen somebody get singled out for going against the popular opinion at the time? It's not like it happened here.......oh, nevermind.

Flailing? Hardly.
Irritating Jerry since 1991
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:05 am

Post by farside22 »

Team wrote:Oh hey, this person has a Best Town Performance to their name. Could they, possibly be... beneficial to the town?

Sure it's a nice thing to have and all, but you don't know my alignment so why feel better about me being here?

quaroth wrote:(though farside probably doesn’t remember it was sooo long ago)

Sadly no, but if you tell me the game it was it may ring a bell. There are some games I do completely forget due to embarresment or the game wasn't much fun.

quaroth wrote:My wife's health is better and the baby is healthy from what we can tell, as some of the above are aware she's had complications.
No further complications and 4 months to go to a baby girl!

Congrats!

@Sundy: What is your thoughts on Newman/Team debate?

@Newman: The third quote about a newbie game is a stretch. I took that as in he's going to play in Rome in his other game.
Newman can you please explain why you didn't mention your issue with Team's post in your first post of the game.

@Team: That vote on Newmann looks OMGUS. What is your thoughts on Sundy's vote for you? What do you think Newman is trying to do with his points and why does it see scummy?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:38 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

Admittedly, the third quote isn't as cut and dry as the first two, but mentioning having played in a newbie game recently, still fits the "I'm a newb" mold.

During my first post, I was completely focused on Nstrides proposal, and my feeling that we'd get bogged down for days and days debating whether to do it, who to direct it towards, etc etc. After, when Nstride brought up the point of the differing reactions, that prompted me to re-read the responses. Admittedly, it is something I should have thought in the first place, but for whatever reason, as I said, I was wholly focused on Nstrides post.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:44 am

Post by Amrun »

VC1.3

Medical Fact:
Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.

(0) Quaroath
(0) Hiraki
(0) DarthYoshi
(1) silavor - NStride
(0) pinkfloyd
(0) Sundy
(3) HellloooNewman - farside22, teamsleep, glowball
(1) zMuffinMan - silavor
(0) glowball
(1) tclawren - pinkfloyd
(0) NStride
(4) teamsleep - DarthYoshi, tclawren, Sundy, HellloooNewman
(0) farside22

Not Voting: Quaroath, Hiraki, zMuffinMan

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: Wednesday, August 3, 5:30pm EST

Spoiler: Vote History
Quaroath
Hiraki
DarthYoshi - teamsleep
silavor - zMuffinMan
pinkfloyd - tclawren
Sundy - teamsleep
HellloooNewman - teamsleep
zMuffinMan
glowball - tclawren > HellloooNewman
tclawren - teamsleep
NStride - silavor
teamsleep - HellloooNewman
farside22 - Sundy > HellloooNewman
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:21 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

tclawren wrote:
HellloooNewman wrote:
teamsleep wrote:

I could go through your case on teamsleep and point out why each and every single one of your points is ludicrous, but that would be a waste of time. Seriously, your case is so bad it makes me want to unvote him.

I will discuss the quote above though. You slam teamsleep for agreeing with the plan even though it can backfire and saying so in his post.

What you don't seem to realize that EVERYONE that agrees with this plan understands this also. Of course it can backfire. That's kinda how the game of mafia works. Town tries to kill mafia, sometimes it kills town.

This point is so arbitrary in its conclusion it sickens me. Basically it says "even though you're thinking the same thing that at least 4 people are thinking, you're scummy for it."

You get one response to make me not vote you.

This post from tclawren is awful. Let's count the ways--

-Massive appeals to emotion: "...makes me want to unvote, "...it sickens me..."

-Thoroughly unhelpful analysis: "Town tries to kill the mafia..."

-Thoroughly unhelpful analysis masquerading as helpful analysis: "EVERYONE who agrees with this plan understands..." (Really?)

-And, perhaps most damning, the final line--if any of this outrage were authentic, I have to think tclawren would have just voted Newman, especially with Newman only having Farside's vote on him atm. Instead, he keeps his vote in the holster, which to me screams fake scumhunting when you combine it with the rhetoric he's using and the reality that he is using the threat of a vote, rather than a vote, to get reactions, which weakens the vote's power, something a townie never wants to do.

Newman is still thoroughly null to me, and I need to re-read his reactions to Farside in particular, but this particular post reacting to Newman is scummy.
FOS tclawren

Also...

-Congratulations on the coming kid, Quar!

glowball wrote:Not to mention picking at teamsleep hardcore for little things, kind of makes me feel like there might be some partner bussing going on.

Huh? Man, I was gonna vote tclawren and then I saw this gem of a line from glowball. First, if you think it was a bussing attempt, then why stop the teamsleep wagon when bussing would imply he is scum? You're de-railing a wagon you are claiming here is on scum. Furthermore, weak speculation like this with no real evidence to go on just screams "I'm scum teeing up mislynches."

Unvote. Vote: Glowball.

I also second the request to stop it with the goofy .gifs.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:52 am

Post by silavor »

glowball wrote:Okay I was in the game with zMuffinMan and we did in fact spend 30 pages discussing "the plan", I went off of the plan and we lynched normally and we had a perfect town win. So plan all you want, but you don't need to. You need to be good at scumhunting, and I can admit I could definitely be better but that is the first thing you have to get down before you start trying to break a game.

Now that being said Newman/Teamsleep petty argument includes scum. 1 or 2, I don't know- I just believe there is scum.

I agree with Darth, there's definitely something fishy about this post.

First you say Newman/Teamsleep has at least one scum in it, possibly two. But then you say Newman is bussing Teamsleep (which implies you believe they're both scum, rather than just one or the other), while you try to derail the Teamsleep wagon. If you really believed either/both of Teamsleep/Newman were scum, why would you try to derail the wagon on one to fuel the wagon of another? Real town would've been fine with lynching either of their top suspects.

Vote:glowball
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:24 am

Post by glowball »

Silavor and DarthYoshi...

glowball wrote:Now that being said Newman/Teamsleep petty argument includes scum. 1 or 2, I don't know- I just believe there is scum.

I said FIRST that at least one of them is scum...
glowball wrote:Not to mention picking at teamsleep hardcore for little things, kind of makes me feel like there might be some partner bussing going on.

There is a possibility that BOTH of them are scum

I am not joining the teamsleep wagon for 2 reasons....

WASN'T IT RVS?... or were you two serious before?
HELLLOOONEWMAN IS A BETTER CHANCE AT HITTING SCUM...also teamsleep isn't even second in line on my scum list, and yes I would lynch either of my top suspects but besides the connection to Newman, teamsleep isn't as scummy as other players.

And hello Silavor, town care about lynching CORRECTLY- and not just sheeping votes. My vote will always lie on what I think is the best lynch for that day.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:38 am

Post by silavor »

If you had other suspects in between newman and teamsleep why didn't you mention them before? In fact, why even single out teamsleep at all, if you didn't find him that scummy in the first place?
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:47 am

Post by glowball »

silavor wrote:If you had other suspects in between newman and teamsleep why didn't you mention them before? In fact, why even single out teamsleep at all, if you didn't find him that scummy in the first place?

We are 3 pages into Day 1, that's why...

and as for singling out teamsleep, I didn't SINGLE him out- he was paired with Newman. I am scumhunting, what exactly are you doing?
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:26 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

glowball wrote:
HELLLOOONEWMAN IS A BETTER CHANCE AT HITTING SCUM.

This makes my insides giggle like a schoolgirl with a belly full of pop rocks.

I'll indulge you. WHY AM I A BETTER CHANCE AT HITTING SCUM?
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:29 am

Post by silavor »

glowball wrote:
and as for singling out teamsleep, I didn't SINGLE him out- he was paired with Newman. I am scumhunting, what exactly are you doing?

You're teamhunting, not scumhunting. It's almost as bad as serial killer hunting.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by glowball »

silavor wrote:
glowball wrote:

You're teamhunting, not scumhunting. It's almost as bad as serial killer hunting.

OKay, I am going to give you some time to think about what you just said and get back to me on that....
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

glowball wrote:
silavor wrote:
glowball wrote:

OKay, I am going to give you some time to think about what you just said and get back to me on that....

Silavor's right on this one (at least, before there have been flips). Teamhunting is a very small part of scumhunting, and on page three, is unlikely to be useful. However, it can be used by scum to pretend like they are being useful.

That being said, Silavor, what do you think about Newman's reactions to being voted?
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

@Silvor: What do you think of Nstride and his attack on you?
Nstride: Anything you want to add to the game beside your plan and Silvor vote there?

First of all there were a few people that called out Team for his middle of the road comment. However Glow as about as wishy washy as Team

glowball wrote:NStride's proposal makes sense, but can have really bad side effects if/when we are wrong about players....I mean considering it's very likely to mislynch day one, then accidentally kill night one, plus the mafia kill. I mean it definitely narrows down the numbers and therefore the possibilities but it also gets them steps closer to their win condition. It's basically the same way we always play just a quicker version with us picking off ourselves, I mean we still have to be good at finding scum and this plan just gives us less room for error.

VOTE: tclawren

IE: it makes sense. Has bad effect. Could cause a problem. He is pointing the negative while saying it makes sense.

How does it make sense if everything you post about it is negative?

Tclawren is the first to mention Team's post

tclawren wrote:
The fencesitting in Teamsleep's post 16 is making my ass hurt just reading it.

I call this testing waters. Pointing out something without really saying much (IE: doesn't call it scummy and doesn't vote for Team)

Then we have Sundy's reason and vote:

Sundy wrote:Hello everyone, especially Q, Teamsleep, and Farside.

W/r/t game mechanics: I agree that we should openly discuss the best possible course of action for the doctors, and weigh out the pros & cons once we determine how many serious scum-suspects we have.

vote: Teamsleep

I liked Nstride's little experiment deal, but I feel that he went into it with pre-conceptions about what kind of a response was scummy or town-ish, and I think he's a projecting a little to achieve the case on Silavor, and Teamsleep's response was worse. Sentences like this don't seem to have the bloodthirst of hunting scum to them:

Teamsleep wrote:I guess what I'm saying is, I do want to try it once, but if it backfires, I don't want to do it the upcoming days.

This is highly, highly inaccurate. I just got thru explaining caution if there is a mislynch and the doctors all target a town player with 3 town dead and he's saying Team should be more bloodthirsty. Ummmm no.

I really don't like players that keep a vote on RVS while pointing out scummy things about others tcl

Then I question Newmann who state something that was brought up already. Newman and team's argument look petty. Newman is attacking things I find questionable but his response to my question actual made sense.
I just don't like that people pointed to Team and then ignore Glow's response completely. The BW on Team looks scummy.

That said Newmann went from scummy to null. I found a few high's and lows.
Tclawren went sky high on the scum meter for testing waters and riding low under the radar while saying next to nothing in the game.

unvote:
vote: Tclawren

fos: Sundy

Pinkyfloyd needs to post more content.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
teamsleep
teamsleep
Goon
teamsleep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by teamsleep »

HellloooNewman wrote:
Cute. Now stop looking for funny gif's and find scum.

DarthYoshi wrote:
I also second the request to stop it with the goofy .gifs.

glowball wrote:
silavor wrote:
glowball wrote:

We're not looking for teams, we're looking for scum. Singular members of the anti-town faction, not speculating about "what if X and Y and Z are all apart of the group"? Tell us
why
X is scum, after that why Y is scum, why Z is scum. Guessing about the entire faction on day one, especially 3 pages in, isn't extremely counterproductive along the lines of me and Newman running around in circles, but it does nothing to help the town.

And now I can't even post .gifs

@NStride:
a) At which point in the day should the proposed nightvig start being discussed? If you go through with it, then we would need to come up with a lynch with enough time to provide around 2, 3 days of discussion regarding who the doctors should all target.
b) At what point would you want to call the proposed nightkills off? If the town is down a certain amount of players? My main caveat is that if it backfires multiple times the town is at a serious disadvantage. I think if it does in fact backfire, there needs to be a contingency plan.

@Sundy: Why the comment about me not being "bloodthirsty" enough? It struck me as kind of a "stop being so cautious and jump in!" sort of post.

tclawren wrote:
I could go through your case on teamsleep and point out why each and every single one of your points is ludicrous, but that would be a waste of time. Seriously, your case
is so bad it makes me want to unvote him.

Wasn't your vote on me in the first place a random vote?
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by glowball »

OKAY, here's what is going to happen. I am going to scumhunt- the way I like to, and you will deal with it. Pairings are pretty darn important because in end game you can almost always trace the actions back to the team somehow. I start my pairings, and I do as I like- what is and is not productive is something I have to determine for myself in my own findings. Now if I was spamming up the place with gifs then maybe you guys could say I am not helping BUT WAIT you all already have that part covered....thanks though
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by Amrun »

Prodding Hiraki.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Hiraki »

you douches.

you couldn't confirm when i fucking did.

Gimme a sec.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

OK, apologies for the inactivity. Haven't had as much time for mafia lately.

Caught up.

teamsleep is looking town. His concerns with the plan 'backfiring' look genuine. NStride prob town, not just for suggesting the initial plan but for his posts following that. Mostly null on other players. Mostly null on the rest of the game.

This wagon right here - (4) teamsleep - DarthYoshi, tclawren, Sundy, HellloooNewman

^Scum on it. At least one.

VOTE: HellooooNewman

I'll elaborate on this when I have time tonight.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
NStride
NStride
Townie
NStride
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:45 am

Post by NStride »

teamsleep wrote:
@NStride:
a) At which point in the day should the proposed nightvig start being discussed? If you go through with it, then we would need to come up with a lynch with enough time to provide around 2, 3 days of discussion regarding who the doctors should all target.
b) At what point would you want to call the proposed nightkills off? If the town is down a certain amount of players? My main caveat is that if it backfires multiple times the town is at a serious disadvantage. I think if it does in fact backfire, there needs to be a contingency plan.

farside22 wrote:
Nstride: Anything you want to add to the game beside your plan and Silvor vote there?

Wow. I subscribed to this thread, so I naturally expected e-mail notifications, but nothing happened even with all these posts. Sorry for the random leave there guys. Shoulda guessed that with 13 players somebody would have certainly posted within a few hours, much less well over a day. *sigh*

Mod: Why am I not getting a separate email for each new reply? I think the problem was, I got so many emails that I forgot to open the first notification, and the email treated it as a conversation, causing me not to look at it or be aware this thread was active. Is there a way to change this perhaps?

Teamsleep:

a) I think this should be left behind discussion wise now, and it should just remain in the back of people's minds. We will probably need to decide to use it or not use it at the same time as figuring out who the second kill should be, since the two events are intrinsically tied together. Discussion about the second lynch should not take place until as a group the first lynch is agreed upon. So, I would recommend trying to determine the lynch 3 days (72 hours) before the deadline and treat is as though it were the literal EoD deadline, then discuss in the remaining three days if a second lynch is to be used or not. We could probably do an informal poll with options such as "Lynch X - Lynch Y - Lynch Z - No second lynch" and go with similar lynching logic. That is, no night lynch will be the course of action unless half the town or more agrees to Lynch X, Y, or Z. If we don't get half the town pro-2nd-lynching anyone, the default for the doctors should be to go with no protection in the night.

b) I think there is an advantage actually to not kill during the night. Getting all the doctors to not carry out a night action 100% guarantees that only 1 townie will be dead in the morning, and we have another day to discuss who we feel is second most likely maf. I think the nightkill should only be used unless half the town or more is individually 75% or more confident that the second player in question is mafia.

If half the town is 75% certain or more that a second player is scum, not killing them and carrying on a second day will result in this by the end of Night 2:

2 kills by town, 2 kills by mafia

If half the town is 75% certain or more that a second player is scum, killing them in Night 1 will result in this by the end of Night 1:

2 kills by town, 1 by mafia, and Day 2 without 2nd player in question Day 1 bogging down other discussion.

This is what I think is the most strategic and beneficial plan.

@farside22: I will add to the discussion after my afternoon is over, but I honestly have read 0 of the last page seriously; I've only skimmed it, so I will refrain from posting thoughts until I give my thoughts some grounding. For now though, I will say my attack on Silavor was an attempt at stirring the waters and getting discussion going quickly rather than a serious vote. I cannot possibly put a well-grounded vote in the hat within the first couple pages.
Running is freedom.

Oh, and you're scum/maf.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Amrun »

The "subscribe" button emails you with each post. The "bookmark" button does not.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

teamsleep
teamsleep
Goon
teamsleep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:14 am

Post by teamsleep »

So while skateboarding I screwed up during a grind attempt and got my foot stuck in a rail. My ankle's now broken. On the bright side, I now have tons of time to spend with you wonderful people!

NStride wrote:
b) I think there is an advantage actually to not kill during the night. Getting all the doctors to not carry out a night action 100% guarantees that only 1 townie will be dead in the morning, and we have another day to discuss who we feel is second most likely maf. I think the nightkill should only be used unless half the town or more is individually 75% or more confident that the second player in question is mafia.

I'm more receptive to this proposal now that you've explained it further, though I have one more question. Since this plan relies heavily on the doctors, what happens if more than half of the town is pushing for a NK, but the half that isn't are doctors? This seems reliant on them all targeting the player, and if 2 or more are adamantly opposed to it, they could just not do it.

glowball wrote:OKAY, here's what is going to happen. I am going to scumhunt- the way I like to, and you will deal with it. Pairings are pretty darn important because in end game you can almost always trace the actions back to the team somehow. I start my pairings, and I do as I like- what is and is not productive is something I have to determine for myself in my own findings. Now if I was spamming up the place with gifs then maybe you guys could say I am not helping BUT WAIT you all already have that part covered....thanks though

Pairings don't accomplish much considering that there are more than two Mafia members in the game. Trying to identify the whole team will probably just slow you down.

Sundy: Another question on top of my post in #67 - Are you implying that it hurts the town to be cautious? I know you pointed out that the pool of suspects are always dwindling earlier. If I'm not understanding the post correctly, my bad.

Return to “Completed Open Games”