Mind Screw Mafia V (Abandoned by players, mods, everyone)

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Seraphim »

F&F: Talk to your other head. He started it[the talk about Kinetic lynching], bro.

Party Crashers: Just making sure. If you ever feel like explaining your FoS, I'm here in the meantime.

Nocmen wrote:Seraphim: The issue I have with considering a Kinetic lynch right now is the fact that in this game, it's quite simple to tell that votes on non players, like mods, anyone, are possible, and may just waste a lynch. But on the other hand, we do have reasons to believe he may have an anti-town role.
I know, this is exactly what I was thinking too.

I'm still a little more partial to the mod killing him theory. It was timed just a little too well for it to be a straight scum daykill.

Scum will almost certainly have daytalk.

Vote: Screaming Death Clan

FoS: Haylen
Fame and Fortune
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Fame and Fortune »

Seraphim wrote:F&F: Talk to your other head. He started it[the talk about Kinetic lynching], bro.

Will do.

--Fortune
Arthas
Arthas
Goon
Arthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Arthas »

No idea what's going on, so I'm gonna pretend it's a normal mafa game until we have more info.

VOTE: Kinetic

I like this idea.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Seraphim »

Also, all hydras: talk to your heads, please! I'm letting this one slide but any sort of head disagreements will be followed by a vote for me and I'm sure others will follow me. This game has quite a few hydras in it so please, please try to agree rather than contradict each other in your posting.

P-EDIT:
Unvote
Vote: Arthas
Fame and Fortune
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:41 am

Why would hydra head disagreements subject
you
to a vote?

--Fortune
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Seraphim »

...I meant FROM me.

Yes, if someone else starts acting scummy, it will be followed with a vote for myself.
Arthas
Arthas
Goon
Arthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Arthas »

Seraphim wrote:Also, all hydras: talk to your heads, please! I'm letting this one slide but any sort of head disagreements will be followed by a vote for me and I'm sure others will follow me. This game has quite a few hydras in it so please, please try to agree rather than contradict each other in your posting.

P-EDIT:
Unvote
Vote: Arthas

This is ridiculous. Obviously, if we disagree, we won't specifically do something we know the other person won't agree with, and we'll refrain from doing things that the other person can get pissed off about(hammering, sending in night actions without agreeing first), but expecting two people to agree about everything is ridiculous. Especially considering that scum will have a much easier time agreeing. This just looks like a bad excuse to throw around votes.

Unvote
VOTE: Sera
Fame and Fortune
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 am

Seraphim wrote:...I meant FROM me.

That makes more sense.

--Fortune
Arthas
Arthas
Goon
Arthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Arthas »

And if we DO disagree about something, I'm definitely going to make damn sure to express that yes, our hydra disagrees and this is my opinion.

-Gandalf(as all other posts so far have been, sorry)
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Seraphim »

BTW, my vote on you had absolutely nothing to do with the hydra thing. In fact, I did not know you were a hydra until now.

Do you want me to go into the big discussion of theory as to why I made the statement that I did, and why it's a scumtell for hydra heads to disagree? I don't really want to type it out and I feel it's a distraction but I definitely can if you're going to be stupid about it.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:56 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Seraphim wrote:BTW, my vote on you had absolutely nothing to do with the hydra thing. In fact, I did not know you were a hydra until now.

Do you want me to go into the big discussion of theory as to why I made the statement that I did, and why it's a scumtell for hydra heads to disagree? I don't really want to type it out and I feel it's a distraction but I definitely can if you're going to be stupid about it.

Please do, at least briefly, because from what I can see, a town hydra is going to disagree a lot more than a scum one.

-G
Arthas
Arthas
Goon
Arthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Arthas »

gandalf5166 wrote:
Seraphim wrote:BTW, my vote on you had absolutely nothing to do with the hydra thing. In fact, I did not know you were a hydra until now.

Please do, at least briefly, because from what I can see, a town hydra is going to disagree a lot more than a scum one.

-G

Oops.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Seraphim »

yeah, just repost the thing next time as your hydra rather than quoting it. Makes it easier to iso later.

Basically, it boils down that scum can use the entire "disagreeing hydra" thing to retract statements and reads that might become unpopular or get them attacked i.e. if one head declares a scum read on Players X, Y, and Z and never really follows up on it, and another head lists those people as town or lists some of them as scum, gets questioned about it later, they can totally just renege whatever reads aren't going to work for them as scum with a little "oh that was my other head, we didn't talk about it". If it was a single player, they could never get away with that shit without looking bad. The hydra gives them the perfect excuse.

I disagree that scum hydra will agree more than town hydra, that's just fundamentally wrong. That's just a difference between a good hydra that communicates and utilizes all available resources and a shitty hydra that's just two heads spitting out whatever.

They don't need to clear everything with their other head but if they start disagreeing and not communicating, I will vote them. If you're not going to play as a hydra, don't play as a hydra.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Nocmen »

Hydras will naturally disagree, but I have to agree with Seraphim here that it does allow them to retract statements. However, I haven't played with a game with this many hydras before, and the previous games had little (if any) scum hydras, so I don't know the difference yet to call out on that. It makes no sense to let hydras get away with frequent retractions because they disagree with something before posting. But I'm not going to turn this game into a hydra theory thread.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Wraith »

DON'T WORRY GUYS, I HAVE A PLAN.

Vote: Kinetic

YOUR FEIGNED DEATH DOES NOT FOOL ME.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Irony
Irony
Townie
Irony
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Irony »

Screaming Death Clan wrote:So far we have a daykilling scum, whoever killed Kinetic after this post WILL be found out and WILL be lynched as scum, so claim it now if you want to try and pass it off as a day vig.

Is there still a possibility someone who was a Day Vig could have shot Kinetic?
The mod flavor saying "Hostile" could have came from a person who was town shooting Kinetic.
Hmmm.

Vote:
T
ar
Tragedy/CSL Hydra~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Vi »

Is the Screaming Death Clan, a five-headed hydra, truly the pinnacle of this site's scumhunting? Not only are they oblivious to basic Mind Screw theory, they are also hesitant to give Town reads without consent.

If we are going to leave the mod-as-scum alive, that twisted mass of humanity should be removed from the game at once. Their inability to independently post Town reads in particular is truly sickening to look at.

Unvote: Tarhalindur

Vote: Screaming Death Clan
(L- :? )

I would kindly ask this hydra discussion to end. My patience is precious.

Tragedy of Irony, please do not stoop to the Screaming Death Clan's level of ignorance about this game.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Party Crashers
Party Crashers
Goon
Party Crashers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Party Crashers »

Unvote, Vote Seraphim
THE PARTY JUST STARTED

WE HAVE WHAT YOU LACK. COURAGE.
Party Crashers
Party Crashers
Goon
Party Crashers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Party Crashers »

Unfos, FOS Haylen

A+.
THE PARTY JUST STARTED

WE HAVE WHAT YOU LACK. COURAGE.
Irony
Irony
Townie
Irony
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Irony »

Screaming Death Clan wrote:
I got a few townreads, will wait till Reck is on to discuss them. No real scumreads yet (they probably are still busy in their QT)

Veterans of last MindScrew, scum daytalk yes?

Scum got QTs?
There's QTs other than for the Dead for this game?
Scum Daytalk? Who knows~

What got you into having a town read on any of 'em?
I don't even understand how would you get town reads from a few posts AFTER a death happens...
...But who killed Kinetic, who was town? :(

~T
Tragedy/CSL Hydra~
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Seraphim »

Yeah, the hydra discussion is over, now if everyone could please vote Arthas.

UnFoS
FoS: Kinetic
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Plum »

Fame and Fortune wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
Fame and Fortune wrote:point of order

kinetic is probscum
-Fame

end point of order
Explain.

point of order

"hey guys what's your favourite colour and stuff"
*waits for three people to answer the questions*
"okay guys i know who all of the scumz are but i'm going to inexplicably wait for like five minutes!! brb kk??"
*daykilled*

i'm not buying that kinetic didn't daykill himself is what i'm saying. i think that kinetic is a scum delayed reviver or some such.
-Fame

end point of order

Or his ability triggered his death (which is perhaps of a temporary nature and perhaps not), in which case he'd be more likely to be Town. I believe my take is somewhat more likely, but in this game it's all relative :D.

Seraphim wrote:Ah, I figured something as much. something does seem up, I'll grant you that. I was actually thinking it might have been the mod. If you take a look at the mod's scene's flavor it talks about the target being deemed hostile. I have no proof to back up this assertion.

Do you propose we do anything about it? Do we lynch Kinetic now?

Also, you have a PR, correct?

Seraphim weak-agrees with F&F's conclusions about Kinetic in super-wishy-washy language, emphasizing that 'I don't
know
, so don't place the responsibility for this conclusion on me!'. Then he suggests that F&F should suggest something to do with the information, and weak-proposed something that sounds completely counter-productive, in a way that places the burden of whether or not something needs doing about the conjecture squarely on F&F's shoulders. This is nearly the very definition of slimy. VOTE: Seraphim

Screaming Death Clan wrote:So far we have a daykilling scum, whoever killed Kinetic after this post WILL be found out and WILL be lynched as scum, so claim it now if you want to try and pass it off as a day vig.

Exceptionally useful, aren't you?
FOS: SDC

Got to run; more later.
Fame and Fortune
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:59 pm

I PM'd Fame (I didn't feel like messing with a QT if it's just two of us), but I've decided that now is not the time to sit on my butt. We're signing our posts, so it should be clear which one of us thinks what. I'm going to hang on to FoS's and votes until we reach an agreement, though, so Fame, a response to the PM would be nice anyway.

Seraphim is starting to come off a bit extremist regarding the hydra talk. Calling for Arthas's head for his viewpoint regarding hydras does not sit well with me. I agree that the hydra discussion is a waste of time; for us to use common sense is enough to ask of us.

I have no clue what Party Crashers is up to. I support the Seraphim vote but an explanation of the Haylen FoS would be nice.

Plum's most recent post is goodposting.

--Fortune
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Plum: Regarding Seraphim, what do you think about him being wishy-washy in the context of this game? I feel like in a game like this, when everything is unpredictable, it's impossible to tell, so I can't see that as much of a scumread in this game. Behind that facade, I see Seraphim as asking F&F why he made that guess on Kinetic as he did.

SDC: Why do you think scum killed Kinetic, as opposed to any other possibilities?
Fame and Fortune
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Nocmen wrote:Behind that facade, I see Seraphim as asking F&F why he made that guess on Kinetic as he did.

We prefer "they" to keep our identities secret, thank you. (This is not to say anything about Fame's gender or mine.)

--Fortune

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”