Mentat
Mentat
Townie
Mentat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 1:45 pm

Post by Mentat »

Sketchwick, "Crap Logic" is not a reason in itself for FOS. It is only crap because you disagree with it. In fact, there is not very much logical about most mafia games IMHO. There is never enough evidence, only data which may or may not contribute to one's own view.

Your post strikes me as defensive and another strand in the rope that will hang one of us.

[edited for slpeling[/edit]
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:00 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

I defend myself and my post seems defensive to you, fair enough. Although "the strand of the rope that hangs one of us" sounds nice, strands of rope don't hang people,
votes
hang people. I have 3, you have none. I have no idea if you are SK, mafia, or town. I know I am innocent, so obviously I'm suspicious of you for bandwagoning me. Bandwagoning a fellow mafioso is really dangerous, especially in a mini game. "Crap logic" is logic that is false, but appealing. You seem to be saying that lurking and badwagoning are mafia behaviors and my behavior today is "acting innocent." In my last post I pointed out you have done all of these things, just in a different order. In fact, if you define "acting innocent" as anything that isn't mafia behavior (bandwagoning and lurking) then that is ALL a player can do!

If you truly are on the town's side you need to rethink the game of mafia. Because if the newbies believe the crap you are spreading they will never have a chance. There doesn't have to be evidence for a town to use logic. In this game if somone came out and claimed cop, and that they found a mafia member, we should lynch who they say. If that person turns out to not be mafia, we lynch whoever claimed cop the next day. Simple logic. All without us having any evidence of who the mafia was.

Popboolie, have you been lurking this whole time until you decided you should get the bandwagon really rolling because I admitted I did something stupid on the first day?

Keeping my vote on jesternl for now, be happy to switch to mith.

sketchwick
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:52 pm

Post by discer »

All right so Mith has voted for Sketchwick on both days without posting any reason. Popabodie has voted for Sketchwick because Sketchwick admitted he made a mistake on day one. Mentat has also voted Sketchwick because he feels Sketch has acted suspiciously. Fair enough on Mentat's part.
FOS Mith and Popabodie
for targeting Sketch for either no reason (posted anyways) or a very poor one (on Pop's part). I have no idea what to think of Sketchwick at this point.

I'm holding my vote until tomorrow night (if Sketch lasts that long) so I can hear more opinions from the town and possible defences from the above mentioned players.

All: We know there is one SK and I'm guessing only one mafia family since one kill and one attempted kill on night one and two kills last night. If this is the case how many family members are there likely to be? Just wondering what we're up against.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:22 pm

Post by Luna »

(mith)

Wow, I'm getting FsOS all over.

Why I'm voting for Sketchwick? Because he was wrong... Because, as JD pointed out, voting for JD because he supposedly wasn't paying attention was just about the lamest thing I've ever seen. Last round, it was just an anti-bandwagon thing (first round logic=crap, and is usually wrong, so if anyone manages to get a quick bandwagon, i assume they are innocent). When JD was found to be innocent, that made Sketchwick a bit more suspicious. Since it was all I had to go on at the time...

The HorseriderMS thing? Do you think I would've wanted her to vote for me that early if we were both Mafia? For some reason, people like bandwagoning me. Voting for a fellow Mafia member when no one else has more than one vote is just *asking* for trouble.

Anyway, I am sticking with the Sketchwick vote because his reason for voting jesternl is Crap at best and because this:

If you truly are on the town's side you need to rethink the game of mafia. Because if the newbies believe the crap you are spreading they will never have a chance. There doesn't have to be evidence for a town to use logic. In this game if somone came out and claimed cop, and that they found a mafia member, we should lynch who they say. If that person turns out to not be mafia, we lynch whoever claimed cop the next day. Simple logic. All without us having any evidence of who the mafia was.

Makes absolutely no sense.

I'll admit, mostly it's just a hunch on Sketchwick, but it's a Mini Game so I have to go with it. I've been right about him before, or I wouldn't vote for him now.
jesternl
jesternl
Townie
jesternl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:02 am

Post by jesternl »

Well.. time to speak up in defense of Sketchwick, even though he is voting for me with crappy reasons.
Don't vote Sketchwick, he is very useful to us townies.
And since it would be pretty dumb for me to vote myself, I will follow Sketchwick's lead and
Vote: mith

Oh and please don't think both Sketch and I are mafia and that I am running to his defense, I've played more games than that. and that's not Vizzinni logic either
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:36 am

Post by Luna »

(mith, getting tired of getting bandwagoned for stupid reasons)

Unvote: Sketchwick

FOS: jesternl
... you aren't a Mason, so you must be a Cop of some sort, or Mafia, or a Traitor? Any could find that Sketchwick is innocent. And you're voting for me for no reason at all (Sketchwick has no reason other than that I voted for him).

Anyway, if you are indeed a Cop, is there a chance you are not sane?
Mentat
Mentat
Townie
Mentat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:03 pm

Post by Mentat »

It is disappointing that so few people have posted since the day began.
Popaboolie
Popaboolie
Townie
Popaboolie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:32 pm

Post by Popaboolie »

Unvote: Sketch

I voted for him for no reason. I knew he seriously wasn't pointing a FOS at his self.

It was basically a random vote.
-" I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"- Popaboolie
Mentat
Mentat
Townie
Mentat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:08 pm

Post by Mentat »

I will
Unvote Sketchwick
for now.

Sorry, HorseriderMS for assuming you were male.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:56 pm

Post by discer »

Well, the fingers don't seem to be pointing at Sketch anymore so there's no reason to vote for him. I'd still like to hear any "theories" on Sketchwick and Mith but mostly am just posting so you know I'm not ignoring the game. Jalyn, you said you thought either Mith or Skethcwick were evil. Any reason?
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:16 am

Post by Polotet »

Nothing's happening, so I'm setting a deadline for 9PM Monday EST. It might be extended if you start to have useful discussion, but otherwise whoever has the most votes will be lynched (at least 3 required).
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:42 am

Post by Sketchwick »

Well crap. 24 hour deadline? This town is screwed I fear. Pegasus said she wouldn't be back until today sometime. I would like to hear from Jalyn again, but I have no clue if it's going to help.

I guess I will
unvote jesternl, vote mith
for being WAY too defensive. Complaining about being bandwagoned with only one vote on him? What's the deal?

sketchwick
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:23 am

Post by Luna »

Well now I have two, thanks.

I wasn't complaining about being bandwagoned in *this* game. Are you in Mafia 48 on the GL?

How was a being defensive anyway? I was asked questions, responded, and then got voted for because someone had additional info about you. Sorry if I consider that a bad reason.

Don't really care, I'll get lynched no matter what I say. In fact, I'll probably get screwed by another deadline with 2 votes. *~shrug~*

If you think I'm stupid enough to associate myself with my fellow scum on the first day in a mini game, by all means, vote away. I'll go cry now.
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:44 am

Post by Sketchwick »

No, I'm not in 48.

Why can't you log on as MITH?

And why don't you vote for who you think is mafia? This dealine sucks but it sure isn't my fault.

sketchwick
Pegasus
Pegasus
Townie
Pegasus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:18 pm

Post by Pegasus »

Sorry from me too! I just got back from an out-of-town trip where things were hopping. I'll have to re-read the thread from start to finish to get re-oriented in the game before voting, but will do so later tonight.
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:16 pm

Post by Luna »

Gah, that's annoying. Randomly refreshed on me and wiped out what I was typing.

Anyway. Sketchwick, I can't log out of Luna's name. If I knew why, I would fix it. I can go get on mith on the other computer, which I will do later.

I'm not voting for anyone because I was waiting on jesternl to say more than "don't vote for sketchwick". But it doesn't look like he will.

Jalyn, first round: well, I gave most of my reasons (JD=funny, anti-bandwagon). Apparently that's not good enough for you, but anyway. This round, I thought the reasoning was obvious (sketchwick used bad logic, and JD was innocent).

Anyway, I still don't trust jesternl, because he could just know sketchwick is innocent because he's not in jester's family.

I think I will
vote; Popaboolie
for the random vote. Though, really, I'm not seeing much to go on if jester and sketch are innocent.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:26 pm

Post by Polotet »

I have decided to extend the deadline until tomorrow, Tuesday, 9PM EST. Oh, and mith, as I said before, you need at least three votes to be lynched at deadline.

Polotet
Mentat
Mentat
Townie
Mentat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:18 pm

Post by Mentat »

I am not convinced by the mith bandwagon. There are probably 3 baddies out of 7 left (not counting me, obviously). I may live (die?!) to regert this but I am not going to vote for mith. Make of that what you will.

Vote Discer
whi is still lurking.
Mentat
Mentat
Townie
Mentat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:19 pm

Post by Mentat »

Oh, look, I invented a new spelling protocol....
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:27 pm

Post by discer »

Lurking Mentat? Really........... you've played that card twice now. At least I'm not voting without rhyme or reason. I logged on an hour and a half b4 the first deadline to attempt a "just cause" vote but the deadline has been extended allowing for a little more caution. We HAVE lost two townies and our protector. I spose I could just bandwagon Mith or claim that someone is "lurking".
Pegasus
Pegasus
Townie
Pegasus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2002 4:20 pm

Post by Pegasus »

Hmmm... Popaboolie - true neophyte or clever shark?

Day 1 - not a peep

Day 2 - wimpy vote for Sketch, promptly unvoted after it appeared no one else was going along. With no replacement vote.

Methinks he (she?) is TOO inconspicuous.

VOTE: Popaboolie
Popaboolie
Popaboolie
Townie
Popaboolie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:38 pm

Post by Popaboolie »

Im a he. Day 1 I was out of town with no access to a computer. If you have played in any other mafia games with me you would know that I never really talk. I explained why I voted for sketch. And right now I have no clue who to vote for because I cant find anyone that is really suspicious.
-" I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"- Popaboolie
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:09 pm

Post by mith »

Gar... I am going to vote:mith because otherwise we aren't going to lynch today and I do find him suspicious for the no logic votes. (Yes, I understand what you are saying mith, and your logic in hindsight isn't too bad, but I don't understand why you didn't post that at the time of voting)

*~cries~*

I *explained* that. I know you've never played with me before, but this is how I do things. I generally expect people will be able to pick up on things in my posts without me having to spell it out (and there wasn't much there anyway).

So either you really don't understand, which I can't believe, or you just don't believe me. If the latter is the case, just say so.

I'm actually a bit suspicious of Mentat now. Not enough to vote on, but he's voting for a lurker because he doesn't want to vote for me, yet there's another lurker who has two votes and another vote for him would keep me from getting lynched.

Anyway. Bah. I'm going to go all out with the I TOLD YOU SO for this one. Might even see if IS will make me a banner.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”