Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:00 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
I knew that all along
what a horrible misquote, especially when that point is what made his argument even remotely valid. He's just pulling sh*t out of his ass, folks.
I have just been notified that some people think I was personally insulting Alexander with this post. I would like to reassure you that my use of this phrase in no way is meant as an insult. This is a game, and I don't play this game to insult people. I did not direct any insults at Alexander. Thank you for allowing me to clarify.
Permanent V/LA.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:03 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

IMO, both MOS and Alexander are making things up. It is to my belief that Norinel made an observation that strongly disagrees with Lloyd's. MOS and Alexander's accusation all seem a bit
misplaced

Norinel implies that Lloyd's intention to gauge reactions is scummy, but Norinel himself is doing the same thing.

vote Norinel
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:11 pm

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

Alexander has asked to be replaced so I will be looking for his successor.
In the name of Mark Lazarus....
evilandy
evilandy
Goon
evilandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:01 pm

Post by evilandy »

Hmmmm.

This game seems to be dying. I am partly to blame as I am usually far more active. I've been so busy over the last two weeks that I've only been checking in and not posting much. Will do better now.

For what its worth, I took the comment to lynch the Mod as a joke and an alternative to random voting as a (potentially) good way to get things rolling.

Now I think it is a shame if things have degenerated to the point of Alexander leaving. Somehow things seem to have become blown out of all proportions. Maybe because it was Easter and there was little in the way of other posting to dilute the strong opposing viewpoints.

In past games with Alexander he has always proved to be a good asset, keeping the game moving. And I've never known him to be scum!

Come back Alexander...
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:41 am

I think Alexander is leaving because he's pissed at me for saying he was making things up... :shock:
Permanent V/LA.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:15 am

Post by Norinel »

chaotic_diablo wrote:Norinel implies that Lloyd's intention to gauge reactions is scummy, but Norinel himself is doing the same thing.

vote Norinel
Not quite. Gauging reactions can be pro-town or anti-town, but the content of the proposal if actually followed (As it was by two other players) could've been distracting. It was enough for a first post vote, which is rarely much better than random anyway.

unvote: Lloyd
for the moment.
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:34 pm

Post by N_lich »

vote:Norinel

I think that's a bit of an overly defensive unvote.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:27 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Norinel wrote:
chaotic_diablo wrote:Norinel implies that Lloyd's intention to gauge reactions is scummy, but Norinel himself is doing the same thing.

vote Norinel
Not quite. Gauging reactions can be pro-town or anti-town, but the content of the proposal if actually followed (As it was by two other players) could've been distracting. It was enough for a first post vote, which is rarely much better than random anyway.

unvote: Lloyd
for the moment.
It was my impression that you suspected Lloyd because he proposed a bizarre suggestion without "proof". Now your claiming that it could have been 'distracting'.

evilandy
evilandy
Goon
evilandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:28 pm

Post by evilandy »

We still don't have a compliment of players. Alexander is down and Spamwise is out.

But in an attempt to get things moving I'd like to ask Lloyd a question...

@Lloyd: You made a stange vote on N_lynch asking about post restrictions but even once this was explained you kept the vote on. It seemed obvious to me N_lynch was simply showing a contradiction between what you Alexander had said. This coupled with your "vote the moderator" ploy seems a little suspicious and troublemaking. Are you trying to cause trouble?

FOS Lloyd
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:45 pm

Post by Lloyd »

No, I am not trying to cause trouble.

N_lich could have had a post restriction that required him to quote others.

Yes, I kept my vote on N_lich, partly because:
- N_lich is nowhere near the danger of being lynched
- Not everyone has checked in yet
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:06 am

Post by SpamWise »

Hey guys what's up?
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:50 am

chaotic_diablo wrote:IMO, both MOS and Alexander are making things up. It is to my belief that Norinel made an observation that strongly disagrees with Lloyd's. MOS and Alexander's accusation all seem a bit
misplaced

Norinel implies that Lloyd's intention to gauge reactions is scummy, but Norinel himself is doing the same thing.

vote Norinel
which statement of mine were you referring to?
Permanent V/LA.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:29 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
chaotic_diablo wrote:IMO, both MOS and Alexander are making things up. It is to my belief that Norinel made an observation that strongly disagrees with Lloyd's. MOS and Alexander's accusation all seem a bit
misplaced

vote Norinel
Post 45 and beyond. The part where you exagerate that Alexander just "made" the information up and that it's all false. Especially when you can even find something decent out of his argument. I'm pretty sure Alexander had something to work with instead of coming up with things out of thin air.

N_lynch and N_Lich don't seem to have the same spelling. Perhaps someone is repressing their feelings on who they want to lynch. :lol:

starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:56 pm

Post by starkmoon »

I am moderately lost at the moment. And instead of posting I should really be trimming the hedge... which I am not looking forward to.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
evilandy
evilandy
Goon
evilandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:49 pm

Post by evilandy »

chaotic_diablo wrote:N_lynch and N_Lich don't seem to have the same spelling. Perhaps someone is repressing their feelings on who they want to lynch. :lol:
Sorry, I think that is my fault. I was certain it was N_lynch.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:49 am

chaotic_diablo wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
misplaced

vote Norinel
Post 45 and beyond. The part where you exagerate that Alexander just "made" the information up and that it's all false. Especially when you can even find something decent out of his argument. I'm pretty sure Alexander had something to work with instead of coming up with things out of thin air.

N_lynch and N_Lich don't seem to have the same spelling. Perhaps someone is repressing their feelings on who they want to lynch. :lol:
the only reason I was saying this was b/c Alexander was making assumptions about things supposed implied by previous statements, then putting them in quotes as if they were a direct quotation.
Permanent V/LA.
TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:00 am

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

stikey is now replacing Alexander

PS:I will make official vote tallies if I am asked to, or if we are near to a lynch.
In the name of Mark Lazarus....
stikey
stikey
Goon
stikey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:21 am

Post by stikey »

Hey everyone! I'm the new Alexander, except with a significantly less adorable avatar.

I skimmed through the thread once, and I'll read through again late tonight -- around 10 pm Eastern time, most likely. After that, I'll post a thorough summary of what's gone on so far, so that I can make sure I'm caught up.

I
can
say, initially, that I'm suspicious of those who would support lynching the mod. I think that doing so, while resulting in possibly amusing consequences, also probably wastes a lynch. Moreover, lynching the mod seems like a bad idea for flavor reasons as well (since he's our commander and all). So yeah, if you advocate strongly lynching the moderator, you're suspicious in my book. Of course, I can't be certain that someone didn't vote for the mod simply because of the irreverence of doing so, or because of the potential for hilarity. But it does draw my suspicion.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:21 am

Post by starkmoon »

nice sword and martini guy avatar stikey ;)
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:33 am

stikey wrote:Hey everyone! I'm the new Alexander, except with a significantly less adorable avatar.

I skimmed through the thread once, and I'll read through again late tonight -- around 10 pm Eastern time, most likely. After that, I'll post a thorough summary of what's gone on so far, so that I can make sure I'm caught up.

I
can
say, initially, that I'm suspicious of those who would support lynching the mod. I think that doing so, while resulting in possibly amusing consequences, also probably wastes a lynch. Moreover, lynching the mod seems like a bad idea for flavor reasons as well (since he's our commander and all). So yeah, if you advocate strongly lynching the moderator, you're suspicious in my book. Of course, I can't be certain that someone didn't vote for the mod simply because of the irreverence of doing so, or because of the potential for hilarity. But it does draw my suspicion.
Since most mods don't allow themselves to be lynched, and in this game the mod hinted that we could try, the next logical step was to try and lynch him and see what happened. As such, things DID happen, and we were informed that we could not lynch the mod. I don't see what the problem is.
Permanent V/LA.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:40 am

Post by starkmoon »

I think the whole 'vote the mod' thing got blown completely out of proportion.

I took Lloyds posts as being semi serious at most. The yes he did say that voting the mod was a serious suggestion. I have even previously read the game he referenced with the serial killing mod. And yeah it has been done.

The ones I find most suspicious in that were those who overreacted afterwards...

I am FAR too tired to compile quotes right this second. But the reaction after the mod post about not lynching him was very abrupt and seemed opportunistic to me.

Maybe I'll be able to make sense of it more when I can see straight..
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:13 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

mos wrote:the only reason I was saying this was b/c Alexander was making assumptions about things supposed implied by previous statements, then putting them in quotes as if they were a direct quotation.

There's Alexander's exaggeration. He misquoted and made it seem far too extreme or something like that. Yours was the point where you agreed with Alexander, but then disregarded his entire argument for a misquote. My opinion is that it's a exaggeration from this "I found his argment valid, but I disagree with this part because of this and this" to "I found one thing I dislike so his entire argument is stupid".
I'm not saying that the forward should have happened, I just found the latter a not so great way to approach Alexander's point.

I don't have much to say on Lloyd.

SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:32 pm

Post by SpamWise »

What are/were the reasons against Lloyd?

He didn't take is vote off N_Lich, and he jokingly voted the moderator?

And I don't see why Norinel unvoted Lloyd. There seems to be an absence of voting in this game. It's enough to warrant my vote fore the moment, until I find something better, or someones points something out.

Vote:Norinel
stikey
stikey
Goon
stikey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:48 pm

Post by stikey »

Alright, let's see:

So much for my theory about being suspicious of people who voted for the moderator, because apparently, Alexander did :P

Now, let me analyze a bit about what happened here (please correct me if I get something wrong):
1. Norinel voted for Lloyd, saying "You're seriously proposing a very anticonventional course of action, on Day 1, based on something someone said in their bah post?"

2. Soon after, Ubertimmy voted for Lloyd, arguing "I don't think this idea will work, and I think it's misleading to suggest it."

3. Alexander said that he didn't like how Norinel and Ubertimmy jumped all over Lloyd in similar fashions (though I personally don't think they were too identical).

4. Norinel wrote what I think might be the most suspicious post so far:
Norinel wrote:Why not wait until there's actually evidence for it (As there was in the DP game), instead of potentially wasting a lynch in hopes that the mod stole an idea from DP?

But I think a big chunk of the intent behind this whole proposal was to gauge reactions, and I find Alexander's the most interesting.
5. Alexander pointed out, quite correctly I think, that Norinel tried to change the subject after Alexander got suspicious of Norinel and Ubertimmy. I think that Norinel's post is very strange, because it seems to contradict itself. He voted for Lloyd thinkng that Lloyd's suggestion might potentially waste a lynch (something I agree with completely), but
then
wrote that he thought that the major reason why Lloyd proposed to lynch the moderator was to gauge reactions. If that's really what Norinel thought, why would he have voted for Lloyd in the first place?

6. MoS confronted Alexander about the fact that Alex put something in quotes that Norinel never said (the part about knowing all along that Lloyd's intention was to gauge reactions). While I don't agree that Alexander should have put this in quotes, I do think that either 1) Norinel
did
think all along that a big chunk of Lloyd's intention was to gauge reation or 2) he changed his mind in the middle of the post I quoted in 4. about Lloyd's intentions in voting for the moderator. I don't really see how 2) could be possible, and if 1) is possible, then Norinel was essentially misleading us.

So, ultimately, I think that the post I quoted in 4. leads me to
Unvote; Vote: Norinel
. The funny thing is that I tend to agree that voting for the mod is not a good idea because it could very well waste a lynch, but I don't understand how someone could vote to lynch a person for suggesting that we lynch the moderator, and then turn around and state that the person who suggested that we lynch the moderator was probably just trying to gauge reactions. It doesn't add up to me.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:53 pm

Post by SpamWise »

I tip my hat off to you Sir Stikey.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”