Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 7:45 am

Post by Crazy »

Great game, everyone. :D I never really had the motivation to play this thing properly, but it was a lot of fun. Congrats to Drench; from what I can tell, he played a really great game. And xof, you were so freaking close, and you also would have made a very deserving winner. :)
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 8:21 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I would have tried to poach Flameaxe years ago if I'd known his dark secret.

Only an outlier, promise ;)
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 8:46 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Great game everyone love you all, hmu if you want to chat but I'm so proud of how this game turned out <333

Mods you were perfect love you 3 for the excellent work you did.

Players you are awesome and cool stay fresh.

Spechators are bomb af.
You Are Worth It
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 10:37 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 50, Crazy wrote:And xof, you were so freaking close, and you also would have made a very deserving winner.

D'aww you <33 thanks man.

Also, holy fuck, another personal goal achieved. I beat my own previous highest ELO. This gaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Oh also, if anyone wants to talk to me about whatever, I can always be reached on Skype. Same username as this~
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 11:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

god i hate you xof
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 11:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

jk, you played me like a fiddle, :P
green shirt thursdays
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 11:53 am

Post by xofelf »

Ahahahahaha. Can you really hate me though? I mean look at this face. ^_^

Hey man, I always knew there was no way to beat you. BUT it's better to keep people who could fuck your shit up closer than away from you.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
officialjaden
officialjaden
Watcher
officialjaden
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by officialjaden »

I Honestly Love When People Hate Even When There Close To You.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Cybele »

omfgwhat.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I support this product and/or service
TheBreeze
TheBreeze
Goon
TheBreeze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by TheBreeze »

Burn it with fire!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

You Think You Get It. YOU DONT YOU DONT YOU DONT!!!!!!!
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I still don't get how this game is anything but a popularity contest. Or how obvious scum like Simba got to MYLO.. There's a lot of the game that spectating just doesn't get to see.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
officialjaden
officialjaden
Watcher
officialjaden
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by officialjaden »

In post 60, TheBreeze wrote:Burn it with fire!

How Dose AnyBody Get Justice.
Shadoweh wrote:I still don't get how this game is anything but a popularity contest. Or how obvious scum like Simba got to MYLO.. There's a lot of the game that spectating just doesn't get to see.

But Everything Can Be Understood
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 12:32 am

Post by Crazy »

In post 62, Shadoweh wrote:I still don't get how this game is anything but a popularity contest. Or how obvious scum like Simba got to MYLO.. There's a lot of the game that spectating just doesn't get to see.

Well, Survivor is basically a popular contest, in a way that Mafia never could be. At least... in the early stages players almost always start by voting out the least social players. It's all anonymous, so that helps, but it's still a shame how most of the newbies were slaughtered immediately in this game.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 5:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 62, Shadoweh wrote:I still don't get how this game is anything but a popularity contest. Or how obvious scum like Simba got to MYLO.. There's a lot of the game that spectating just doesn't get to see.

I mean, it's Survivor... popularity and social manipulation is literally the point of the game.

TBH, I think this game in particular was really hard to see from a spectator perspective because the confessionals were lacking content.

I think my "obvious power" was exaggerated quite a bit by people in order to make it harder for me to win the game. Frenchie basically built that lie and people bought into it... the only people I thought I had control over were Doge & Star, and they both were working against me from basically the start of the merge. My only "power" at merge came from being persuasive and likable enough to the other players to make backstabbing me a harder thing to do, which is the only reason I came in 4th and not 8th.

To be honest, this game was super bizarre in that merge had a bit of "dead weight". I don't mean that they were bad players, but that there were several low-activity, low-impact players at merge, while a ton of high impact, big players were eliminated pre-merge (and I usually don't see that happen). I mean, god, every Nerds TC was a complete clusterfuck where the momentum shifted several times, and that NEVER happens. Val was a favorite to win the game and got completely blindsided WITH AN IDOL IN HER POSSESSION, which is just absolutely nuts. I think this game had a lot more turmoil than most games. There was no "dominant group" or anything. Almost every person was working both for and against the same people.

Drench played a masterful game, really, by being a huge social threat. He strategically used the right people to get information then turned when it was no longer valuable, and nobody caught on until it was too late.

xofelf also did a fantastic job with her UTR game, and I originally was voting Dave over Star. It was that close. In retrospect, I can appreciate how nonthreatening xofelf made Dave appear and how it was all an act to get as far as possible. Dave almost won the damn game, simply because xofelf had everyone convinced that Dave was the easiest person to beat in FTC, when in actuality, that strategy in and of itself was great.

Mist, I feel, made a huge mistake not taking out Drench in F4... and that was honestly the only shot at Star not winning. I don't think I would've been able to justify my post-merge play as anything other than reacting to shit and trying to survive. I made no "big plays". Star was a big threat, especially with how he was playing everyone, and the fact Doge didn't see the Dave/Star duo thing until it was too late was unfortunate. Had Doge gone to F3 with me/Dave, there's no situation in which he doesn't make FTC... and beating me or Dave is no harder than beating Star, PLUS Star was a proven challenge master.

TBH, looking at the jury now, there's no way I could've made it to FTC, I don't think. Had I stuck with Frenchie, maybe, but that would be a long shot, and no way would I win in FTC against Frenchie.
green shirt thursdays
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 5:19 am

Post by Narninian »

I still maintain than prioritizing PM post count when looking for a first boot disgusts me, but its clearly programmed into the meta/hive mind.
I guess knowing that I might be able to enjoy a future survivor game, but this one was a completely awful experience for me.
The extra in is for /in
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 5:26 am

Post by KingdomAces »

The problem is that when people don't prioritize PM count for early boots, Goofy. By that I mean the people with low counts end up caring less and end up being completely inactive for the rest of the game, which makes people who are taking these incredibly seriously angry.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 5:29 am

Post by Narninian »

I see; I guess that makes sense --- I had no plans of being 'inactive' for the rest of the game, but I can see how you wouldnt be able to tell the difference and how the meta evolved that way.

I was booted over somebody who hadn't posted in a week and self-evicted before the next week for inactivity. It clearly can't be because I wasn't going to participate enough. I was there, I just wasn't posting paragraphs of meaningless content.
Last edited by Narninian on Mon May 04, 2015 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The extra in is for /in
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 5:46 am

Post by KingdomAces »

By the way, though Goofy was in a Big Brother and not a Survivor, either way his whole game was pretty much posting "hi ^^" on day one and practically nothing else. He got to F2, and if I remember correctly got 2 out of 7 jury votes out of spite. So yeah early activity checks can be bad, especially for newer players, but there is definitely a reason for them.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Narninian »

Here in example of a PM thread paraphrased.

them: basic intro
me: basic intro
Me: game stuff
them: Too early for game talk
me: ok, comments on challenge.
them: why arent you talking more.
me: ok, try to talk game
them: too early for game talk
me: ok, comment on challenge
them: you're not talking enough
me: ok, I'll talk more.
me: game?
them: too early.
me: We finally lost a challenge.... game stuff.
them: its too late to talk game - I warned you.

Not all of them are the same, as I didn't want to work with everyone, but there are common threads.
Some of them didn't talk to me except to say I wasn't talking enough (even though I talked to them more than they talked to me).

I
t really did feel like, ok lets eliminate the new guys and get to the real game. As the new guys didn't know about this early game ritual where you talk about nonsense to prove you're invested in the game.
The extra in is for /in
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 7:06 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Welcome to the circle jerk, enjoy your stay.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 8:41 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 69, KingdomAces wrote:By the way, though Goofy was in a Big Brother and not a Survivor, either way his whole game was pretty much posting "hi ^^" on day one and practically nothing else. He got to F2, and if I remember correctly got 2 out of 7 jury votes out of spite. So yeah early activity checks can be bad, especially for newer players, but there is definitely a reason for them.

He received 3 of the 7 votes. There was a point where it looked like he was winning.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 9:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 70, Narninian wrote:It really did feel like, ok lets eliminate the new guys and get to the real game. As the new guys didn't know about this early game ritual where you talk about nonsense to prove you're invested in the game.

Uh I had no idea any of you were newbies and it wasn't like that at all? Shit, I even tried to help Heisenberg by telling him he was sort of alienating people with his distant posting style.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2015 9:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I decided you would be an easy person to boot because you weren't gelling with people. Shit, I even tried to help you man... but I'm not going to be particularly lovely towards someone who, when I send him a nice greeting and try to form a common bond over Breaking Bad, responds with like a one-word answer.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Social Game Archive”