Newbie 523: (Game over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Sint (2): brokenscraps, BrettH84
Paradoxombie (1): reach42

Not voting (4): Quagmire, pinkkitten90, Paradoxombie, Sint

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
Last edited by bird1111 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reach42
reach42
Townie
reach42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by reach42 »

well snap, I would like to make this interesting.

unvote: Paradoxombie, vote: Sint

1 more and he's gone.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

well if you would rather my being pissy to not talking and when i get pissy its not pretty.
I would much rather just not talk for a bit. As i said it is getting fustrating.
And Im not lurking.
FoS:
BrettH84
"Kitten, your the only person I know that can wander in to a game. Die, and leave with a list of emails" - Ej
"Well my philosophy is that if I think your adorable and/or awesome fun in the game I'm going to want something." - me :)
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

FoS: Reach42

well snap, I would like to make this interesting.

unvote: Paradoxombie, vote: Sint

1 more and he's gone.
Thats not cool.
"Kitten, your the only person I know that can wander in to a game. Die, and leave with a list of emails" - Ej
"Well my philosophy is that if I think your adorable and/or awesome fun in the game I'm going to want something." - me :)
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by brokenscraps »

reach42 wrote:a typo isn't really a reason to declare someone scum.

I'm not accusing her because of a typo, nor do I think shes that suspicious, just saying that she shouldn't stop posting, which is what she said she would do.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

brokenscraps wrote:
reach42 wrote:a typo isn't really a reason to declare someone scum.

I'm not accusing her because of a typo, nor do I think shes that suspicious, just saying that she shouldn't stop posting, which is what she said she would do.
yes but as you can tell im too impatitant too do that.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

ok im now suspisious of three people. Bint, Brokenscrapes and Reach.
Bint cos he put his second "random vote on someone already voted for.
Reach cos he jumped on the bandwagon
and Scrapes because he has not removes his random vote from a lynch -1
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by brokenscraps »

unvote: Sint

Don't want to put anyone at -1 lynch this early.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

ok so now its only Bint and Reach... reasons still stand
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Vote: reach42
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Wow you guys post alot. The average mafia player makes like 2 posts per day between 2-4 games. But that's not to discourage discussion! Post as much as you like, but not everyone can or will post as rapidly.

Anyway, I think the random and second votes against Sint were fine, but reach's vote isn't reasonable. Trying to encourage discussion is fine, but risking a mistaken lynch like that is scummy. I've read games where newbies lynch too quickly and it's usually because someone casts the last vote stupidly without warning.

Pinkkitten stop keep calling Brett "Bint."

I don't think Brett's vote is scummy because it's only the second vote, and it's not really random since he had a reason: Sint's refusal to random vote could be a deliberate attempt to stop discussion. The purely bandwagonning vote is clearly the scummiest.
Vote:Reach42

You wanted to make it interesting.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by brokenscraps »

Reach42 looks the scummiest right now, a bandwagon vote that adds nothing and is only done to "make things interesting" look very scummy. I won't vote for you yet because I want to give you time to justify your vote, and I don't want to read too much into a single vote in a Newbie game.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

oops im just tired.
it wasnt the fact it was the second vote on someone it was that he moves his 'random' vote to another 'random' vote on someone already with a vote for the fact they didnt post when there were others he could vote for and it was hours after the vote count where he could easily see who was voted for.
Sint
Sint
Townie
Sint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Sint »

BrettH84 wrote:or Sint, who has said as little as possible in a post, pretty much checking in and nothing else. Lurking is always a questionable play style in my eyes.
I'd like to call it a dayjob. Normally I'm gone from 7am to 6pm, add to that regular day life = (alternating) evenings. Yet, it seems this thread grows quickly. My last game was growing by average of 4 posts a day... :roll:
Anyway, you wanted to get the discussion going because I only checked in. However you failed to notice that I actually tried to do the same with my post. I asked reach a question which reach failed to answer. We're not all as straight forward as you are, the key in the first game I played here was to grow a feel on people and try and catch them in their words. He said he'd ''see if anything suspicious comes up'', but if we all do that (like you also noted) we won't get very far. So I asked him what would happen then.

Now.. reach, what the .. was that L-1 about? (L-1 = 1 vote to lynch) You don't reason it, you try to quicklynch me, you even sound like you want to lynch me. I'm willing to dismiss it as bad play but I'd like you to adress this too. Think what would happen if you'd lynched me.

Now to make it interesting:
IMO reach and painkitten cannot be the mafia together. If they were pinkkitten could've quicklynched me, blame it on bad lurking like someone else suggested or even on being new to the site and try to take it home on day 2. (they might've lost one on day 2 getting the game to day 3, but it's an instant 2 townie kill.. I think the mafia would've taken that any time.)

Before anything else, pinkkitten if you'd have to choose right now on who'd the mafia pair would be. Who'd be it?

note to self - check notes
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:55 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

choose right now from what Ive heard and seen?
BrettH84 and Reach
like i said earlier
Brett voted for you as a 'random vote' hours after the vote count was posted and it was shown that you had a vote. plus he switched his random vote... who does that.
Reach because of the who L-1 thing that was bad and the fact he did it as interesting.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:59 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

BRETT IS ALSO RANDOMLY FINGER POINTING WHEN YOU MENTION HIM BEING SCUMMY
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:37 pm

Post by brokenscraps »

Brett and Reach certainly look the most suspicious so far, but we should give each of them an opportunity to plead their case.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:53 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

sint asked my opinion. and i will give them a chance. but my oppinion is out there.
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:57 pm

Post by brokenscraps »

Sorry, my post was badly worded, I should of said "I will give each of them...". I wasn't trying to say what you posted was wrong, only that I wasn't going to vote either of them.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:04 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

its cool
i have already voted for Reach but if i begin to doubt my choice ill remove it.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:23 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Ok brokenscrapes, Paradoxombie, Quagmire, BrettH84, Reach and sint if you had to vote for two mafia now who would it be?

you all have my answer and i think its and even question.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:49 am

Post by Quagmire »

pinkkitten90 wrote:Ok brokenscrapes, Paradoxombie, Quagmire, BrettH84, Reach and sint if you had to vote for two mafia now who would it be?

you all have my answer and i think its and even question.
I'm not going to answer that, because right now I'd just be pulling names out of a hat, and that's not going to get us anywhere.

If I had to say anything right now, I guess, then pinkkitten is town -- she posts way too much but she seems like an overeager townie more than anything.

I also don't like this post one bit:
paradoxombie wrote:Anyway, I think the random and second votes against Sint were fine, but reach's vote isn't reasonable. Trying to encourage discussion is fine, but risking a mistaken lynch like that is scummy. I've read games where newbies lynch too quickly and it's usually because someone casts the last vote stupidly without warning.
Sint
Sint
Townie
Sint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:25 am

Post by Sint »

I had hoped you'd just pick someone and ask a simular question (but a little diffrent) like I did, because asking everyone the same question gives people the chance to hide out in eachothers words.

Now the reason why I asked you who you'd pick: because I found something curious about your wordings. Brett made a random vote at first, no big deal there, that's pretty normal. Yet his second vote was NOT random. He voted for me and even used an elimination process to get to my name. He was going for a non-voter (that's pink, quag, reach and me), who was around a while (that's quag or me), ''and should either have another means of creating discussion, or should realize random voting usually works out well'' (now my guess is he picked me because I posted once and quag twice, although admittedly he could've picked quag too). So IMO there's nothing random there. He even stated he was picking the name to make a push for conversation, another reason to vote someone; doesn't matter if it's the second vote because it's 4 to lynch anyway.

Yet you (pink) dismiss it as random, not once, but four times (33, 39, 56, 62 before my question) hence I wanted to know what you ment with post 62 but your explanation in 64:
Brett voted for you as a 'random vote' hours after the vote count was posted and it was shown that you had a vote. plus he switched his random vote... who does that.

Isn't right either. First off, it wasn't a random vote, it doesn't matter that it's after a postcount because it's the second vote and if you want to push people one vote alone might not do it and stop saying he switched his random vote. para said it wasn't random in post 60 and you basically agree in 62 (oops I'm tired), yet when I asked about it you go back in 64 to saying it was a random vote. It just doesn't add up.

I will let brett come along and say something on this story, but I'm quite sure he'll agree with me.

So your hunting for brett seems very oppertunistic to me, pushing him for the wrong reasons and clinging on to them when essentially agreeing it doesn't fit. Now that you voted for reach instead of brett makes me think too.. you're pushing brett but reach comes along and makes a bad play / suspicious play, so you vote for him. Yet not immediately. You FOS him forst in 53 and vote for him later on
while he hasn't posted in between
(not only that, no one posted something on his L-1). Seems too eager to me. You FOS someone because you think he's suspicious, not to vote only
half an hour
later when nothing has changed.

Now to answer the question, the scum pair I'd pick right now is pinkkitten and someone who hasn't been so vocal, so quag or para. quag more likely then para then because pink and para voted reach in consequtive posts. brett could be, for scum can attack eachother for trying to look like being on opposing sides and broken could be too, being clever looking pro-town with his unvote. Yet on all of them I haven't found any half decent leads and like I said I would be very surprised if pink is scum with reach.

FOS
pinkkitten
Sint
Sint
Townie
Sint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:28 am

Post by Sint »

hehe, go go posting at the same time (quag posted while I was typing), nothing changed yet quag: over eager town or oppertunistic mafia, which would you rather have?
BrettH84
BrettH84
Goon
BrettH84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:07 am

Post by BrettH84 »

Sorry, I didn't realize I was Bint. I thought Sint was Bint and it was just another typo. I couldn't pick two people to vote for right now because there isn't enough information. But I will agree with Sint's FoS of pink kitten. As it was stated, my switching of a vote wasn't random. It was to generate discussion, and I gave a reason for it. And I also intentionally picked the person who already have votes on him because it's more likely to create discussion. Yet you keep hounding me for switching one random vote for another. You claim I FoSed someone when I was being looked at. Where? I did say that my vote wasn't as scummy, and that people lurking were more scummy. But I didn't FoS anybody because that's not nearly enough to go on. Yet you are make me out to be a person crazily switching votes and FoSing other people. Yet on post 56, you claim to be suspicious of many people on thin evidence. I've already addressed the thinness of suspicion for me. That post was 7 minutes after the vote that put Sint L-1, yet you are casting suspicion on Scrapes for not having removed it yet? The only one with some validity to it would be the suspicion on Reach. His vote is bold putting someone at L-1 that early, but if people are afraid to random vote, it's likely they're afraid to quick lynch too. So he said he would make things interesting, maybe he meant he was looking to generate discussion. I've seen experienced townies put someone at L-1 quickly realizing that townies won't quick lynch. So it either generates discussion, or creates a quick lynch and a mafia giving himself up. You'll probably push for a Reach/Brett scum pair from the last two statements, but I hope you realize it's just logic reasoning and past experience.

I will agree with Quagmire that it's possible kitten is an overeager townie. She did ask a lot of questions of people at the start, so that could be possible. Do I think it's more likely than not that kitten is mafia? No. But she asked who I was most suspicious of, and right now it would be her. But I'm going to wait for future conversation to tell which she is.

On a side note, I have two finals tomorrow, so you might not here from me for the rest of the day, and until Saturday evening. I'll try to check back if I have the time and I make good progress studying.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”