Newbie 575: Harry Potter - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count

CaptainCake[2] (geraintm, AK47x2)
Talmadge Monroe[1] (CaptainCake)

Not voting: 4 (PyroDwarf, Boogzie, hitogoroshi, Talmadge Monroe)

7 alive means 4 votes to lynch!
Last edited by Guardian on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Boggzie »

PyroDwarf wrote:Um.. I don't see where he FoS'ed Ak. He did use the abbreviation: AFAIK, which is As far as I know. Maybe you are mistaken?
Still waiting for the Captain's response.
I didn't think he FoS'd anyone, but I didn't have any idea what the acronym was either. :)

Thanks.

adjusts IC tie
Go Tribe!
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:59 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

geraintm wrote: i don't understand this Hito.
Why are you FOSing AK47?
I don't think hitogoroshi intended to FOS anyone, but to say that we should be using FoS at this point of the game.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:00 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

EBWODP:
Ignore that last message from me, I misread your post above it.
Talmadge Monroe
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Talmadge Monroe »

Perhaps it just me, but geraintm seems awfully protective of AK in that reply. Granted, it was a misread on his part, but why should he care that much if someone is simply suspicious about another player?

Asking for a reason is one thing, but defending another player this early in the game seems odd though.
When in doubt, tell the truth.
~Mark Twain
5-1 Town
2-0 Scum
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 am

Post by CaptainCake »

I'm not too sure why I have defend myself here but whatever.
AK47x2 wrote:No reason to doubt Hitoro's claim of pnuemonia just yet, but I'm interested by Captain's jump onto that particular bandwagon.
I wasn't aware there was a bandwagon or that an FoS counted towards that. I was just adding to the humor in TM's vote.
AK47x2 wrote:Captain voting somebody else in. That's such an unusual mistake to make, a scum would have no reason to do that. So Captain appears to be quite jumpy, and responds fairly quickly to comments. Overeager, or the sign of a nervous scum?
I just assumed anyone posting in this thread would be game related. At the time to only name I bothered to remember was the mod, I didn't think to double check the list of players.
AK47x2 wrote:Hitoro also jumps onto the bandwagon started by Captain.
Um... what?

I'm still keeping my vote on TM for now. He's the only one I've got suspicions about so far. What few posts he has made have all been accusations, I know its not very much but I've got nothing to go on against anyone else.
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Boggzie »

I dunno how much it means other than a line to question. Could it be compounding later? Sure, but right now I dunno.
Go Tribe!
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:48 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

Ak's post regarding CaptainCake did seem a bit forced. His points seem valid, but Captaincake's strange vote can be excused as newbishness. Other than that, Ak seems to be reaching a bit here.
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Boggzie »

Boggzie wrote:I dunno how much it means other than a line to question. Could it be compounding later? Sure, but right now I dunno.
This was in response to TM's post 54 - I'm @ work and had a customer come in while I was writing. I returned to the PC and posted. I just figured I'd clarify.
Go Tribe!
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:43 am

Post by AK47x2 »

CaptainCake wrote:
AK47x2 wrote:Hitoro also jumps onto the bandwagon started by Captain.
Um... what?
I phrased that badly. What I meant to say was that you expressed a desire to get the ball rolling, which was followed by Boggzie and hitorogoshi both unvoting.

My whole reason for voting Captain is working on the principle that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Three events which would normally be discounted, but the game seems rather short of real, serious messups as of yet. Captain seems like the most suspicious so far.
PyroDwarf wrote:Ak's post regarding CaptainCake did seem a bit forced. His points seem valid, but Captaincake's strange vote can be excused as newbishness. Other than that, Ak seems to be reaching a bit here.
When I made the post, we were on page 2. I think any deductions made that early have to be reaching to a certain extent.
geraintm wrote:
hitogoroshi wrote:Plus, when we're voting primarily to see the response but we're past random, we should be FOSing at first AFAIK.
? i don't understand this Hito.
Why are you FOSing AK47? he seemed to have a pretty good reason to switch his vote to the captain. Most everyone has said the captain has done something odd with his vote on a non-playing character. Are you going to cast suspiscions on everyone who went "Oh!" when they saw the captain's vote?
Talmadge Monroe wrote:Perhaps it just me, but geraintm seems awfully protective of AK in that reply. Granted, it was a misread on his part, but why should he care that much if someone is simply suspicious about another player?

Asking for a reason is one thing, but defending another player this early in the game seems odd though.
I'll leave geraintm to defend himself on this one, but it came as a shock to me. I'm actually quite interested in how AFAIK can be misread as AK47x2.
"If I abandon this project I would be a man without dreams and I don't want to live like that"
- Werner Herzog
Talmadge Monroe
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:44 am

Boggzie wrote:I dunno how much it means other than a line to question. Could it be compounding later? Sure, but right now I dunno.
This is true. I just thought I'd get it out in the open, which is why I didn't vote or FOS.
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by AK47x2 »

Just so you know, guys, I'm going to be away from Saturday mid-day to Sunday mid-day. Also, I'm British, so we're talking GMT here.
"If I abandon this project I would be a man without dreams and I don't want to live like that"
- Werner Herzog
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

hitogoroshi wrote:Plus, when we're voting primarily to see the response but we're past random, we should be FOSing at first AFAIK.
I don't know why but as I read this thread over, this really stuck out, aside from Cakegate, witch I am willing to chalk up to newbness. It seems to me that a day one scum lynch is the desired outcome. A FoS is nothing, I suposse your target should say something, but it doesn't actuallty force their hand, so to speak. I don't know, maybe I'm just looking for any little thing to jump out. Ak is starting to become suspicous to me, in a way that I HOPE he's a townie, because I don't want to face him if he is mafia.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:16 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Uh, I'm referring to that fact that we shouldn't be voting on page three, Pyrodwarf. We are going to lynch D1, but the longer the day, the better.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Boggzie »

hitogoroshi wrote:Uh, I'm referring to that fact that we shouldn't be voting on page three, Pyrodwarf. We are going to lynch D1, but the longer the day, the better.
Agreed. The longer the day, the tougher it is on Mafia typically.
PyroDwarf wrote: Ak is starting to become suspicous to me, in a way that I HOPE he's a townie, because I don't want to face him if he is mafia.
This stuck out to me as it's like a standalone comment, like it's placed where we'll see it and that bothers me. There's no explanation of why, and it's certainly not obvious as to why PD would make this statement, it's not as if AK is an IC.

@ PD - Why are you intimidated by AK? What about him makes him a formidible opponant for you?

Also, FoS on D1, to me anyway, should be seen as a warning shot. Votes for me on Day 1 are excellent pressure tools, at the correct times. Granted, as the game progresses and we're in the neighborhood of 3 votes for a lynch or something, FoS's become HUGE.

@ Capt. Cake - Are you nervous for some reason? Being a newbie doesn't make you a bad player - it just makes you new.

@ geraintm - you really need to hop in and explain your pounce on hito's supposed FoS. While it was miniscule to me as a clerical error at the time, you being quiet while EVERYONE else has checked in bothers me.

vote: geraintm
until he shows up and gives an explanation.
Go Tribe!
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Boggzie »

I'm notorious for double posts - sorry.

@ geraintm - also, just as I was looking back through voting; you need to get your vote off of Cake or give us a solid reason to why you're still there. This vote was from the random stage, if you feel like it's warranted now, that's cool. However, you need to show up and explain it as he could easily be L-1 if the scum got ballsy.
Go Tribe!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:00 am

Post by CaptainCake »

Boggzie: Not nervous at all. What prompted you to think that?

I agree, geraintm needs to post and discuss the current situation. I'm not suspicious because his vote is on me, as it was pretty much random, but mostly due to his lack of posting.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:42 am

Post by Boggzie »

CaptainCake wrote:Boggzie: Not nervous at all. What prompted you to think that?
I dunno. It's just the feeling I got from your posts. That's why I asked, inflection and such do not translate via text, so I'd rather clarify for myself. Nothing meant by it.
Go Tribe!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:52 am

Post by CaptainCake »

Fair enough.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

I don't know, Ak just seems like someone that I don't want to battle wits with, so I really hope he is town. All of his posts seem to be well thought out. IDK. I just get the feeling that if he is mafia, this will be hard for townies.
And I was posting last night after a long day, so that may have fuled my suspisions there, Hitogoroshi.
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:50 am

Post by AK47x2 »

I'm back.
PyroDwarf wrote:Ak is starting to become suspicous to me, in a way that I HOPE he's a townie, because I don't want to face him if he is mafia.
PyroDwarf wrote:I don't know, Ak just seems like someone that I don't want to battle wits with, so I really hope he is town. All of his posts seem to be well thought out. IDK. I just get the feeling that if he is mafia, this will be hard for townies.
And I was posting last night after a long day, so that may have fuled my suspisions there, Hitogoroshi.
These are very interesting posts, because they're incredibly hard to respond to. In post 62, the first quote came right at the end of an entirely different suspicion aimed at hitogo. I agree with Boggzie there; it seems very out of place. And here's something else interesting. Post 44, I make my first big contribution by analyzing what's happened so far and finishing by levelling an accusation at Captain. Four posts later, geraintm leaps to my defense over a percieved slight. Still waiting on an explaination for that, of course. And then PyroDwarf does something else very odd; he publicly compliments me by saying that all my posts seem well thought out. Which is interesting by itself, because one of the things he said after my analysis post was:
PyroDwarf wrote:Ak's post regarding CaptainCake did seem a bit forced. His points seem valid, but Captaincake's strange vote can be excused as newbishness. Other than that, Ak seems to be reaching a bit here.
Being overly friendly tends to be a sign of scum slipping up; after all, if somebody congratulates a doctor on a good save, that means he's probably either the doctor or scum. So I wonder; is this a plot on the part of geraintm and Pyro to get me out?

This is very odd. As he hasn't responded to any of the questions of him, combined with what I've said above, makes me
unvote: CaptainCake
and
FoS: geraintm
. I'm not suspicious enough of PyroDwarf to warrant a FoS.
- Werner Herzog
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

No, no, don't get me wrong. I still stand by my posts. Regarding my first "critical" post of Ak, I agreed with regards to suspicion of CaptainCake, but he defended himself decently. IGMEOUS, though. I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to buddy up, only that I wouldn't want to be in a situation where it would be myself, Ak(hypothetically as mafia) and some one else. I feel that Ak might be more able to persuade some one to vote for a fellow townie. Although, I suppose I should suspect that of anyone...

I am only slightly suspicious of Hitogoroshi. Mr. G's absence doesn't look too good. I haven't really an opinion of any one else. The reason that I put that line there, is because the way I post is kinda "stream of consciousness", in that I start typing as it comes to me. It would have made more sense to separate it, but c'est la vie.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by geraintm »

Very quick post
firstly, i don't post at the weekends. I am not on the computer to either read or write then, and this will be the case througout the game. So if anyone was hoping for me to write something since Friday when i lst posted (?) is too soon

And the other thing, i completely misread that post and got inmy head AFAIK with AK47. i got the one confused with the other.
If you look at my post, you see how confused i was by the FOSing of AK47, i felt it came out of nowhere. As the only place it came out of was my imagination then i completely apoligise and take back that wolepost.
I'll write more later today. (probably before most of you get up as i am in the UK)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:25 am

Post by geraintm »

Talmadge Monroe wrote:Perhaps it just me, but geraintm seems awfully protective of AK in that reply
no, wasn't protective. all a horrible misunderstanding with the AK47/AFAIK thing
hitogoroshi wrote:Uh, I'm referring to that fact that we shouldn't be voting on page three, Pyrodwarf. We are going to lynch D1, but the longer the day, the better.
agree with this, but there needs to be some votes. if everyone unvoted and we got down to zero votes, the game stalls. there needs to be some voting to generate discussion.
the reason for the random voting at the start is just to get some discussion going
Boggzie wrote:
Agreed. The longer the day, the tougher it is on Mafia typically.
PyroDwarf wrote: @ geraintm - you really need to hop in and explain your pounce on hito's supposed FoS. While it was miniscule to me as a clerical error at the time, you being quiet while EVERYONE else has checked in bothers me.

vote: geraintm
until he shows up and gives an explanation.
I am not on at the weekends. I don't have time to read or post. So please give me longer than the weekend to explain my mistakes before you vote for me. I was not being quiet for any reason than i am quiet in every game i am playing. you were awfully quick to jump on me though for a mere clerical error...
Boggzie wrote:
I'm notorious for double posts - sorry.

@ geraintm - also, just as I was looking back through voting; you need to get your vote off of Cake or give us a solid reason to why you're still there. This vote was from the random stage, if you feel like it's warranted now, that's cool. However, you need to show up and explain it as he could easily be L-1 if the scum got ballsy.
if you look at my play in other games, i am normally very sticky with my votes. i leave them there a long time. i have seen no reason to move my vote, and i'd rather be voting somewhere than not at all.

you are very worried that the mafia are going to quickly jump on and lynch him, but frankyl if they did that i'd be jumping for joy for them being so obvious!
CaptainCake wrote: I agree, geraintm needs to post and discuss the current situation. I'm not suspicious because his vote is on me, as it was pretty much random, but mostly due to his lack of posting.
you are all way too eager. i think i have posted every week day. i'll say again, i am not on at the weekends!
PyroDwarf wrote: Mr. G's absence doesn't look too good.
again, i was onyl gone the weekend!!!
Talmadge Monroe
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:04 am

PyroDwarf wrote:I don't know, Ak just seems like someone that I don't want to battle wits with, so I really hope he is town. All of his posts seem to be well thought out. IDK. I just get the feeling that if he is mafia, this will be hard for townies.
PyroDwarf wrote: Ak is starting to become suspicous to me, in a way that I HOPE he's a townie, because I don't want to face him if he is mafia.
PyroDwarf wrote:I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to buddy up, only that I wouldn't want to be in a situation where it would be myself, Ak(hypothetically as mafia) and some one else. I feel that Ak might be more able to persuade some one to vote for a fellow townie. Although, I suppose I should suspect that of anyone...
I can only come to one conclusion from these series of posts.

Pyro is trying to get rid of AK because he feels threatened. Pyro is scum.

You've made 3 posts now trying to make it look as if AK is persuasive and possibly dangerous. This is either the 3 worst accidental posts in townie history, or you're just not doing a very good job of causing dissent among us townies.

If AK is mafia, we need to know why you think so instead of 3 suspicious posts that straddle the fence, so to speak.
If AK is townie, you've just effectively nightkilled him by placing him on a pedestal.

Either way, I don't think you're being very beneficial to the town's cause.

vote: PyroDwarf
When in doubt, tell the truth.
~Mark Twain
5-1 Town
2-0 Scum

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”