Newbie 2064 - (GG)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 3:17 am

Post by Dum »

In post 48, navigatorv wrote:What are you talking about? Didn't you vote for me?
Awkard moment incoming: i forgot to change my vote

sorry

VOTE: dsjstr
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 3:19 am

Post by Micc »

In post 44, NinjaStore wrote:
In post 42, Micc wrote: In this scenario, wouldn’t you have just found scum? You did confidently name someone scum without any clarifier.
Are you talking about my joke vote on orctin? The game had barely started.
Not in the part you quoted, but later in post 43 I was. In this quoted part I’m talking about the player who hammered without warning in the hypothetical situation you gave. You called them scum, and I’d agree! We’d eliminate then the following day and be happy with the exchange.
In post 46, navigatorv wrote:
In post 43, Micc wrote:So anyone who still doesn’t like the E-2 wagon can blame the RVS voters for getting in the way of my attempt at a real wagon.
Except weren't you the first person to vote? No one had even posted aside from mods and you immediately targetted NinjaStore with no reasoning even given. That's hardly attempting to start a real wagon, even a joke vote has more justification than that.
I made a joke (aka RVS) vote on NinjaStore and then transitioned into a more serious vote on orctin. I think that’s pretty straightforward and reasonable. We are ~15% of the way through Day 1 already. What pert of this do you find indicative of my alignment and why?
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 4:09 am

Post by navigatorv »

I just find it odd that you're suddenly taking issue with the people who did RVS when you did it yourself and were advocating it until that post
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 53, navigatorv wrote:I just find it odd that you're suddenly taking issue with the people who did RVS when you did it yourself and were advocating it until that post
+ town point to
navigatorv
for this post.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
NinjaStore
NinjaStore
Townie
NinjaStore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 9:10 am

Post by NinjaStore »

Looks like I'll be going V/LA from now until sometime on Sunday the 23rd. A camping trip that was supposedly canceled got un-canceled.

I'm not going to leave a vote on anyone in the meantime. So far, Micc looks the scummiest to me for reasons I've already mentioned. dsjstr is going to look scummier the longer they go without posting. Hopefully they start being active soon. I don't have reads on anyone else yet.

See you guys in a few days, assuming I'm still alive.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Micc »

In post 53, navigatorv wrote:I just find it odd that you're suddenly taking issue with the people who did RVS when you did it yourself and were advocating it until that post
I haven’t expressed any issues with RVS votes. Just that I think we are at the stage of the game where “good” Town play would be to transition from RVS to real and meaningful votes.

Predit: pls don’t die. Thanks
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Cabd »

Humaneatingmonkey replaced DJSTR
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:47 am

Post by navigatorv »

Fair enough, maybe it was just the phrasing that threw me off. I'm still not convinced enough to withdraw my vote for now though. Hopefully you can prove my hunch wrong.

Bye NinjaStore, have a fun trip! I agree, irl dying is not preferred.

As for the replacement, that brings a question to mind: since Humaneatingmonkey replaced DJSTR do the votes transfer to him as well or is it treated as if the ones who voted have unvoted?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Micc »

Votes for a replaced player and the vote of the replaced player stay where they are.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 58, navigatorv wrote:do the votes transfer to him as well or is it treated as if the ones who voted have unvoted?
As Micc noted, votes remain with their slot.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by navigatorv »

Ah, that'll be good to know if I replace into another game, thank you
Fizz Raab
Fizz Raab
Townie
Fizz Raab
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by Fizz Raab »

Yeah, that is very scummy to throw out a vote without a logical explanation for it, especially when there were no posts from anyone beyond that from the first proper post in this game. I completely agree. I thought that's one unwise move to make dude. I don't get the joke votes at all personally. Because of that rookie mistake, I'm going with this.

VOTE: Micc
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Hello what's up
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

VOTE: Micc

Teach us how to react to pressure, Micc.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by orctin »

This is total setup for me to hammer Micc - he's at E-1 i believe. At the moment he is high on my scum list but ending day early is generally a bad play. I'd rather allow him a chance to post before a hammer vote goes down

Aside from Micc i dont have much of a town/scum read otherwise really, it's just to early for me to draw those kind of conclusions. but some basic thoughts to help start people down that road.

Fizz Raab - playing the newbie card early
Salsabil Faria - seems knowledgeable on the game - countered to Micc's early push
Dum - new to forum game - able to speculate new opinion and pushed on missing player,
NinjaStore - Strong enough player to stand up for opinion
navigatorv - brought up a no-elim possibility which seems to be counter to most people here, strong enough to push back with some sound reasoning against micc
JacksonVirgo - Joke vote to myself just because we knew each other most likely - started out slow last time i seen him and seems to be doign the same - no read at this point
Micc - Seems quick to throw out heat to someone hoping to build quick attention on someone, pushed for someone to play a certain way but failed to back up his own simple reasoning
humaneatingmonkey-dsjstr - just replaced into game - simple post and vote - not much to read yet but was quick to throw a vote out there.
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by navigatorv »

Those are definitely some great starting points for analysis orctin.
Going by general vibe, Micc definitely seems the most outwardly antagonistic. Not sure if that's a sign of him being Mafia or just an aggressive playstyle; both seem equally likely at this point. I'm very curious to see his reaction to being at E-1.
That said, while we do need to figure out who to eliminate today, this is a 2 Mafia game, so we do need to consider who might be a secondary guess after our primary choice. Not to say that we should focus all our efforts on that (chasing two hares and all that), but it's definitely something to keep in mind.
Another thing as well might be to change our thinking style. While we can definitely say that we're suspicious of several people, one thing we could consider is trying to figure out who's pro-Town. I will admit there is a potential flaw there in that it might help Mafia decide on a target so it might be best to keep quiet to ourselves about our thoughts on that front for the time being, I just thought it might help make analyzing easier.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:15 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 64, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: Micc

Teach us how to react to pressure, Micc.
I usually like to start by looking at the wagon and trying to understand why people are voting me. Is their case valid or is there some misunderstanding to be cleared up...are they campaigning for my elimination or just expressing their strongest read for the time being...are they arguing in good faith or just looking for a mid-elimination?

Navigatorv and Fizz Rabb seem to be pretty standard cases of Newbie sees aggressive wagoning and their instinct is to call it scum because scum’s goal is to make mis-eliminations. It’s a superficial level of thinking that basically everyone starts with. I’ve tried to explain how my aggressive wagoning can also be positive for Town, and I think they’ll understand with time.

Salsabil Faria could fall into the same category, but don’t have a great feel yet because her posting has been low substance.

You (HEM) presumably spent the 25 minutes between saying hi and voting me reading the game. You could have any number of motivations for the vote, but until you demonstrate a desire to see me eliminated today I’m going to take it as RVS.

Putting everything together, it doesn’t feel like a wagon with any real momentum and I’m satisfied with the extent I’ve justified my actions. My time tomorrow will be best spent working on making reads, but for now it’s well past bed time.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 65, orctin wrote: Salsabil Faria - seems knowledgeable on the game
Can you justify this one for me? I’m not seeing it at all.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 21, orctin wrote:No Elim depends where your from and played before, here they put a lot into the opening day trying to read everyone and making guesses based off what you say and whom you voted for - they like to have people make reads. I to am from other places where day 1 is typically a no elim - you can get into debates with others on the whole "well the odds are better..." thing
MS focuses more on day-play than night-play, at least more than my home-site (which has since died). Ignoring or half-assing day-play will make us lose, it's as simple as that.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:39 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 23, NinjaStore wrote:VOTE: orctin He's being suspiciously helpful...
From memory, they tend to be like that

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:39 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 24, Dum wrote:Hello! First time playing mafia (on this site) so if i mess up, im sorry in advance.

VOTE: navigatorv
Gotta learn somehow :D

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 34, Micc wrote:RE: no elimination
The majority of setups played on this site are balanced such that Town does not have enough power to sit on their hands and wait for PR’s to solve the game. We must make reads and eliminate starting Day 1. I can run through the numbers if any newbies want a detailed breakdown. The good news is this balance makes an interesting and fun game as opposed to just being a logic puzzle.
Couldn't have said it better myself,

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:44 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 38, orctin wrote:Seems pretty weak logic there.
No, I see where they are coming from, regardless of that I think it's wrong. Also early reads are mainly always "weak"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:46 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 51, Dum wrote:
In post 48, navigatorv wrote:What are you talking about? Didn't you vote for me?
Awkard moment incoming: i forgot to change my vote

sorry

VOTE: dsjstr
This tickles my soul a small bit and can't tell why

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2021 8:47 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 54, Salsabil Faria wrote:
+ town point to
navigatorv
for this post.
You don't have anythign else to post about other than those which is "backing up" your own vote in a sense?

wiki // GTKAS

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”