Mini 2308 | Blood over Utopia | Utopia fell.

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:17 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 47, RCEnigma wrote: Are those 4 the only categories there are gonna be?
i assume, but i didnt ask
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:18 am

Post by Merlyn »

But we can't bank money. So it's another 60k tomorrow. I think that fact that printing press is an option implies that in future days there will be assignments that cost more than 60k.

If on, say, day 3, an amazing assignment is available for 80k we will have to vote in printing press more than once and we won't be able to get amazing assignment till day 6 at the earliest. unless we keep up with printing press from the start we're really choosing to put any future high priced assignments out of our reach
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:19 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 46, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I agree, it seems to only delay getting access to better actions by a day

Let’s just gamble lol
You're assuming that all better assignments cost 70k. I bet they cost more than that
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:20 am

Post by RCEnigma »

If those are the only groups of actions we get then yeah I see your point. It’s the same as spending to get the scum number. It’s derivable.

We can’t do 2 developments but I like jury and maybe the extra invest actions.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:22 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 51, Merlyn wrote: But we can't bank money. So it's another 60k tomorrow. I think that fact that printing press is an option implies that in future days there will be assignments that cost more than 60k.

If on, say, day 3, an amazing assignment is available for 80k we will have to vote in printing press more than once and we won't be able to get amazing assignment till day 6 at the earliest. unless we keep up with printing press from the start we're really choosing to put any future high priced assignments out of our reach
I think you mean trading post.

We can’t bank but we can get up to 90k with trading post and a sacrifice.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:23 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Marci prob!town and I like Merlyn for town.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:24 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Yeah printing press doesn’t give us more $$$

I don’t like jury >_>
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:25 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Curated PT is more +Town than the extra vote.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:31 am

Post by marcistar »

i dont quite know what i think about merlyn yet.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:39 am

Post by Roden »

In post 46, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I agree, it seems to only delay getting access to better actions by a day

Let’s just gamble lol
If you really want to gamble, we should pick Raffle so we have a 50% chance of confirming random people as town every day.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:45 am

Post by JasonWazza »

So to be clear, the reason to get printing press, is we can actually determine what to do in a long term way via this, yes we lose 10k tomorrow, i think that is worth it overall.

Thing is we don't know the costs of later items, we don't know the cost of trading outpost 2.0, so investing in these might be a bust, and actually just assist Scum, as i think a few rules haven't really been noted by a few people.
In post 1, biancospino wrote: If no project is being undertaken at Night, the Insurgence is free to do its biddings and gain $60,000. If only one project is being undertaken, there will still be little enough traffic that the Insurgence can manage to gain $20,000.
Whatch out, money you spend may end up financing Them.
These 2 rules actually give us a lot of information on what the Insurgents can likely do.

First note, Insurgence gaining money is a key thing to note, odds are they get a %age of everything we spend, spending more might not be worth funding them, but also there is a risk of unspent money being just as bad.
Second note, the fact they can bid at night is interesting, as this is clearly giving them enough for an assassination, therefore they might not have a standard kill, given they have the ability to fund their own.

So the reason to get Printing press follows on that we want to know if there is anything worth potentially giving the scum more money and kills for, rather then to just potentially spend recklessly, because for all we know, none of the deep investigative options are worth it (especially since the one we have access to is 50k for a terrible ability.)
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:54 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 60, JasonWazza wrote: but also there is a risk of unspent money being just as bad.
I'll also add that this above thought is extremely tinfoily, and I don't think this is the case, I'm just pointing it out.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:57 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 54, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 51, Merlyn wrote: But we can't bank money. So it's another 60k tomorrow. I think that fact that printing press is an option implies that in future days there will be assignments that cost more than 60k.

I think you mean trading post.

We can’t bank but we can get up to 90k with trading post and a sacrifice.
yeah my bad, I was mixing the two up
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:59 am

Post by marcistar »

What do you suggest then? I'm not voting for printing press. I think we need to take two projects though and this is what I thought would be best.

Scum probably also needs to spend $ to unlock more actions like we do then right?

(ill be out now, gotta work!)
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:01 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 60, JasonWazza wrote: So to be clear, the reason to get printing press, is we can actually determine what to do in a long term way via this, yes we lose 10k tomorrow, i think that is worth it overall.

Thing is we don't know the costs of later items, we don't know the cost of trading outpost 2.0, so investing in these might be a bust, and actually just assist Scum, as i think a few rules haven't really been noted by a few people.
In post 1, biancospino wrote: If no project is being undertaken at Night, the Insurgence is free to do its biddings and gain $60,000. If only one project is being undertaken, there will still be little enough traffic that the Insurgence can manage to gain $20,000.
Whatch out, money you spend may end up financing Them.
These 2 rules actually give us a lot of information on what the Insurgents can likely do.

First note, Insurgence gaining money is a key thing to note, odds are they get a %age of everything we spend, spending more might not be worth funding them, but also there is a risk of unspent money being just as bad.
Second note, the fact they can bid at night is interesting, as this is clearly giving them enough for an assassination, therefore they might not have a standard kill, given they have the ability to fund their own.

So the reason to get Printing press follows on that we want to know if there is anything worth potentially giving the scum more money and kills for, rather then to just potentially spend recklessly, because for all we know, none of the deep investigative options are worth it (especially since the one we have access to is 50k for a terrible ability.)
I think it's worth noting that we don't know how much info printing press actually gives us. Assignment said it 'hints'.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:06 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 63, marcistar wrote: Scum probably also needs to spend $ to unlock more actions like we do then right?
No i think they have the same action list, but might not have access to sacrifice.

But this list actually give a scum team a decent chunk of power with things like this.
In post 7, biancospino wrote: Appointed Jury ($20,000)-- 3 targets Utopians get a PT during the next Day to decide for an extra shared vote to cast for execution.
Injunction ($30,000) -- the vote for execution of target Utopian will be worth only one-half tomorrow. This project can only be bought if there are at least 5 players.
For relatively cheap, the scum team can get the ability to hammer privately, or disable a strong players voting power, while also just being able to kill, otherwise why does this exist for town
In post 0, biancospino wrote: Election Security ($10,000) -- tomorrow, there will be no voting tricks (all vote weights will be one, secret extra votes won't count, etc.)

P-Edit: I think a hint is helpful to tell us if we care, if we aren't getting something like a cop, do you really want to fund a kill?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:07 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1, biancospino wrote: No project can be selected more than twice, or more than once in two consecutive Days. Development projects can't be selected more than once period, and no more than one Development project can be selected each Day.
@mod, does this mean more than twice in the whole game, or that we can select the same project twice in a day?
In post 1, biancospino wrote: Whatch out, money you spend may end up financing Them.
I'm gonna put out an alternative to the idea of percentages- some of these projects are direct funnels to the scum.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:11 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 66, Merlyn wrote:
In post 1, biancospino wrote: No project can be selected more than twice, or more than once in two consecutive Days. Development projects can't be selected more than once period, and no more than one Development project can be selected each Day.
@mod, does this mean more than twice in the whole game, or that we can select the same project twice in a day?
During the whole game.
Do also note that it's not possible for a single project to be undertaken more than once in a span of two Nights (so in particular not twice in the same Night)
Last edited by biancospino on Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:12 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 0, biancospino wrote: Raffle ($10,000) -- 50% chance that a random Citizen gets a fruit.
@Mod: Is the raffle decided publicly?
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:13 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 68, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 0, biancospino wrote: Raffle ($10,000) -- 50% chance that a random Citizen gets a fruit.
@Mod: Is the raffle decided publicly?
The lucky receipient of the fruit, if one exists, will be selected at random, and will not be announced publicly; the fruit is delivered privately
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:15 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Sounds like a $10,000 scam to me.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:22 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

I like trading outpost for the long run and I dont really see the point in any of the voting manipulation ones, unless scum has a secret double voter or something

HURT: Trading Outpost
master at being scum(my)
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:34 am

Post by Deal With The Devil »

VOTE: RCEnigma

You didn’t sneak any of those cats into the New World, right?

- Alianna
Hydra of Doctor Drew and Alianna.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:34 am

Post by PenguinPower »

<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:36 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 33, Merlyn wrote: I also support printing press, it's pretty clear later stuff is gonna cost more than the current budget and if we don't keep up increasing it it may be days before we can pick something really good.
then why not just up our income in anticipation of higher costs

VOTE: merlyn
HURT: trading outpost
HURT: Intelligentia
<(") | (")>

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”