kdowns (2)
- MagnaofIllusion, Lady Lambdadelta
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (1)
- Dekes

17 votes available, 9 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is October 5, ~ 7 pm PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:25 am

Post by SpyreX »

I didn't even notice those wagons GI.

That could be the sweetest candy depending.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:46 am

Post by dramonic »

Why hasn`t meransiel been lynched yet 0_o
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:57 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Because nothings happening and I want to hear more from like....everyone
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Hiraki »

why are we lynching a VI anyway?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok, I’m back in the country and finally have time to fully read and catchup.

--

So I see we are not lynching Kdowns today. If we actually end up with no Mass Roleblock tonight I’m going to laugh at you all … especially after reading 316.

So my
MUST EAT A BULLET OR TAKE ROPE LIST
made during the re-read – Dekes, Hiraki, Ant, Dramonic, Wrathchild

Why is there a Meran wagon? Granted I’ve never played with Scum Meran but this is the sort of stupid shit Town Meran ALWAYS does. And he always catches hell for it. All it took was for me to see jasonT’s Superhero Mafia and Amrum’s Large Normal to see that this is classic Town Meran.

@Grey
– you saw Meran first hand in Superhero Mafia. Sell me on Meran scum here because I’m having flashbacks to why I pushed him like all get out there.

UNVOTE: Kdowns
VOTE: Wrathchild

This is a good vote. More people should join me.

--

Hiraki wrote:We're not wasting kdowns today, and if it does work, then he's cleared.

How are more people not asking for his blood after crap like this?

--

Toasty wrote:It was support flavor that wasn't necessary. He also wanted to "get two speedlynches." Yeah, we can debate the meaning of sarcasm, but, quite frankly, sarcasm is truthful. It was also the scummiest thing said at the time.

Redacted stuff irrelevant to my thoughts

@MoI: Why question my reasons when Ant did voted for the exact same things?

Oh, so it wasn’t rolefishing you found scummy but pointless support flavor fishing. What exactly was the scum motivation you saw there? Do you think the scum have a Flavor claiming ability that punishes claims like that?

I’m questioning you because it’s helping me get my read on you. The ‘Why Me’ attitude is earning you bonus scum points.

--

Kdowns wrote:I honestly don't know if I will get NKed, I only offered to not use it the first night so the Cops can do there thing so we don't mislynch tomorrow.

So you expect that any Cop or informational role will get a result indicating Mafia / scum N1 guarenteed?

--

Wrath wrote:Take a minute and think about it. Is there any reason scum would be given a Miller role? I know for a fact that Sera has a Miller role because he described it exactly as mine.

Now let’s look at the other side of the coin … scum would also possibly, having seen a Miller claim, jump on and try to capitalize the strangeness of Seraph’s specific claim and ‘claim’ their own Miller-esque ability confirmed Seraphim. Great buddying tactic to Town (which I read Seraphim as currently) while setting up a “bad Guilty” result.

@Wrath
– why didn’t you claim ‘conditional’ miller immediately?

--

Maxous wrote:Were'nt you suspecting people earlier in the game for rolefishing?

Apart from that it has been a lot of theory discussion and null bickering.

I was going to give you a Town read for this but then looked and saw your vote was locked on Maru and you didn’t actually vote for Wrath when this is an very valid scum-move.

So back in the morass just hovering over scum for you.

--
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Again.

Kdowns may be scum.

Let's say he lives tonight and he's scum. Scum gets a kill, we lynch Kdowns tomorrow. Scum still dies.

If he is? Kdowns stops everything, including cop reports and etc., no one dies. Kdowns is then cleared.

There's more of an advantage to two then one.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:43 pm

In post 506, Hiraki wrote:Again.

Kdowns may be scum.

Let's say he lives tonight and he's scum. Scum gets a kill, we lynch Kdowns tomorrow. Scum still dies.

If he is? Kdowns stops everything, including cop reports and etc., no one dies. Kdowns is then cleared.

There's more of an advantage to two then one.

No, he's not cleared. If he's scum he didn't fucking fake-claim that role. So his confirming said 1-shot ability doesn't mean he's Town.

But please ... keep trying to make that argument. It helps me clarify my Hiraki is scum read.

Or die by Bullet or Rope. That works for me also.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Are you saying the mod would give scum, rather than town, a total roleblock?

Can you even fucking find a game where scum have that in terms to town? No, please don't check I don't want you to.

I want you to show me the ratio of it.

Why would scum want to block their own kill?

It's like totally detrimental to scum. Like totally.

It hurts my head how you of all people don't get this.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 505, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Why is there a Meran wagon? Granted I’ve never played with Scum Meran but this is the sort of stupid shit Town Meran ALWAYS does. And he always catches hell for it. All it took was for me to see jasonT’s Superhero Mafia and Amrum’s Large Normal to see that this is classic Town Meran.

@Grey
– you saw Meran first hand in Superhero Mafia. Sell me on Meran scum here because I’m having flashbacks to why I pushed him like all get out there.

'cause that Meran was having fun, being random, and acting silly.

This Meran is acting passive aggressive, jumping on wagons, and being bitter.

Wraith is an acceptable wagon, I'd enjoy it.

But I really like this one.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:11 pm

In post 508, Hiraki wrote:Can you even fucking find a game where scum have that in terms to town? No, please don't check I don't want you to.

I already pointed it out said game in thread with a link. Thanks for not reading.

The rest of your blather is pointless. Why would it be given to scum? Perhaps for Mod-WIFOM and balancing reasons. But nah, ignore those possibilities. Stick with your guns on this ...

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 508, Hiraki wrote:Are you saying the mod would give scum, rather than town, a total roleblock?

Can you even fucking find a game where scum have that in terms to town? No, please don't check I don't want you to.

Got it as scum in Snowbunny's game.

That being said that POS game shouldn't be used for anything.

Role never determines alignment nowadays, except mason.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Wrath wrote:Take a minute and think about it. Is there any reason scum would be given a Miller role? I know for a fact that Sera has a Miller role because he described it exactly as mine.

Now let’s look at the other side of the coin … scum would also possibly, having seen a Miller claim, jump on and try to capitalize the strangeness of Seraph’s specific claim and ‘claim’ their own Miller-esque ability confirmed Seraphim. Great buddying tactic to Town (which I read Seraphim as currently) while setting up a “bad Guilty” result.

@Wrath
– why didn’t you claim ‘conditional’ miller immediately?

--

I'm not a Miller at this point. There has not been a single opportunity for an investigation, so why does it matter if I claim post #1 or post #120 if it is still day one? I'm not a miller today and I won't be tomorrow and the following days who knows, it depends. If it weren't for trying to confirm Sera as town based on the miller wording that I too have in my Role PM, I don't even think it was necessary to claim Miller until I actually become a miller.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Kdub »

Seraphim has been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

@MoI: SpyreX's role-fishing thing included looking for unnecessary flavor, +plus trying to "get 2 speed lynches" under the guise of humor
So yeah, looking back I see the point that SpyreX was merely trying to come to an understanding with Seraphim's role, but why should that matter to him? What if there was more to Seraphim's role than just a miller? I personally feel that any information scum doesn't have, they shouldn't have.

As for the Ant thing, i don't think you can give scum points for that, given that, you know, calling out one person for something and ignoring another for the same thing is somewhat contradictory.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I DIDNT ASK FOR ROLE INFORMATION I ASKED FOR FLAVOR INFORMATION CHUCKLEHEAD.

Dekes, Hiraki, Ant, Dramonic, Wrathchild

I still can't pin down the Drapathy town but its there.
Dekes is REAL bad for his weird Toasy + MoI = BFF business.
The others can go into the pit.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by Maxous »

Maxous wrote:Were'nt you suspecting people earlier in the game for rolefishing?
Apart from that it has been a lot of theory discussion and null bickering.

I was going to give you a Town read for this but then looked and saw your vote was locked on Maru and you didn’t actually vote for Wrath when this is an very valid scum-move.
So back in the morass just hovering over scum for you.
--

1) My comment was directed towards Ant - TTM
2) No, this is not a vaild scum move by WC. Why would I vote him in any shape or form?

Impression also received you did'nt read why I was voting Maruchan.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:39 am

Post by AGar »

In post 508, Hiraki wrote:Are you saying the mod would give scum, rather than town, a total roleblock?

No, it really isn't. They trade their nightkill for a night without cop investigations, vig shots, sk shots, doctor protects, watches, tracks, roleblocks, jailkeeps etc etc.

Good tradeoff.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:51 am

Post by Seraphim »

Answering prod. More later.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 517, AGar wrote:
No, it really isn't. They trade their nightkill for a night without cop investigations, vig shots, sk shots, doctor protects, watches, tracks, roleblocks, jailkeeps etc etc.
Good tradeoff.

In general increasing the amount of day-phases is to the town's advantage and generally in balanced set-up's the mafia will have the advantage during the night phase.

But we can discuss all this further during the Day 2 period.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 am

Post by WrathChild »

Since this game is the slowest Mafiascum, I have yet to play in and I know Agar hates it when I post my opinions on people, I'm going to do a quick ISO read on everyone and let my verbal diarrehea flow onto the board.

Agar:
Seems keen on leaving the players he views as strong alive and pushing lynches on the ones he views as VIs. He is looking mostly at lack of effort in players as a scum tell. I see no reason to believe he is scum at this point. Most of his exchanges have included some original thought. Even though he was a bit of a chump of the whole Scott PbP thing, overall I read Agar as town.

Ant:
Called Spy a rolefisher (so did I) but at that point nothing else much had happened. Looking back at it, after Spy responded, it was really not a fish of note. In ISO #3 he calls out Ray for changing his read on Spyrex with no Spyrex posts between his change of heart, but then votes Meran (the first vote). However, he calls my claim fishy and asks what the trigger is. Ant was very quick to call Spy a Rolefisher, even on a flavor inquiry, but he asks my specific trigger. That is a pretty heavy contridiction. I also don't like how he says I could be playing dumb, on the fake claim abilities thing. It makes my scum-senses tingle, and usually my scum-senses are pretty good, I just haven't learned how to articulate them in the best way yet. I still am not convinced that Mods hand out fake-abilities in their fake-claims very frequently here considering the little research I've done agrees with that. I'm leaning null-scum on Ant. There were some things I read as genuinely town and other that seemed suspicious.

Dekes
: Has done nearly nothing, at least his ISO #2 gives some reads. I can't really do anything but put him at Null for now.

Dramonic
: His ISO is a complete Wastoid. I'm suspicious of him because of my FF7-Slip theory, which really makes me suspicious of him when combined with how shitty his ISO and effort in this game are. I really need to go read other Dramonic games, but for now I'm sticking with Scum on Dramonic.

GI:
Obviously GI has a hard-on to lynch me and I'm not quite sure why. I played with him on my third party team last game and he is playing much the same. He's very aggressive and I have a feeling he plays this way as town or scum. I don't like how he spouts off scum and town reads like they are the word of Mod. So when reading him I tried to filter out his flamboentness (spelling?) and look for his actual constructive comments and they're there. Like I said, GI could be deadly as town or scum, but for now I'm leaning town on him.

Hiraki:
Wow, I had suspicions of Hiraki because of my FF7-Slip theory, but after reading his 30 post ISO, they are all RVS material with the exception of the last two or so. He also breadcrumbs Joker from Batman early on (ISO #2). His only three content posts (ISO #25, where he says Kdowns is town if he uses his mass-roleblock tonight, which he reiterates in ISO #28 and #29) all revolve around clearing Kdowns. I don't know his Meta, but removed from all meta arguments Hiraki is definately scum IMO.
UNVOTE

TBC...
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Hiraki »

I always act like the Joker.

It's fun.

But your point is invalid because kdowns is the hottest topic in this lulful game. I believe you read how disintegrating I said most of the game was, no?

@Everyone else: No.

You can call me obnoxious for a short answer. But this is basically a strawmanning argument toward something that's really not good. Kdowns is a noob. Let's get that straight. If you want a good "role=/=alignment" argument, look at his other games. He's actually pretty tricky as scum in most games. Here? Everyone is pinning him down.

Could I be wrong? Yeah. Am I?

never

Now, onto role. A nightkill always benefits scum. For instance, they might not be caught on the night of the roleblock, but they can just as easily shoot an investigative role. Are the odds much lower? Sure, they're meant to be. Is there a chance? Yes.

Basically, you all are making fairly good points, but there's a lean, for me, that there's more of a town factor than a scum factor toward the all-roleblock.

Now, I will admit, that I had not previously known about the multitude of scum everything blockers. This is the only flaw in my thinking. Is that really worth a lynch?

Not now.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Hiraki wrote:I always act like the Joker.

Uh since when?

WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:29 am

Post by WrathChild »

Kdowns:
We've gone into it at lengths that we are not lynching Kdowns today, but his ISO reads like a guy dodging death at evry corner. Several of his early ISO #s seem like Kdowns knows Maru is a mislynch. ISO #2, he says "potential msilynch" which is very close to "sure mislynch but I'm just covering my ass". ISO #4, he votes Maru because his "self-destruction is imminent". It's not a vote-worthy thing. If scum is going to self-destruct why vote them until they actually Sefl-D? If he's town why vote him at all? In ISO #7 he says he voted Maru because he's hard to read, but when he voted Maru he said it was because he thought he'd self-destruct. The Genie claim was at L-3 and a bit premature. The way he justified it as saying "You know what side he's (Genie) on" also reeked of mod-supplied fake-claim (we also know that Jaffar becomes and evil genie and the good genie would be a very logical mod-supplied fake claim) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY_ebpdn41I). Later (ISO #18) he says his two scum reads are Maru and Sera (who I strongly believe is town). But earlier he said he was just trying to lynch Maru because he's hard to read, not scummy, and before that it was because Maru would self-destruct. ISO #22 (and #23) are scumzor to the max. His reasoning for not wanting to use his mass role-block was so we can base our Day 2 lynch off cop-results. What kind of dumb cop would claim his results Day2 unless absolutely necessary? Let's ask the cop to out themselves Day 2 so we can have a small percent chance of being spoon fed a SINGLE SCUM. Then take into count the concerns with cop sanity and it sounds even worse. Like it has been universally decided, we leave Kdowns alone today, but if anything but a mass-block happens tonight, he should see major scrutiny.

Lady:
Unfortunately Maru dug Lady a pretty deep hole. See Maru's comments.

MoI
: Buckled down pretty hard on Kdowns at first (+Town). Even though he is voting me for very unclear reasons, most of his other reads look sincere and he puts forth good effort into his analysis... with one exception. I played with MoI as scum in my 2nd game and he was very obvious scum IMO and I can't believe it took town so long to lynch him. Gets down hard on Hiraki for trying to clear Kdowns. I like his reads and his style. Most signs point to town on MoI.

Maru:
First to post (scumtell I've been guilty of before), his ISO reads Gibber Jabber Gibber Jabber HOLY CRAP OVER-REACTION Gibber Jabber Over-REaction Rage-Quit. ISO #29: "Start looking for
OTHER SCUM
" to Sera. Slip? Absent from any Meta, this is a scum-ISO. It will be interesting to see what LLD comes up with to cover up for this.

Maxous:
Honestly, I didn't even notice Maxous was in this game until I was accused of being scum-buddies with him. However, Max's ISO looks pretty clean to me. His comments seem, straight forward, insightful and sincere.
*Prepares for mindless Maxous + WC sitting in a tree comments*

Meran
: Seems pretty content lite, has a weird vote and back down on Scott, has a terrible trap that Ray springs (supposedly), but mostly seems to be a weaker player and not terribly scummy, so I'm gonna go against the grain here and say probably town.

RayFrost:
His first interaction with Agar makes me question my read on Agar a bit. The "Late to the Party" comment with his RVS makes me a bit suspicious (PS I find the first RVS from scum is most often placed on scum, but that is neither here nor there at this point). I see an over-extention of RVS, easy wagon votes, provides baseless reads, switches his stances on Spyrex with no posts from spyrex, constantly dropping lines at/about Agar. Really tries to argue me out of wanting to believe Sera is confirmed town. Claims some sort of suicidal role. All in all I was a bit surprised how much Agar came up in this ISO. I'm gonna say null to scum here, I think there are better lynches today.

Scott:
Not much has changed since I ISOed him earlier. I was not impressed with his response to my accusations and now he has V/LAed. Null to Scum.

Sera
: Sera is another one of those players who plays aggressively, making it hard to determine if they are scum or just jerks. Fortunately, I know Sera is town (95% accuracy) and I will be shocked if I'm wrong. The wording of his claim fits perfectly to mine and at this point we have plenty of other valid lynch targets. I'm not saying that Sera can not be scum, but at this point in the game based on the evidence I possess, Sera is NOT going to be anyone I consider lynching for a moment.

Spyrex:
For some reason Spyrex feels intimidating, but looking through his ISO, his posts aren't the most aggressive of the groups and he seems to have pretty good insights. For some reason I feel like there is this unsaid Spyrex/GI/MoI alliance, but I don't read it as a scum-group. I'm reading Null to Town on Spyrex. Honestly, I was expecting to see a bit more from him.

Toasty:
Really jumps on the Spyrex "Fish" on Sera, I was a bit suspicious of him for mis-repping me about my Maru vote, but his response was pretty civil and since then he seems to have contributed sufficiently, not huge amounts, but enough. I'm gonna say Null-Town on TT.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:34 am

Post by WrathChild »

After all of my ISO's Hiraki was easily the scummiest.

VOTE: Hiarki

PS
HOLY CRAP!!! After all that TWO POSTS!!!! THAT'S IT!!!! THIS IS THE DEADEST GAME I'VE PLAYED ON THIS SITE AND IT SHOULDN'T BE. WTF!?

PSS
I think this is no fault of the Mod because I think Kdub is doing a great job. We have scum in our lurkers.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”