Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:55 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote peacebringer
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:22 pm

Post by Quailman »

Vote: PeaceBringer
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:47 am

wow dat was a fast day ^^

deathscene please?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:21 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Dragonmaster sits in his lair. He knows he made a mistake and must leave and change identity. He transforms into peacebringer. Peacebringer enters the fray but unfortunately at a critical moment he missed that one important vote cast and gets his boss killed.

He thinks damn, we still have a shot though. He confirms with TSS and they choose to Kill MMCL, last member of team rocket.

Before they know it things snowball, the last mob collected bonus and eliminate all remaining suspects except Peacebringer. Peacebringer doesn't put up much of a fight, cause after all what can he do. Peacebringer proceeds to transform before there eyes many times and disappears. Peacebringer was no more and the last member of the Dragon mafia.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:06 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Well, w00t! :D
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:22 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

2 mistakes on my part-

cast the 4th vote on Blue sin when I thought I was casting #3, I missed pooky's vote.

and then agreeing with TSS on taking out MMCL-ends up that was the wrong kill move but I didn't think it through since I was a replacement and went with TSS judgement. The lack of the other suspect and other kill did us in for sure, especially with all the investigative and protection roles. I vote Jadesmar or don't vote whole other ball game. So I take full responsibilty for screwing things up for the fine work bluesin and tss had done.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:10 am

Post by Quailman »

I'm glad to have been on the winning side. This was my first replacement game. I've never had to be replaced, but I know that so many others had stepped in that I figured it was my turn. My role that got a result for either of my two selections, and I didn't know which one. Unless the other one got killed, I could never be sure, so as a replacement with a seemingly worthless investigative role, I felt like a sheep all the way.

Of course, it did save my butt when I had to claim to avoid getting lynched.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:48 am

Post by Mgm »

BTW, who killed me night 1?
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:05 pm

And Host, in the night, I use the superbonus I get from lynching the last mafia member to kill the rest of the town.
and also I roleblock Jadesmar and FD with my 2 bonus roleblocks.
Game Over:

MOB Victory!!!

^^ Who would've thought the sacred Masonic Order dedicated to protecting the town was the one that hired the mafia groups to help them harvest the bonuses of the town? Now we have all the bonuses in the town MWAHAHAHAHHAA!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:06 pm

Well I guess the MOB acronym could've given you guys a hint ;)
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:16 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

umm say what?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:53 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

and then agreeing with TSS on taking out MMCL-ends up that was the wrong kill move but I didn't think it through since I was a replacement and went with TSS judgement.
Hey, I stand by that decision. He signed his own death warrant when he sent me that message, which said he had two bonuses with the death of the other MOBsters. At first I did assume it was genuine, but later I realized it was as likely or more to be a forgery sent by the last Rocketeer. Either way, it was important that we kill him off. Besides, his death scene said his bonuses were close to helping him win the game in a day or so, and if we had tried Pooky (who did have bonuses), wasn't she using an immunity bonus that night anyway?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:05 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

pooky wouldn't have been the kill either so who knows, just wish we hadn't killed mmcl.
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:01 pm

Post by korais666 »

That is, indeed, the game. Pooky is being weird.

I'll post a full list of the roles and bonuses soon (tomorrow or the day after). I'd love to hear some feedback though.
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:12 am

Post by MMCL »

Great game....

I can't believe I lasted so long. TSS you were my next target after Nanook. I had recieved a bonus from one of my kills that told me which people to kill to get free nightly protection. I was working my way through them one-by-one, and was going to choose to kill them alternately with the remainder of the dragon kissers... Assuming I wasn't killed by you guys, I figured I could survive my way through to the end.

A double kill bonus early on and a 'brother in the mafia' trick worked for a while; it created enough confusion that allowed me to escape for a while. People had doubts but it seemed that there were scummier people than I. If only I hadn't been killed!

All in all - great game :)

Well played all!
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:42 am

Post by jadesmar »

Townies don't ask for police investigations. People who talk about police investigations are police, mafia and godfathers.

Please post the full list of bonuses and roles.
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:32 am

Post by korais666 »

Sorry about the delay, here's the roles and bonuses.

ROLES
with the final person who had that role (after replacements):

Bluesin
: You are the godfather of Mafia A. You are the leader of your team which includes peacebringer and The Silent Speaker. You are immune to night investigations; choices I receive from you will override those of your teammates, yadda yadda. You know the drill. You win if the other mafia is dead and your mafia comprises at least half the town. Along with the night 1 choice, send me a witty name for your mafia group and your group’s weapon of choice. Try to be creative and silly with it.

Peacebringer
: You are a member of mafia A. Your fellow goon is The Silent Speaker and your godfather is bluesin. You win if the other mafia is dead and your mafia comprises at least half the town. Along with a night kill choice, you need to come up with a team name and weapon of choice. Try to be creative and silly with it.

The Silent Speaker
: You are a member of mafia A. Your fellow goon is peacebringer and your godfather is bluesin. You win if the other mafia is dead and your mafia comprises at least half the town. Along with a night kill choice, you need to come up with a team name and weapon of choice. Try to be creative and silly with it.

Fuldu
: You are the godfather of Mafia B. You are the leader of your team which includes MGM and MMCL. You are immune to night investigations; choices I receive from you will override those of your teammates, yadda yadda. You know the drill. You win if the other mafia is dead and your mafia comprises at least half the town. Along with the night 1 choice, send me a witty name for your mafia group and your group’s weapon of choice. Try to be creative and silly with it.

MGM
: You are a member of mafia B. Your fellow goon is MMCL and your godfather is Thoth. You win if the other mafia is dead and your mafia comprises at least half the town. Along with a night kill choice, you need to come up with a team name and weapon of choice. Try to be creative and silly with it.

MMCL
: You are a member of mafia B. Your fellow goon is MGM and your godfather is Thoth. You win if the other mafia is dead and your mafia comprises at least half the town. Along with a night kill choice, you need to come up with a team name and weapon of choice. Try to be creative and silly with it.

Zoneace, Mlaker, and Pookythemagicalbear
: You are a member of the Masonic Order of the Bonus (MOB, ironically). Each night you may investigate a person to check for mason-ness. If that person is a mason, all three masons will join together. If one is killed before this happens, the other two will join together automatically. Once you have joined, you may use any bonus powers the town has attained through lynching. You may not use powers until you’ve joined together. You may use multiple powers per night.

Jadesmar
: You are a clumsy doc. Each night you will choose someone to protect. If they are not targeted, nothing happens, but if they are, there is a chance you might not save them. Again, nothing will happen if you choose the wrong person. If they ain’t broke, why use magical doc powers on ‘em, I always say.

[Not in PM]
actual odds:
There is a 33% chance that they will heal fine
There is a 33% chance that they will heal, but a slight mistake will slow the healing process, preventing them from voting the next day.
There is a 33% chance that a large mistake will keep them alive but in bed (unable to vote) for a while, but they will slowly deteriorate and die the next day.
[/not in PM]

Cubsfan4life
: you are Half doc A. You may make a protection each night, but you will only protect people from one type of weapon. Namely, the type of weapon used by mafia A (mafia are naming themselves, so you’ll find out which one is “A” after night 1. It shouldn’t affect your initial decision, though.) You may not target yourself.

Mikehart
: you are Half Doc B. You may make a protection each night, but you will only protect people from one type of weapon. Namely, the type of weapon used by mafia B (mafia are naming themselves, so you’ll find out which one is “B” after night 1. It shouldn’t affect your initial decision, though.) You may not target yourself.

Cubsfan4life
: you are the disorganized cop. You do stakeouts each night, but you always seem to get there a *little* late. If the person is at home, you’ll get to see what they’re doing, but if they leave (most night roles involve leaving the house) you’ll only notice a few things before they’re out of sight.

Quailman II
: You are the bits and pieces cop: Each night you investigate 2 people, but will only get the results back for one of them. The problem is that you don’t know which one it is. You’re going to have to use deductive reasoning skills and such to figure out whose role you received.

Nanookthewolf
: You are the bonus Cop: You investigate one person each night and find out what their bonus is. You may target yourself.

Flying Dutchman
: You are the Jack-of-all-bonuses. During the course of the game, you may use each of the following:

1 night protection
1 role investigation
1 bonus investigation (find out what a target’s bonus is)
1 message in a bottle (send an anonymous message through me to anyone. You may choose to sign your name if you want, but by default it will be an anonymous message)

These are each one-shot abilities. You may only use one each night at most.

Quailman
: You are the replacement. You will (at random) replace one of the roles that die night 1, and take on all of its characteristics, starting night 2. You win with the group that you are assigned to on night 2. You are a townie until then.

Werebear
: You are the spirit guard. You may choose to commit suicide on a given night, and on that night, a random role that was going to be killed will not die. However, you are a townie otherwise.

Choose a night wisely though, because you might take a shot for the mafia. It’s risky, but can be worth it, depending on how good of a player you think you are (if you think you can contribute more while alive than a doc or cop or other pro-town role can)

Willows_Weep
: You are the bodyguard. Each night you must pick a name. If that person is attacked during the night, you will take the bullet for him/her. Since you are a townie otherwise, your death will be less harmful to the town than most roles. However, remember to be careful because you might take a bullet for the mafia.

If both mafias choose the person you target, you will take both bullets.

It would seem like a double edged sword, and it is, but that doesn’t mean you really have a say in it. You must pick a name every night, or else I will pick one at random for you.

Tigris
: You are the kamikaze! (*applause*) This is my favorite role I’ve created. If you are killed at night, you will die just like anyone else, but if you are lynched, you will suicide bomb and kill a random person who had voted for you that day. Your goal is to be lynched before the end of the game. It won’t end the game, but you will be on the list of winners.

Something to be wary of: there was a similar kamikaze role (played by JereIC) in my Alphabet Mafia game. About half people who are in this game were also in Alphabet Mafia. Take that into account when you decide to be blatantly evil.

BONUSES

Standard doc protection:
Bluesin, Nanookthewolf, Flying Dutchman

Standard cop investigation:
Fuldu, Cubsfan4life, Tigris

Bonus Discovery A (find out bonuses of everyone in your group):
The Silent Speaker

Bonus Discovery B (find out what 2 people's bonuses are, NOT from your group):
Peacebringer

Bonus Discovery C (choose a bonus, find out who has that bonus):
Werebear

Bonus Blocker (removes bonus from a person of your choice, including a member of your own group:
Jadesmar, Quailman, Willows_Weep

Message in a bottle (send an anonymous message through me to anyone, anonymous unless you sign your name to it):
MGM, Zoneace

super-bonus keys (if you get a top and a bottom, you get to choose from the super bonus list*): Top half:
pookythemagicalbear, quailman.
Bottom half:
Mlaker, Mikehart

BONUSNAZI! (no bonus for you!):
MMCL, Chaotic_diablo

*super-bonus list:
1. An extra night kill
2. An extra life for one member of your group
3. general list of roles alive but not who has them ("2 cops, 1 doc, 2 masons, 2 mafia," etc.)

If you have any questions or comments or things you would have done differently or the same had you been the mod, post 'em here.

Also, important question: Was this game any fun? It's the second game 20-person themed game I've modded on 'scum, and the second in which a bunch of people suddenly upped and left. This time I figure it had something to do with school starting, but it's still unnerving when a lot of people leave both your games.

The point I'm trying to make is: Did everyone leave because my modding skills are deplorable, or because of a massive coincidence?

Thanks for playing!
-Korais

editted for easier-to-read-ness
editted again to fix bold tags
Last edited by korais666 on Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Me, 2/25/08
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:41 am

so like how'd the mafia get an extra nightkill when they jumped the spirit guard?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:46 am

Post by willows_weep »

No way.
This game was pretty darn cool and interesting to boot!
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:23 pm

Post by korais666 »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:so like how'd the mafia get an extra nightkill when they jumped the spirit guard?
Team Rocket killed Quailman night 1 and mlaker night 2, thus completing a super-bonus key. MMCL (the rest of his team was dead by then) chose to get an extra night kill from the super-bonus list. Night 3 MMCL chose to kill Werebear and Zoneace. It had nothing to do with Werebear being the spirit guard.
-Me, 2/25/08
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:34 pm

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Korais, it rocked, although we should've seen through the Kamikaze *slaps self*
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:22 pm

Post by Mgm »

The game was indeed interesting, and there's nothing wrong with your mod capabilities. I just wish I lived longer after working so hard on the team name and weapon. :)
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”