Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2013 11:15 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 513, inspiratieloos wrote:
In post 511, Xdaamno wrote:town!Erik would try harder than this - but still, it is true.
You'll still get lynched tomorrow, so it's all good.
See, this, too. If CES was still alive, then Dan would probably be getting lynched
today
and not tomorrow. So from your viewpoint, why is this good?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 12:36 am

Post by Fenchurch »

AV, at the start of the day, you immediately voted inspi, before we'd even had the claims. Why was this, and why were you so convinced one of them had to be scum, that it wasn't a really big town screw-up?
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 2:08 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 524, Fenchurch wrote:What makes you say this? Surely the same assumption could apply to you? If anything, I would have expected you to protect CES and Dan to target someone else and try and take the bullet.
There's a difference between a bodyguard and a jailkeeper/Doctor. If town!Dan had targeted someone else and been correct, then what? He'd have died, couldn't have shared his findings and we might still lynch the person he protected. The only thing for him to do was protecting CES.
OTOH if I protect someone else and am correct we'd have a no-kill and probably a confirmed townie depending on whether CDB used his commute (and since I was jailing CDB anyway we'd have a conf town regardless).

Anyone else as scum could have directed the lynches to Dan and me today and tomorrow (really, the only thing they'd have to do was steer it away from Nexus) and then NK'd CES. With that in mind I jailed the person I would kill as scum, which as I said earlier was more or less at random between you and CDB.

Which leads back to points 1 and 2 from my reasoning, the only way CES would die was if Dan was scum and confirmed himself as such.
Fenchurch wrote:
In post 513, inspiratieloos wrote:
In post 511, Xdaamno wrote:town!Erik would try harder than this - but still, it is true.
You'll still get lynched tomorrow, so it's all good.
See, this, too. If CES was still alive, then Dan would probably be getting lynched
today
and not tomorrow. So from your viewpoint, why is this good?
Of course lynching Dan now would be better, but at the point I made that post it just wasn't going to happen, at least my lynch guarantees that we catch scum tomorrow.
Fenchurch wrote:Also, if Dan is confirmed scum to you now, why aren't you looking for the buddy?
In post 508, inspiratieloos wrote:I've been looking though Dan's ISO and the thing that jumps out most is that he kept going back to mentioning suspicion of AV throughout D1, even after everyone decided that 'yes, he's probably scum, but we're not going to lynch him till LYLO'. That might be scum trying to set up a mislynch, but it also works really well for safe bussing. The only moment where AV is going to get lynched before Dan is if they're already at 5P LYLO, which means Dan would then be in 3P LYLO after having led the wagon on his partner.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 2:27 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 527, inspiratieloos wrote:If town!Dan had targeted someone else and been correct, then what? He'd have died, couldn't have shared his findings and we might still lynch the person he protected.
The benefit of town-Dan successfully bodyguarding would be that the mafia kill gets switched from someone who was probably obv-town (or even conf-town), to someone who was gonna get lynched. It basically buys us a free lynch.

Still thinking on the rest.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 4:29 am

Post by AurorusVox »

@Fen, CES died so one of Dan/Inspie is obviously scum. I have been suspicious of Inspie since yesterday and was always going to prefer to lynch him before Dan. If there had been some massive town cock-up then it would have been clear from Dan/Inspie's posts, and I could always unvote later.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 11:42 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

In post 526, Fenchurch wrote:Why was this, and why were you so convinced one of them had to be scum, that it wasn't a really big town screw-up?
This is a reasonably good scum tell on AV, actually, I think.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Up to page 14 yesterday, then I got drawn into skype mafia.

Sorry, I'm about to go out now, and am going to be busy most of the weekend I think. I will try and finish up once I get a chance.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 12:41 am

Post by AurorusVox »

How is that a scumtell in any way, shape or form?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:51 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

inspiratieloos (3) -- AurorusVox, Xdaamno, ChannelDelibird
Xdaamno (1) -- inspiratieloos

Not voting: Fenchurch, Primate, Nexus
7 alive, 4 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 4:58 am

Post by Primate »

I do think it's pretty negligent of you to vote one over the other before the information comes out.

I'm planning to have a proper reread tonight, once we know who the scum is, then give it to fenchurch tomorrow in case I die (though I don't particularly think I will).
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 5:25 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Really, primate? Despite the fact I've been calling inspie scum since yesterday and CES death implicating one of him or dan as scum. And if it was a town screwup it would become apparent when they claimed. We're not in LYLO today so what did it matter.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

In post 532, AurorusVox wrote:How is that a scumtell in any way, shape or form?
Scum will know of the showdown between me and Erik, because they planned it - I'm not saying it's an implausible thing to do as town, of course.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Well it was pretty obvious that one of you was scum, given that the confirmed town player died, and we had explicitly talked about the possibilities of you being framed by Erik blocking you yesterday.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 336, AurorusVox wrote:or more devilishly with scumInspie that wants to NK max (using his Jail to frame Dan).
In post 339, AurorusVox wrote:It makes sense with Inspie scum as well, since he can use a Max NK to frame xD.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 5:40 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Unless anyone still deliberating over me vs Erik, you might as well go ahead and vote - better to have these pairing discussions after we've had a flip.
Cracking Idea Mafia
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 5:42 am

Post by AurorusVox »

I agree. Someone hammer plz.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Nexus »

vote inspie
Trans rights are human rights.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Why, Nexus?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Fenchurch »

I'd said I was still reading. I was actually in the middle of writing a post. You haven't seemed especially involved in the game, and have offered us almost nothing today on which to judge your alignment. Why do you think it was right to lay down the hammer, without offering even a sentence of explanation?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Nexus »

Because two players consecutively asked for it.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:46 am

Post by Nexus »

Sorry
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:52 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Okay. Well it wasn't a good move, in my opinion, when you could have given us so much more than just that. Here's the post I was in the middle of writing. It still stands.

I haven't finished re-reading, and whilst I do think it's worthwhile, it's true that it'll probably be of more value once we have a flip one way or the other. What I've read so far hasn't changed my opinions from the start of the Day.

The way I see it, if CES hadn't been killed, we'd almost certainly be lynching Dan today, probably AV tomorrow, and then maybe Nexus or inspi (assuming the game wasn't already over).

Therefore if scum aren't in that group of players, I just can't see why they would bother to kill CES, because they would have a good shot at winning with him still alive. At the very least they could wait until the protective roles were dead, to prevent the risk of missing or misfiring.

And killing CES carried risk for both Dan and inspi as scum. Dan because he can't guarantee the kill goes through (except if he is scum with inspi), and whilst missing just one kill might not be too damaging to the scum-team, there are two roles in the game that can cause them to lose a kill, so if the plan goes wrong they could effectively give the town an extra Day. It's still possible that a Dan-?? scumteam would take this risk; either way I see it as more likely that they would do so if the partner is among the players I've listed above.

For inspi, it seems odd because (unless he is scum with Dan), in doing this he has brought his own lynch forward by several days (by my estimation). And if inspi is scum with anyone besides the players I mentioned above, he may have been able to win fairly easily without killing CES.

To me, if inspi flips scum here, the most likely partner is Dan. CES spent the whole of yesterday trying to get us to lynch Dan and I'm not about to disregard that. A scumteam of Dan-inspi had the most to gain and the least to lose from killing CES. I said just now that it would surely make sense for most scum-teams to wait until the protective roles are lynched before killing CES; that's never gonna work if the protective roles ARE the scum. It was likely that they would both be lynched before the game was over.

AVox is my second pick for scum-partner with either inspi or Dan. I don't think the WIFOM of him trying to draw the investigation is worth enough to discount him. So many people were trying to get him lynched that a guilty investigation wouldn't have made him that much worse off; and I can also believe that he might make that kind of bluff as scum, in the hope that Max would respond as he did.

Nexus would be my third pick, but to be honest I found his total lack of comprehension in #521 came across as real, not fake; and I think he would have more awareness if he was scum.

That brings you mostly up-to-date with my thoughts from the mason topic. I'll post anything extra if I think of it, and/or once we have the flip.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:55 am

Post by AurorusVox »

I -really- wish Max had investigated me. That's why I was pushing for it to not be randomized.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 7:56 am

Post by AurorusVox »

But yeah, I can a see Dan/Inspie scum team; maybe they're hoping the "confirmed one scum" allows the other to fade into the background as town due to role~
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 8:13 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

inspiratieloos (4) -- AurorusVox, Xdaamno, ChannelDelibird, Nexus
Xdaamno (1) -- inspiratieloos

Not voting: Fenchurch, Primate
7 alive, 4 to lynch.

-------------------------

inspiratieloos - Flawed Jailer - Werewolf - lynched day 2

With that, night 2 arrives, with a 48 hour deadline. Sleep well.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”