Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:00 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

vikingfan (2): olio, Maximumum
olio (2): CoolBot, vikingfan
Assasin (1): Myopia

Not Voting: Assasin, big_kahunia, Uraj45, Dranko20, Quailman, MMCL, Otaku376, Quagmire
Success breeds suspicion
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:47 am

Post by Maximumum »

Is there ever a role in which the player who kills a cop gets the cop's investigations? Is that ever one of the perks of a godfather? Sorry for the questions, I'm just curious. I still think olio is on the level, but that could be another explanation.

A mafia investigator would get his own investigations, wouldn't he? Not someone else's. If Olio is mafia and he got the investigation on me before I used my power it would stand to reason that he would have wanted to take me out before I could play my drum. There were no kills the night I played so it turned out to be somewhat powerful.
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:07 am

Post by Quailman »

He could be a mafia spy who has his own investigations. Often he's not part of them until they recruit him, so they wouldn't have known to take you out.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:53 am

Post by Myopia »

Alternatively he may simply not have realised you were a threat. Master drummer sounds pretty innocuous to me.

In any event I simply cant rationalise olio's result on vikingsfan. I know Im telling the truth so i will

vote olio

and if thats right Ill take my hat off for mmcl for his scum finding this game
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:54 am

Post by Myopia »

oops
unvote assassin vote olio
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:33 am

Post by MMCL »

Vote: Olio
He's a townie now or he's lying... either way.... we need to move on.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:36 am

Post by Quailman »

What is this, the third time I've voted for him today?
vote: olio
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:02 am

Post by Yaw »

Quagmire's asked to be replaced, so I'm currently working on that. In the meantime, may as well update.

Vote Count:

olio (5): CoolBot, vikingfan, Myopia, MMCL, Quailman

Not Voting: Assasin, big_kahunia, Uraj45, Dranko20, Otaku376, Quagmire
Success breeds suspicion
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:56 am

Post by Maximumum »

I don't understand....how will lynching olio help our situation?

It has already been confirmed that two of the three investigations olio revealed in his claim are accurate. The only question seems to be how he got those investigations.
So, now the theory is that he is a mafia investigator who gave two accurate investigations in his claim
just to get the orange-selling townie lynched
? Frankly, that doesn't make sense.

Also, lynching olio will do nothing to establish the validity of Myopia's claim. I know people seem to be content with believing Myopia but I'm still very skeptical. We have absolutely no proof that he is actually an insane cop. The mathcam lynch could have just been him sacrificing a member of his mafia to help confirm his made up role. Remember, he didn't WANT us to lynch mathcam. If he is indeed making his whole role up then by lynching olio we STILL won't know about it. You seem fine with the possiblity giving up a townie in lynching olio....wouldn't it make more sense to lynch the townie that will establish the roles of TWO players?
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:14 pm

Post by Myopia »

You make some valid points.

In response:

- If Olio is scum he didnt reveal himself and his investigations just to lynch vikingsfan. As you will recall the context of the claim was him looking the wrong way down a very large bandwagon which was based around the fact that he was pushing for a vikingsfan lynch which he couldnt justify without the claim. I dont think it was a matter of getting vikingsfan lynched more trying desperately to stave off his own lynch today.

- To be fair if Olio is scum I cant really rationalise why he went so hard for vikinsfan. And of course his claim only buys him an extra day if its wrong. For me this puts me at about a 80% certainty he is scum rather than 95%.

- Assuming i had a masterplan to lynch mathcam to ingratiate myself with the town (as you suggest) you have to admit I went about it a very strange way. Remember that I (mistakenly) wanted to lynch quagmire. If the town had of gone along with me I would have been in a really difficult spot the next day that I didnt have to put myself in.

- In line with your theory, If Im scum then im scum with mathcam and vikingsfan (which would require 4 in that group). Its a WIFOM argument but why would I go to all the trouble to establish myself as a cop and lynch my buddy to do so and then risk all of that uneccessarily to save vikingsfan for a day. Bearing in mind that if we lynch olio and he is innocent then vikinsfan probably gets lynched tommorow and me the day after if he is scum.

- Your theory ignores the relative strengths of our claims (I think Ive done this to death to this point so Ill leave it)

- If you do think that my and olio's claim have equal validity or olio's claim is stronger than mine then frankly I agree that vikinsfan might be the better lynch from an objective information perspective as failing something we cant anticipate it will indicate vikingsfan's alignment and should indicate olio's and mine.

- However a right lynch is also preferable to a mislynch (which gives the scum another night to kill). Subjectively I know that vikinsfan is the wrong lynch and olio is quite likely the right one. As Ive said if olio is scum its quite possible that killing him kills his scum group as well.

- Ultimately Im operating on a subjective basis of course. As a matter of common sense Im simply not going to vote for someone I have an innocent result on. Whether the town agrees is of course up to it.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:37 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

vote: olio
it is yert tiring to hear the same arguements over and over again.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:17 pm

Post by Yaw »

PookyTheMagicalBear is replacing Quagmire.
Success breeds suspicion
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

unvote

vote olio

One teensy little problem with your roleclaim olio,

IS was roleblocked night one.

Night Night scum
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:56 pm

Post by Yaw »

Final Vote Count:

olio (7): CoolBot, vikingfan, Myopia, MMCL, Quailman, Otaku376, PookyTheMagicalBear

Not Voting: Assasin, big_kahunia, Uraj45, Dranko20

After some arguing, the town turns against olio.

"But I'm Internet Stranger's cousin!" he screams. "I have the results of his visions!"

"Oh yeah? Then why don't the other fetish priests have cousins?"

"How am I to know about their families? I am what I am."

What he is, however, is dead, courtesy of a quick execution. On examining his body, you find that he does not have Ashanti tribal markings. He also carries several tools for muffling his footsteps and sneaking into places.

olio, Akuapem Spy (Mafia Cop), lynched Day 5

It is now Night 6. Get your choices in by
Tuesday, March 22 at midnight EST
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:52 am

Post by Yaw »

You awake to the warm African sunshine, and go about your morning affairs, afraid of what you will find when you step outside. Today your dread is ill-founded, however, as you discover no new bodies.

It is now Day 6.
With 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:07 am

vote vikingsfan

information from a mafia spy is still information!

Since olio was probly the last person on his team, he wouldn't gain anything by giving us misleading information about who was guilty because he would certainly die the next day if Viking turned out to be innocent when we lynched , if he hadn't found scum with his information ability he could've just showed us the information he found out about the innocents he investigated in order to stay alive for a while. So Olio was almost certainly telling the truth about Viking's scumminess as he has nothing to gain by lying.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:51 am

Post by Yaw »

MMCL is in Amsterdam at the moment. He will be back late Wednesday night, and doesn't expect to be able to post until Thursday at the earliest.
Success breeds suspicion
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:55 am

Post by big_kahunia »

With no kills, I'm guessing we have one scum left--a Fanti Asafo. I could be wrong.

What'd ya get Myopia? I think I need to reread the past days events.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:26 am

Post by CoolBot »

Looking at the mafia roles, it seems we have two Fanti Asaso (a spy & a leader) and one Akuapem (a warrior).

I'm curious why maximumum defended olio and why he consistenly attempted to discredit myopia.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:47 am

Post by vikingfan »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: information from a mafia spy is still information!

Since olio was probly the last person on his team, he wouldn't gain anything by giving us misleading information about who was guilty because he would certainly die the next day if Viking turned out to be innocent when we lynched , if he hadn't found scum with his information ability he could've just showed us the information he found out about the innocents he investigated in order to stay alive for a while. So Olio was almost certainly telling the truth about Viking's scumminess as he has nothing to gain by lying.
Where the heck are you getting this? Myopia has investigated me and gotten me correct. Lots of people have said that I'm telling the truth. Olio was MAFIA! That means you can't take anything he says as gospel. You can't even assume that he investigated me.

And assuming that giving us correct info will help him get by is false! It would have enabled him to stay alive one more night(if he was believed). He was already heavily scrutinized because he was the ONLY one going after me, and he was mafia.
Massive FOS: Pookythemagicalbear

For crying out loud, I thought I'd been fairly cleared by everyone now. Apparently not...

As far as roles left, don't forget the 2 cultists(assuming Maximus succesfully recruited both nights). We haven't killed either one of them yet.

I'll wait to hear from myopia before voting.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:36 am

The Asafo probably have one last scum member left and since their godfather has not been caught, it could very well be that you are the Asafo Godfather and THAT is why Myopia thinks you are innocent.

Why would Olio lie to us about whether you are scum or not? he is the LAST member of his family which means that getting by one day is NOT going to help his cause since he would be lynched the next day if you are shown to be innocent.

Think about it this way, if you are a mafia spy and the last of the family, what would you do if you are forced to claim?

1) Claim that someone who's innocent is scum, get lynched next day and lose the game for the family

2) Claim the results you have, try to look like a cop, town verifies authenticity, you might live till the end and win.

3) Claim someone who's scum is scum, get them lynched, be the hero, try to lurk till the end and win

Now why would you pick choice 1? The Lepton doesn't work if there's nobody left in the family to benefit from it!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:55 am

And no I didn't miss the fact that Locus found Coron guilty, but just because one Godfather was somehow caught does not mean that the other Godfather is not investigation immune,

If you look at the VKFan's posts, he hugs Myopia as if he's the holy grail and he's trying to ride that into the endgame.

I think that of the scum, we have only one left and that's VikingsFan,

I don't think the scum groups are 4 each, I think it's probably 3 each.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:58 am

Post by vikingfan »

How do you know that there is no one left in the family? Maybe that's what olio wants us to think. Besides, olio was going so hard after me that he HAD to claim a role that would go after me. He would have been better off not bringing up my claim so often, because it's clear that no one else was following him.

As for the godfather, I could MAYBE buy that line of reasoning, except for the fact that Locus also discovered a godfather. We tried this same line of reasoning for Maximus's claim and didn't get any farther there.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:17 pm

Because if he wasn't the only one in the family then we would have 2 nightkill attempts tonight and it's improbable that both attempts failed.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:10 pm

Post by Myopia »

I received a guilty (therfore innocent) result on otaku 76. I cant see any point in not outing innocents at this stage when we have so many.

It certainly seems that with olio's death weve eliminated a killing group so the 3 scum per mafia seems the most likely possibility at that stage which potentially only leaves us with 1 godfather left.

Factors for vikingsfan being scum

- why did olio tag him as scum if he knew it would simply buy him a day

Factors for vikingsfan not being scum

- olio was desperate;

-locus received a guilty on the other godfather which makes it likely (at least to me) that the other godfather isnt investigative immune either

- for vikinsfan to be guilty olio must have received a guilty on him while I received an innocent which doesnt make much sense (hes unlikely to be immune to one not the other).

On the whole I dont think anyone is 100% confirmed innocent but at this stage Im comfortable with anyone I investigated and received an innocent for as 95% innocent unless someone comes up with some further info.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”