d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:49 pm

Post by d_rouge »

Lauritz Melchior wrote:If the game doesn't end tonight, then who should I kill?
If the game doesn't end tongiht, you should not kill anyone, so we'll still have the possibility of hitting scum tomorrow with a lynch.
World Champions!!!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:08 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

d_rouge wrote:
Lauritz Melchior wrote:If the game doesn't end tonight, then who should I kill?
If the game doesn't end tongiht, you should not kill anyone, so we'll still have the possibility of hitting scum tomorrow with a lynch.
Normally I would agree with you, but there is a special circumstance here...

Right now, the two people who look most scummy are SV and Phobes. The only other person who I suspect might possibly be the SK is Lauritz, and that's only because I'm not completly sure I buy his claim about being the vig; it's still possible the actual vig was Hades, who died night 2 (the night of the only vig kill).

If Lauritz really is the SK, then he's probably expecting us to tell him to not kill anyone tonight (for the obveous reasons) so he never has to actually prove his claim. If he really is a vig, then (from my point of view) I'm 95% sure that it's either Phobes or SV who is the SK; there's no reason for him to support your claim about being a vote manipulator if you're the SK and he's a good guy, and a vote manipulating SK dosn't really make sense, so I would tend to trust you at this point.

So one thing we could do would be to lynch either phobes or SV today, and tell Lauritz to kill the other one tonight if the lynch dosn't win us the game on the spot. If he is the vig, then we should win that way. If he is lying about being the vig, then his inability to kill tonight should prove that and we can lynch him tommorow.

I know it seems like a strange plan, but I think it should work...anyone see any problems with it?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:18 am

Post by d_rouge »

Yeah, the problem is: LM is definitely the vig. Look at the way the people died: vig=triple stab=trident=poseidon !=hades. The one who slaughters is the SK.

I agree that vigging the one between SV and Phoebus who's not lynched today is the same as lynching him/her tomorrow, but I'd rather have two people decide it tomorrow than losing for a vig screw up.
World Champions!!!
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:04 am

Post by TBuG »

SapphireVerde
--- 2 --- Phoebus, Yosarian2
Phoebus
--- 2 --- d_rouge, SapphireVerde

Not voting
--- 1 --- Lauritz Melchior
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:55 pm

Post by Lauritz Melchior »

Alrighty. I'm gonna put my
vote
on
Phoebus
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:56 pm

Also, I'm not gonna use my night-kill. If we've got 2 people left, then we're screwed. If only one person left, then we've at least got three left alive come tomorrow.
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:43 pm

Post by d_rouge »

I hope the game is over, because in 24 hours I'm leaving for a scout camp and I'll be with absolutely no Internet access until August 10th. I should be able to log in one last time before leaving, but it would suck not to be able to finish this game.
World Champions!!!
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:14 am

I think that that's three votes against Phoebus.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:56 am

Post by TBuG »

SapphireVerde
--- 2 --- Phoebus, Yosarian2
Phoebus
--- 3 --- d_rouge, SapphireVerde, Lauritz Melchior

The deities corner Phoebus.

"Um... Moo?" Phoebus cries.

You lynch him, believing you have found scum, and then you gasp in horror...

Phoebus was Hera, a townie.

I guess nobody can have babies anymore.

Send in your night choices ASAP. d_rouge, would you like to be replaced? Please answer over PM.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:03 am

I'll eat my hat. =(
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:30 am

Post by TBuG »

Phoebus II replaces d_rouge.

The four remaining deities wake up. No, wait, three... You look around. SapphireVerde is the first to find the dead body of the slaughtered Phoebus II, who just a few minutes earlier was known as d_rouge.

d_rouge/Phoebus II, who was Rheia, mother of Zeus and his siblings, was slaughtered.

SapphireVerde, Yosarian2, and Lauritz Melchior are alive.

It takes two to lynch. If there is no lynch, scum wins. If town is lynched, scum wins. If scum is lynched, town wins.

This is the last day.
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:59 pm

Post by SapphireVerde »

Ok listen,

I got an innocent result last night. I'm probaly insane or something. I don't know. Since you both came up innocent I don't know who to vote for. Can we talk about this before voting?
Fluffy Wuffy!
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:01 pm

Yosarian, who did you claim again?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I am the Erinyes, the daughers of Ouranos that were mentioned in the first mod post.

I was very curious about what SV would claim to have seen last night. If she was scum, I was half expecting her to fake a guilty claim on Lauritz, but the thing is that after I voted for her yesterday she would expect me to to be more likely to believe Laurutiz then her anyway, so that would probably cause a loss. If she was scum, claiming to be insane (and thus trying to invalidate her earlier claim that I was clean) would actually not be a bad plan on her part at this point, because it's the only way she can hope to avoid a situation where I would be the one to decide if she or Lauritz looked more scummy.

On the other hand, the way she has claimed, it is theoretically possible she is nieve cop, and as I said yesterday, it is possible (although probably not very likely) that Lauitz is not actually the vig, as we're not going to be able to confirm the vig claim. I'm not going to vote yet, because we are in lynch or lose and i'm not 100% sure she's scum. But the biggest thing that makes me suspect her is that, like Phobes pointed out yesterday, the flavor behind her claim dosn't really make a whole lot of sense.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:25 am

And now, for a glorious show of lackmanship, I will claim that I am too tired to care much.

vote: esme
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:58 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Umm...huh? Was that supposed to be in a different game, or are you just that tired? ;)
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:28 am

Post by SapphireVerde »

huh? LM...Wrong post...
Fluffy Wuffy!
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:31 am

Er. ahehe :oops:

I seem to have a knack for these things. In another game where I was SKer, I posted a lengthy argument against two people, both of whom died the night before, one by my hand. I did that without even realizing it! My brain didn't seem to register their deaths (I KILLED one of them) because I was focusing entirely on things posted the previous day.

Anyhow, what happened here was simple. I've recently replaced somebody for a mafia game on the GL and am reading up on it. Esme was in that game (now dead), and my mind being on that game, I voted for her here instead of for SV. I was thinking "vote for the girl" or something of that nature. I don't know.

Man! I kind of wish that I hadn't jokingly mentioned my lacktitude or whatever pun it was in the last post. I meant that I was too tired to reread and form my own conclusions.

Anyhow,
unvote: esme
:oops:
vote: SapphireVerde
(I like your new avatar btw)

I think that the reason for today's complete and utter lack of progress is that we're all afraid to be the first to cast a vote. Doing so would cast suspicion on the voter for trying to start a bandwagon (two person bandwagon!!!).

Anyhow, something about SVs brief post seems scummy to me. I'm thinking of a particular chat-mafia game where there were three people left (myself among them) and one of them (the scum) stood quietly aside while I argued vociferously for his death (I knew that he was scum) and the other guy tried to decide between me and the scumbucket. He finally concluded that I was being too obstreperous and therefore must be scum. He voted for me and the scum quickly and quietly added on the second, ensuring his victory.

But, enough lengthy rambles. I'm old and I'm tired. These weary bones aren't long for this world.

I'll bet that this would be a
whole
lot more easy to read if it weren't in stream of consciousness with multiple tangential doctoral theses obscuring the important stuff.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:36 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

(shrug) All right, time to end this, one way or the other.

vote:SapphireVerde
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:49 am

Post by BabyJesus »

:shock:
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:14 pm

Post by SapphireVerde »

Why thank you. Everyone seems to like my new avatar. :D

Horray for scum. You guys win.
Fluffy Wuffy!
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:03 am

Well, poop =(

I must say that Yosarian had me very much fooled. Nice job.
And, embarassed as I am to say this as well, I was certain that Phoebus was SKer.
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:38 am

Post by Puzzle »

Yeah, Phoebus's "vote Lauritz for SK" got me smiling but it was too blatant to be true...
As for Yosarian2, I could feel it.

Thought of the day : Had I not screwed up that badly from A to Z, I would have done something positive.

Congrats, Yos.
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:21 am

Post by TBuG »

@ Yosarian2: *points at Vacation thread* My great-grandpa died, FYI. That's why I wasn't here.

Yosarian2 and Lauritz Melchior corner Sapphire against a cliff and push her off. You look just in time to see her body shift to that of Demeter, goddess of Agriculture and so on. Lauritz Melchior then has a look of dread on his face.

"Aw, crap!" He yells. Yosarian2 splits into three seperate beings, namely the Erinyes, and slaughtered Lauritz before he has time to run...

SapphireVerde was Demeter, goddess of agriculture.

Lauritz Melchior was Poseidon, god of the seas.

Yosarian2 is The Erinyes, and the SK of this game.

I think had Yosarian killed Lauritz or Sapphire, the town would have won. I was amazed at how much he flew under the radar.

I loved Puzzle's claim, but I think maybe he would have been better off using a muse or something instead of Mnemosyne.

Sapphire was a naive cop. I thought she'd figure it out after Puzzle was lynched, but there was the whole godfather thing. Puzzle was not a godfather, he was simply the head of the mafia, role wise.

I'll post roles and stuff later.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:12 am

Post by BabyJesus »

damn....
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.