Mini 1544: Dry, Bland and Tasteless (Game Over)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:21 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Nothing you're saying is convincing me. Your claim is inconsistent with your Day 1 play and feels like it was rushed without much thought put behind it, besides a few things you planned. With that many outted PRs yesterday, you could have just claimed and gotten RD one for one and it would have been worth it for a town doctor to do so. But you're scum who let a bjc lynch happen. I want to slap this town into finally lynching some scum.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Egg »

Nik, oh yeah. My bad.
caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by caledfwitch »

VOTECOUNT 3.3
  • Rainbowdash (L-1):
    Nikanor, evilpacman18, Egg
    Nikanor (L-1):
    The Most Curious Thing, Albert B. Rampage, Rainbowdash
    NOT VOTING:
    Quill (1)
With seven alive it takes four to lynch. The day will end on March 1, 2014 at around 19:00 PST. The next votecount will be tomorrow at around 18:00 PST. Countdown: (expired on 2014-03-01 19:00:00)
[/quote]
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 622, Nikanor wrote:Quill, when you're doing your reread, please pay attention to how badly I wanted Rainbowdash lynched. tia.
Also, in a universe where Evil Genius Nikador exists, I'd have claimed Doctor on day two, lynched Rainbowdash, and simply killed Egg with "omg i was RB'd" as the excuse.
Rainbowdash's suggestion that I'm trying to get him lynched today is invalid, because if I were scum I'd have just claimed to try to get him lynched yesterday.

Quill, I protected TMCT because he had little suspicion thrown on him n1, and he is who I would have killed n1 if I were scum.
Yeah you are smarter than this.

You claim doctor as scum D2 and get me lynched, you cant use the "omg I was RBed" excuse because im dead as RB... unless you are saying you would try and argue town RB and Doc against scum RB or something. You are killing Egg and then leaving your partner in a 5 alive with only them left needing to dodge two mislynches. There is no way you would have fakeclaimed yesterday because there was no need to. You weren't even going to fakeclaim today until you were under duress.

What town, who knows they are going to be going into a 1v1, waits for a lylo to claim? When they could have the last two days? None. Nik was NOT planning on claiming today, he got backed into a corner where a claim was his only way out. Look at how he treats TMCT. Look how he treats me and other wagons. That was scum leaving an option of having results, not town who has a "guilty" result.

Also I am publicly declaring EPM as my target for tonight once we lynch Nik
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Nikanor »

In post 628, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 622, Nikanor wrote:Quill, when you're doing your reread, please pay attention to how badly I wanted Rainbowdash lynched. tia.
Also, in a universe where Evil Genius Nikador exists, I'd have claimed Doctor on day two, lynched Rainbowdash, and simply killed Egg with "omg i was RB'd" as the excuse.
Rainbowdash's suggestion that I'm trying to get him lynched today is invalid, because if I were scum I'd have just claimed to try to get him lynched yesterday.

Quill, I protected TMCT because he had little suspicion thrown on him n1, and he is who I would have killed n1 if I were scum.

You claim doctor as scum D2 and get me lynched, you cant use the "omg I was RBed" excuse because im dead as RB... unless you are saying you would try and argue town RB and Doc against scum RB or something. You are killing Egg and then leaving your partner in a 5 alive with only them left needing to dodge two mislynches. There is no way you would have fakeclaimed yesterday because there was no need to. You weren't even going to fakeclaim today until you were under duress.

What town, who knows they are going to be going into a 1v1, waits for a lylo to claim? When they could have the last two days? None. Nik was NOT planning on claiming today, he got backed into a corner where a claim was his only way out. Look at how he treats TMCT. Look how he treats me and other wagons. That was scum leaving an option of having results, not town who has a "guilty" result.

*shrug*
If you'd like, we can lynch you today, and if you flip town, we can lynch me tomorrow.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 629, Nikanor wrote:
In post 628, Rainbowdash wrote:

*shrug*
If you'd like, we can lynch you today, and if you flip town, we can lynch me tomorrow.
I'm good with this.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

No.

If we lynch Nik today scum cant kill without clearing town.

We lynch Nik, I block EPM. Even if EPM is town and scum kill me we enter F5 with Egg + EPM clear in a worst case scenario. I mean seriously, its worst case scenario F5 with two clear.
You don't earn
loyalty
Quill
Quill
Goon
Quill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:56 pm

Post by Quill »

In post 631, Rainbowdash wrote:No.

We lynch Nik, I block EPM. Even if EPM is town and scum kill me we enter F5 with Egg + EPM clear in a worst case scenario. I mean seriously, its worst case scenario F5 with two clear.
Yeah, that wouldn't actually clear EPM, just for the record. On the off-chance both you and Nik are town, there could still be a second scumpartner who submits the kill. Your continual string of misleading scenarios isn't putting you in an especially good light.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Well apart from both of us being unlikely to exist in the game, Nik doesn't add up through his actions. EPM being cleared if a kill happens obviously is based off the assumption that Nik is scum. I am going to for sure have my target called from the case of a scum lynch though because if I die it confirms town that way.
You don't earn
loyalty
Quill
Quill
Goon
Quill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:25 pm

Post by Quill »

Okay, here's the possible scenarios as I'm currently seeing them:

1) We lynch Rainbow, who flips town roleblocker: Immediately, Nikanor and EPM are implicated. Of the two, Nikanor seems most likely to be scum, due to the reasons Rainbow and others have already stated. In this scenario, I'm personally inclined to think Nikanor has been mindgaming us ever since the start of D2, and scum targetted catboi. This would make Curious his likely partner, because the Doc claim implies Curious is town. But either way, Nik would be the smart follow-up lynch.

2) We lynch Rainbow, who flips scum and/or scum roleblocker: Nikanor is confirmed doc, Curious is all-but-confirmed town. This leaves EPM and ABR. I'd be a little wary about going after ABR based on the case Rainbow hammered out earlier, but he seems to make more sense in the aggregate.

3) We lynch Nikanor, who flips town doc: Curious is almost certainly town again, and the other two people on the wagon, ABR and Rainbow, are implicated. I think the decision to go after Rainbow is easier here, because I can see a town team of IC-WeakVig-Doctor against a Mafia Roleblocker better than a town team of IC-WeakVig-Doctor-Roleblocker. The latter's giving town a lot of ways to stop the kill, especially if, as Egg implies, there's some sort of trap built into his role beyond the usual extent of an IC. ABR could be the second scum then, I suppose.

4) We lynch Nikanor, who flips scum: Rainbow is confirmed town, and Curious suddenly looks suspicious again. In fact, I'd be hard-pressed to buy any other partner for Nikanor, except maybe EPM.

As I've reread things, Rainbow's play has felt more consistent. She targets Egg right away on Day 2, because that's what you'd do if you blocked someone and no night kill happened. She immediately calls shenanigans on Nik's claim, because the claim probably should have been used Day 2 to either trap her or save Curious. And while some of her reasoning for why she's town is flawed, it seems in good faith.

On the other hand, as I said above, Nik as a doctor and Rainbow as a mafia roleblocker seems to make a bit more sense. Also, while he certainly could have claimed to save Curious before being lynched, he doesn't actually waver in his belief that Curious is town, even if he doesn't express it as often as I might have. Egg's argument that a doctor would pay attention to flavor does hold a bit of water too, I guess.

TL;DR: I'm pretty torn here. Logically, based on the possible outcomes of these scenarios, it makes more sense to lynch Nikanor because his claim is a bit less fitting, his death provides us with more information, and it would offer up that possibility Rainbow mentions of clearing another townie if he is in fact scum. Also, trios of LeMidget-Nikanor-ABR or LeMidget-Nikanor-Curious make more sense to me than the other ones we have left, except possibly LeMidget-Rainbow-ABR. I want to sleep on it to be sure, but that's where my vote is leaning.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:23 am

Post by Egg »

In post 631, Rainbowdash wrote:No.

^That's not worst case. Worst case is Nik flips town doc and scum kills me leaving you, evilpacman, quill, ABR, and Curious with the only clear being Curious who dies the next night after you are lynched and now evilpacman, quill, and ABR are left with 1 scum between them.

OR

We can lynch you. If you flip town, we are pretty much in the same spot.

I mean I guess order technically only matters if we think we can get it right the first time. And I'm pretty sure Nik is town.

And really, Nik is the one who has the best chance to keep me alive if he is town. He just has to preotect me. You'd have to guess scum right. And even if you get it right, we won't be able to rule out the possibility scum didn't kill because a no kill would actually be the right play for them in that case.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:24 am

Post by Egg »

Huh.

Not really sure I want to go into why, but Quill makes more sense as scum than I realized.

^remember this when I'm dead.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:51 am

Nothing is guaranteed, that's for certain. I think Nikanor makes more sense as scum, maybe Quill or evil. If Nikanor flips doctor, TMCT is guaranteed to be town.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:51 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

ABR please, you started this day off so well =\ don't fall prey to RD and give him ANOTHER day. Nik's play is totally consistent with his claim and knowing that TMCT is town and RD is scum.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:53 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Quill is probably the other scum , I don't think ABR is scum. I feel like we'll be the final three if we lynch town today.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:20 am

I really want to vote for him. He's not someone I like, the opposite actually. It's Nik's claim today that doesn't sit right with me. I'm thinking we might be best leaving them both alive and seeing who makes it through. In that case, I would vote for TMCT. But think about it, if we lynch RD and he's the RB, that exposes us to Nikanor having a guaranteed ally in Egg and winning tomorrow with blind sheeps and his buddy.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:46 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

TMCT is a terrible lynch because it's basically siding with RD's side of the story. If Nik is town then TCMT is confirmed town too. If it's really a 50/50 shot then we're still better off lynching RD because scum will have to pick from three confirmed town to shoot.

BY THE WAY TOWN ROLEBLOCKER MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WITH OTHER TOWN PRs, LIKE WHAT PR COULD SCUM POSSIBLY HAVE? THEY'RE PROBABLY ALL GOONS
Seriously though like consider what PRs scum usually get... Roleblocker is pretty much the only one but against a town setup that includes an IC and a weak vig (which if scum successfully roleblocks, is very likely to hurt them more than help them if that vig aimed for town) that's really pointless. Other potential scum PRs like Encryptor are normally passive and not affected by roleblocks.

I know setup spec is hard to stomach but there's SO MUCH (including the mod's confirmation that scum didn't kill N1, which indicates a protective role because saying maybe scum didn't kill N1 is just grasping so hard) stacked in favor of Nik on just a facts about the game level that we don't even have to consider which of them looks like scum and which doesn't. And Nik wins that battle too.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Whichever one of you, ABR and Quill, is town please vote RD in your next post and we will make sure to lynch the other of you tomorrow
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

ABR you're scum, I'm sorry but I was biking home thinking about how to convince either you or Quill and it hit me, you've been moving towards me and away from RD since the second you realized I had him pegged right and he was gonna die. I don't for a second believe that your scumread on him went poof because you don't like Nikanor's claim, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU WERE VOTING RD BEFORE THERE WAS ANY CLAIM. I'm gonna take RD down then I'm gonna take you down, whether Nikanor gets lynched today or not.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:04 am

I don't think I'm wrong.
Quill
Quill
Goon
Quill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:07 am

Post by Quill »

Thought about it, had some RL things go down, thought about it some more. Rainbowdash makes more sense than Nikanor for scum, and has the benefit of us being more sure about Nik one way or another when she flips.

Vote: Rainbowdash
The Most Curious Thing
The Most Curious Thing
Townie
The Most Curious Thing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:30 am

Post by The Most Curious Thing »

Posting to avoid prod; I'll have thoughts up tonight when I...

What. What the flying ****. Quill, I really hope you are scum.
The Most Curious Thing
The Most Curious Thing
Townie
The Most Curious Thing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:32 am

That's a horrendous hammer regardless of RD's alignment.

In fact, if RD is indeed scum I'm coming after you full force again Tomorrow.
Quill
Quill
Goon
Quill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:38 am

Post by Quill »

@TMCT: Figured as much, but I don't see how I could have hammered any differently to make you feel better about it. Sorry my reads changed to not agree with yours, I guess.
The Most Curious Thing
The Most Curious Thing
Townie
The Most Curious Thing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:41 am

That's not even the thing. I'm not sold on Nikanor that much more than RD. That's why I said "no interest in seeing either one lynched without a reread."

Come on, we were still 10 days from deadline.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”