MiriYami
MiriYami
Townie
MiriYami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:34 pm

Post by MiriYami »

Sorry for the double post, but Antrax (or anyone else), do you know when Luna gets back?

Thanks!
[i]Two smallish lynch mobs formed up, but, feeling rather apathetic about the whole thing, just went home.[/i] --SpicyJ, in Mafia4, on the Brunchma board
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:07 pm

Post by mole »

mith said in Buffy mafia that they wouldn't be able to start the day until they found an internet cafe on Wednesday.
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:01 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Bah at you all. There goes my special ability.

I am Doctor Jeckyll.

Every night I can decide whether or not to protect someone. If I choose to do so and the one I select is the target of a killer (mafia or otherwise), I will cure him/her. However, if the one I select does not get targeted, I turn into Mr. Hyde and kill him/her myself.

During most of the game, this power is too dangerous to use imho. Even if someone is a clear target for the killers, they might decide not to target him/her because of the possible presence of normal doctors. And in that case I would end up killing the one I try to protect. Therefore, I have not used my ability yet.

However, if in the endgame we get information on one of the players that he/she is likely to be mafia after we lynch someone else, I can do my trick and choose to "protect" the mafia member and let Hyde kill him/her.

Coming out with my role however means that I lose this ability - I am now an admitted schizophrenic and as such no longer allowed to act as a doctor (I won't quote Quercitrons exact words, but that is the gist of it).
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:17 pm

Post by Mike Amok »

So why didn't you "protect" Sketchwick last night, seeing as you were voting for him yesterday? You stated pretty clearly you thought a no-lynch would be bad. What would be the difference if you had killed him instead?
[size=75]This space intentionally left blank.[/size]
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:01 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

The truth? I chickened out. I was severely tempted, but I was not convinced of his guilt - as were many others given the fact that he did not get lynched. I was hoping for a scenario where we could deduce from a lynching who was the remaining mafia and then apply my powers.
MiriYami
MiriYami
Townie
MiriYami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:28 pm

Post by MiriYami »

I don't buy that, DP. I mean, you chickened out? Please! You're an active and agressive player, and I can't see you chickening out from just about anything. And we have enough players left that losing one extra innocent wouldn't have killed the town.

Besides, claiming a role like that is very convenient for you -- you've never used it, of course, so there's no way to prove it. I don't believe you, sorry.

My vote stands.
[i]Two smallish lynch mobs formed up, but, feeling rather apathetic about the whole thing, just went home.[/i] --SpicyJ, in Mafia4, on the Brunchma board
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:53 pm

Post by Mike Amok »

The only reason Sketchwick wasn't lynched was because I screwed up. There were enough people who wanted him dead that it should have happened. If you didn't want him to die, what were you doing voting for him? Whether you were 100% convinced or not has nothing to do with it. I'm far from convinced of your guilt, but you've done nothing to make me think you're innocent.

Anybody want to wait till Wednesday? I'm a patient man.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:27 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Miriyami, may I remind you that one of the reasons that we did not lynch someone yesterday was that YOU did not want Sketchwick dead? And now you tell me I should have killed him because losing an innocent does not matter??

As a general rule, no lynch is bad for the town in a situation like this. I voted. Several of you did not.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:41 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

If there is only one mafia left, you can afford to lynch me, provided you make the right choice the next day after I have been revealed as innocent. You can also afford not to lynch me and do it tomorrow.

However, let's speculate for a while that there might be two left.... And in a 25 player game, I think 5 mafia is actually more likely than 4.

Now let's re-examine the voting behaviour yesterday. Sketchwick was within one vote of a lynching. Actually it was I who put him there well before the deadline with my change of vote. Still, he was not lynched, because one player "did not want to" and another "misunderstood". Granted, in a one mafia situation, this means that Miriyami and Mike are innocent (otherwise they would have jumped at this opportunity to lynch the innocent Sketchwick). But what if there are indeed two mafia left? And Sketchwick is one of them? Then abstaining suddenly makes sense, and either Miriyami or Mike would not have voted simply because they did not want their buddy lynched - certainly with a DP lynching on the cards the next day, which would guarantee them a win.

Vote Sketchwick

If there is only one mafia left, no harm done - and I will understand if you are going to lynch me the next day even if that loses the game for us. If there are two, we have a 50/50 choice the next day - which is far better than throwing the game away by lynching me.
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:06 pm

Post by Mike Amok »

And what if you and Sketchwick are mafia? Then you're trying to make yourself look innocent and set up a lynch of Miri or me tomorrow.

And how would lynching you be throwing the game away, when lynching Sketchwick is "no harm done" even if he's innocent?
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:15 pm

Post by Mike Amok »

Actually, if you and Sketchwick are mafia, it might be wiser to lynch Sketchwick today, in case he does block people at night, to make sure he doesn't block Miri, so she can invite me, since I'm the only person she hasn't checked yet, right? Phew, long sentence.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:22 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Mike Amok wrote:And what if you and Sketchwick are mafia? Then you're trying to make yourself look innocent and set up a lynch of Miri or me tomorrow.

Yes, possible, but I did vote for him to put him within one vote of the rope. And a two-mafia scenario with Skecthwick one of them makes sense to me. In a one mafia scenario you can lynch anyone (including me) and still get it right later.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:48 am

Post by Antrax »

Luna and mith should be back this weekend.
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
MiriYami
MiriYami
Townie
MiriYami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:38 am

Post by MiriYami »

I will not vote for sketch simply because I offered him to join and he had the choice. This means that he *cannot* be mafia (unless we have a spy hereabouts). I have had a feeling about you for a while dp, and with this evidence (which I tried to get the night Moles set up his "smoke and mirrors" thing but it got redirected), I am (almost) convinced that you are mafia.

That is all for now.
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:39 am

Post by Mike Amok »

Alright.
Vote: DP
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:37 pm

Post by quercitron »

And as the server comes back online, that's four votes for DP (courtesy of sketchwick, MiriYami, mole, and Mike Amok.)

The Town drags Dragon Phoenix (ha ha! draggin' Dragon!) to the lynching machine, and asks him if he has anything more to say about his true role.

DP hesitates.

"Well," he says, "I was lying about being Dr. Jekyll."

There's a big shock amongst the Town. No, really.

"I'm Bill Gates! And all I want to do is destroy Mac users!"

Well, that's improbable enough...except all the Townies use Macs. Oops. As one, the Town pushes the red button. Lightning flickers around the platform, and Bill Gates grabs for something inside his coat. Then the lynching machine starts to break down, and no one can tell what's going on. Frantically, members of the Town start kicking parts of the machine. There is the noise of flesh sizzling, and a muffled BANG. When the lights come back on, the Town finds Dragon Phoenix fried by the lightning.

And mole lies dead in a pool of blood, victim of the Godfather's last smoke and mirrors gun trick.

Dragon Phoenix (Bill Gates, Mafia Godfather) - lynched by the Town
mole (Prestidigitator) - shot by the Godfather.

The Mafia Godfather was immune to most investigations and appeared as a Townie to almost any role that affected him. In addition, upon death he took a random Townie with him (he was not told of this so he could not use it to his advantage.)

The Prestidigitator was a neutral role who could not be investigated or targeted at night. All attempts except killing attempts would fail. There was also a 50% chance of the Prestidigitator receiving information about anyone targeting him.

With 4 players left alive, IT IS NIGHT. SEND CHOICES.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:00 am

Post by mole »

ouch.
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
Ningal
Ningal
Newbie information desk
Ningal
Newbie information desk
Newbie information desk

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:21 am

Post by Ningal »

*and there is much cheering and jubilation coming from the dead-townie bench*
[size=84]Not to worry. There's enough chloroform for everybody. --the silent speaker[/size]
Cadmium's specter
Cadmium's specter
Townie
Cadmium's specter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:33 am

Post by Cadmium's specter »

::hears there's another townie ready to join the bench::

Hey, over here. It's getting funnier every night :).
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:56 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

*ahem*
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
jesternl
jesternl
Townie
jesternl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:06 pm

Post by jesternl »

Moves over on the benchto create room for more Dutchies...
realizes he almost invited the Godfather....., moves a little back :)
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:57 am

Post by quercitron »

The Town awakens to the sight of Nobody dead in the Town Square. Nobody was just a Townie.

No one's been killed! In other news, lynching machine instability at 45%, and 3 TO LYNCH. No confirm votes or anything silly.

q
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:29 pm

Post by Mike Amok »

Um. Hm. Well, I was of course invited by MiriYami, and given the choice. I have chosen to accept, though I guess that doesn't matter much unless we choose to not lynch today.
MiriYami
MiriYami
Townie
MiriYami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:01 pm

Post by MiriYami »

Okay, we have left alive:

MiriYami
Sketchwick
Luna
MikeAmok

All have been invited; some have chosen to join, some have not. But all have been given the choice.

Therefore, there's a spy around. But who?

Sketch's ability does seem to be a mafia-ish ability. But so does Luna's. I know I'm innocent, and I've had multiple people say that I'm not terribly suspect. And as the rest of the actors were innocent, I feel that Mike is *less* likely to be suspect.

I think it is most likely that Sketch is mafia because he did not accept the invite; I know he said it was because he didn't want to lose his (admittedly relatively useful) ability, but I wonder if part of that ability was that he is mafia.

But then, Luna with her occasional puppet vote, looks kinda suspicious now too.

Meh.

No vote for now.
MiriYami
MiriYami
Townie
MiriYami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:48 pm

Post by MiriYami »

Okay, news of a sort: I have to leave for a whiles. Sunday will be my last day with access. So, if anyone else has posted info by then, I will post a vote, and then find out how things came out when I get back. And if not, I won't be able to vote.

I don't know for sure how long I'll be gone, but it'll be at least a week and possibly as long as a month, or maybe even longer.

That is all.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”