The Chosen One (Micro 10) - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:50 am

Post by RedCoyote »

And don't give me this "I won't write walls ... I can't convince scum their scum" appeal. At this point we're trying to convince Mel. He's a big boy. If he wants to read them, he will, if he doesn't, he won't.

I notice you're trying to play Miss Noble throughout that post. "Maybe I made some mistakes... but at least I am honest!" Give me a break. You didn't make mistakes. You made cool, calculated moves to push your agenda.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:51 am

Post by RedCoyote »

EBWOP: I can't convince scum
they're
scum
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:01 am

Post by Equinox »

RedCoyote accuses me of appealing to emotion by making myself out to be "noble" and, in the same post, tries to pull me into a wall battle.

Nope. Not happening.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I feel lights all around me, and my heart beating in my chest... I have a tiny bit of hope.

Votecount 4.1

RedCoyote (1) - Equinox
Melmond (0) -
Equinox (1) - RedCoyote
Not Voting (1) - Melmond

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.
Deadline is (expired on 2012-10-18 12:00:00)

"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Regfan »

drunken BAH!
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:15 am

Post by Melmond »

I've been reading the game and a few things are on my mind, last nights NK would be better for RC because I've agreed with him this whole game and I've thought Equinox/kondi was scum most of the game. I've had a strong townread on him since day 1. This would make it appear to make it easy for him to get me to vote equinox, since we've shared ideas about her. So that makes it look like RC is scum. Also, it seems like he may have been lining up lynches, ewo, kondi, majiffy.

But it would also be easy for Equinox to kill Reg and just appeal to the "no scum would be stupid enough to do that" excuse. That and she voted first in lylo before I even posted, so that really doesn't look good. And of course, I've suspected the slot most of the game.

Another thing I'm trying to put into perspective is the possibility that kondi is just a bad player. He's not using the kondi account anymore, he's got a alt named Klick now that he's using. If you look at micro 32, that's one game he handled badly. And him thinking GI was cool could be a reason for suspecting me, because GI also pushed me day 1. I also don't know why scum would push my case that hard when there's a chosen townie (ewo) that was getting a lot of pressure at the end too.

Right now, I'm leaning more towards lynching RedCoyote, even though I would hate to do that, because I've had a strong townread on him all day.

What do you two think?
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:39 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 649, RedCoyote wrote:The facts are on my side, Equinox. You're the one with the most clear ties to FUT/Amrun. That's the only fact that we can count on in this game. If Mel can only consider one thing, it's that you and Amrun make the most sense as partners. This game is all about D1 really.

Could you explain the ties?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by Equinox »

Voting first in LyLo isn't a scum tell. I vote as soon as I ascertain who is scum, as there's no reason to play coy once the puzzle has been solved. I'm fairly sure I've done it both as town and as scum, but off the top of my head I can tell you I as town voted first in White Flag Mafia of the first Team Mafia
and then lost, forever shall that shame be engraved into my soul

Yes, I could kill Regfan and pawn it off as a kill I wouldn't do. What I would not do, however, is kill everyone who has ever supported me and go into 3-player LyLo with the 2 people who haven't liked me ever. There's a point where risks become unreasonable.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Mel, I think you've had a townread on me all game because your intuition is correct. It has steered you correctly. Don't abandon that just because Equinox paints this WIFOM picture. She's making it out like I was trying to kill everyone that stood in the way of lynching her, but that's just not true. Reg had a townread on me too. peta had a townread on me too. So, I mean, that's just a bunk argument. It's not like this is an all of a sudden kind of thing, Mel. I've suspected Equinox from the very beginning of D2. I pushed very hard to try and get her lynched. In the end, no one bit. I blinked first. I guess what I'm getting at is I don't think you should her premise that every nightkill was working toward this point. Very rarely are games orchestrated like that. You know what happens more often? Scum make decisions as they have to, as they're forced to. peta was killed likely because everyone saw
him
as town. Not because he had a townread on Equinox. Reg was killed likely because everyone saw
him
as town. Not because he had a townread on Equinox.

I mean, look, I can guarantee you if I was killed instead of Reg yesterday, Equinox would in no way, shape, or form been able to call you the obvscum and have Reg follow in lockstep. I guarantee you Reg would not have gone for that. Especially after Majiffy flipped town. Reg would've taken a good, long, hard look at the game, including the arguments I already made against Equinox.

Mel 656 wrote:Could you explain the ties?

Certainly.

You start with kondi. kondi starts off the game by using distancing to quickly separate himself from his partner. That's a pretty basic scum tactic. I know it's distancing rather than just run-of-the-mill RVS stuff because throughout the day he holds FUT as his #2 scumread while trying to detract others from the wagon. He goes so far as to say Amrun/FUT are scummy "but Mel is worse!" Why is he doing that if he supposedly suspects Amrun/FUT? Logic tells me that he has a vested interest in keeping that wagon down. Especially due to the fact that around this time, kondi is posting less and less. He's calling his partner scummy while not voting them. So it's kind of like a 2-for-1. That's not the worst part though. The worst part is that kondi votes Amrun and unvotes her at L-1 right before replacing out with the statement that Amrun's claim is "not a towntell". The replacing out thing was probably null, but that doesn't explain that series of events. He votes Amrun, then unvotes her at L-1 and says that her claim isn't a towntell? If it isn't, then why unvote her? What did he gain from unvoting her at that point? After all, she was supposedly a scumread of his... His #2 scumread. And he admits that her claim does nothing to make him think she's town either. So I'm using Occum's Razor on this one. The simplest explanation is more than likely the correct one. Amrun was his partner and he didn't want to contribute to that lynch, but he also didn't want his unvoting to look as bad so he throws in that little comment about how "her claim isn't a towntell".

As for Equinox's part. She made her bed when she replaced in. When Equinox replaced in, she had several days to form an opinion on Amrun. She neglected to do that. Equinox is an experienced player who's opinion is well respected. She had an obligation as a townie to come in a try to make sense of things. Instead, she flat out ignores the L-1 Amrun, trying instead to bring more attention on ewo, Majiffy, and you (all townies, obviously). Furthermore, she doesn't cast a vote and refuses to give a read on Amrun.

Anyways, I know that's a lot, but I'm trying hard to get you to see that there are solid, objective reasons for Equinoxscum here. I know I made a mistake (well, I guess we both did) to not keep pushing her on D2 like my mind told me to. Instead I went chasing after ewo on some wild goose chase that Equinox sent me on. It's no wonder she did, given that he was a chosen townie.

All Equinox has in her defense is WIFOM. In my defense, I was pivotal in getting Amrun lynched in the face peta and Majiffy and Grey and kondi and Equinox. Some of them eventually came around, but for most of D1 it was just me and Reg really driving that lynch. I would not have lynched Amrun on D1 as some sort of wild gambit, Mel. Equinox tells you that the scumkills are unreasonable if she was scum; I'm telling you that Amrun's lynch was unreasonable if I was scum. I had ample opportunity to get on the ewo wagon when it was the main competitor. I stuck it out though because Amrun was very transparently scummy to me when she replaced in. I think you saw that too. You know who didn't see that? Equinox.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by Melmond »

One thing I'm wondering is why would there even have been a NK if Equinox was scum? By keeping everyone alive, I would think it would have been easier for Equinox to survive and it would have still been lylo.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:49 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 365, GreyICE wrote:
Fair warning about RedCoyote: He appears to care about this game. This may be a RedCoyote scumtell (although I utterly hate and despise the logic that someone plays more town when they're scum, in RC's case it's kinda true).

Something GreyICE said right before Night 1 about RC
In post 395, GreyICE wrote:Melmond, sadly, be town

So be equinox

And about equinox.

This makes me think that RC would have more reason to kill GI. That and several other things. Kondi gave ewo, a chosen townie a town read right as the wagon on ewo was building up.
My only problem with this is that it means RC was bussing FUT/Amrun. I'm going to assume it would be something he would do, but I'm really not sure.

I'm pretty sure that the remaining scum is RedCoyote. If I'm wrong, I'm extremely sorry to everyone in the town.

VOTE: RedCoyote
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:35 am

Post by Equinox »

Assuming you're not the greatest performer that ever lived, you are correct. I'm town.

Good game, all.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:36 am

Post by Equinox »

Man, I worded that wrong. That's not intended as a knock on you, Melmond; it's just that if you're scum, you played really fucking well because you played pretty much the opposite of how you played your first scum game.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:21 am

Post by Melmond »

Awesome, I would have been very disappointed in myself if I would have mislynched RC. GG everyone :D
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:26 am

Post by Equinox »

Happy birthday, Melmond!
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:34 am

Post by Melmond »

Thanks! :D
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:00 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, Mel... What have you done?

Good job, town. :P

My poor Amrun. I'm sorry that I let you down. I really didn't think your lynch would've happened so quickly. I just kept waiting and waiting for the wagon to become irrelevant, but it never seemed to lose favor. I first thought there was no way Reg would keep up the FUT wagon that long, then I overestimated Grey's pride thinking that he wouldn't hammer you and would stick with ewo until the end.

Anyways, it was a pretty enjoyable game though. I think everyone played well except maybe Majiffy. Great job with that hammer, Mel. Savor that. Because it's so sweet when you get those right. :] Happy birthday to you as well. Thanks to the Mod for running a smooth game as well.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:03 am

Post by Majiffy »

Oh really? RC was scum?

Here, let me show you my shocked face.
:neutral:

Wait, that doesn't seem to be right...

:igmeou:

Nope, having a hard time being shocked right now.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:09 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 365, GreyICE wrote:Fair warning about RedCoyote: He appears to care about this game. This may be a RedCoyote scumtell (although I utterly hate and despise the logic that someone plays more town when they're scum, in RC's case it's kinda true).

Okay, upgraded to actual scumtell, if RedCoyote appears to be playing the game, lynch him.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:15 am

Post by GreyICE »

By the by, this game was indeed a brutal uphill battle for scum, mostly because of the amount of townhunting we pulled off. After the Amrun lynch day 1,

Regfan was obvious town
Petapan was obvious town since forever
Melmond was coming around to a universal town read
Kondi was obvious town. Equinox is an infinity slot upgrade, but the original owner was still town~

That's... actually not much wiggle room. RedCoyote, I commend you again (your scumplay is excellent, if your townplay was half as good you'd be a joy to play with) you got both mislynches you could get, but in the end it was just too hard. You had to shoot obvious town and obvious town had town reads on all the townies, which, as Equinox said: "Grey had a town read on me, and died night 1. Peta said kondi was obvtown and died night 2. Regfan thought I was town and died night 3. Why would I do these things?"

Equinox, great job locking it into a 1v1 and throwing out some convincing arguments to get things there.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:24 am

Post by GreyICE »

Melmond, thank you for rereading and actually taking the time to look at things, rather than gut voting your scumread in LyLo.

To be honest there's a clear course from the start of day 1 to the end of day 4 for your play, and it's all uphill. You really did learn, which is... nice to see.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Post by Regfan »

Congratulations Melmond! And I second what Grey said, your play from the start of the game to the end picked up massively (With your blitzish hammer on Majjify being one minor exception which I'd probably suggest not doing in the future) which is really great to observe.

RC, you played well, I think your biggest issue was that everyone was somewhatish cleared or obvtown other than you who were just tonally townish.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

We've made it; this new world is ours. With the power coursing through my veins, nothing can stop us... nothing can stop me. Finally, after life and death and life again, I can paint the world in the image it was meant to be, and we can destroy all of those who stand in my way. Dance around the fire, my children, this is only the beginning! Already, heaven is tumbling down to the earth, and we can claim what was meant to be ours, and sweep away the chaff that found its way here. What do you desire? Money, fame, power...? It is all yours. We can make the world burn.

RedCoyote,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 4!

not that you guys needed that anyways
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

thank you all for playing, I wanted to see a couple things with the setup because I wanted to refine it a bit.
commentary later

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 411, Regfan wrote:PS: This game will be proof that I am a big cheater my scumhunting is superior to yours.

pretty much

reg explained after he died why he scumread FUT and it made complete sense i just didn't pick up that it had to do with another game that was ongoing
free crypto

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”